It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards Evil?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Don't be ridiculous. Ouija boards are neither good or evil. They inanimate objsects.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i only got a few posts into this thread and felt like i needed to put this out there. i have also posted it on another thread about the boards.

while i was using one of these with my friends i thought it would be funny to mess with one of them while she asking questions so i started moving the triangle thing around and spelling out things. the weird thing was that she was getting genuinly freaked out by my answers because she was asking about what she was thinking about and i was answering them correctly (keep in mind that she thought it was a spirit and did not know that i was trying to scare her) but on the other hand i had no way of knowing these answers. so the only think i can think of is i was used as a middle man i guess for this spirit to answer her questions but i didn't know at the time, i just thought i was getting lucky at guessing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
but to answer your question i don't think they are good or evil. if they work like they are supposed to it would be the spirit that was contacted that was good or evil, the board would have nothing to do with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Have you ever played A Ouija Board? Do you believe they are Evil?

What is on the other side of these boards?

Some may say alien communication. I say Demonic powers. Does anyone have a similar experience with Ouija Boards?

[edit on 5-4-2009 by wonderworld]

I have never played with one, because I was actually warned (I believe by God!) not to. Since then, all I have heard and read has confirmed that the warning was right - those things are definitely evil!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't think they are evil, I have used them on investigations under controlled conditions. I'm never 100% convinced that they provide good evidence for the paranormal investigator, the best results I've seen from using a board at an investigation were where we had the glass move in conjunction with the lights on a K2 meter. I have personally never seen anything bad happen as the result of Ouija use. As with many things like this, a lot of it us down to the user.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ilytjb3

Could be an example of channeling, I often think that more than one person s moving the glass, not always doing in consciously, I think Ouija is sometimes down to combined human energies moving the glass, not the spirit world

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ilytjb3

I'm glad you did talk of this. I believe it can happen! It's very creepy isnt it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

You were smart to take the warning! I now know it is part of the occult and not to mess with them. I'm a Christian too and have seen the evil that comes from these. I wont touch another with a ten foot pole. Who ever it was that warned you knew what they were talking about.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghosthunter79
reply to post by ilytjb3

Could be an example of channeling, I often think that more than one person s moving the glass, not always doing in consciously, I think Ouija is sometimes down to combined human energies moving the glass, not the spirit world

I respect your opinion but in our case no one needed to touch the piece, just hover fingers over it. It took a 3rd person to write down the letters it went to fast. The only times fingers were needed was to hold it on to the board or it would fly off.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Evil? No. Dangerous? Yes.

I jused a home made ouija board with a friend a bunch of times as a teenager. We had some pretty trippy experiences at times. Once when my aunt was using it to try and get in touch with her dead husband, the glass we were using as a planchette smashed on her hand.

Basically what you're doing is opening a vortex to the lower etheric; F22 in Monroe's terminology, if memory serves. It's the sort of layer where you get recent suicides, comatose people, schizophrenics who are living but out of it, that kind of thing. Generally not people who you really want to be spending a whole lot of your time with.

The best case scenario is that you'll hook into a schizophrenic who's actually still living, and is communicating with you unconsciously, or some random 19 year old who offed themselves last week. Worst case, you'll get either a serial killer or psychopath, or something non-human that is truly undesirable; although that doesn't happen as often as Christians would have you believe.

The main risk with ouija use, is permanently anchoring/creating a vortex in a given location, due to repeated use of the board in that room/place. If that happens, then you're really going to have problems, because you've basically created a permanent tear in the local veil, which spirits can use to get through to physical reality a lot more quickly and easily than usual, in order to cause problems. Possession is a relatively minor risk. I'm not saying it can't happen, but you won't see it every day.

I generally recommend that people leave the ouija board alone, personally. If you know who you specifically want to talk to, there are much safer and more desirable methods, and if you don't know who you want to talk to, then you really shouldn't have anything to do with spirit communication in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join