It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I think he meant morally guilty.

The thing about morals thou, everyone has different morals.

The world is never so black and white, there's a lot of grey, which is why this subject is such a complicated and heated subject.

To find somebody guilty, you have to judge. I think their god has told them in numerous nifty ancient phrases not to do that, or else they will feel their god's judgement. They cannot pick and choose which of their god's demands they will follow, right??

[edit on 26-3-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

"Rant and Rave"?
I have worked at a crisis pregnancy center.
I have given LOTS of money to help orphans and pregnancy centers, which provide diapers, food, clothing, furniture, mental counseling and job searches for women in an unwanted pregnancy!
So, yeah I HAVE put my money where my mouth is.

I think that is great! Are you for teaching teens about birth control?

I mentioned ranting and raving because I'm pretty sure you've said some pretty ugly, religiously justified things about women who choose to abort. If I'm confusing you with someone else then I apologize.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by skeptic1

I agree. I don't support abortion after the first trimester either. I support the right to own a gun, but I don't want violent offenders owning them. I believe everything should have its limits. I hope that makes sense.

It does, and I feel the same way.

I think people have the idea that all pro-choice advocates are ok with a woman having an abortion when she is 8 months pregnant, and that is not the case for the vast majority of us.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What is there to debate ?????????????????????????????

The women pregnant make their own choices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEBATE OVER

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I think you're trying to rile me up, young lady.
I have never said women who abort are nasty or ****** or any such thing!
Don't insinuate I have, please.

I HAD an abortion!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You kinda got the quote messed up there! haha

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
And I just got finished saying that I ALREADY taught my 11 year old what a condom is for!

Children should be aware of these things!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

lol, thanks...i didn't see that

link   
Okie dokie folks,

This is a very heated topic and will remain a heated topic for a long time.

Having said that I think we're all capable (no matter which side youre on) to discuss this civilly without baiting and attacking, getting off topic or yelling.

So from hence forth manners and decorum from both sides of the debate or warning badges will be passed out like candy.

Okie doke?

Okie doke.

Thanks and happy posting,

Spiderj

link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
And I just got finished saying that I ALREADY taught my 11 year old what a condom is for!

Children should be aware of these things!

I'm glad you think so, I meant in schools, I thought you were just talking about in the home. I'm honestly not trying to rile you up. I honestly just mistook you for someone else, and that's entirely my fault.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think the main thing we should all remember is:

Do what you think is right, whatever the choice you make. Be prepared for this choice. And live your life knowing you did what you think is right. You did the best you could.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No problem.......
Yes, I think sex ed can be taught in schools in a respectful way.
Respectful of the young people and the parents.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

No problem.......
Yes, I think sex ed can be taught in schools in a respectful way.
Respectful of the young people and the parents.

I agree. While I ultimately want young people to get the education they need I don’t like the thought of schools stepping on parents toes. I can see why some parents worry about the age such education is taught at and what it entails.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by seb2882
reply to post by Amaterasu

I don't believe in any God other than my own beliefs. It's simple empathy with another living creature.

Ah. Fair enough. I presume you don't eat meat? Or vegetables? Or anything you have to kill?

I don't believe in any dogma myself, but I find the words of these "Gods" to offer a good benchmark. Given that unwanted children have a very high rate of sociopathy and psychopathy, what's wrong with using that as a benchmark so as to reduce the percentage of ill-equipped humans in our society?

I eat what I have to eat, that's part of my self sustaining as a living being. Abortion has absolutely nothing to do with what I eat. If you want to discuss with eating with me, we can start a new thread.

If those unwanted children grow as you portray them (which I'm not agreeing) the solution is not just dispose them. You are putting everyone on the same box. I knew unwanted kids who got adopted and came out as great human beings. Not everybody is the same, and for the ill ones... that's why we are supposed to be in a society. To help eachother.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by seb2882]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Viral
Again, this boils down to one question: If no one wants the fetus, should we terminate it? And if it is born, should we terminate the baby if no one is willing to raise it? Should we kill those who are suffering, to prevent further suffering by that logic?

What's this we? Do YOU terminate fetuses much??

You can all continue with your COMPLETELY emotional arguments all you want, abortions will go on, even if you managed to outlaw it in this country, people who want abortions will get them on the black market or in mexico, people already go there for dental services. Here's an idea, how bout you tell your religous nutcase pals that you should all start pushing condoms and birth control instead of abstinence, that might ACTUALLY make a dent. But no, you won't do that, you'll continue to scream to make abortion illegal, because you want to be able to FORBID FORBID FORBID in the name of YOUR values, while at the SAME F-ING TIME, support wars in the name of freedom in which fully formed children are mutilated DAILY. You are ALL hypocrites.

That was a completely irrelevant post. This is why I avoid these discussions, you always have someone who gets threatened and starts throwing out baseless insults.

To answer your question, "we" was used in the conditional. It's a rhetorical device. Although I'm sure you knew that, you just wanted to label me a "religious nutcase" for having a different view than you, which I didn't even press on anyone. I asked questions. If asking questions elicits such hatred from you, I shudder to think what telling you the truth would be like.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That 9 year old rape victim is still alive despite the catholic church's interference. That abortion was said to have been the greater of two evils.. the lesser being her rape. The abortion was performed to preserve her life yet it was still seen as a greater evil? Compared to a monster that preys on his stepdaughters?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by seb2882
I don't understand this: why could I kill an unborn child (which is a different entity than me) and I can't kill him/her afterwards, or rape him/her or make it my slave? Why is that not OK?

Because, if any of several Gods (including the Biblical one) is to be believed, the vessel (fetus) has no soul until first breath. Once a soul has entered, you now have an ensouled being - which deserves the respect and honor that you, yourself might want.

Until then, it is only a vessel.

If that is the case why would David write in Psalms 139 verse 13 " For You

(God) formed my inward parts; You (God) knitted me together in my

mother's womb?

I wonder, if a mother killed her 11 year old child, could she consider that an extremely late term abortion?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chicken on seaweed

Do you honestly believe that the vast majority of pro-choice advocates think along those lines?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chicken on seaweed
I wonder, if a mother killed her 11 year old child, could she consider that an extremely late term abortion?

Is this 11 year old child stuck inside her uterus? surely it would survive outside the womb after a c section..

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
And the debate still rages on.

Look backward whilst dividing amongst yourselves. Fingers will always be pointed in all the wrong directions.

Extend your hands in respect of all choices.

Be In Peace.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join