It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
reply to post by sinister_scarecrow

huh? men are responsible for their own seed. If you don't want it sprouting don't plant it.

2nd line.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by riley]

As I said it's a necessary need that sometimes has more control over the man than he wants. The women know this all too well. Why do you think that sex is the number 1 rated discussion/past-time on the internet by a wide margin? Because women are exploiting men for their cash far more than men do it to them. It is just necessary for men to have sex and even when they try to do it responsibly, alot of women still make sure they get pregnant by sabotage. Hence, the father gets mad and leaves and she is now stuck with her new decision abortion or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

But enough about me, how about you? What have you done lately?

I protest for things I believe in. Tax revolt in CA, against prop 8 in CA (gave money to fight it). Haven't been able to do as much this year because I'm polishing a manuscript, but I have no trouble taking the time to support things I believe in. I was in the system for two years so that's something that is important to me as well. I try to educate people about emotional abuse in the system, it's hard to get the officials in CA to take this stuff seriously though, it's difficult to get those kids the attention they deserve.

Saying that it is human nature to have sex, therefore we are not responsible for the accidents that happen?

That's not what I said, I made my point very clear. In reality people make mistakes, with every issue life throws at people there will always be those who make mistakes. This is part of life and those who make mistakes deserve reasonable options, not extreme options that do not fit with the reality we live in.

I sent Walden an e-mail. Nothing about this special help on their website but I'll be interested to see what they say. I e-mailed Trinity as well, they seem to be an evangelic church, so this should be interesting...

Face it, getting pregnant and keeping the baby is a difficult decision

Never said it wasn't.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I'm glad you contacted them. But when you talked to First reformed, you would have to ask Specifics, as it is not an advertised program, merely something they have done. But let me know, and I can use that google button on my Safari window to look up "church sponsored child support programs." (might have to play with those key words.)

Also, I was asking what you have done for struggling young mothers, but I am with you on the Tax issues!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinister_scarecrow

Originally posted by riley
reply to post by sinister_scarecrow

huh? men are responsible for their own seed. If you don't want it sprouting don't plant it.

As I said it's a necessary need that sometimes has more control over the man than he wants. The women know this all too well.

You are being offensive. Believe it or not women aren't demons incarnate getting pregnant on purpose just to get money.. some might but not all. There are a hell of alot of men that use women just for sex and will cry foul when she inevitably falls pregnant. It's not the womans fault if YOU decide not to wear a condom.

Hence, the father gets mad and leaves and she is now stuck with her new decision abortion or not.

..or he just uses that as an excuse to shirk responsibility. You sound like you think deadbeat dads are heroes.. truth is any man who deserts a woman like that is a coward.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Also, I was asking what you have done for struggling young mothers

I support their right to choose to become a young mother in the first place. I've met plenty of young women who are glad for that.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have had to watch such videos on this site, yes.

And I have seen that in person.

But death in war is a two way street, so I say that your analogy is incorrect.

No, it isn't incorrect. According to your stance it is exactly the same. Why is it that Human Beings protected by your ilk suddenly lose that protection once they become adults?

Why not state your goal plainly -- you wish to control the decisions and actions of other adults.

Please drop the blatant hypocrisy!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Of course abortion is not pretty to see, but neither is any other surgical procedure. I can't watch the video, but I am assuming it is of a late-stage pregnancy being terminated. One that shows a fetus that is developed enough to be thought of as a baby, being killed instead of born.
Granted, that is a horrific sight, and should not be considered unimportant or invalid.
The experience of having an abortion is not without consequences for most women, nor is it something most women undergo lightly. To assume that a woman who has had an abortion did so because she is selfish and doesn't want to have to accept the consequences of her actions, is narrow minded and inaccurate. Most women who choose abortion, over adoption or having a child with no way to support it or care for it, do so, with the belief that it would be better for a child not to be born, than born into a world that doesn't want it.

Do you think that it would be any less traumatic for a woman to carry a baby to term, just to turn around and give it up, once it was born, because she had no way to care for it herself?
It seems like it would be much more traumatic, for both the child and the mother, to do that.

Also, how much more upsetting and disgusting are all of the news stories about babies and youngsters who were born, only to be abused and murdered by the very parents who were so kind as to bring them into this world? Surely, those videos and stories must count for something in the pro-life/choice argument, if a video of an abortion does.

Here are some stats from CASAColumbia.org:
# In 1985, there were 798 reported child deaths from abuse and neglect; in 1996, 1,185 were reported but the U.S. Advisory Board on Child Abuse and Neglect set the actual number in 1995 at 2,000--more than five deaths a day.
# Four out of five (78%) of the children killed were under age five and 38% under age one.
# Nationwide, the number of children in foster care has nearly doubled rising from 280,000 in 1986 to 502,000 in 1996. The number of children in and out of foster care over the course of a year is at least 700,000.
# Only 1 in 4 children available for adoption are adopted

One final note, regarding the option to be sterilized. I made the decision several years ago not to have children. Primarily because I believe that there are enough children without families, if I ever decide I want kids, I'll adopt them. However, sterilization is not even performed for most healthy women or men under 30 (which I am now), no matter how resolved they are about not having kids. If you are over 30, doctors are still extremely reluctant to "fix" you if you've never had children. They make you feel like something is wrong with you if you don't want to procreate! So no, sterilization is not really an option for those of us who don't want children.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Hello Jason,
You've stated that abortion due to rape etc are statistically minimal however I haven't seen your opinion on such abortions.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

So.... if the fetus could fight back it'd be cool?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Angus123]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Whose rights are more important, then?

The woman or the fetus?

[edit on 3/25/2009 by skeptic1]

Easy. Whomever is in the most danger of losing their life.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by thrustbucket]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by thrustbucket]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epitomous Nub
I think that for a website with members that do an excellant job of denouncing corporations and cultural brainwashing we sure do get riled up and defensive of the abortion industry. This isnt about human rights, its about people being convinced that they need to defend a woman's "right" to terminate her pregnancy, not defend an industry that rakes in almost a billion dollars a year in the states alone. We have managed to suspend our conscience and scream human rights violation every time someone questions the morality in killing a fetus. We really need to question how we have come to a point where we defend one industry so vehemently and blindly, but still manage to condemn wal-mart.

Wow, if one window is closed try another, eh? You people are amazing. Yes, we should all rally against "big abortion" giants who rake in the money off the death of children. They WANT people to get pregnant, so they can abort them. Riiiiight. Maybe Planned Parenthood should stop giving out all that free birth control, that's not a very smart business practice. You know, there are MANY big companies that DO rake in money by killing children. Haliburton ring a bell? Our government kills LOTS of kids, but it's okay as long as they're dirty little brown kids across the planet that aren't christian, right?? You probably supported just about everything Bush did, because he PRETENDED to be one of you and said GOD told him starting wars for freedom was the right thing to do.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Reply to 27jd

Your name-calling, generalities and bias against religious is atrocious!
I happen to have posted numerous times here about Haliburton, Gaza, 'brown people' and the like!
I also have never put up pictures of fetuses or ranted and raved on the street against women!
I have protested against abortion but NO ONE had any graphic pictures or pictures at all!
Protesting is a Human RIGHT!
Your bitterness has certainly clouded your open-mindedness!

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Also, that nine year old rape victim will always have to live with her rape. That wasn't changed with the abortion, only now she has to live with the thought of dead babies, as well!
It's sad all around!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It's ignorant and pathetic to defend an un-born baby's life?

I bet you are glad that no one felt that way about you.

Abortion IS wrong, regardless of how you justify it. This guy sums up my feelings 100%

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I openly admit that I detest organized religion. It has been the cause, and more recently the cover for nearly all large scale violence and murder in this world. The blind followers are fanatics, while those who dress up and "lead" are quite often the most disgusting, immoral people there are, they just realized how to capitalize on how needy so many people are to follow the herd and how readily they will carry out WHATEVER disgusting and murderous acts are asked of them as long as they believe it's what "god" wants. And all it takes is to tell them. If the pope or whomever had decided back when to mandate abortions for whatever reasons they made up, you guys wouldn't be "pro-life" at all, this is a manufactured issue to keep your eyes on tadpole like organisms that have not yet formed into humans (again, not late term) and away from REAL clothed children with names that are murdered every day in the name of RELIGION all over the world. But it's cool cuz you are brainwashed to think it is.

Your comment about the 9 year old is utterly disgusting. To even suggest that a baby should have been made to have a baby after being raped, really makes you a monster in my book. And then to try and use emotional "now she has to think about rape AND dead babies" reasoning is also disgusting.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb
When I was young and ignorant I used to think abortion was wrong.

And then one day selling real estate a young 18 yo girl was living in a one room apt with a sink, toilet, and bed trying to support her infant after her parents kicked her out for getting pregnant. She was trying to live on the meager amount of money from the govt in those days.

So I will tell you what, Christians and pro lifers. You step up and pay this women $2000 a month, and give her lots of money for clothes for her kids when they get to school so they are well dressed like the other kids, and make sure she has lots of support, and a chance for education, and child sitting services, and lots of food, and I will consider it.

However, until the day you put your money where you mouth is, you best crawl back into your hole. And adoption is a cruel emotional torment for any woman, and it should never be inflicted on anyone without freedom of choice.

Basically what you want is to drive around in your 3-4 cars, live in your suburb home, woop it up until you are 40, and then turn some poor teenager into a baby maker. You want your cake and eat it too.

What did you tell thiose parents for kicking her out for being pregnant?

Are they like your parents were to teach you, that keeping up with the jones whose kids are well dressed is what the welfare state is all about or is this just what you think "Christians" should give and while were at it, I assume you are paying for this girls $2000 a month since you found this to be such deplorable a consequence that Christians should also pay up that amount. I'd sell three of my four cars and give you the money to help your friend but unlike ALL the other Christians in your small little world of caracatures you make of us as rich snooty judgers of immorality, I was never quite into that kind of persona and frankly, don't make the kind of money your Christians must make to be able to fit in your stereotype.

Ya know, I will say this however, that when you were younger, you seemed to be a helluva lot wiser than you are now.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Im so sick of anti-abortion supporters, how dare they judge ppl and the decisions they make in life. Who the hell are they, what gives them the right?? Most of them base it on religious beliefs, I'm sure good ol' Jesus was all about calling some poor young girl a whore and a slut when she needs emotianal support probally the most in her life. Protestors should put all that energy to something good, not hate speak and forcing thier personal beliefs down someones throat.

Although there have been many valid arguments for I must put in that I feel that it is the anger and 'hatred' being displayed by the 'religious' that destroys their argument. It is this also that I feel will ultimately destroy the religion. For those that are supposed to be like Jesus and God like it just amazes me how angry and hateful they can get. The number one reason I left the 'religion' and focused more on God.

It's sad that any life should be taken away. However, who am I to judge? Who am I to tell another that they cannot do what they feel is best for their own psyche and their own health and their own future?

Edit: *grammar

[edit on 27-3-2009 by dariousg]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

So.... if the fetus could fight back it'd be cool?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Angus123]

Is this all pro death people know how to do? Is find extreme consequences unrelated to anything else that has to do with this subject and assume because we don't agree with the murder of innocents that we think killing under other asinine conditions is all right?

The old Religion is the cause of all the wars and other human atrocities is a canard I would gladly prove wrong and that it was Countries where religion was NOT, where you will find the biggest genocides far exceeding any number of those you can falsely accuse in the religion is evil examples. In fact Planned Parenthood's biggest most profitable product, is not birth control, but Birth arrest. They arrest the natural progression of a birth that is already in progress, and they do this in what is surely the largest genocide of a people whose only wrong was to be in the most unsafe most dangerous place on the planet today,,

Their mothers womb

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Couldn't agree with you more. I like that just because you realized 'religion' is a sham, it doesn't mean you gave up on spirituality and belief in a deeper level of existence. If only everybody would have such an awakening, and realize time spent worshipping a false idol and listening to a mere man drone on, could be spent with family and ones relationship with "god" can be much deeper when it's personal and not packaged and manufactured for the purpose of mass control by men.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join