It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

1. Some pregnancies do result in unwanted sexual activity, such as rape or manipulative situations. So the sex is not always the woman's choice.

I said barring extenuating circumstances.

2. I'll pose to you the same question I asked Viral: Many anti-abortion people I know are conservatives who are against multiple forms of Welfare. Are you for Welfare? Are you for paying more for Welfare in taxes? The truth of the matter is all of these unwanted babies being born is going to cost a lot of money, they're going to end up in all kinds of foster care situations as well, and eventually we'll be paying for a good chunk of them who will be in and out of the prison system.
At the end of the day money isn't what is important though, raising a healthy human being is, but with without abortion millions more of unwanted children will be fighting against all the odds for a good life, and many will not succeed, many will not have the parental guidance they need to succeed. I ask anyone who is pro-life if they are willing to be a foster care parent for the rest of their lives. Are they willing to adopt? Are they willing to take any responsibility for the mass of unwanted children they wish to see brought into the world? If so then I believe your heart is in the right place, even if I disagree with you. If not, there’s no way your pro-life argument will ever gain any traction. It’s easy to say life is important and should be protected no matter what, what’s hard is showing that you actually believe this by supporting people’s lives once they get here.

Sure. It is far more preferable than the social darwinism alot advocate. And so long as I have enough to survive comfortably on I could care less, I am not greedy, talking about money.

And just to say, because the child is "unwanted" doesn't automatically equate "drain on society". Who knows how many Einsteins, Gandhis and Mozarts we may be losing, for no other reason than they are inconvient.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Sure. It is far more preferable than the social darwinism alot advocate. And so long as I have enough to survive comfortably on I could care less, I am not greedy, talking about money.

Do you take in any unwanted children now? Do you plan to in the future?

And just to say, because the child is "unwanted" doesn't automatically equate "drain on society". Who knows how many Einsteins, Gandhis and Mozarts we may be losing, for no other reason than they are inconvient.

You have to look at the statistics, look at what mainly happens to unwanted babies. And arguning that they could be the next Mozart is plain silly. They could be the next Hitler.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

And all wanted children will not be a help to the system.

Its called a generalization. Exceptions to almost everything. Do not take what people say SO LITERAL and read it in the context.

Now, as I said. If you think all of these unwanted babies life's are so precious, then go and adopt as many as you can while living on the edge.

Of course it is many of these parents choices to have unprotected sex. But guess what...THEY ARE IDIOTS. But in the end, I do not want to pay for these IDIOTS mistakes.

Many unwanted kids are more of a punishment brought on to parents rather than a gift. Yes it was a choice, but a punishment for bad decision making skills.

As I said in my other post, when poor people are punished, real tax payers pay the price.

You think LIFE is so grand? This is how I look at it.

We kill each other in wars.
Whatever we do is for our self-satisfaction.
I highly doubt you go and help out all the kids in foster homes.
Many foster children are depressed AND ARE A DRAIN ON SOCIETY.
I would kill anyone who threatens my well being on a drastic level.

This list could go on forever. Life is not a gift from god.

Read my signature. Am I two sided if I want to enforce your right to choose? If so, I plead guilty.

The only idea I am okay with others pushing on me is the right to choose. Maybe if you had that same ideology, we wouldn't live in such a world with people stuck up their own ***. LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY FRIGGIN WANT.

Now this could lead into another argument on whether or not a fetus can actually comprehend life itself. I do not think so.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Allow me to paint a picture since it seems to be needed.
1) Considering if the man walks away from the situation a life is not extinquished.
2) A woman knows full well the consequences for not taking precautions or only half butting it and the ramification of that. REGARDLESS of if the man sticks around or not. Or does abortions happen purely because the man walks away? The answer should be obvious.
3) On a personal note I have any use for a man that walks away from his responsibilities in this situation and even assert he isn't even really a man but just a boy. Just like I have no use for a woman that murders a life because it is inconvient when they know the natural result of such acts should certain precautions not be taken.
4) Poor attempt at using my own line again me.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What are you on about? You either are twisting or don't understand my argument. I'm saying both are responsible, not just the man or the woman, both. You seem to not see the full extent of that, if you do then I'm glad, but your own wording suggest something else.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Let people do what they friggin want you say? Are you willing to take that to the logical conclusion? Where if someone wanted to, say, walk up to you and shoot you in the head it should be fine? Or how about just torture and maim you horribly and leave you to fend for your own?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by skeptic1

I think that only one of those two have the ability to control the outcome of the other, without input from said entity. I believe that in MOST cases of abortion, the pregnancy could have been avoided.

and i agree!!! with one caveat, all men who believe this is wrong should have their b*lls removed by the government...oh wait...we can't do that because it's your body...right??...right???

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

As someone else said - if you go out and become a foster parent and give whatever child the love it deserves, then you truly want to make a difference. 99% of pro-life arguers would never dare do a thing.

Now, until you do that I will take your argument with no merit.

Even when you do that though, it is your choice and will not change my opinion on the matter. Hypocrisy is a double edged sword.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Let people do what they friggin want you say? Are you willing to take that to the logical conclusion? Where if someone wanted to, say, walk up to you and shoot you in the head it should be fine? Or how about just torture and maim you horribly and leave you to fend for your own?

You're ignoring several of FritosBBQTwist's good points, that counter many of yours, and just rambling about the more extreme things stated in their argument. And you even seem to be taking that out of context or taking it very, very literally.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ok, allow me to paint even further to see if your just trying to bait me or just honestly refusing to get it. If a boy wants a woman to get an abortion and the woman does not, does the child get aborted? If the boy walks away and the woman does not want to get abortion, does an just abortion magically happen?
There is a personal accountability issue here, one person cannot account for the actions of another and in the end what that person does is all up to them. They did the deed and jsut because the person they did it with is a degenerate does NOT exempt them from responsibility too.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

one person cannot account for the actions of another

The minute the man agrees to have sex with the woman he knows that an abortion is her choice. If he doesn't like it, then he should not be sleeping with her. The child is both of their responsability and the result of both of their actions. The only reason the woman gets the say in the abortion is because she is the one who has to carry it to term.

And I've already stated it is BOTH of their responsability, not just the womans, not just the mans, but both.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Once more, take my words out of context.

Excluding violence of course. Are you willing to logically read my words and think a bit before taking them so literal, or must I write a page long description just so you do not get lost?

Now, the argument is whether or not a fetus counts as a human.

Chicken egg to a chicken I say.

That doesn't even consider all of the cons of pro-life.

You want to talk about all of the potential Einsteisn we have lost? How about all of the "Einsteins" we could have saved? One of those orphans could have led a life of crime and ended up killing one of our present day geniuses! Enough with the if statements...your argument has no real weight and you will forever make logically impaired comparisons to try and influence, when as I stated before that most of the words you are typing have no real merit.

edit - You know what, once any and all taxes regarding orphanages/welfare regarding orphans are paid by those who are pro-life and not by the pro-choicers, I will support your cause 100%.

Now, I know you like taking my words literal, but I realize not all welfare regards unwanted children! I can send you a report if you need further explanation.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

*face palm*

Answer my questions please. Your attempt at dancing is noted.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

*face palm*

Answer my questions please.

I've answered all of them that are relevant, we both know abortions don't magically happen, I don't know why you go on those tangents and expect me to take them seriously. So far you have yet to answer mine:

You never replied to this:

You have to look at the statistics, look at what mainly happens to unwanted babies. And arguning that they could be the next Mozart is plain silly. They could be the next Hitler.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You have not. You have simply gone off on a rant about how it's a man's choice too. To which I asked my questions and you are now attempting to dance around.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You have not. You have simply gone off on a rant about how it's a man's choice too. To which I asked my questions and you are now attempting to dance around.

What questions? You mean when you asked if abortions happen magically? We both know abortions don't magically happen, I don't know why you go on those tangents and expect me to take them seriously. I responded to your argument and ignored the silly stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You have simply gone off on a rant about how it's a man's choice too

We’ve been discussing that it is the man’s responsibility too. Where have you been?

You have yet to respond to this:

And this: The minute the man agrees to have sex with the woman he knows that an abortion is her choice. If he doesn't like it, then he should not be sleeping with her. The child is both of their responsability and the result of both of their actions. The only reason the woman gets the say in the abortion is because she is the one who has to carry it to term.

And I've already stated it is BOTH of their responsability, not just the womans, not just the mans, but both.

And you have trouble responding to other posters within the context of their arguments.

Who's dancing here?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You have not answered and attempted to avoid the following:
1) If a boy wants a woman to get an abortion and the woman does not, does the child get aborted?
2) If the boy walks away and the woman does not want to get abortion, does an abortion just magically happen or should?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

How are these questions that we both know the answer to relevant to the discussion? Are you trying to prove that men have no responsibility because they don’t have a say in terminating a pregnancy?

I’ve already told you why they have a responsibility despite this and why they have no say in terminating a pregnancy.

Now kindly respond to that and our other discussion and stop dancing.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

*face palm again*
Strawman argument my friend, might want to look that logical fallacy up and try to understand it's gist. I have not stated a man has no responsiblity in the matter in fact have completely said the opposite I have said REPEATEDLY the ultimate choice is the woman's though as it is. If a boy walks away from his responsibility an abortion is not the natural outcome. He is perhaps an acessory to the act but is not the act's instagator as the woman is NOT required to have an abortion because he was a spineless waste. A woman gets an abortion, now, an abortion happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join