It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

If it is the nominee voting each other route, than no, it is not fair to vote for yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I agree the list needs to be shorter. I just don't know how this is going to work. One thing is for sure, we can not sit here bickering for 5 days about how this is going to be done. We need to do it soon.

Is everyone in agreement that we must chisel down the nominee list?

[edit on 26-2-2009 by darcon]

Yes. The list needs to be shortened dramatically.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Agreed.

I think 10 would be the most we need before voting.

link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I really do agree that those who aren't actively involved in this thread maybe shouldn't be considered, because it has been 24 hours, and with the chat closing... I think that this is an issue that needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later.

1. There are people who have not been involved in the thread today, because they have not yet signed in since yesterday.

2. Just because someone hasn't participiated in the thread today, doesn't necessarily mean that they are not interested in staying on the nomiations list. (For example: Skeppy just showed up). And Raven - aren't you in school today? I'm sure, if you didn't have spare's or breaks to check on the thread, you would want everyone else to wait for you too, correct?

3. It should be taken care of sooner rather then later, but in an organized fashion. Stop pushing- nothing good, can come from pushing.

- Carrot

- Carrot

link   
HOLD ON. I have an idea about voting, Let me write it up and post it here. Just hold everything for a second, ok?

link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well I understand but I think that's subjective to the judgement of the reader.

If the content presented, or even the opinion has some potential to it, then perhaps our judgement is unfounded.

Some guy on psychadelics come on and says. " So I was trippin' on '___', and I discovered DNA" True story, though I'm having a hard time finding his name.

I just try to take what they present for what its worth and try not to let my standards of a preferred poster to let it affect what I choose to read.

And if others are so quick to ignore something that could be potenially a gold mine, just because of some quick judgement, well then.. how are they denying ignorance you know? I ask myself, what are these people even doing on this site, the ones who are quick to jump to conclusions they hold as absolute truths and show no flexibility otherwise.

I know what your saying but I don't think I like the idea that this board has to involve itself so deeply in playing role of people's own conscience, in a manner of speaking.

Just my thoughts, don't take it as slack! I love ya all.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok gang, we have BH on board precisely to help guide us through this process.

Why don't we let her finish her lunch and hammer it out with her upon her return.

For what it is worth, I support the idea of allowing until midnight tonight for nominations and until midnight tomorrow for a private vote via U2U to BH by those whom have been nominated but excluding voting for themselves.

link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

No actual voting now.

Lets focus on narrowing the list down.

link   
reply to post by nyk537

Agreed - except it should be a mod who chooses, that cuts down on any potential popularity vote, which if it occurred would make thhis whole process pointless.

My idea then, is to get a mod or admin to choose the 6 members, who then elect a leader.

The advantage of this is that mods probably know better than any of us a members posting habits, and the likelihood that they will be a valuable (and viable) contributor to the process.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Yes. The list needs to be shortened dramatically.

How is it going to be done fairly? How are we going about doing it I mean...?

- Carrot

[edit on 2/26/2009 by CA_Orot]

link   
MOOT!

[edit on 26-2-2009 by darcon]

link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think that's a good idea, assuming we can get the list down to say...10.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I finished my classes today and I posted when I was home for lunch. I mean like, not today, but through all the pages of the thread. Like I know Daystar (who I nominated) was like, sure, I guess I will, I'm kind of interested but I don't really care. He knew the thread was here and opted not to post.

We need to narrow it down. It's not going to be fair. Maybe BH should just pick all 5 nominees. Almost all of us nominated her. So like, we should do that. Someone should just pick, but voting is going to be a disaster.

link   
reply to post by nyk537

I think it would be nice but not necessary to have the list shortened.

One way to avoid having too many people in a tie would be to limit the number of votes we each get to 3 or 4 instead of 6; then, the top person could be the DISC "leader" and could be responsible for picking between any ties.

Or, if it's too messy, the top 10 from the first vote could go up against each other again, I suppose.

@Darcon: sorry to be such a pain in the butt about the stupid list, but I think nyk should go back on.

[edit on 2/26/09 by americandingbat]

link   
reply to post by budski

I was all for Admin choosing from the list of nominees, but some didn't like that idea. So, let's see what BH comes up with.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I'm still not on that list.

Am I not to be considered anymore?

link   
We seem to be reaching a critical mass.

There is prevalent confusion regarding the objective and process - not for lack of explanation, it's just a severely diluted thread.

I would have to concur with darcon that we should consider a new thread with the specific purpose of finalizing a selection. I believe BH was going to do that anyway, so maybe we should just focus on who would like to participate.

I think darcon should be on that list. Reason? Just read the thread.

link   
I will send a U2U to everyone on the list and ask them to reply to me within 24 hours with their 6 picks. I will include the complete list. (Daystar has asked to be taken off as he/she doesn't have the time)

Reddupo
Maxmars
Cutwolf
whatukno
CavemanDD
ToTheTenthPower
DocGonzo
Frankidealist35
Unit541
Ahabstar
Anok
Loam
Jasonjnelson
tyranny22
omega85
ravenshadow13
SaviorComplex
spliff4020
N. Tesla
Schrodingers Dog
Skeptic1
Amaterasu
AllTiedTogether
budski
americandingbat
pieman
darcon
nyk537
Ridhya

Tomorrow, I will count the votes. If a person in the top 6 doesn't want the job, the next person will be chosen.

No more nominations please.

How does this sound?

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So does this mean the rest of the level headed folks here are going to have to tolerate the silly stoner babble, or not?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sounds Good!

Let this be Done Already.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join