It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 320
<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

'undisciplined'...! we couldn't organise a drinking-bout in a Brewery!!

Yeah, but it's not our fault really.... No cell phones or nifty transponders with headsets.

And we don't seem to eat or sleep much, either. No wonder we're so chaos-oriented!

I'll look forward to Tibbs' next directives. Is someone going to crash the party in the cave where the Splitter and Ben and Dag and Gert are? I gave Adam an "in" to do that, but don't know if he'll be brave enough to do it.
Pandora should be emerging into Gert's hut from the trapdoor any moment.
Where is neno? And neno and neno?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah, no sleep... no slipping away to the bathroom and washing of
clothes... a right-bag of raggamuffins!
I did muse on the idea of when all were bedded down and making 'Z's,
that we all took part in a dream where the Crew were on a movie set and
took the parts of Director, cast and back-room boys.

BIAD asked for 'Best Boy'... but he would, wouldn't he?!

Pandora should be emerging into Gert's hut from the trapdoor any moment.
Where is neno? And neno and neno?

Pandora will be at her best to make the tall Gunslinger fall for her amorous
wiles... will he end up leaning on a fence, his hands under his chin and huge
hearts where his eyes should be?!!
edit on 3-3-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

And we don't seem to eat or sleep much, either. No wonder we're so chaos-oriented!

Eat? Sleep? What are those? I think I'll Google them and find out what it is I'm missing out on!

As I recall, and this probably ought to be double checked, but I think neno tucked the Green Man back into Silo's rucksack after he used it to identify the bag. I can't recall if it was on the horse that got away or not, but if it was it's a fair bet thet it is wherever the Caliburn is, since they were both on the horse - I think...

I've been kicking bar stools, wrestling with Foreign Intelligence Service Assets (FISAs), patrolling my lonely compound fence, re-reading a series by Dean Ing that I read years ago (the Quantrill Trilogy - "Systemic Shock", "Single Combat" and "Wild Country"), plotting my takeover of the world, and watching old reruns of "The Monkeys" to remind myself that the world was not always this crap sandwich it's become today, and was once a vastly different place.

Other than that. I ain't been doing much...

Oh yeah - I've also been rolling an idea around in my head to get the gang from "here" to "there", and will post something once I've got the corners knocked off of it unless it takes a different turn in the interim. The major holdup is who's going back to Yydryl among the NPCs. who's staying, why, etc. Since Yydryl is a big ship, and seems to have a mostly automated crew, there might be places aboard somewhere for some of them.

It would also help in the development of some conflict in the upcoming scenes if Margo decided to un-strand herself from Earth and come along. I could see her taking exception to Pandora's current plan (women are a lot better at sussing out the machinations of other women than men are). Mac's Girls might push that conflict further, and there's not much left for them in the ashes of MacAllisterburg - unless they want to rebuild.

In the matter of Pandora, I can just about hear neno saying something like "Who the hell are you, and why are you standing round here naked? No, yer skivvies don't count as 'dressed'. No, HELL no, I don't need a sweetheart - if I did, I'd have bought one back in Hobbs' End." Now, the question is, would that cause Pandora to turn up the heat, or stomp off in a huff?

Pip is all alone now, and probably ought to come along for his own safety, but he's got the farm to think about, too, so will he stay or go?

The horses rescued from the burning stable - there are 16 of them, and if I could find a way to get them to Ship's Center, they'd make a fine seed herd for a bunch of mustangs running through the Center, and might possible come in handy later.

edit on 2012/3/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I think neno tucked the Green Man back into Silo's rucksack after he used it to identify the bag. I can't recall if it was on the horse that got away or not, but if it was it's a fair bet thet it is wherever the Caliburn is, since they were both on the horse - I think...

Well, if that's the case, then Ben's (which was Brittle's) horse has it....and the horses are now in Home-Town. Ben and Dag went through the gypsy/jewelry shop, through the trapdoor that Dag and Brittle had first been taken down by the fairies Bridget and Bella; grabbed the jewels and went into the tunnel and then to the cave.
The sword was dropped and picked up by Sslar and is now at Gert's hut, in the lap of Adam.

It will be very interesting to see what Pandora does with Adam and Neno (provided he shows up with the girls in tow);
I had a spark of inspiration this afternoon regarding that, but it fled before I could flesh it out. :down:
I sometimes feel like I suck as a writer.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Once I find (yes I'm still looking) where the Green Man is - Silo's going after it. I HOPE it's still in that cave. She'll stay with Pip at the farm for now - and - if the 'yeller haired girls' want to stay they're welcome - though I've a feeling they want to go back to Ship. They've been 'stuck' on earth for too long. *Back to Looking*

Edit to Add: I've the feeling Pip is going to stay. It will give reference if we ever have to 'go back' - or at least leave something open for further story at a later date.
edit on 4-3-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Houston, we have a paradox.

The last references to the location of the Green Man are as follows:

1) Chumley-neno and Carpet-neno picked it up with the backpack from the cave, and brought it with them in this post by Silo. Presumably, then, it was returned to Silo on departure from the burning town, and Silo has it.

2) Pandora used a "green man medallion" in some fashion to "kill an immortal" when she shot BIAD in this post by BIAD.

Different Green Men? Silo has it? BIAD has it? It's laying in the street in the smoking ruins of the town? You can pretty much take it any direction you want, since those are the last location references for it. Further references mention it, but don't actually list any location for it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

"The Green Man broach that you took from the Sprint Flyer during your time with your brother
and that stunted idiot called Tibbs"

I was hoping nobody checked that far back and looked to see if it was
mentioned! I was referring to when Death showed up as Keifer Sutherland
-Ace Merrill on the Sprint Flyer.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
West Liberty, Kentucky is in the same general vicinity as MacAllisterburg / Hobbs End. It's a few miles northwest of the river junction where the Space Opera town sat.

===================================================

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I was hoping nobody checked that far back and looked to see if it was
mentioned! I was referring to when Death showed up as Keifer Sutherland
-Ace Merrill on the Sprint Flyer.

The last time I could recall it was when Sslar found the rucksack in the cave and dragged it out, so I started with that post and worked my way forward, using the "find" function of my browser to search each web page for "Green Man". I had forgotten that it factored in to Pandora's shooting of BIAD. There is always potential that it may have been a different medallion, or that Pandora meant something else, some other way of it being used than as the actual projectile - maybe as a "power source" or something of the like.

Note: Silo's idea of an Index Thread came in mighty handy in locating that start post for the search.

edit on 2012/3/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Thanks for finding the info - I was only a brain cramp and a CTRL/F away.

BIAD I'll post something between Chumley and Carpet - something about one of them loosing the satchel. This opens up what I was looking for anyway so it's all good. I'm sure at some point you can explain back how you and/or Pandora got it later. UNLESS it's ANOTHER 'Green Man'... If it is please drop me a note when you have a chance.

Happy Sunday All!

peace

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm sure at some point you can explain back how you and/or Pandora got it later.
UNLESS it's ANOTHER 'Green Man'... If it is please drop me a note when you have a chance.

Let's just make it 'another' Green Man... I'll comment on it during one of my posts.
Don't worry... I'll make it so that it becomes an easy explanation!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Ok, another Green Man - which gets interesting in my opinion. You never know when those things are going to work together!

Thanks!
Good Monday to you!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo, you made me LOL three times with that post!

So good to see you're feeling better!
Ahhhh..."shooing him away"...and his retort.....
And Chumley's discomfort "he had to fart."
Priceless.
And now Carpet has an admirer!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
All rightie, gang!
We're in motion again!!

Adam and Sslar and the droids have just been discovered at Gert's hut by Charon and Pandora, who have arrived for the seduction of Neno. They suggest he give them the Caliburn, which he refuses to do. Pandora tells him Dag is where she came from, down the passage. Adam buys this, and descends into the passage without them trying to stop him. He has Skinny latch the trapdoor from the passage side (which fact I think is going to cause some trouble for the top-side group.

Now it's just time to wait for Neno to get to Gert's hut.....
and let the seduction scene begin!

Adam will be joining Dag and Ben very soon....
Now we have to get Brittle straightened out....for their face-off.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Sadly I think we're going to see a very ugly scene between Skinny, Squibbs and Ship if/when they ever try to return to Ship. They deserted their post on an explicit mission to find Silo and the Green Man. That's going to be a huge OUCH. Maybe I will have Silo and Pip stay behind - at least Squibbs and Skinny will have someplace to stay with at Pip's ranch.

And glad you got a chuckle. I'm dead tired most of the time but feeling better so I'll not complain about that!

And thank you so much for updating my post on the Index Thread - I went back and it was already done! SO very kind of you!!! Thanks tons.

*hugs*

edit on 6-3-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

reply to post by silo13

Silo, you made me LOL three times with that post!

So good to see you're feeling better!
Ahhhh..."shooing him away"...and his retort.....
And Chumley's discomfort "he had to fart."
Priceless.
And now Carpet has an admirer!

I thought it was great, too. Took me back a ways in parts. It's been roughly a million years since I was around any horses, and neno feeding the cigar to his horse instantly reminded me of me feeding chewing tobacco to mine. He purely loved the molasses in the chewing tobacco, and it, uh, kept the worms at bay.... I used to feed him out of my hand all the time, whether sugar cubes, tobacco, or just a handful of molasses laden grain. He never bit me but once, and that was on the shoulder blade, not the hand. It was a pretty unpleasant experience for the both of us, but we reached an understanding - if he didn't bite me, I wouldn't react by flying crazy and going into a replay of "Blazing Saddles". It worked for us...

Carpet's admirer... Jeni... that was my first wife's name...

Great post!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Yeah, I was going to add in the info about tobacco being a worming agent but thought it was too much info for Neno.
But the 'no hand feeding' Silo could have learned from Pip/Gep.

I have a feeling Carpet and Silo are going to have a big falling out.
Chumley just wants OFF earth.
Skinny and Squibbs are in big trouble...

What else? Dunno. Just thinking aloud.

Oh yeah I know! Time to go back and find out WHERE the Tumblers are and who's left in them!

Hmmm...
Jeni huh? Wow. Yes, you've mentioned that but I sure wasn't thinking of it when I posted her name. Poor you, a Jeni and a Margo!

peace

edit on 6-3-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BIAD & wildtimes

Ok, so from (beginning) on WildTimes post page 66 - Adam takes TIII (Cecelia), Squibbs and Skinny leaving TI and TII (A female Tumbler names Mut) back where they were waiting in 'cloaking' mode.

I take it the Service Droid Corky Bunion and Drake are with Tumbler I and TII (Mut). I didn't catch what droid was with what Tumbler - but these two Tumblers are waiting to take whoever's going back to Ship.

Is that it pretty much? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Corky Bunion and Drake are in TIII (Cecelia) and I think your correct about their
location... I think!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Correct! Ship came back online to Cecilia, and ordered Adam to go to the hut (find the source of the bell). Adam took Squibbs and Skinny rather than Corky and Drake, because he trusts them more. Corky and Drake came from Ship in Cecilia with Adam, and have been bumbling so far.

They stayed behind with the TI and TII, to rescue whoever got to them.

Hugs!

Yeah, always fed my horses treats out of my hand, never got bitten.

edit on 6-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by silo13

Correct! Ship came back online to Cecilia, and ordered Adam to go to the hut (find the source of the bell). Adam took Squibbs and Skinny rather than Corky and Drake, because he trusts them more. Corky and Drake came from Ship in Cecilia with Adam, and have been bumbling so far.

They stayed behind with the TI and TII, to rescue whoever got to them.

Hugs!

Yeah, always fed my horses treats out of my hand, never got bitten.

edit on 6-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

To be fair, I wasn't feeding Teddy when he bit me - I was mucking out a stall, and he saw an ideal opportunity for some rough housing. Took me by surprise when my back was turned, got me right on the edge of my left shoulder blade. I had on a field jacket and a liner at the time, so it wasn't a biggie, it just startled me.

Since Silo and Pip are staying behind, I'm thinking about sending some 'droids to help with the chores for the duration, and to take the horses back (make Pip rich - give him a start with 16 horses), and to deliver some sort of communication device so Silo can keep in touch. Neno, of course, wouldn't know it was a one-way trip, and that Silo isn't coming back, until the communication device had arrived there.

I'm presuming that we are now on the way to retrieve the tumblers. Since the mission was a rescue, Ship is going to be in a quandary if neno refuses to go to, since he has People still in need of retrieval, but that's just what he'll do. What's Ship going to do if no one but the rescue crew agrees to come back? Will she snatch the tumbles back, or keep them on loan until the crew is reassembled? They'd make it a lot easier and quicker getting back to Gert's cabin.

Silo - no, I've never mentioned Jenny's name before - that purely came out of the Writer's Aether!

new topics

top topics

<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join