It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Okay, so then we use approval. Everyone gets one point, basically, for each time they are voted for. The top 6 are the committee.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

You assume too much.

Just because someone hasn't posted in the last 38 pages of discussion doesn't mean that they haven't been monitoring it's progress. We've only now reached a resolution, which is why I'm only now ringing in on the subject.

Thanks for taking initiative with this matter BH. Awaiting the u2u.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

That's it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sometimes the more simple, the better. That seems to be the best route.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just want to say, it has been a great thread overall, we gt some good brainstorming done. The main group(You know who you are), who have been contributing here deserves a pat on the back!

link   
reply to post by darcon

I agree, but say if we had wanted to get the leader nominated right now, too, borda or something would work better.

I won't even get into condorcet voting, lol. That's head-to-head. It would work if we had like 4 nominees hahaha

link   
Honestly, what you all need to do is take about ten of the names and vote for the next 2 days....The three that get the most votes should be the moderators of the forum, if that is what SO decides to do.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Everyone deserves a pat on the back for hanging with this so long.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I will send a U2U to everyone on the list and ask them to reply to me within 24 hours with their 6 picks. I will include the complete list. (Daystar has asked to be taken off as he/she doesn't have the time)

Reddupo
Maxmars
Cutwolf
whatukno
CavemanDD
ToTheTenthPower
DocGonzo
Frankidealist35
Daystar
Unit541
Ahabstar
Anok
Loam
Jasonjnelson
tyranny22
omega85
ravenshadow13
SaviorComplex
spliff4020
N. Tesla
Schrodingers Dog
Skeptic1
Amaterasu
AllTiedTogether
budski
americandingbat
pieman
darcon
nyk537
Ridhya

Tomorrow, I will count the votes. If a person in the top 6 doesn't want the job, the next person will be chosen.

No more nominations please.

Further more, we have decided, that once the committee is formed, they will vote for their leader.

Up above is what is happening as of late.

link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Woah, no, haha members never vote for moderators. That's always up to staff.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

We have decided what to do.

S O had left it up to us to decide, which is why it took so long, and was a bit confusing.

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I agree. A lot of time and dedication has been put into even just the voting process, nevermind possible solutions for this issue. It really displays how much the members of ATS care about the quality of the website and the rights of all of the members.

link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I beleive you have me confused with someone else my friend. I did not suggest that since someone has not posted that they were not interested in the subject, quite the contrary actually...

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well, honestly, all of this wouldn't be an issue if people would just abide by the rules. Intelligent discussion about drugs is fine, but when someone starts delving into the whole, "Oh,man, I got so high last night," spiel, I think something shouldbe done.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I would like to participate in this commitee.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
I just want to say, it has been a great thread overall, we gt some good brainstorming done. The main group(You know who you are), who have been contributing here deserves a pat on the back!

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by darcon

Everyone deserves a pat on the back for hanging with this so long.

I echo both those sentiments.

And to inject a little much needed levity ....

Let me say that I just want to tell you all good luck. We're all counting on you.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Exactly. It isn't Admin's fault this happened. It is the fault of a few bad apples who either couldn't understand the T&Cs, didn't want to follow the T&Cs, or just didn't care either way.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Yeah, ya'll have already lost me.
I generally do not delve into the drug issue much, so it's sort of a moot point for me. However, I am sure that it will all be worked out.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
can someone quickly explain the voting process and what i have to do? and whats up with chat? was the drug talk that bad?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

We know. But that doesn't mean someone who has something important and mature to contribute on the issue shouldn't be able to because of those few "bad apples"

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join