It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's replied to SETI

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm sure this has already been posted but I wanted to again for those that dont know. On Tuesday 21st August 2001 two new crop formations were reported near Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire, UK. Previously we sent (in binary) Our DNA Specs info about our planet and solar system etc. They responded (in binary) with their specs.

Full Article Here

READ THE ARTICLE !!!

[edit on 10-3-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I knew they had sent that signal out and it still boggles my mind. Why in the world, or universe
, would we send out our DNA info? Isn't that akin to a neon Burger King or McDonalds sign?

Let's make contact first, then go from there. It's like we don't have any personal boundries. You ever go out with someone or make a friend and they dump way too much personal info on you too early in the relationship?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The crazy part is they sent theirs back.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Did they put RE: in the reply?
Because if they did, then they must really lame Aliens.
Also your image says, "Attempt to hotlink image from cropcirclesearch" Then it says some other stuff about SAVING the picture, and hosting it somewhere else.
Like on media.abovetopsecret.com for example.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I read an article about that crop circle a few months ago and was amazed this information never reached further than sites like this. I have very little confidence in the people at SETI, they seem to be among the biggest skeptics out there. Crop circles need much more attention from the main stream.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Now, why in the world would aliens responding to a signal reply in a far-flung field in a far-flung part of England? Why would they do it beside a telescope that did not even send the message in the first place?

Humans could have just as easily created this as a hoax.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think they should stop wasting millions of dollars running the SETI telescope array and start making crop circles straight away. ET seems to understand those far better than radio communication.

WG3

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
How hard do you think it would be to make both of them over night especially one in binary that infers alien DNA and then a nice detailed face next to it. I bet 10000000000 you cant! How else are they going to communicate? You think they speak English or use the same broadcasting tech we do? Drawing things on the ground are basically all they have left. If they are from outside our solar system they would get the message in binary see the dish think well that's about right and do it there.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

THIS BLOWS MY MIND!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

That picture puzzle thing is interesting. However, there is still little evidence on it. I would like to see that crop signal from an aerial view from the sky instead of pictures of a drawing.

If that picture is real then it would be amazing.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
I think they should stop wasting millions of dollars running the SETI telescope array and start making crop circles straight away. ET seems to understand those far better than radio communication.

WG3

It doesn't cost much to make crop circles.
All you need is a board and some rope.
And go walking round in circles in a corn field.
Also clearly, if you stare at jumbled nonsense data for long enough.
You will be able to make almost anything out of it.
Until they send a message like "Yo! wassssssuppp!"
Then it could be almost anything the imagination can think of.
It could be pulse bursts from electromagnetic radiation or anything.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
How hard do you think it would be to make both of them over night especially one in binary that infers alien DNA and then a nice detailed face next to it. I bet 10000000000 you cant!

Nothing in the crop circle is outside human understanding or outside the abilities of a determined, knowledgable hoaxer. It isn't a "nice detailed face" it amounts to a charicature.

You would not need one night. This could be produced over several nights before someone noticed it.

I have an even better bet for you: prove that it's alien. I bet you can't. All you have is wishful thinking.

...use the same broadcasting tech we do?

Yet somehow they were able to pick up the signal and form a reply. Quite a feat for someone who does not have the same broadcasting technology we do.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks, I really enjoyed that article. Seems like he is a smart man. This is very interesting, perhaps ET wants us to quit sending all that hi tech info and just me a little more informal!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Never heard of this so thanks for the post..

Here is an aerial view of the crop circle..

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i covered this a few weeks ago. yes it was a reply to seti. i also posted a few other circles on my thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Too many nay sayers. I posted this to provide a piece of interesting information. Obviously some of you didn't read the article. It wasn't about staring at the data it was about the data being not only in the same format as the way it was sent but modified to their specifications. People assume everything is a hoax. Plus when your that close to a radio array that people work at every single day its hard to pull that off over a few nights with it going un-noticed.

Comparison image of our broadcast and this crop circle.

Better view.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Savior I've noticed every post I see you nay saying. You never seem to agree or even get interested by anything... You just dismiss everything. In fact most of the time you become down right rude!

You need to relax, go to a spa get a facial or a mud bath. Relax man, its ok!!! If anyone needs to get abducted immediately its you.

P.S. Binary is a mathematical language and therefore a language that an intelligent species other than our own can understand. Plus its not far fetched that they could pick up a signal. Give them some credit jeeze.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have never believed in crop circles being from aliens, but instead works of art created by smart humans

If aliens wanted us to know about them, they would respond with a similar method to what we approached them with, and not by vandalising a farmers field where's there every chance that the whole message get wiped out by a combine harvester.

Imagine traveling X amount of light years, spending the night in a damp field in the back of end of nowhere, carefully bending crops to your exact specification and then watching in horror the next day as Farmer Pickles destroys the whole thing.
To me, that does not sound like an advanced species. Chiseling the response in the side of a mountain would be much better and less likely for the 'nay' crowd rolling their eyes

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Daisy did you read the article and look at the data?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Obviously some of you didn't read the article.

Just because we do not agree does not mean we did not read it.

It wasn't about staring at the data it was about the data being not only in the same format as the way it was sent but modified to their specifications.

So what? Humans created the message, a rather simple message at that. It is well within human capability to create a "reply" with a few changes to make it appear alien.

Plus when your that close to a radio array that people work at every single day its hard to pull that off over a few nights with it going un-noticed.

Not hard at all. The radio-array is more-or-less eye-level with the crop-circle. As the pictures posted demonstrate, it is only observable in full from much higher in the air. The array is also far enough away from the crop-field that few people are going to pay a distant part of the field much mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join