It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 324
<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Can someone tell me what happens with Adam, Squibs, Skinny and Sslar?

Cheers-Me-Dears.

Well, they are with Dag and Ben in the cave, and Gert is backed into a corner; the Splitter has been relieved of the jewels, and they have the Cailburn.

So....shall they just march out now? They can, if we just wanna get out of here.....I thought BIAD and neno would want to confront Pandora, and Gert also, for their lying to Dag and Adam about being Gert (The Lady of the Lake's) kids...
I was sorta thinkin' there was gonna be a deity-fight in the Cave, but I guess we've dropped that plan?

What happened to their grand scheme of wanting to join reality? Did we lose interest?
And here I have the Caliburn back, which was a key prop, I thought....
what do you WANT them to do?

We can have a deity fight in the cave - a battle in what appears to be shaping of as a running "war between the gods". I don't think we've lost interest, we're probably just going to change venues and continue the fight.

He who fights and runs away will live to fight another day...

Gert has some 'splainin' to do, but neno doesn't know what she's been up to since he left her cabin on apparently good terms - he's been off burning, looting, and pillaging in the Badlands.

He has no idea what he's going to run into at the Cabin.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

He has no idea what he's going to run into at the Cabin.

True enough that!
So...what do you think he's gonna run into?? Is he gonna go there?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

So...what do you think he's gonna run into?? Is he gonna go there?

He has to - that's where his ride home is parked!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If someone want's to send Mut back that would be great!

Beyond that? I have to admit the whole deity thing is just too above me. I really lost touch with that part of the thread due to confusion and being sick. I've tried to go back and re-read what you've all done with that part of the story but I'm just confused. I'm really sorry, it's not your writing at all, it's me. I don't do well with lots of new names, locations and mixing fantasy (from other story lines like Aurthur, etc) into new story lines. Those old stories and legends (Aurthur, Pandora, etc) are so deeply ingrained in my head and heart to have the characters 'some back alive' now with whole new scenarios just gives my brain a cramp.

I'm not complaining I'm just saying it's better I stay out of it than try to give my input and mess things all up.

Happy weekend all!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

And so, the enemy awaits... deep in the Earth and armed to the gills.
Oh Gosh... !

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Mut can come to you, I'll write-up a piece that will set it up if you want.
When Tumbler II gets's there, you can finish off... is that okay?

Nice to see you're okay, M'Lady!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

WHOA! That made little snakes or something crawl up my back and jump off of the top of my head... I wrote a short story once called "WARPAINT" that had that very sort of warpaint in it - same colors and all. Silo's read it - I wonder if it'll make her do a double-take?

Now, if these cats want to fight like mortals, then so be it.

Mortals hurt, and mortals bleed.

Now I wonder how this is gonna work out - who they'll attack, and where, and when...

And perhaps more importantly, who's coming up behind them? Bushwhacking is a bad business when there are folks around who might bushwhack the bushwhackers...

"Neno looked at the deity that seemed familiar, although he was sure he'd never seen this particular individual before. 'Glad to see you know how to secure those grenades to your web gear. A lotta newbies think it looks cool not to snap the safety straps, and them grenades fall off at the damndest times if they're not on there good and tight - but yours ARE good and tight. Safety first!' Without further fanfare, neno reached over and pulled the safety pins on the top two grenades and ran like hell, cackling like a turkey hen..."

heh, heh, heh....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I know what you mean, silo, I get confused with it all, too....
so,
having said that,
I will leave the big scene to the boys, I've managed to get Adam and Dag back in one place, which whole separation thing was my "bright idea" to begin with. As for the Caliburn, I've struggled with that as well....

Brittle, well, I liked him but he seems expendable, for now at least....but we could always beam him up to the Ship's center via the same portal Gert was in when Adam went into the Crystal Cave...on Ship.

I'm in over my head, too, and now that Ben and Sslar and the droids are there, I'd just as soon have them run the show. Adam's rather a follower than a leader, and Dag just wants out. The rest of 'em aren't even my characters.....
somehow I think Adam would just grab Dag's hand and run away. And keep running. Last he knew, Cecilia was outside, I imagine he'd want to get the hell out of there with Dag and back to ship.

Then again, Ben and Dag and Gert know that he and she were both lied to. (my idea again...or rather, my flub)...he doesn't. Yet.

Not your writing guys, like silo said, but yeah, it's kinda out of my realm too.
Can't wait to see what happens! Just remember, the trap door is locked from the inside...

and on to the next venue. Whew!!

edit on 17-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

There you go... Mut is winging his way to the ranch.
We'll (ceratinly BIAD and myself!) will wait with nibbled-fingernails!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I wrote a short story once called "WARPAINT" that had that very sort of warpaint in it -
same colors and all. Silo's read it - I wonder if it'll make her do a double-take?

Well, the weather is clear over the Atlantic, so the frequency must be available again!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Great News! I'm looking forward to it!

*rubs hands together in glee*

It will be great to be back interacting with BIAD again.

By the way did he get the corned beef I sent him for St. P's Day?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

He did... and then asked what the plant that made the
beef look like! I used all the correct words but sadly, he
seemed to never understand that the Fray Bentos tin held
actual meat.
Jenovah love him, he ate the opening-key and has the tin on
his little alter-thing in his room.

I'm not allowed to talk about that!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Dude, !!! Those are fabulous posts!!
I totally and completely apologize for trying to "play" the deities...you are so all over this mythology stuff....
love it!!!!
I knew you two guys could take this and run with it!!
I'm mesmerized......

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You never have to apologise WT, this damn story has a mind of
it's own anyway... we're just the key-pushers!

Now to get Adam and Dag (and the droids) out of the mire!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have no idea where those posts came from. I don't I tell ya.

Those dirty rotten scoundrels have been tailing BIAD from way back when and only now caught up! Who'd a thought! Remember the kick arsing BIAD and Neno put on in the blacksmiths shop - the slap down on Manko's henchmen? Those two you left in the dirt? THEY'RE HERE!

Don't worry BIAD, I have a feeling Silo or Pip's got something special mixed up for those two - No need to get your wig in a twist just yet.

Or I hope not... Who knows... I don't!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If it gets too bad... Mut has permission to bring them low.
Ship isn't playing games anymore -it seems!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

If it gets too bad... Mut has permission to bring them low.
Ship isn't playing games anymore -it seems!

Yeah, I kind'a see Mut coming out of her 'cloaking' and doin' some 'stomping'...

That or poor Dread and Hang Knot are going to 'see the light' and go back too! LOL!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Toby exploded into a mass off snarling hair and teeth launched himself in the direction of the voice. A gun shot split the air and fast as that Toby dropped to the ground dead.

Them yaller varmints!

A man runs off with my wife, I'll help 'em pack and boot 'em in the ass to put them on their way. That decision is on her. A man runs off with my dog, I'll track him to the edge of the planet, and we'll have some words. A man KILLS my dog, and there just ain't a rock anywhere big enough to hide him. No pardons, no reprieve. Had a sheep herder just shoot AT my dog one time. Dog wasn't doing anything but crossing a pasture - wasn't bothering anything. Being that this is a family forum, I won't go into the details of the subsequent events other than to say the feller lived, became older gradually and wiser suddenly.

Them yaller varmints!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

... other than to say the feller lived, became older gradually and wiser suddenly.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Yeah, the 'shoot the dog = death' works for me too...

In Toby's case? Thank goodness it was just one of Pip's 'fortelling' dreams. He's had them before but not quite this vividly. Let's hope Mut stops Dread and Hang Knot before it gets to the dog shootin' part.

Great week all!

new topics

top topics

<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join