It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's replied to SETI

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let's concentrate on this agroglyph, not muddy the water or confuse the issue by trying to discuss all glyphs.

Originally posted by Tayesin
Now think about making a massive crop circle like this particular one in Binary Code, overnight, without leaving tracks and without someone seeing the lighting rigs necessary to do so...

It would not have to be done over night, but could be accomplished over several nights. Nor would one need lighting rigs to produce the glyph; other massive crop circles have been produced by people such as the Circle Makers with nothing more than simple flash-lights and pen-lights.

Again, nothing in this particular circle is outside human means.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Assume? never assume cos it makes an ASS out of U and ME ... something I learned in a sales job once...

Back to the matter no. I can't just assume that something so obviously man-made is extra-terrestrial in origin. The aliens sent a message in correlation to an image found only in books here on Earth. Unless they have a library card...?

I find it incredible that people actually think that making these crop formations on Earth for the aliens to view is just plain stupid but whatever floats their boat...! lol I Why not just send another message like they did in 2001....? Radio signal? Like they did in 1974 too? If you can't see the lunacy in what your posting then good luck with that.

I think the people who believe this nonsensical jibberish regarding this crop "RECTANGLE" would have a better job finding Bin Laden.

Because it will take 25,000 years for the message to reach its intended destination of stars (and an additional 25,000 years for any reply), the Arecibo message was more a demonstration of human technological achievement than a real attempt to enter into a conversation with extraterrestrials. In fact, the stars that the message was aimed at will no longer be there when it arrives. According to the Cornell News press release of Nov. 12, 1999, the real purpose of the message was not to make contact, but to demonstrate the capabilities of newly installed equipment

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
sorry i posted that last one twice
oops

[edit on 10/3/2009 by itchy_tartan_blanket]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's just so idiotic to believe that another species that is supposed to be highly advanced would go around the planet making designs in fields. Don't these things know about radio..etc. How in the hell can we possibly believe these guys can't do better. If someone asks why would people hoax this...you are the reason...because you are willing to believe the ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

It's also a little bit idiotic to assume we know ANYTHING at all about how aliens would think, what they look like, and exactly what subjects they are intelligent with?

I see a lot of opinion about aliens based off what we see from human nature. But we really just have no idea.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Right in line..check this out, I found it to odd to say the least
Edit to add a second line, I find it to be the case that SETI is most surly covering up some things.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

yeah not to mention the designs in the fields look like 2 groups started from the top and bottom and meet in the middle. there so misshapen and imperfect i guess the Alens crop circle machine is outta wack.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

It's also a little bit idiotic to assume we know ANYTHING at all about how aliens would think, what they look like, and exactly what subjects they are intelligent with?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Exactly....humans would put crap in fields....so why would beings who would be more intelligent than us do it. They have to be more intelligent other wise how did they get here.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It might not take so long if traveling through a black hole,
Or by some other means, as we really don't know everything.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Mayhap, when our signals reach them, they are not recieved as radio signals.

Maybe, just maybe, 'our signals' are 'making crop-circles' on other planets !!!

And That is why the messages are returned as such.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
[edit on 10-3-2009 by brengizzle]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

You got that NASA? Not only is SETI a waste of money it is a trojan running rampant on the internet. Sound familiar? People that infected their computers with this disease by their own will should be held accountable as well. SETI will not accomplish what it is intended to do. You would need to live for hundreds of years to understand that the science behind this is flawed. The method and the use is not realistic. And furthermore sending distress signals into space was really a great idea. Now that the beast has been awakened and NASA must now beg mercy to the silence above we can only countdown to the end of our existence. Good job morons your lucky this world has not suffered such consequences. I'm sure we are all debt to thanks and gratitude to your worshipness. But you on the other hand will bleed mercy to the king for the mistakes you have made. As for the rest of you faithful SETI worshippers I would advice you to abandon now. It is benign to this world and you are the plague so graciously spread by its host. We can only pray for our eradication in return to end such pain and suffering.

PULL THE PLUG ON SETI

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So, umm, i may sound incredibly stupid asking this; i'm sorry but i'm from mars~
what is "seti"? (I spotted this thread... interesting... but i spend much more time in the creatures and mythology boards. So, "seti"?)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
I knew they had sent that signal out and it still boggles my mind. Why in the world, or universe
, would we send out our DNA info? Isn't that akin to a neon Burger King or McDonalds sign?

Let's make contact first, then go from there. It's like we don't have any personal boundries. You ever go out with someone or make a friend and they dump way too much personal info on you too early in the relationship?

Yeah, no kidding! Let's give them all our secrets why don't we! Havn't they seen War Of The Worlds! Sheeesh!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It's a little hard to believe crop circles are made by UFO's when you have loads of human people admitting they do it themselves.
Im with Savior on this one. Why don't they just write in English "We're here" and signal where exactly in the galaxy they are from.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

SETI is Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence

www.seti.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Hope this helps

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
So, umm, i may sound incredibly stupid asking this... what is "seti"?

SETI - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
www.seti.org...

So your from Mars you say? Please contact SETI immediately and give them your ID card... I am sure they will be thrilled

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
How hard do you think it would be to make both of them over night especially one in binary that infers alien DNA and then a nice detailed face next to it. I bet 10000000000 you cant! How else are they going to communicate? You think they speak English or use the same broadcasting tech we do? Drawing things on the ground are basically all they have left. If they are from outside our solar system they would get the message in binary see the dish think well that's about right and do it there.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by DaMod]

I don't know man, but if they have tech to break most of the laws of physics that we know I'm pretty much sure that communicating using binaries trough radio waves would be a work that they would leave for their infants of how easy it would be for them.

But this whole thing is a bit stupid if you think. It's like I send you an e-mail and you instead of replaying to that e-mail you come to my house and paint something on the wall. It doesn't make any sense.

If they were able to receive that transmission and understand it, than they most likely have the tech to re-transmit it back don't you think?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Something I thought I would toss into the debate here....Assuming the Chilbolton crop circle was a genuine attempt by a exterrestial intelligence to send a reply you have to ask this question.

Which transmission were they responding to?

This question is important beause the 74 Arecibo was transmitted more than once. See link.

"http://www.orbit.zkm.de/?q=node/187"

The 2nd transmission of the Areicbo message seems to be important. Why?
Because it was transmitted in 1999. And while it was aimed at stars in the Altair, Deneb, and Vega triangle if you look at a starmap of the time the transmissions were held there would have been several planets and the moon visible to the transmission dish.

This Cosmic Call they put out in 1999 may have gotten an answer. It was 180 years early though. They were not expecting the Martians to answer.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by ntech]

[edit on 11-3-2009 by ntech]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
After reading page one and two, I see people dismissing this because they have a poblem with "Why didn't they send it via radiowaves or something similar? Are they not advanced enough?".

Well do you honestly believe that if there would be a reply to their radio that anyone else would hear it about it? Why is there in first place this coverup that we have to discuss such matters on this website? Because authorities wouldn't let that information out. Didn't think of that did you. I bet those that made the crop-formation knows a lot more about our earthly situation than we know.

I find it a lot more plausible that most of the crop circles are authentic work, not made by humans. Within that small timeframe, in pitch black darkness, sometimes even during rain, perfect geometrical figures emerge that can be linked to describing physics like magnetism, vacuum state, singularities and what not. And none have seen nothing. Mysterious? Yes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join