It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 325
<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Tentative story board for the upcoming deity fight:

Them:

Us:

edit on 2012/3/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Let's hope Mut stops Dread and Hang Knot before it gets to the dog shootin' part.

Just in case Mut doesn't time it right:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Slowly but surely we're getting back to Ship. It's just gonna take another post or two. I hope not two. The suspense over Toby's killing me.

Love the pics Neno!+

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi... (cough embarrassingly)... I er, I made the bad men go away and
I hope you didn't mind. Whether it's about protecting the meek from the
brutes in this world, or whether I've just read too much of Neno's work...
I dunno, but I thought it just migh make it easier by clearing the way for
Silo and the kid (don't forget the dog!) to go and start again on The Yydryl

Please forgive me if I ruined anything

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Poetry in motion. The background music in combination with the scene playing out reminded me of one of Willem Dafoe's scenes in "Boondock Saints".

As I was overheard to say once when a couple of bugs hit my windscreen - "I bet they won't have the guts to try that again!"

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Thank you... I just saw it as 'cleaning of the boards' and a remark of
'tut-tut' of some of Neno's ways of tackling badmen for those among
of us that are pre-teen readers!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

OH! I can't wait to go read it!

So, now that we're almost back aboard (or are aboard the Yydryl)...

WHERE WE HEADED NOW?

We going to have a common goal this time?

EDIT TO ADD:
Despite the fact Pip and Silo will be marred for life from the scenes of gore and possibly have to deal with PTSD for years to come?

I LOVED IT!!!

Now let's get them on the Tumbler (along with the four horses, mule, pigs and milk cow) and get them HOME!

Great post.

edit on 21-3-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

... Now let's get them on the Tumbler (along with the four horses, mule, pigs and milk cow) and get them HOME!

Your wish -as they say, is my command.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Is that the Trrinity bomb test in the background of your avatar? nice touch!

Ah JAY-ZEUS! neno has to get into Muckles'... ummm... robes? Oh the HORROR of it all - but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

We also have our key for the lock on the other side of the trap door - the Splitter. He came up out of the cavern, he can go back down and unlock it so that the rest can pile in!

edit on 2012/3/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I am speechless.
Bravo, guys and gal. BRAVO.

I laughed, I cried....it became a part of me.

Would you like me to bugger off while you get everyone back to ship?

Wow......
I'll take your lead and/or suggestions.
hugs around...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

"Boondock Saints".

YEAH. Same here! It was Boondock Saints!

Again...guys. I bow to you. On bended knee. Knees.
Fab.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Would you like me to bugger off while you get everyone back to ship?

Uh, well, umm... in a word, NO. You're a writer - that's what you DO!

I'm lagging behind to see what pops out of Muckles' ... robes.... I just had to pop that short bit in to get my dig on "when there's hell to be paid, delivery will be made" blurb in there.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

DON'T GO ANYWHERE!!!

I agree with Neno... do your stuff!

Edit:
The avatar -BIAD tells me, is taken from a poloroid he had shot
when he visited the end of our planet, he apologised for his 're-dressing'
during the shot.
edit on 22-3-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I did it!! I tied up a bunch of loose strings, guys!

Can't wait to hear what ya think. Brittle is back, and I believe he's gonna be going back to the Yydryl with our friends. Meanwhile, he's staying out of sight. Sslar has emerged from the tunnel, solving the entry problem. and the parties below ground know that Neno is coming, and so is Biad.

Tibbs and Muckles are guarding the splitter, with Sslar. The thing Muckles has is the crystal key (which was in Fiona's possession when Sslar killed Fiona. I don't know how it magically transferred to Muckles, but it did. She's a witch, and Fiona was a fae. We can just assume they are able to do these things, I don't know that we need a big treatise on HOW.
They just can, m-mkaay?

It was fun. Thanks for the set-up, hope ya don't mind my talking for neno and BIAD and acting for the others as well...
(sheesh, the audacity of that girl! Thinks she can just show up late, pop in, do a little typing...)

Are we still doing the index?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

HELL ON WHEELS -coming to the UK... just reprorted on Sky News!

Story ongoing... back soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

There has only been one season so far, so it ought to be fairly easy to get caught up. Season2 starts here in the fall.

I read in another thread that you folks in the UK have to pay something like 150 quid per year to watch TV as a "licensing fee" or some such. According to that thread, the way around that is to not watch it as it airs, but to watch it later from a recording instead. I'm not sure how that works - it's an alien concept to me. Seems like you'd have to pay the same fee to record it, but I don't know. Anyhow, the entire first season is available on the internet If you want to get a little ahead.

I'm not sure how the export thing works from here to there. There's a program called "Being Human" that evidently originated over there, which we have here. I watched a couple of the UK episodes, and they are the same basic premise as the US series, but with different actors and a different story line. Different actors play the same characters in the same plot but a slightly different story line. The UK series is one season ahead of the US series.

Are you getting the same hell on Wheels we have here, or is it to be a British version of the same thing?

Now if you all get "The Walking Dead" and "Justified", you can become a naturalized hillbilly!

I've been working on the neno character and re-building Sslar in Daz. Had to recreate Sslar because I couldn't find the old files to build her in.

Here's the new one:

Heavier forequarters, longer legs, and slightly different ears. Otherwise pretty much the same. I was working on an image of her and neno together to show relative sizes, but gummed up my hard drive and crashed the program. I'm trying to figure out where all the hard drive space went now, without much luck so far. I'll probably have to get another program to dynamite out the useless chunks of data, and Daz 4 is being a pain anyhow, not wanting me to be able to get to some of the files I need to create that Sslar-neno image..

Ain't NOTHING gets me fired up at 06:00 like a grouchy, recalcitrant computer that I'm challenged to bend to my will! I know you'd never suspect it of me, but a challenge will make me bow up and growl every time. It's like I don't have a reverse gear or something! Who'd'a thunk it?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Nice pic... she's getting meaner-and-meaner!

...something like 150 quid per year to watch TV as a "licensing fee" or some such

Yep, we pay a ridiculous amount of money to the Government -so that the BBC doesn't
suffer because of no advertising!!
One guy built a TV that could only pick up Sky and the such, the device couldn't pick up
any terrestrial-channels and yet, the court deemed that he had to pay for a licence because
his TV used UK air-space.
It's odd though, French-viewers can receive BBC frequencies across the North Sea and don't
pay for the opportunity!
It's just another money-making scam from the rich to the poor... You'll probably find that
The Houses Of Parliment DON'T pay for a licence!

Anyway, after having a 'window-tax' I suppose anything is possible!
Onwards.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Now if you all get "The Walking Dead" and "Justified", you can become a naturalized hillbilly!

Don't forget the prerequisite: "Breaking Bad" ....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Will I have to purchase a banjo and use the word 'purdy'?

The idea of being a hill-billy is favourable than becoming one
of the 'city-folk' that race from place-to-place and wouldn't know
a decent cup of coffee -if it sneaked up and bit 'em on the...

Back soon!!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Nah, I gotta fiddle ye can borry....
trust me, the country way is the way to go....

new topics

top topics

<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join