It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's replied to SETI

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
If you think about it, Humans are idiots compared to aliens.

Oh really? And how many Aliens have you met to be able to make such a statement? Just because a race can build a spaceship doesn't mean they are that far advanced nor does it mean that they are smarter than us...

Had we listened to Tesla 100 years ago we would already be... oh wait We DID according to Ben Rich

If they wanted to show themselfs to us, no government on Earth could stop that information coming out...simply because they would have appeared in a massive scale.

But it's possible that they did respond, and sent it only to someone specific (at these days, I don't even trust SETI), and that person was silenced, or was even working with the government.

Its also possible that SETI is not even listening at the right level..

Take Star Trek for example... they use 'sub space communication' Seems us humans were smart enough to think about that huh? So does SETI have any devices that are listening for sub space chatter? If a race was traveling between planets they would NEED to have a system of communication that was as fast as their ships... whether through hyperspace, a wormhole or by quantum entanglement... otherwise they would have no communication at all

UFO community must do a refresh on the best theories around the world. I mean, we are talking about (like someone said) doodling on the ground, when we ALSO claim that aliens CRASHED in 1947 in the middle of the desert...

Your right they need to do a refresh... and realize that about 80% of UFO sightings are naturally existing LOCAL plasma creatures not Alien Spaceships

Then we will get somewhere...

If most of us believe in Roswell, why are we even debating this crop-circles/formations?

Because we like to debate... heck we have been debating Roswell for over 60 years now

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I like your thinking...however, how would we know "sub space chatter" if we came upon it? I personally think it's silly to assume that aliens would use radio waves...seems more likely to me that an extraterrestrial species would have different parameters on their sense of hearing, if they have one...

for example...we know that whales communicate underwater, but we can't decipher what they're saying!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

First thing first, read the entire thread and you'll be on the ball. What you've done is the equivalent of butting into a conversation halfway through bumping your gums about something irrellavent to what I was saying. Read the original article and then read my replies.

"They are intelligent enough to build a radio receiver that can receieve our radio signals so I'm ASSUMING they've built a transmitter too. Why build a receiver withou a transmitter?"

No offense, but that is the funniest quote I've read on ATS in a while...

Who, exactly, are "they" and WHEN did "they" build a radio receiver?
Why build a radio receiver?

Why assume that they would even recognize radio waves, which are native to earth, created by a species that has a rather underdeveloped sense of hearing (even relative to other earth species')?

Now THAT is funny. We sent a message by RADIO SIGNAL in 1974 and this crop circle, I mean formation, is purportedly a response to that RADIO SIGNAL. So I think it's VERY safe to ASSUME that THEY, "They" being the supposed aliens who sent THIS crop formation, would have to have a RADIO RECEIVER to receive the RADIO SIGNAL that was sent in 1974.

Here's something else that's funny - Radio waves were not CREATED by Man:

Radio waves were first predicted by mathematical work done in 1865 by James Clerk Maxwell. Maxwell noticed wavelike properties of light and similarities in electrical and magnetic observations. He then proposed equations that described light waves and radio waves as waves of electromagnetism that travel in space. In 1887, Heinrich Hertz demonstrated the reality of Maxwell's electromagnetic waves by experimentally generating radio waves in his laboratory. Many inventions followed, making practical the use of radio waves to transfer information through space.

Nikola Tesla and Guglielmo Marconi are credited with inventing systems to allow radio waves to be used for communication.

Source

Radio waves are not native to Earth either

Radio astronomy is a subfield of astronomy that studies celestial objects at radio frequencies. The initial detection of radio waves from an astronomical object (the Milky Way) was made in the 1930s, but subsequent advances (especially post-World War II) have identified a number of different sources of radio emission. These include stars and galaxies as well as entirely new classes of objects, such as Radio Galaxies, Pulsars and Masers. The discovery of the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation was a particularly significant event. Radio astronomy is conducted either with a single telescope or with multiple linked telescopes utilising the techniques of radio interferometry and aperture synthesis. The latter has allowed radio sources to be imaged with unprecedented angular resolution.

Source

If that's what you meant...? But then how would THEY receive the message in the first place? Build a RECEIVER? But why build something that's native to Earth? And don't give me the excuse that they can't detect "man-made" signals because then you'd really be digging a hole for yourself.

Originally posted by nicholaswa
See...that's the type of little detail that people always want to ignore...the idea that aliens would/could communicate with us using human conventions is patently ridiculous.

I couldn't have put it better myself. You really should feel silly now. I am in no way disputing the fact there is intelligent life out there. I AM disputing the authenticity of the origins of that supposed alien crop circle. AND it's still not round...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
It might not take so long if traveling through a black hole,
Or by some other means, as we really don't know everything.

Well a blackhole would not be my first choice... its kinda like a universal garberator... chews everything up and spits it out...

A wormhole or 'hyperspace' would be much better. As to communication look up "Quantum Entanglement" and see what us stupid humans are coming up with

BUT again... is SETI doing anything other than listening to old fashioned SLOW radio messages?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

There are two possible implications from this, both of them ridiculous, but one of them certainly truth:

Either aliens replied back by writing those crop circles, or SETI was unable to maintain the original outgoing message secret, as would be required if one wanted to be able to authenticate the reply.

Once the message leaks out, humans could have made the crop circle, and that is all it takes to cast doubt on whether aliens really did it.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I like your thinking...however, how would we know "sub space chatter" if we came upon it?

Precisely my point... unless some black project is already working on that... we wouldn't. I think SETI is currently a waste of time and money... but what the heck... its a drop in the bucket compared to the trillions the Gov wastes every year...

I personally think it's silly to assume that aliens would use radio waves...seems more likely to me that an extraterrestrial species would have different parameters on their sense of hearing, if they have one...

Well I would assume that radio would be the last thing they use.... but the point is we are looking for radio transmissions from anywhere... and at some point a civilization, like ours, would have discovered radio first...

But do we really know just how far our own weak 50 years of transmission are and how far out they would be coherent? We assume that the signals will just go on for ever...

for example...we know that whales communicate underwater, but we can't decipher what they're saying!!

Very good point... something Star Trek hit on as well...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Take Star Trek for example... they use 'sub space communication' Seems us humans were smart enough to think about that huh? So does SETI have any devices that are listening for sub space chatter? If a race was traveling between planets they would NEED to have a system of communication that was as fast as their ships... whether through hyperspace, a wormhole or by quantum entanglement... otherwise they would have no communication at all.

I agree. They would use an advanced form of communication. "Sub-space" from Star Trek isn't just theoretical is it? I may have stumbled across it's mention on the forums somewhere.

The point I've been trying to make in regards to this particular crop formation is the many holes in it from the original article. Many people who believe crop formations are Extra-Terrestrial in nature believe this hands down. Like telling a devout Catholic his Virgin Mary shaped celery isn't a message.

So keeping with the Star Trek theme zorgon, in a few episodes there were primitive methods of communication detected on their travels. ie Radio signals. Do you think that an advanced species would also detect these types of signals? I'm trying so hard not to use Start Trek terminology here!! LOL Do you think they'd have radio signals scanned as part of a "sensor sweep"? Like if me and yourself had a super advanced spaceship, and went to seek out new life and new civilisations.... we would scan all known types of communications, right? Anything that might be something unnaturally occuring. Just wondered what you'd think about their exploration techniques.

I like what you've said about the plasma craetures. I've seen many videos from space walks, shuttles, where there are those seemingly alive white "blobs" moving around. I think it was black and white footage though so I'm not sure of the colour. Fascinating stuff. I'll check it out.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by itchy_tartan_blanket
Light can't escape from a Black Hole so what makes you think a radio signal would? I'm sure Black Holes are to enter and not for leaving. And you're right we don't know everything

I would strongly suggest you reevaluate or update your knowledge of black holes

Black Hole Jets...

The Question
(Submitted September 23, 1999)

I teach a 10th grade astronomy class and am unclear on how the strong rotating magnetic field of a black hole creates the jets of accelerated matter that is emitted from the polar regions. How is it that this matter/energy escapes the event horizon? Thank you for your time.

The Answer
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Seems that light and matter do indeed emit from the poles of a black hole..

NASA Scientists Determine the Nature of Black Hole Jets

NASA and Italian scientists using Swift have for the first time determined what the particle jets streaming from black holes are made of.

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

So it seems you are out of the loop re black holes

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

I read the article genius. I quoted the article in my first post, on a much earlier page...I didn't just but into the conversation...

Your entire response to me rests on the allegation that these crop circles are alien responses to radio waves.

I'm not the only responder who has suggested the silliness of that statement.

The information you've posted doesn't prove that aliens would recognize and understand radio waves. Nor does it prove that they would have access to the physical materials required to build a receiver.

You assume so much, but think so little....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

I like your thinking...however, how would we know "sub space chatter" if we came upon it? I personally think it's silly to assume that aliens would use radio waves...seems more likely to me that an extraterrestrial species would have different parameters on their sense of hearing, if they have one...

I'm not saying that inter-stellar travelling aliens communicate via radio waves. That's just ridiculous. But in relation to this thread this seems like a paradox.

The Aricebo message was sent as one burst in 1974 via radio. This crop formation appeared in 2001. I advise you to read the part in the article from the OP, then read my response to that. But for the sake of argument I'll go along with this crop formation being authentically sent by aliens.

So, it is a response to the original radio message. We can assume they can detect radio signals. Yeah? Otherwise how can THEY reply to a message THEY can't detect. You're saying aliens may have different parameters with their hearing...what do you mean?

If they can see all the way here to do what you say they do then why not do it when someones watching? And if crop circles are done by aliens then why are they only responding to the Aricebo in 2001? They've been doing it for years prior to aricebo and for many many years following the transmission

I agree that advanced inter-planetary/stellar travelling aliens would not use radio signals. It doesn't mean THEY can't detect them or again, how would THEY receive this message to send this reply? If THEY were inter-stellar travellers then there would be no need for crop formations. Travel here, give us sub-space transmitters/receivers then we can chat all the time. Then tell us why it was thought to bea good idea to flatten corn in the English countryside to get a message to us. And I can explain why the hell crop formations aren't the best means of communication.

IMO if the universe is the way it's said it is then I can't think of a reason why there aren't other beings out there. But that crop formation is a hoax. It's written all over it and I'm surprised it's even been brought up as a contender as an authentic find.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"The Aricebo message was sent as one burst in 1974 via radio. This crop formation appeared in 2001. I advise you to read the part in the article from the OP, then read my response to that. But for the sake of argument I'll go along with this crop formation being authentically sent by aliens.

So, it is a response to the original radio message. We can assume they can detect radio signals."

Dude!! I don't get that line of thinking!!
1. The assumption that this crop formation was made by aliens
2. The assumption that it is a response to the 1974 signal.

I read the article...that doesn't make it true...seriously, I don't understand your logic man!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We both agree that this is a hoax, so I don't really see what our point of contention is...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I have not once said this crop formation was the work of aliens. lol You're saying this crop formation is genuine? So it's in response to a radio signal sent in 1974? how can an alien species, send a reply, to a radio signal, if they cannot receive radio signals?

Maybe you need to be told this over and over so you understand...?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I stand corrected in regards to black holes
cheers. It doesn't convince me this crop formation is genuine though. It is clearly fake. the author wasted his time with the article.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

lmao! how the hell did we get our wires crossed? I'm threading back ......

Glad we agree I was right then...
lol

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have a quick question even though it's my post. I was unable to find any information as to if the crop circle in question was radio active. Anyone find anything to this?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I threaded back.... it got mixed up when you assumed I was speaking about Aliens building radio receivers when I was indeed replying to someone elses post who believed this formation was genuine. Then you shot off on a rant about carbon-based life-forms etc etc off-topic... So yeah you did butt in ok? But I'll let you off. lol

The main thing is we agree it's a hoax. Peace out hombre

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

yeah DaMod you're right it is your thread. What do you make of what I say? This crop formation is clearly a fake. Check out my posts from earlier in the thread regarding the image. I'd like to hear what your view is on why the image is so fatally flawed...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
maybe the aliens are sexually aroused by radio waves and can not only detect them, they LURVE them and like alot of sexually charged beings, have an artistic side. For obvious reasons, it's taboo to go around transmitting radio waves in the alien society, so they decided to send us a postcard instead

One they made themselves, of course

[edit on 11/3/09 by feoil]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

I would say your entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but you didn't answer my question.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join