It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 321
<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That Jeni thing really is amazing - of all the names of all the girls...

I'm not sure Silo's not going back yet. She's making noises like it... But on the other hand if Pip can go and take the horses with him to the Center? Hard to say until I start writing and let them talk... For now let's say Silo is at least going to go back with Pip and find the Green Man and the book... From there? Who knows!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'll operate on the assumption that neno doesn't know whether she's going back or not, but has suspicions based upon her actions. that suspicion is why he'll send the horse back to the farm, along with a farm hand in robotic form, and a communication device so she can phone home if she needs to.

What is Ship likely to do in the event that it looks like the rescue mission has failed, without a pickup? Will she bring the tumblers home, or leave them on loan to neno until it's all decided?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To better visualize Margo, I ran down a few screen captures of Christina Hendricks (the girl in the cyborg-gets-stranded video) in her role of "Saffron" in "Firefly".

First, Ambushing Malcolm Reynolds in the episode "Our Mrs. Reynolds":

This is where he says "Ohhh... I'm going to that special hell!", not realizing that he's going to be lights out in just a few seconds.

Next, entering the bridge to hijack the boat:

Conflict resolution the Saffron way:

When firearms diplomacy fails:

When it doesn't:

The last 3 are from the Firefly episode "Trash".

So that's what Margo looks like in my head, and she appears to be fairly handy with a gun, too!

edit on 2012/3/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Stay away from those feet! She's got a kick to her! OUCH!
Nice seeing a chickie with a little meat on her bones for once too.
I'm looking forward to seeing the 'new' Margo(t)'s character developed - especially when Penelope trys to horn in (no pun intended) between Neno and Margo.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Obee kaybee, guys, looks good!
My, we did all have a little schlump there, didn't we....
Such an undisciplined crew of writers

Can someone remind me why the sword is a big deal? I'm thinking the crystal key that Fiona used about umpteen weeks back is also important, as well as Gia's jewels, and perhaps the Raven Mocker's amulet (although it might just have been his "homing device" for finding his intended prey, which was BrittleLancelot).

Shall we bring Brittle back into the picture? We can have him arrive at Fairy Stone Park, and maybe one of those Native American deities will show up and help him into the portal there, and thence to the Cave of Enchantments where Gert and the Splitter have Dag and Ben, and soon Adam, Sslar and the droids. The trap door in the hut is locked from the outside (not a huge deal for a Neo with a pistol, of course, but it could be an "Uh-oh, oh crap!" item).

Where are Tibbs and Muckymucks? Will Tibbs thwart the Splitter somehow? The Splitter right now has the jewels he grabbed from Dag. Adam's about to arrive with the sword....
ideas?
edit on 7-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
We have an interesting turn of events here - BIAD has seen Pandora before, and knows what she looks like. Neno hasn't, so he hasn't a clue about the creature trapped under the log.

Will BIAD warn him?

Will neno's horse shy away from her and warn him?

Will neno just say of his own volition "Got enough troubles already. That'n needs to tend to her own problems."

Will he jam a log under the log to get it off her legs, then just say "drag yerself out when'er you can. We're movin' too fast to tote ye." and just walk on?

Will he extract her, then try to snap her neck when she goes after BIAD?

Will he extract her, then peel her off of himself saying "What the hell? You don' know me that well, lady!"

Are Margo's machinations equal to or superior to Pandora's?

And what about them yaller-haired gals?

Staying tuned, here...

edit on 2012/3/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Stay away from those feet! She's got a kick to her! OUCH!

I think some mule DNA got mixed in to the gizzy that made her what she is today!

She's not above throwin' a shoe in a chick-fight, either:

Nice seeing a chickie with a little meat on her bones for once too.

Neno likes 'em sturdy - they don't break as easy, and life is sometimes rough on his toys!

I'm looking forward to seeing the 'new' Margo(t)'s character developed - especially when Penelope trys to horn in (no pun intended) between Neno and Margo.

Neno hasn't a clue that there even IS a "neno and Margo(t)". It ought to get interesting!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Neno likes 'em sturdy - they don't break as easy,and life is sometimes rough on his toys!

This quote would make Margo(t) hot...if she heard it of course...

Maybe I should start writing for Margo(t) instead of your mother. *Fans self dramatically with a college ruled sheet a paper folded in inch by inch to resemble a fan of sorts...

That being said... I'm working on a post...my cough has returned and it's working on me.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Obee kaybee, guys, looks good!
My, we did all have a little schlump there, didn't we....
Such an undisciplined crew of writers

Yup - I'm crawling out from under a load of horse-pucky myself. Ain't quite there, but I just keep on crawling. The good thing is, once I'm out, I can turn around and shovel it for fertilizer!

Can someone remind me why the sword is a big deal?

I myself am not quite sure. Poor neno just found it at an opportune moment to slay a dragon, and decided to keep it on account of it can slay dragons. That's all he knows about it. The Otherfolk, of all varieties, seem pretty keen on getting it or retrieving it, but I know not why. It must have some other functions or qualities above and beyond slaying dragons, because let's face it, slaying dragons isn't an every day chore for most folks!

neno ain't gonna give it up without a fight, gal with a flashy paint job or not!

I'm thinking the crystal key that Fiona used about umpteen weeks back is also important, as well as Gia's jewels, and perhaps the Raven Mocker's amulet (although it might just have been his "homing device" for finding his intended prey, which was BrittleLancelot).

EVERYONE'S jewels are important!

There's the option that all those gadgets are just parts of a whole... something... that have been scattered on purpose. No telling what they might make if you got them all together in the same place! No telling who might have separated and scattered them, either, or why...

Shall we bring Brittle back into the picture? We can have him arrive at Fairy Stone Park, and maybe one of those Native American deities will show up and help him into the portal there, and thence to the Cave of Enchantments where Gert and the Splitter have Dag and Ben, and soon Adam, Sslar and the droids. The trap door in the hut is locked from the outside (not a huge deal for a Neo with a pistol, of course, but it could be an "Uh-oh, oh crap!" item).

That's up to you. Neno won't trust him or like him, and that might force a natural alliance between Adam and neno - especially in light of Adam's defense of the sword. Speaking of that, there is some reason the "deities" can't just TAKE the sword - if they could, they would have taken it from Adam - or tried. Some kind of "permission" thing must be involved there, like with vampires and thresholds.

Where are Tibbs and Muckymucks? Will Tibbs thwart the Splitter somehow? The Splitter right now has the jewels he grabbed from Dag. Adam's about to arrive with the sword....
ideas?
edit on 7-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

That strengthens the notion that all these "parts" make a whole "something", and the Splitter absconded with a part to keep the whole from all coming together...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Neno likes 'em sturdy - they don't break as easy,and life is sometimes rough on his toys!

This quote would make Margo(t) hot...if she heard it of course...

Probably good I didn't mention how he don't like "getting gouged by all then danged old bones and sharp edges on the scrawny-'uns", then!

Maybe I should start writing for Margo(t) instead of your mother. *Fans self dramatically with a college ruled sheet a paper folded in inch by inch to resemble a fan of sorts...

Since she was originally YOUR NPC, feel free!

That being said... I'm working on a post...my cough has returned and it's working on me.

If you've got access to honey and some wild cherry bark, I can probably scare up some moonshine somewhere to brew up some of that dandy cough syrup my granny always swore by... if you drank enough of it, you didn't care about the cough any more, so I reckon it worked!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Check out post 8 and 17 (from the top) on this page.

We NEED him on Saga II.

I'd like to see him up against Neno.

*Evil Grin*

peace
edit on 7-3-2012 by silo13 because: added 17

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Another scenario just popped into my mind for the way neno might handle the "girl under the log" trick...

Might he... might he... shoot her to put her out of her misery? After all, she might have a broken leg!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Can someone remind me why the sword is a big deal?

It's a symbol... really I suppose a symbol.
It's a facet of a whole that Nenothtu is the core part. Whether other
facets... (WE could even be a facet I guess!)... will be shown as the
GunMan unwillingly travels the road towards his destiny, we can only
wait and see.

It seems that with all these shenangins from 'the Otherside' it seems that
the Vithians have come to the conclusion that the majority of sentient Beings
require a leader, a guard in the night.
With Neno's difficult past and his simple way of looking at life -it looks like he
has been singled out to be 'the Big Guy'!

So The Caliburn/Excalibur/Siruis Flame or whatever it may be called, is a part
of him, it tracks him and finds him and shows up in the story as something that's
on it's way to somewhere... that somewhere is where we're travelling!

As said, if we're part of his journey, then what we go through, what we endure... could
be a learning curve that will assist in solidifying a grumpy U-Man into The King Of The
Universe.

'Nuff said' -Neno's words, not mine!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress & Neno

"You want to buy people?" neno asked, incredulous.

"Naw, just them yaller-haired gals ye've got there.

Ahhh this is what makes the Saga II worth it, lol.

And this!

"Don't fret your barge-pole my Darling..." Pandora cooed

I hope I get a chance to use that line for real someday. Probably have to go to Venice to do it - but - it would be worth it!

I'll get that post up and do a little explaining why Neno left Silo. Oh, was it on a good note or a bad one? Probably a mix huh?

Good Day All!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

"Don't fret your barge-pole my Darling..." Pandora cooed

I hope I get a chance to use that line for real someday. Probably have to go to Venice to do it - but - it would be worth it!

Up in them thar hills we have home made flat-bottomed boats That are "poled" across rivers - propelled by pushing against the river bottom with a long pole. Nary a Venetian in sight, but they don't have the romance of a gondola, either...

Actually, they DO look a lot like barges, but are a lot smaller.

Some places use "footlogs" for crossings. Some are synthetic, built of lumber, but some are real... logs, just cut down across a creek or river and have the branches trimmed off with an ax. It takes a fine bit of balance to walk one, but once you get used to it, you can practically run across one.

Actually, I always PREFERRED running. Less time on the log, and I operated on the theory that forward momentum would defy downward gravity just long enough to get me to the other side...

I taught my son to walk footlogs using a real log when he was about 6. I thought his ma was going to gnaw her fingernails off down to the elbows during the process.
I didn't understand her trepidation. the log was about 2 feet through, plenty of walkin' surface, and wasn't but about 6 or 8 feet above the creek, so it wasn't that far down.

Anyhow, whenever we all get together for that cookout, I'll show you how to pole a boat - as long as you don't call me Karen!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
*squeals*
Yay! A cook-out? And barge poling?
What fun!!
I'm glad I live on the same continent already....
BIAD and silo, start packing!

Up in them thar hills we have home made flat-bottomed boats That are "poled" across rivers - propelled by pushing against the river bottom with a long pole. Nary a Venetian in sight, but they don't have the romance of a gondola, either...

Actually, they DO look a lot like barges, but are a lot smaller.

Karen Neno, this is how the Fenmen got around also, in East Anglia....
in the bogs. Same idea, same sort of environment. Marshy. Watery.

edit on 8-3-2012 by wildtimes because: Woops, got the name wrong. Doh!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yep, I'll bake some 'special' bread and BIAD has promised to wear
the apron he keeps in his room and only puts on when everyone is asleep.

He has already told me how he likes his steaks...
"Saw it's horns off and wipe it's ass!'

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

"Saw it's horns off and wipe it's ass!'

If you don't use that phrase in the Saga soon someone will have tooo!

(And here I always called it 'black and blue')!!!

Can't wait to order a steak agin sometime.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Odd bit of synchronicity with the Space Opera:

There is a cartoon for big kids (I personally don't believe anyone under 30 should ever be allowed to watch it) called "Archer", about some kind of super secret spy along the lines of James Bond... well, ok, he's really a lot closer to Maxwell Smart from "Get Smart". Anyhow, this evening's episode involved a mad scientist - well, he didn't really look all that mad, and actually pointed out how "happy" he was a couple of times - who rebuilt Archer's dead wife (killed at the altar) as a cyborg.

Much hilarity ensued.

You know, those cyborg chicks leave the damndest body parts soaking in the bathroom sink! If I ever thought it was odd for granny to leave her dentures soaking in a glass of water, well, I suppose that was because I never really thought this cyborg thing all the way through... I won't give away any more of the episode, but it DID present mechanical potentials that I'd never really considered in a cyborg!

Notable quote: "In the SINK, Cyril! In the SINK! It was like a transistor radio and a veal cutlet had a baby!" - spoken as Archer is appropriating a 300 dollar bottle of liquor from Cyril and attempting to drink himself to oblivion.

Season 3, Episode 8, title: "Skin Game" for reference. Series title "Archer" or "Archer 2009" - I was never clear on which.

See, now I'm going to have to think this through better, and come up with an unexpected angle....

edit on 2012/3/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

"In the SINK, Cyril! In the SINK! It was like a transistor radio and a veal cutlet had a baby!"

OMG the visual, lol!
I'll have to look that up - the Archer thing.

Oh, and while I'm here? Margo was/is YOUR character, not mine, lol.
Though I suppose I did kinda resurrect her.
But is Margo really your Margot? I mean I did read about her past and all but is she really Margot?
*Still chuckling at the visual*
Good Friday to ya!

new topics

top topics

<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join