It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards Evil?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ats_account

I agree that demons can cause some people to go crazy and commit suicide. That board gets people hooked. It told my friend he would have her in the end, first MIND, then body, then soul. She had night terrors for years but they are gone now.

In our cases it wasn’t schizophrenia, since we all witnessed the same things.

It would be creepy to think we were all possessed and had multiple personality disorders. The weird thing about that as I refused to play I only wrote down the letters at time and was just a bystander.

I do think anyone can get demonically possessed if their soul is vacant and not just with a Ouija Board.

I wonder is they have done any surveys of suicide related deaths involving this board. I knew that some kids committed murders from playing Dungeons and Dragons a few years back.

Yes there are many here on ATS who are searching for afterlife answers some are quite scary and some are still searching.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Yes it may not be easy to find the "truth" about these things, even with the help of prayer and the Bible. Jesus talked in Matthew 7:7-11 about that if we keep on seeking we will eventually find, and if we keep on asking from God we will receive. But keeping on seeking and asking will require some amount of effort.

I agree with you on that it can be a scary thought that people get possessed. When Jesus was on earth there seems to have been a fair amount of such cases (judging from the Bible record) - and I am sure that they did not even have Ouija boards back then.

But then again books about witchcraft seems to have been around already then. Acts chapter 19, verse 19 records how many who became Christians gathered their books about witchcraft together and burned them. I think this is a good example regarding that sort of books and other related paraphernalia.

1 Corinthians 10:21 talks about not to be partaking from the table of the demons and the table of God. This means that we should serve God wholeheartedly, in a spiritually clean way, and not to look for spiritual 'food' (spiritual information) from the demons.

I once read about a young Romani (gypsy) man at a German concentration camp during WW2. He had spoken to a Christian person (who was there because of his neutrality) about a witchcraft book that he had read in his mothers home. The Christian person explained that the young man seemed very afraid because of what he had read from the book. I think the problem is that demons like to use fear (and other strong emotions) to control people. If it is not fear about the demons themselves, then perhaps fear about afterlife or about what the future will bring.

On another hand it is best for people not to worry too much about these issues (it would not be good for ones emotional balance). James 4:7 says that if we oppose the Devil, he will flee from us. It would not say so if Satan had some sort of 'absolute' power (that we are not able to resist) over us.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by ats_account]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Since this a long thread I have not been able to read all the replies, however I feel I should place my answer to the OP's question here.

The Ouija Board is atool and a "tool only" nothing more nothing less. It is not a "toy". I must repeat it is not a toy.

Give a kid a box of matches and it is entirely possible he will burn the entire house down.

This is a similar situation. Suffice to say playing with a Ouija Board is bound to get you hurt.

If you wish to learn to use it as a tool you will need to find someone really experienced to show you the ropes. Ideally the experienced person should be able to invoke and banish spirits, such a person will be able to protect both himself and you as you learn how to use it. It is not demonic or anything but a tool and in all respects a "portal" to the spirit world.
The responsibility to using it and safety lies the the person/persons using it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Yes, they are the work of the devil trying to get evil spirits to manifest into people.

Avoid them, whatever you do.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Very interesting. I agree with that, especially your comment ""demons like to use fear (and other strong emotions) to control people"

It's funny isnt it since we've talked about most people think the word "religion" is used to control people.?

I think people have more control over their beliefs than they think, rather that their beliefs having control over them.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshwar

Yes, we have encounted some bad entities through this tool. Some weird portal to a spirt relm as you say.

I also have said it is not a game and should come with a warning. Youre right it's not for kids!

Thanks for adding that it's very important. Some have asked for assistance on how to make it work. I have advised againt it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Thank you. I totally agree! Some have asked why not good spirits. They are deceptive at fisrt seeming like good spirits to find out later how powerful and evil they can be.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Dude! I've totally had that happen to me! They prompted my sight with 11:11 and 1234 and 2:12 and bull# like that. Then they pointed out that there was a pet in the room with me and all this other BS. But....

John 4:1

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Good ideas! False prophets.

Hey, were you the one who post the 11:11 thread. If so i also posted on yours. That was interesting.

It's weird how all this stuff is coming together!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I had one bad things started to happen tried to burn it out back in fire pile found it next day in front yard covered in soot had to take a saw to it
cut it in to small parts and burned again stayed gone this time i dont think they are evil they dont do anything by themselves until we charge them after all it just a piece of wood with some words on it ghost hunters could prob use one to summon ghost to study instead of chasing them all over the place they need a group of people who think they work to use it

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverdemon71
I had one bad things started to happen tried to burn it out back in fire pile found it next day in front yard covered in soot had to take a saw to it
cut it in to small parts and burned again stayed gone this time i dont think they are evil they dont do anything by themselves until we charge them after all it just a piece of wood with some words on it ghost hunters could prob use one to summon ghost to study instead of chasing them all over the place they need a group of people who think they work to use it

Good point about ghost hunters.

The same thing happened to us. We tried buring it in a metal burn barrel and it wouldnt burn.

We had a raging hot fire going with coals.

Your story is a bit more freaky. I wonder the the board made it to the front yard. Spooky!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
There are safe ways to contact the dead and there are unsafe ways. A board is an extremely unsafe way, which invites unwanted attention from the bad things out there. Not always, just a high chance of it.

Interesting subject with these witch boards,I have always thought of them as a toy for teenagers having a sleep over party.On the other hand,I was curious about those tv shows like "Most Haunted" and "Taps Ghost hunters"when ever they capture spirit voices on a tape recorder or voice recorder (called EVP).Last weekend I tried an experiment like this for the first time using my Digital media recorder.The 4 of us sat around a fire pit outside of my cottage, asking questions to the person who originally built the cottage and died after he hung him self in a tree on the property.I did not think I would capture anything but sure enough,strange voices and whispers are audible and gave me chills when I played the recording back the next day. It could be some animal in the back forest too but one whisper at the end sounds so clear but far away and says something like "show me the bush " or "shove me into the bush" It gave me the creeps and it was none of us whispering jibberish either. I am curious to try again tomorrow night but not alone! Is this dangerous? I'm not 100% convinced it is paranormal but don't want any trouble if it is.Here is the Link to the EVP...
s32.photobucket.com...

Very weird,I tried 4 times to upload this video but the part with the spirit voice at the end refuses to buffer all the way to the end of the clip where you hear a voice whispering...possibly I will try it on Youtube,darn frustrating....OK one last time.....I think it's working now

[edit on 30-4-2009 by mistr_b2]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by mistr_b2]

[edit on 1-5-2009 by mistr_b2]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mistr_b2

That was creepy!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ya we are just talking about going back there tonight and try another recording session. With other people around the camp fire, it is not too freaky,not sure if I could try it alone though.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2
Ya we are just talking about going back there tonight and try another recording session. With other people around the camp fire, it is not too freaky,not sure if I could try it alone though.

If you are able to play it alone I wouldnt suggest doing it again outside by the campfire.

What kind of entities have you encountered?

Ours was bad to the bone!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well since I moved in a month ago at the summer cottage, I have noticed strange things happening when I'm alone there.One time I made coffee with one of those cheap wal-Mart coffee makers,it only has a basic on\off switch and does not have any auto off feature so even if the main power to the house went off for a second the coffee maker would still be on no matter what.Like I have left it on all day before and it won't ever shut off unless I flick the off switch. So the first day I moved in, I made coffee ,it started brewing and thought I would go out to the outhouse for a washroom break which is behind the cabin in the forest.When I went back in the cabin,I went to sit down and watch TV until a commercial break.Then i went to get my coffee and it had brewed a full pot of coffee but it was completely cold,I swear to god,impossible but it was cold and the switch was off! I never turned it off so I was a bit freaked out.The next day I would go out to the outhouse and every time I went back to the cabin ,the tv channel would be different or off and the computer would have some program on that I never clicked with the mouse(could be a virus but I checked it was OK)......just things like that keep happening and that's why I decided to do the EVP experiments.It certainly is an interesting place with quite a colorful history of several deaths in the woods. Including the original owner of the cabin.Now the weirdest noises come after mid-night from the second floor of the cabin if i am on the bottom level that sound like some one moving around up there but it could be just the wind shifting the boards of the floor perhaps?Still spooky sometimes.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well since I moved in a month ago at the summer cottage, I have noticed strange things happening when I'm alone there.One time I made coffee with one of those cheap wal-Mart coffee makers,it only has a basic on\off switch and does not have any auto off feature so even if the main power to the house went off for a second the coffee maker would still be on no matter what.Like I have left it on all day before and it won't ever shut off unless I flick the off switch. So the first day I moved in, I made coffee ,it started brewing and thought I would go out to the outhouse for a washroom break which is behind the cabin in the forest.When I went back in the cabin,I went to sit down and watch TV until a commercial break.Then i went to get my coffee and it had brewed a full pot of coffee but it was completely cold,I swear to god,impossible but it was cold and the switch was off! I never turned it off so I was a bit freaked out.The next day I would go out to the outhouse and every time I went back to the cabin ,the tv channel would be different or off and the computer would have some program on that I never clicked with the mouse(could be a virus but I checked it was OK)......just things like that keep happening and that's why I decided to do the EVP experiments.It certainly is an interesting place with quite a colorful history of several deaths in the woods. Including the original owner of the cabin.Now the weirdest noises come after mid-night from the second floor of the cabin if i am on the bottom level that sound like some one moving around up there but it could be just the wind shifting the boards of the floor perhaps?Still spooky sometimes.

Do you go alone often? From what you say I would be freaked out to stay there. You said you sometimes walk in to the woods. What happened to the dead guy that was the original owner of the cabin. Why have others died in the woods?

I also live in the woods. The wind doesnt affect it but since there is no city noise anything out of the norrmal gives me the creeps. I have some Blair witch type people that live near by with stick figures hanging in their trees and a few Wiccans.

I think it's odd that I am the only one out here who puts out Christmas lights.

Once a year I hear some sort of bongo drums playing far off across the meadow. I've never figured out who was doing this or why. I only suspect it was not of God.

Have you tried contacting any entities on the Ouija Board? I wouldnt try if you havent. I personally think they should ban the game.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The next day I would go out to the outhouse and every time I went back to the cabin ,the tv channel would be different or off and the computer would have some program on that I never clicked with the mouse(could be a virus but I checked it was OK)......just things like that keep happening and that's why I decided to do the EVP experiments.It certainly is an interesting place with quite a colorful history of several deaths in the woods.

yeah...that sort of things get people to then try to contact the spirits to find the answers to what is happening.

Which is probably exactly why it would happen. To gauge your interest.

How about just ignoring the nonsense? If that now is being done by spirits it is after all not very serious. So if you ignore it they would eventually look for other "victims". Or tell them to go away - they would get the drift that you are not interested.

And contacting spirits for answers? The Bible also gives answers (but I guess not in as *cool* a format).

The ridiculous part is that some people (not you) might even accuse another who explains what the Bible says of being a false prophet but then do not mind asking these spirits (through a medium or some tool) questions...as if they are some sort of "source of truth".

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I know you replied to mistr_ but I found your comment so true that "The Bible also gives answers (but I guess not in as *cool* a format)".

It holds all the answers but I've found it isnt a cool topic here, although many love to jump in and bash the subject.

Many are on to this and simply dont comment, in fear of being chased down and persecuted. I find it kind of funny but they all have free will.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
All I know, is that ALWAYS work. And the experiences can scare many people.

Infact, an enity was called into my house last time it was used. And he has not left yet. I'm not scared of him anymore, he's funny. It's just weird.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join