It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's replied to SETI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I seem to recall a special where one guy, with a hat and a wire loop through the bill, a board, a stake, and rope, managed to make a very impressive crop circle in just a few hours....

The chances of them being hoaxes are simply too great to ignore or dismiss out of hand, and certainly provide the Occam's Razor argument....

There is a famous clip with "foo-fighters" or "balls of light" building a crop circle.

Yes, there is, and it was provided by a man who has his own video production company...go figure...
(and the camera seems to be set up, on a tripod no less, to capture this exact event...
)

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stephan76

Stop sprouting such rubbish, do you even know what HAARP does?

Go and find out before you post such dribble.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Right on...

Besides, if they have the tech to intercept and read the signal........it's safe to assume that they know how to send a response in the same matter.

Still, I don't deny the possibility that they do crop circles. There are some out there that you can't easily dismiss, like the radioactive stuff...

reply to post by Starwatcher

The fact that MIT students weren't able to reproduce what they have seen, doesn't mean its impossible. Sometimes the easiest and simplest way of doing things is the best one.

And there are enough proof that "drunk people" can make crop circles...They already showed HOW.

Another thing is that the crop circles keep in touch with "fashion"... If you see the first ones, they were pretty basic and simple. Now, they look like magnetic fields representations and complex geometrical figures...

...you may argue that they try to keep up with the "mentality" of mankind, but, I don't think it's even plausible.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Crop Circles are created by the guys at MIT using the Shiva Nova laser and bouncing it off satellite mirrors.

Its a kind of precision 'target practice' but mostly they just like messing with peoples mind

Bet that stirs the worms

[edit on 10-3-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Stop sprouting such rubbish, do you even know what HAARP does?

Go and find out before you post such dribble.

Sure I did, have you?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Care to explain then?

While you're at it explain how project bluebeam (Holograms) can create crop circles as well.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Of course they would know what tv is, there's probably a good chance that if they did turn up, it was because of television signals,

Well since TV broadcasting was only available since the late 1930's and that TV signals travel at the speed of light... any civilization picking up those poor quality and weak signals would have to live within 80 or so light years of Earth.

Last I checked there are not too many stars within that short distance.

And even if there were those early crappy signals would be very hard to dechiper..

And even if they did they would just now be getting "War of the Worlds" the Lucy Show, the debut of the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show AND all those nice early Sci Fi films of Alien Invasions and how we treat them...

Funny how people forget that little fact...

Starwars from 1977 is just now reaching about 30 light years

Here is a list of local stars in the 50 light year sphere

BIG PICTURE HERE

www.atlasoftheuniverse.com...

And as far as I know we haven't found any planets around any of those

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I recently watched a documentary where a few MIT students with faculty oversight tried to make a crop circle. They did not finish...

The inability to invalidate a hypothesis is not the same as proving the hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ah but we don't know how far they can listen for such signals, plus radio would be much deeper then tv.

Wouldn't it be funny if we avoided a galactic war because they caught the end of war of the worlds and decided we were dangerous

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephan76
Sure I did, have you?

Yeah I have... I am with Chadwickus on this one

Please explain what exactly HAARP does and how and how a Hologram can create Crop Circles

Thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be funny if we avoided a galactic war because they caught the end of war of the worlds and decided we were dangerous

Wasn't that what "The day the world stood still" (original 1950's version) was all about? Them telling us we better shape up or else?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Funny how people forget that little fact...

Starwars from 1977 is just now reaching about 30 light years

why do people assume Aliens are only listening from a planet ?

could be a mothership parked nearby as well ?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Care to explain then?

While you're at it explain how project bluebeam (Holograms) can create crop circles as well.

Sure I can elaborate my point if I did not make it clear enough.

I am saying that the same infrastructure of satelites that were meant for the Star Wars Project are meant to be used with HAARP Antennas in order to create Holograms for the Project Blue Beam.

Where is the Crop Circle connection?

Well, I am saying that before successful credible Holograms can be made and delivered at a mass scale, it is necessary to "calibrate" this technological infrastructure at a smaller scale, and here is where the Crop Circles are important for the Blue Beam Project.

Is it clear now?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
why do people assume Aliens are only listening from a planet ?
could be a mothership parked nearby as well ?

I have always said SETI needs to listen for 'local chatter' considering how many UFO's are reported. Surely they must have some frequency of 'ship to ship' communication? Lets tune those antennas and listen within the solar system

Is ANYONE even doing that? Well anyone that will talk publically? Maybe some HAM's or Pirate satellite stations?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Redacted

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ball lightning

en.wikipedia.org...

Here, there is a reference about Ball Lightning, a phenomenom that on my opinion relates to some UFO sightings, Crop Circles, HAARP, and the Blue Beam Project.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I was looking at the Chilbolton site through google earth and found an interesting bit of history the field in which the crop circles were found used to be an RAF and USAAF base.

www.controltowers.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I read the article, fascinated, but then noticed a great big hole in the story.

A quote from the article:
"Don't forget that because we could be trying to communicate with an intelligence completely different to our own, we cannot talk in terms of 'human' systems, such as centimetres, feet, decimal numbers etc."

OK. But later, the writer states, in describing the different "sections" of the binary message:
"The next section contains the binary values 1,6,7,8 and 15 which indicate the atomic numbers of the primary elements for life on Earth; Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen and Phosphorus respectively."

Stop. How would another life form be familiar with the atomic numbers WE have assigned to elements, any more than they would understand any other "human systems"?

Our atomic chart is no different from "centimetres, feet, etc." in that it is a human construction. We can't just assume that another intelligent species would design the same chart. Ours is roughly based on atomic weights, which are relative to planet EARTH.

The likelihood that another species would have a comparable atomic chart seems almost nill.

I am not a natural skeptic. But I did go to college, and I learned to read critically...so, for me, this blows the credibility of the entire article, and forces me to discount this story...as badly as I'd like to believe...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well then you should know that the atomic number is based on atomic weight. How many neutrons and protons are contained within. If they have an understand of atomic structure that would be apparent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join