It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Sorry about that. All 30 have been sent out.

link   
Smooth, now my vote has been cast.

I'm gonna duck out for a while and get some air.

Thanks everybody.

link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Bull
You just want to talk about drugs and for some reason the huge number of druggie sites does not satisfy you. You don't care it will make many members uncomfortable and may drive people away and will certainly give ATS a bad reputation.

At a time when the REAL Topics here need public attention you would remove the credibility of ATS? We have all seen just how well the druggies are able to control themselves, which is not at all.

Dude, you can lay off the "druggie" crap. I know SO uses that term too, but it's pretty damned insulting. Just cuz people choose alternative, FAR healthier means to relax, over the ones that prove profitable for the same RICH GREEDY BASTARDS that have tanked our country doesn't make you above them. Get over yourself, and if you drink alcohol AT ALL, we'll just call you a DRUNK. K, Drunk?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
reply to post by Blaine91555

IMHO Bill should have just banned drug talk and walked away.

Thank for your opinion, but the rest of us here are fighting for something more and free on ATS

Bull
You just want to talk about drugs and for some reason the huge number of druggie sites does not satisfy you. You don't care it will make many members uncomfortable and may drive people away and will certainly give ATS a bad reputation.

At a time when the REAL Topics here need public attention you would remove the credibility of ATS? We have all seen just how well the druggies are able to control themselves, which is not at all.

This, to me is unacceptable, especially in regards to the subjects you are referring to. This ultimately comes to down to a free speech issue.

As we have learned over our short lives, having free speech is quite the hefty responsibility. In order to have it and remain civil is a tough thing to hammer out.

This is what we are trying to do right now and that is very important.

Please, remain calm.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yes something will. A process approaching fairness and openness. This falls far short IMO.

And how exactly am I trying to have things two ways?

link   

The reason for this entire thread goes far deeper than one's desire to talk about drugs.

It's the reason wars have been fought. Thousands of people have lost their lives for the reason that this thread still goes on.

I'm just glad the founders of this site realize there's more to this than "druggie talk" - as some can not comprehend.

link   

How ignorant of you too assume i like talking about Drugs.

I do not want people to take drugs, nor do i. I prefer meditating

Though i am here, because i believe there are a vast amount of conspiracies, that we will not be able to talk about, if this BAN on Drugs Continues.

Many here on this thread, who have been working hard no doubt, are not druggies like you espouse.

One of the things we discussed, was having a forum dedicated to Drug Conspiracies or medical Trials, so you do not need to participate in anything, and it wont make you uncomfortable.

In case you did not notice, take a look at this thread, within a day it has went up to about 50 pages, Drugs are a big topic.

I also do not like "stoner stories", as that is what got us here in the first place. Plus, this is bigger than the Drug topic now.

Believe what you want!

FYI i do not go to "Druggie Websites"

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

Thanks to all those that realize the real issue at hand. Thanks for keeping this discussion moving forward and pointed in the right direction.

It too could have been easily derailed by comments such as Blaine's ... as so many threads have been before.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreyFoxSolid
This, to me is unacceptable, especially in regards to the subjects you are referring to. This ultimately comes to down to a free speech issue.

Thank You!

Even the Owners talked about how said is it that a couple of rotten apples ruined for the intelligent bunch.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yea, i think i am going to get some air too.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

ATS is a conspiracy site. I think pharmaceutical, tobacco and alcohol companies funding anti cannabis advertisements to boost their own revenue despite cannabis being much less harmful is a conspiracy. I think pharma companies creating synthetic drugs for sole purpose of making up problems then solutions is a conspiracy. I think the suppression of hemp oil by pharma companies, and the suppression of hemp by the oil industry and paper industry is a conspiracy. I think the billions of dollars of missing War On Drugs money is a conspiracy. I think the CIA trafficking drugs is a conspiracy. I think the opium fields in the middle east funding terrorism is a conspiracy. .ETC

THIS IS A "REAL" TOPIC. Not only are there many conspiracies, but with, for example, the current legislation in California, and the recent Phelps scandal, it is also a hot topic in current events.

I choose to not go to druggie sites because I'm not here to talk about getting trashed and asking "What's the best movie to watch when you're high?".

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Reddupo]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I assure you that I am calm. I'm also pragmatic. Drug talk attracts those who would ruin the reputation of ATS. Look at RATS for a lesson in what to expect.

You folks are forming a little government and this thread has only been up for people to see for a day. You have decided the opinions of those who don't come here daily don't even matter?

If you believe in freedom of speech, why not put this to a vote over a long enough period to let all members participate instead of pulling the same trick the government does by rushing it through. If your not willing, your motive is obvious.

Besides, this is a privately owned site. You act as if it is publicly funded

[edit on 2/26/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I will vote tommorow, only because I think its fair considering I didnt' even sleep last night, so my judgement is a bit impaired.

Is that chemical/drug related?

So yeah, tommorow, so I can skim the thread again and give it some good thought.

Honestly though. I think everyone here would do a good job.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

I wholly understand your viewpoint. You can, generally, expect a better conversation here than on other sites which is why this would be a shame if this is the way it had to be.

However, as odd as it is for Bill to use such language as he normally does not when he posts, I have to agree with him. There are a couple of people here who are not here to discuss these kinds of topics because they are not here for knowledge. They are simply here to rant about these kinds of subjects.

There is a difference between someone who uses in order to gain new perspective and someone who uses because they have no perspective.

I say keep the free speech! But I also say down with the morons.

And yes, these types of people are morons.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm actually for the legalization of drugs. I'm an former addict myself. I think legalization is the only way to fight the problem of drug addiction. I'm with you on that.

At the same time I know that there are many sites already out there for that topic and that allowing it here will drive people away from discussing other important topics.

Also this acting like 24 hours is enough to let other members in on this discussion. Come on now. People have lives and jobs.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I must have missed a memo. Could someone forward it to me, please? I missed the part where drug users are the latest minority that we have to be politically correct towards.

If that's not the case, then why did ALL OF YOU - including some of my best friends on ATS - sit through this thread without objecting to any of the abuse heaped upon all of us who happen to have interests apart from drugs, politics, or the evils of the government?

Everyone who's ever seen a UFO is now a crackpot, eh? You think whatever you like, but if the government/military really does have alien tech or alien carcasses, that will be of much more concern to humanity and the world as a whole than whether or not some feel-good plant is legal.

As far as I'm concerned, you can take your ideas of what constitutes a REAL conspiracy or issue and stuff 'em where the sun don't shine, right after excusing yourselves from ATS under the "deny ignorance" clause. Even if we are wrong, what right do you have to come along and insult well over half of ATS for being interested in issues other than the certain few YOU consider "real" or "important?"
If this is the mindset of the people who've been conducting the drug talk, I'd just as soon the topics were banned. At least us "crackpots" don't go around insulting and ridiculing everyone who doesn't think exactly like we do.

Drug: "a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being." (from dictionary.com)

Drugs are for treating disease. If you need something stronger than aspirin or ibuprofen, you should have a prescription. If you don't have a prescription, then you don't need it.

Sometimes we use phrases like "TV is the opiate of the masses" that seem to indicate that we understand what drugs do to us or for us, and then here we have 62 pages dedicated to the concept of it being so important for us to be able to discuss the conspiracies surrounding why drugs are legal or illegal or can only be used after a certain age or blah blah blah blah

The TRUTH, which no one seems to be willing to state any more, is that there is no good reason to use ANY drug unless you are treating an illness or dis-ease. Otherwise it's just escaping from reality, dumbing yourself down, and avoiding life.

Man, my job is awful and my apartment's too small and my signficant other is being a real pain .. hey, I'll just do do some _______ and I'll feel better and not be thinking about it any more. This is useful, productive, or necessary HOW?

And yes, I'm including alcohol in this, even though it's legal. The legal use of one drug - alcohol - results in how many thousands (or is it hundreds of thousands?) of deaths, some of which are innocent people, every year in the U. S. alone. And you name me one, just ONE actual BENEFIT (and I don't mean the "buzz") from drinking alcohol. There isn't one. It doesn't solve anything, it doesn't help anything. It damages your body and your brain, causes numerous side effects, and does absolutely nothing positive other than make you artificially "feel better" for as long as the buzz lasts.

And you people want to add MORE drugs to the list of ones that can be taken legally. Why? Just so you can artificially feel better without liver damage, or to avoid puking if you overdo it?

Drugs are the ultimate ignorance, a temporary denial of reality that must eventually end, leaving you facing the same problems and/or discontent that drove you to artificially alter your mood in the first place.

The most terrible conspiracy I see here is the one, although I have no idea who's responsible for it, that convinced so many human beings that it's a need or a right to have a toxic chemical substance (yep, they're all toxic or they wouldn't have any effect on you!) artificially alter your mood for you so that you can fool yourself into believing that you're happy for a few hours.

The NWO and the Illuminati and the Bilderbergers and Rothschilds and whoever else would probably much rather that you all sat around being drug-induced happy and mellow during whatever time you didn't spend working your butts off to make the money to buy the stuff. That would keep everyone quiet, productive, and effectively sedated enough not to cause any trouble or to actually make any real changes.

Huh.

I'm more disgusted today with the general membership of ATS - and incidentally with the staff who couldn't even be bothered to say a word in defense of the rest of us "crazy crackpots" who might actually think there's a government coverup about extraterrestrials and that it might be important, or that another cryptid besides the giant squid might be real - than I have ever been in the 8 months or so that I've been here.

Way to go catering to the artificial joy crowd. Once we've ALL been convinced to take, smoke, or drink our happiness, no one will care enough about anything to come to ATS and discuss it any more.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I assure you that I am calm. I'm also pragmatic. Drug talk attracts those who would ruin the reputation of ATS. Look at RATS for a lesson in what to expect.

You folks are forming a little government and this thread has only been up for people to see for a day. You have decided the opinions of those who don't come here daily don't even matter?

If you believe in freedom of speech, why not put this to a vote over a long enough period to let all members participate instead of pulling the same trick the government does by rushing it through. If your not willing, your motive is obvious.

[edit on 2/26/2009 by Blaine91555]

That is not how most of us are acting, let me assure you. We are simply trying to ensure that options are not closed to us.

Believe me, everyone knows the site is privately owned. You can actually see the words 'site owner' on the OPs avatar.

I do agree with your idea of a longer vote. That would be a little more sensible and thorough.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The owners NEED the PUBLIC to keep this site in existence. That is what USER GENERATED CONTENT means. Insulting and belittling probably one of the largest demographics on the internet (i.e. "druggies"), and most likely the majority of users who frequent this site and make it what it is, seems dumb to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

At a time when the REAL Topics here need public attention you would remove the credibility of ATS?

Please go back about 50 pages to see just how lame your "real" topic argument is. Funny, I've never seen anyone who's been a member for so long do such a good troll imitation. Or have you been imitating for 5 years?

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join