It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I think that for a website with members that do an excellant job of denouncing corporations and cultural brainwashing we sure do get riled up and defensive of the abortion industry. This isnt about human rights, its about people being convinced that they need to defend a woman's "right" to terminate her pregnancy, not defend an industry that rakes in almost a billion dollars a year in the states alone. We have managed to suspend our conscience and scream human rights violation every time someone questions the morality in killing a fetus. We really need to question how we have come to a point where we defend one industry so vehemently and blindly, but still manage to condemn wal-mart.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by chicken on seaweed

Do you honestly believe that the vast majority of pro-choice advocates think along those lines?

I'm not sure how they think. Unfortunately more sympathy is given to animals than humans. You have your opinion and I have mine. One day we both will stand before God and he will let us know who is right or wrong.
Now I know someone will be quick to jump on me because I believe in God. Not only that, I believe Jesus is his son and died for the sin of the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Me too!

Second lines are good.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Do you know what adoption is? No one is forcing those children on the natural parents. They can easily give them up.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pehrj

"easily give them up"? No that is not the case.. there would be nothing easy about giving a newborn away to strangers.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

So it would be easier to abort?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Perhaps it is for some. I do not think "adopting out is easy" is a legitamate argument against abortion. I do not like it when prolifers try minumalise the impact of pregnacy and childbirth on women.. carrying a baby to term is no small sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I agree that carrying a baby to term is no small sacrifice. I wonder though, how many women have regretted that they have had an abortion and how many have regretted giving their baby up for adoption. For those that regret that they gave their baby up for adoption, how many do you think would say if they had the chance to do it over again, would rather kill the baby instead? I think that number would not be very high. Do you?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No don't. Many women go on to have other children which would not exist if not for that decision.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I feel for those in both categories. A mother who has given a baby up for adoption can know that they have atleast given the child a chance. A mother who has aborted a child can't. Which causes the most emotional scarring?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It would depend on the woman and her own situation.. given I am not them I cannot speculate or judge their decisions.

because I am not them.

If I were them then I would know what would be best for me at the time. Telling grown women whats best for them is presuming authority over them.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Telling someone what is best for them is responsibility. Not telling them is negligence. If you saw a child running with scissors, that it is best not to do so? Or if a 21 year old were drinking, that it would be a good idea not to drive?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chicken on seaweed
reply to post by riley

Telling someone what is best for them is responsibility. Not telling them is negligence.

Indeed slave masters used to have similar mottos. Are you against free will?

..and you do NOT know what is best for a hypothetical woman who finds herself with an unwanted pregnancy. To presume that is arrogent.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I'm not sure what parallel you are tryng to make with slave masters. I absolutely do agree with free will. If you want to jump out of an airplane with no parachute, its your choice. I can tell you beforehand what will happen. How do you suppose that is arrogant?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

I'm not sure what parallel you are tryng to make with slave masters.

People used to say that slaves needed masters.. "for their own good" because they claimed they needed guidence. Actually missionaries say kind of the same things when trying to overtake other cultures..

I absolutely do agree with free will.

So do I.. that is why I am pro choice.

If you want to jump out of an airplane with no parachute, its your choice. I can tell you beforehand what will happen. How do you suppose that is arrogant?

I don't see how a woman having an abortion is like jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's all about the choice. I'm completely pro-choice. And in the majority of the circumstances, the said woman has the choice to engage in sexual activities or not. Fortunately for us, babies are known sometimes come as a result of sex. So ideally, there shouldn't be very many unwanted pregnancies in the first place. Now in the certain cases of rape and such, I have a hard time taking a stance. Very difficult argument to take sides on. Too many variables. I say it should be left respectively to the States rather than allowing the Mob to impose more laws on us. I mean err.. Congress. Allow the choice to be made. Choose the State who's laws fit you best.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Dienekes]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I'm sure you've made many choices in your lifetime. How many have been bad? If you're like me plenty. The problem with choices and free will is that mistakes will be made. You know hindsight is 20/20. The difference between pro-life and pro-choice is simply this. Pro-life values the woman and life of the child. Pro-choice advocates cannot appreciate the significance and miracle of an unborn child. I see an unborn child as a human being. You do not. It all boils down to this. One day we will be dead and gone. We will stand before God and he will let us know who is right or wrong. If I am right, I feel sorry for you. If I am wrong, I will still be satisfied that I took no part in destroying what would be another human being

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dienekes

Good idea. I'll be in the pro-life state if you need me. We will be recognized by our high population

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

I'm sure you've made many choices in your lifetime. How many have been bad? If you're like me plenty. The problem with choices and free will is that mistakes will be made. You know hindsight is 20/20. The difference between pro-life and pro-choice is simply this. Pro-life values the woman and life of the child.

It certainly does not. The vatican actually tried to prevent an abortion being given to a 9 year old girl who was carrying twins.. they were NOT valueing her life.

My choices and mistakes are plenty but they were MINE to make. Only I can walk my journey.

Pro-choice advocates cannot appreciate the significance and miracle of an unborn child. I see an unborn child as a human being. You do not.

You really are crossing the line here bud. I would thank you to not make unfounded judgments on how I see things. I think women should make their own decisions because they're the ones that deal with the consequences. You talk about the value of human beings yet think pregnant women shouldn't have free will..

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

reply to post by riley

I'm sure you've made many choices in your lifetime. How many have been bad? If you're like me plenty. The problem with choices and free will is that mistakes will be being given to a 9 year old girl who was carrying twins.. they were NOT valueing her life.

My choices and mistakes are plenty but they were MINE to make. Only I can walk my journey.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by chicken on seaweed]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join