It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 322
<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As near as I can figure it, she's not "neno's Margot" but rather a cyborg of a clone of neno's Margot. A separate Being, but with the same DNA basis.

See, we have neno's ghost-Margot in the aether, and we have Margo in the mechanical flesh. They can't be sharing the same souls, spirit, whatever you want to call that insubstantial substance that makes us US - individuals, one of a kinds.

Maybe the easiest way to think of them is as identical twin sisters, born a couple of centuries apart, sharing the exact same DNA, but with different souls, one being deceased, disembodied, and the other being live, with a body which is mostly machinery, but with whatever it is that made her an individual when she was entirely organic transferred to the mostly mechanical and nearly indestructable "her" that is now.

Mechanical Margo has the original identity or "id" of organic Margo, transferred to a mostly mechanical body, and the organic parts from the original Margo are "twin" to neno's Margot, but not the same individual.

They are no more the same person than twins are - but no less, either.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

But just how...cyborg...is she?
Can she reproduce would be the first question most would ask - we know she can do the 'dirty' already.

???

Added note to everyone? I feel a pretty harsh conflict coming between Carpet and Silo. I think he's might even go rouge.

peace

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
LOL!!
What fun....see how we are?
A team, sitting around a cyber-table, tossing out ideas and coming up with gold....
we might even have a shot at getting this thing produced, guys!

Great crew; I'm so delighted to have been auditioned and hired!

'Special bread', you say?? Hmm...yum in advance. I think.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

But just how...cyborg...is she?
Can she reproduce would be the first question most would ask - we know she can do the 'dirty' already.

???

Nope, can't reproduce without a trip to the electronics store and a tool kit to build a new "progeny". "Bumpin' uglies" Doesn't seem to be a problem in view of her mode of survival in the Badlands, but it won't result in biological rugrats... however, it might be interesting to build one with a built-in tricycle!

Added note to everyone? I feel a pretty harsh conflict coming between Carpet and Silo. I think he's might even go rouge.

peace

Hang him over a fence and beat him with a stick until the dust stops flying....

edit on 2012/3/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

'Special bread', you say?? Hmm...yum in advance. I think.

I'm hoping for sourdough.....

NOTE: This was originally a double post - stuff happens - but I found something else to drop in besides -

"Double post - stuff happens

Second line."

edit on 2012/3/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Eeeh Bless him, I caught BIAD singing to himself as he took his annual
bath, his voice strong and with conviction.
Even though it's someone else's song, I'd swear he was warbling about himself
and Neno!

The Time Song...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

It seems appropriate -

"The Masters hung me in the spring of '25

But I am still alive... "

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I know I keep dropping in 'side-stories' but I couldn't resist bringing the
three Tumblers closer together. Mr. Jordan will merely skirt around the
tale, the Committee would not let me in on their plans!

BIAD came up with the Witchfinder-clothes idea

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Now Carpet is having "ownership issues" regarding people? Not just any 'people', but regarding neno's MA?

Neno may have to explain the remedy for dirty rugs to Carpet yet - the "drape 'em over a fence and beat 'em with a stick until the dust stops flyin'" solution.

It's a 3 day trip to Gert's cabin, which they ought to be getting near the end of. Considering that Pandora has up and got herself trapped under a log, will BIAD recognize her, or is her disguise too complete? Since we have two "nenos" in the party at the moment (the third being busy at the mo, threatening Silo with ownership like any common slaver), how confused is Pandora going to be if, say for instance one neno lifts the log with a sapling and some good old Archimedian leverage, and the other drags her out from under it? How is she going to know which to coo "My hero!" to?

What if she ends up hitting on Chumley instead of neno? I know what the real neno would say - he'd growl "Peel yersel' offa me, woman! You don' know me that well, an' iffen I'd've wanted a girly, I'd've bought one fair and square in the Badlands!" - which comment is sure to piss of both Pandora and Margo - and maybe that gaggle of yaller-haired gals. too!

He's sometimes not overly long on tact or discernment...

What will Margo do in that case? Who will she be more ticked off at - neno for being dense and tactless, or Pandora for being a "claim jumper" against a claim she's already staked out?

What, on the other hand, would Chumley say or do if Pandora picked the wrong neno to fling herself at?

How will Margo react to THAT?

Decisions, decisions....

I've lost track of who belongs with which Tumbler. but I'm banking on Chumley having some sort of homing gizmo to find "his" Tumbler with so that they can find them at all, with all the moves the Tumblers have made.

edit on 2012/3/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Margo might end up wanting to stay and raise Pip. She's kinda into the 'motherhood' thing since you told her about her and your boy - well, her's kinda.

Carpet's had a 'thing' for Silo for ages. He 'owned her' right at the beginning. What he doesn't know is she doesn't know it. And when she does know it? She won't put up with it. Unless she changes her mind. Which I doubt she will.

Anyway! LOL!

Out of my 34 baby bunnies I'm finding most are female. That means my male is a keeper as we all know it's the male who determines the sex. Anyway. Why am I bringing it up? Anyone want a female baby bunny? LOL! They're 'eattin' size and I can't whack the girls!

OH! And another thing! Carpet knows in his gut Silo is 'off' on him. What if it's Carpet who runs into Pandora first? His (almost) male-ego will just LOVE that! Poor Pandora, wouldn't that just fix her.

hugs around

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would like a bunny, please!

Hey, guys, Adam and company have arrived at the cave...and much to my surprise, there's been a turn of events!
Hope you all enjoy it....

Now... where's Brittle?
And what about the crystal key?
What did Ben do with Fiona's corpse? Uh oh.

I'll check back soon!
hugs to all!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Margo might end up wanting to stay and raise Pip. She's kinda into the 'motherhood' thing since you told her about her and your boy - well, her's kinda.

I dunno - she seems to have grown weary of the whole "stranded out back of beyond on Earth" thing, but time will tell.

Carpet's had a 'thing' for Silo for ages. He 'owned her' right at the beginning. What he doesn't know is she doesn't know it. And when she does know it? She won't put up with it. Unless she changes her mind. Which I doubt she will.

well won't THAT get exciting?

Out of my 34 baby bunnies I'm finding most are female. That means my male is a keeper as we all know it's the male who determines the sex. Anyway. Why am I bringing it up? Anyone want a female baby bunny? LOL! They're 'eattin' size and I can't whack the girls!

I can't have one. If I even mention "bunnies" and "eatin' size" in the same sentence, my daughter will cry, and then beat me to death in my sleep.

OH! And another thing! Carpet knows in his gut Silo is 'off' on him. What if it's Carpet who runs into Pandora first? His (almost) male-ego will just LOVE that! Poor Pandora, wouldn't that just fix her.

hugs around

If he's with Silo, it's not likely that he will encounter Pandora before the rest, since he is 3 days away, and they are right there on the scene.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If he's with Silo, it's not likely that he will encounter Pandora before the rest, since he is 3 days away, and they are right there on the scene.

Ahhhh, but a day ago he left Silo in a snit. Meaning he's in a snit not her. And he was ridding very fast. Yes, very fast in the direction of the 'others'... Extremely fast in fact.

Just sayin...

*Back to the story to see what I missed...*

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Oh my.

it appears that it was Fiona who was the one that didn't know Who the Caliburn belonged to!

I wonder if Ben's manhandling of The Splitter may not come back and bite him in the posterior?

Favorite line: "Found her," said Adam.

No exclamation point, no nothing. I imagined the line being delivered deadpan....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Thanks.

Yeah....found her....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I left BIAD with the girls and the wagon in my last couple of posts, because I wasn't sure whether he would recognize Pandora or not, and possibly bring on an entirely different outcome to the scene at hand.

The ball's in your court now, BIAD - grab it an' growl!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I stuck in a post that just rolled from my fingers this morning after reading your last one. I don't think it will interrupt anything BIAD is planning in the least.

*Waiting now on BIAD*!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ain't it just true that the harder you try to make a straight face, the harder it gets and the harder the laughing busts out? ROFLMAO!

That was hilarious! I could see it in my mind - Brooks should've put it in Blazing Saddles!

‘What? You’re not going to help me up too?’ The stranger lay there with her hand in the air looking incredulous.

‘No mam, don’t think I will.’ Neno bust out laughing anew and started walking the gelding.

He'd done helped her twice - what the hell did she want? She was able to get her own self up this time - 'tweren't nothing pinning her, man nor log, now - more help would've cost a quarter! Besides, she ain't got enough clothes on just to grab sumpin' and lift like he did with Carpet!

ROFLMAO!

ETA: Your post flung another of those "spur if the instant" posts into my head, and I had to get it in there. We're getting behind in the index thread agains - short on entries for:

1) wildtimes post

2) nenothtu post X2

3)Silo13 post

4) neno post redeux.

edit on 2012/3/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
PHEW!!
I thought I'd screwed up Neno's previous posting on the Epic (I hadn't checked due
to clacking the keys!)... but I think it sorta works out.

Let's gettem off the planet and onto another quest, huh?!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

There's another rescue to be done first - Adam has locked himself in the bathroom and won't come out!

What's more, he's taken hostages - he's got Dag, Ben, Sslar, and a couple of the 'droids in there with him!

Oh - and we need to get Muckles and Tibbs on the scene.

edit on 2012/3/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join