It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards Evil?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Interesting. I do admit I am very skeptical due to my own experience but that does sound intriguing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Yes intriguing is putting it mildly. It ended up being too scary to continue. Too much power coming through that thing! Creepy.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This story is from my Mother,

She and her friends were playing with a Quija board (collage years). At one point they decided to close their eyes, hold hands and try to summon a spirit to comunicate with them through the board. A noise was heard and a few of them opened their eyes, at this point she says they saw what must have been a demon standing behind their friend with its hand on her shoulder (dark shadow like figure with red eyes).

At this point "in horror" they all "called out" to Jesus and the figure dissapeared. They then proceded to throw the board into the fire place. She claims they all heard screams as it was burning.

Thats her story, and I belive that is why she is a "hardcore" christian now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You guys do know that an experiment was done with a Ouija board and a group of people. All the people were hooded in such a wayso that there was no possibility of anyone being able to see the board.

Guess what?

It doesn't work if people cannot physically see the board. Its the human subconscious that moves the pointer,,, nothing more, nothing less.

Try it for your self, if you blindfold all the people,,, nothing will happen no matter how long you sit there and try.

Debunked

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Passenger

I believe your mom's story. We tried burning the board in a metal burn barrel, with a raging hot fire and it wouldnt burn. that this is made of wood and should have burned well. The next day we wiped off the soot and it was not burnt a bit. Very crazy.

We also contacted a very evil entity. We asked to see him and he refused saying we would never be the same.

Yes it's true that many who play the Ouija Board become belivers in a hurry. They figure if there is such powerful evil there must also be a God.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

It's important to have all your senses when playing, including eye sight. It's true that entites on the other side can control the mind but I must say my friends are not telepathic. We made objects move asking the entity to do so. It does work.

I have a feeling the people in the room with the blindfold were non believers. This will cause the board to not work, We know from experience.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by RickinVa

I have a feeling the people in the room with the blindfold were non believers. This will cause the board to not work, We know from experience.

I do wonder if it does depend on people who believe or people that have experienced other weird paranormal stuff in the past.I have had other weird things happen going back a few years.So,I am more open to experiencing something new.I have a brother though,a complete non believer in anything mysterious at all.Yet, when I played back the EVP recording of the strange voices I picked up the last time we were at the camp site.My brother became violently ill about 1 hour later.He ran outside to vomit several times.
He also started losing all the fluid from his body from the rear end if you know what I mean.He tried to run to the out house but was too late ,made it half way laying on the ground in agony with fluid shooting out of both ends.I thought it was really funny
He says he's never been that sick in his life Could be just a Flu bug but...I don't know too much of a coincidence.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mistr_b2

That is a funny story. Youre poor brother. I think some people are more intuitive or perceptive. I think it also takes an open mind. We've had the board refuse to work simply because the entity didnt like the guy in the room but started after he left. Very weird.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have my own Ouija story i am going to relate but i would like to say to the person who posted about the ouija being debunked because the people were hooded. That is not proof of it not working. I assume your refering to the show Penn and Teller: Bull#! where they did the ouija experimetn and turned the board upside down and asked questions. The planchete went to empty areas of the board the people assumed were yes and no etc. This in my opinion only means that whatever or whoever is guiding the board is using the people and cannot see the board itself. If it is a spirit or whatever then it needs us to make it work same as it cannot move items in our plane and make them float around or so i believe.

Anyways my own experience lends me to think that something external is helping guide the board. I was a skeptic, very much so. i tend to look to reason to explain things and always have tried to find the logical answer to things including ouija. I used to subscribe to the idea that its a game and that its a kind of mind reading thing between the 2 people playing and the 2 people are moving the planchette until one day.. here is what happened that day.

Me and my sister were using one of thos parker brothers boards bought at a toys r us i believe. Anwyays i never put much into the dang thing but she did. She truly believed it was a ghost or spirit. Anyways it gave us a name and said this and said that all of which couldnt be verified. We were in my bedroom and my sis was on the bed and i was opposite her on a chair with the board on our knees and the parker brothers game states to do.
I had my window open and my friend had come by and we were talking to him and had been playing the board for maybe 30 minutes i guess. We had our fingers on the planchette but wasnt talkingt o it rather was talking to my friend. We were bothed shocked when it started moving and said things like it wanted him to leave and then he started making commments back at which the board replied back with hateful things. Ok no biggie right. I was laughing and trying to make him believe me i wasnt making it say this stuff. He of course didnt believe me and got mad and was about to leave. All of a sudden it spelled something very odd. It started to move and we assumed more hateful stuff to say about my friend and it spelled dead dog. Thats all just dead dog. This was what it spelled when he was ranting that its not real and its crap and you guys are making it do that.
Well i thought this to mean at first it was calling him a dead dog and so did he. He got mad at us for saying this crap as he called it and left. I turned to my sister and was kinda laughing at how absurd it was and she didnt get it she said i didnt move it and i said i didnt thin kshe did and i said neither did i.
About this time i looked down from were i was sitting. there under the bed with just his head sticking out maybe halfway was our dog. He was fast asleep. He looked as if he was dead. LOL. No kidding he seriously looked like a dead dog and thats when it hit me. The board wasnt talkuing about my friend he was talking about the dog in the room that i must add neither me or my sister knew was in the room. At some point our dog BJ came into the room and got under the bed and went to sleep. Neither of us knew this yet this board spelled this. I got creeped out majorly. Now i know you might say yeah but your sister knew and put you on this whole time. maybe but i saw her reaction and she was just as shocked and laughed just as hard when we realized what happened. Also to not this same day same time i asked it a question and one that did come true. I asked it if the spirit liked me and it said NO! Most emphatically no. I asked why and it spelled virgin. I said because i am not a virgin and said no and then spelled the name ANNAJO. Incidently that was the name of my wife and i was a virgin when i married her at 21.
Very weird!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Wow the same thing happened to us.

We had a great friend; however behind his back we called him fat boy. One day we invited him over to write doen all the letters. It started saying mean thing about him, told him to leave and called him Fat boy. We all felt so bad.

It also said "watch I'll make fat boys butt cold", which this entity did quite frequently as a joke. He got so scared he left and refused to play again. We felt horrible.

Our entity said he could never physically hurt us he could only make wind blow, make things cold and slowly move objects. He made things move all the time. The coffee pot handle or what ever we asked for. We found out later he could get us. We asked how? He said first mind then body, then soul. Freaky!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Do I think ouija boards are evil?

No, it's just a game. But there are so many wild stories out there about weird things happening (supposedly) to people playing with them that everyone's imagination runs wild. That's not "spirits", it's human nature!

Interesting that blind-folded people do not get meaningful results. Pretty good indicator right there that people are (however unwittingly) moving the planchette to form words.

If there really ARE evil entities going around bothering people, everyone should be aware of it--whether they "believe" in it or not!

Example: If I stand up on a ledge and drop a ball, it's gonna hit the ground. It'll hit whether I "believe" in gravity or not!!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by abovereproach

Yes I agree that is why it works for some and not for others. Maybe it has something to do with believing? We believed in it and you cant imagine the Evil that came through the board in to the house. It was too Evil. We immediatly moved out of that house, after that. No one has touched the game since. Never will!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here's a video on this very subject.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I couldnt get the video past the ad it kept freezing up. Does it confirm the board works or denies it?
Thank you

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have never actually owned or played with a Ouija set, simply because my mother firmly believed they were evil and told me never to try it. I was not allowed to have it, though now as an adult, I would say I certainly have no interest now.

Ouija boards seem really creepy to me and if it DID tell me something weird I would probably wish I never tried it.

I remember also getting deterred from every trying a Ouija board because I watched Unsolved Mysteries alot and once in awhile they would have really detailed stories about Ouija experiences that told the future or something like that.

needless to say if it isn't evil it's forboding.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

I couldnt get the video past the ad it kept freezing up. Does it confirm the board works or denies it?
Thank you

Hmmm, this might be a job for the ATSmedia Dept., it works good for me. Maybe a Rebooticus Maximus might be a good idea, (reboot).
It basically says be careful.
It's an old video yet it gives a warning about 9-11.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Hi,

I dont expect you to read through all the posts; however there are some very evil stories. I encountered an extremely Evil Entity, very powerful and caused enough fear to never touch it again.

It's fun to talk about at Halloween though! Not many believe it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Thanks, Ive always believed there should be a Warning on the game. It shouldnt be sold in the Parker Brothers game section and should be sold in Occult stores. Really!

Thanks again. I may pull it up on youtube.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I diffenetly think they are evil. all the people I have spoken with about them have something creepy and weird to tell me about. I;m thinking NO THANK YOU!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I could never mess with those they just really make me uneasy

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join