It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I sent it to Skeptic Overlord. This is what I sent, but it may change in the details if it's accepted at all.

This thread is moving fast... so I may as well paste my response here...

The announcement thread has been up for 24 hours. By this time, anyone not providing a substantive commentary within that thread either doesn't care about discussing drugs on ATS, or isn't on ATS all that often. I think the members have their participants within the people who have already contributed (to the thread).

Really... I think the potentially most productive participants are found within those responding to this thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Hey there, thanks for the reply. I think the numbers aren't a problem anymore.

One way we might be going (If the staff approves of it) is that the nominees will be explaining their disposition and what they would bring to the table on another thread, then the nominees will vote amongst themselves(OF course your not able to vote for yourself).

The above is just one route we can go, there have been many ways discussed on how to do this, and nothing is set in stone.

New nominations are not a problem like i said before, All i ask, is that the people who are nominated, be on ATS daily, Be fair, be Willing, and have a little bit of knowledge on the subject that has been banned.

Though we may vary in different opinions, i see no reason to take you off of the nomination list. You are here now, compromising, so it does not really matter

[edit on 26-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As it's worded here I quite like this proposal. As long as there is a time period where more people can self nominate and thus have a vote if they so choose.

I hadn't realized that was to be done before, so I apologize if I misunderstood.

Carry on

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Resinveins]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Okay, I read that as "act fast but I'm not going to tell you how"

Gosh, I don't know. Now anyone who participated yesterday evening isn't online to give feedback.

How about going ahead with the same plan, but cutting down the times? Make the deadline for statements due maybe 24 hours from now, and then voting for the next 24 hours?

I think there will be a lot of disgruntled members no matter what. On the other hand, I think it'll be critical for members of the committee to be okay with the prospect of having people disgruntled at them.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
reply to post by budski

Though we may vary in different opinions, i see no reason to take you off of the nomination list. You are here now, compromising, so it does not really matter

I get the feeling that there will be a lot of compromising in this process, by all parties involved - and should a new forum or section result from this, then there will be even more compromising as we discuss (hopefully) the various ins and outs of this strictly 20th century TPTB manufactured "problem"

But I take your point and hopefully will be involved in the process in some way - my FSME duties and debating are hardly onerous enough to keep me away from what I see as a very important discussion.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Why are the chats closed? What am I supposed to do while at work?!?! You expect me to actually get something done!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Me too, i get the feeling compromising is going to be key.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I get it. I don't really need anymore U2Us about this topic. I keep hoping it's a good U2U like a new friend or applause. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Yep, compromise is usually the key to any process which is liable to bring out strong feelings in people or is controversial by nature.

You might even say it is an essential part of the process, as without it nothing ever really gets resolved.

link   

Thanks for the update, but is many ways in which this can be seen,

The board can not take the hit after making a decision.

The board is bending to the wishes of some.

The board can not make its mind as to what they should be enforcing.

I can only imagine the amount of stress that the original decision by the board took has created among the board administration.

But like I said while was a bad idea to propose a complete banning of the "offending" topic I for one will not miss the issue (unless is related to drugs companies in health care) specially now that the Politics in the nation are dictating that Americans will be able to purchase drugs over the border.

Now that I will love to discuss in related threads.

Good luck to the ATS administrating you truly doing a heck of a job to keep the board members happy.

link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

You may not need it, but i am glad that was sent out. There are many people just posting hatred. Also there are many who are missing out in this discussion.

link   

Originally posted by Wethesheeple
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Why are the chats closed? What am I supposed to do while at work?!?! You expect me to actually get something done!!!

Funny you should ask that question on this thread.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
As indicated in the message, a handful of members noticed no staff in chat, and took the opportunity to have their petty little stoner conversation.

Because of them, chat is unavailable for the foreseeable future.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems this issue is much more widespread than many of us originally thought.

Hopefully this process will help remedy this unfortunate state of affairs.

[edit on 26 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I agree, for both sides of the spectrum.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well that sucks. I appreciate the update, this thread is way too long for me to read. After page 4 ADD kicks in.

link   

In light of your post here that provides a little more information regarding the resons for this ban (especially the technical ones) , would it be beneficial to create a "suggestion box" thread to offer members a chance to provide possible solutions to this whole problem.

This thread has mainly been concerned with opinion, reactions and the organisation of the DISC commitee.

It would provide useful and additional ideas for staff and members of the DISC commitee to use in their discussions. I for one can see many possibilities and or solutions come to light now that could contribute to a final resolve of this epic dilemma.

Just an idea.

[edit on 26/2/2009 by nerbot]

link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Okay, I read that as "act fast but I'm not going to tell you how"

Yeah, me too. I have asked for clarification. But I have a feeling we need to do this among us.

I agree with Skeptic that the people are in this thread already. There's no doubt in my mind. I think we have to come up with a way of picking the 6 most qualified from the largest nomination list we have had (excluding my name) and go with that. And unfortunately, fact the wrath of the rest of the board. As he said, if they were interested, they'd have been here.

I think the largest list had 28 names (excluding me, but including darcon and pieman) and we need to get that down to 6 among ourselves, without going outside this thread. No pressure.

I have to go have lunch. Back in a few.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The announcement thread has been up for 24 hours. By this time, anyone not providing a substantive commentary within that thread either doesn't care about discussing drugs on ATS, or isn't on ATS all that often. I think the members have their participants within the people who have already contributed (to the thread).

good point, we could always just count up the number of posts everyone's made and put forward the top 6 if they wish to do it, it's arbitrary but perhaps it's as reliable as any method.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
(Updated) Nominations:

Maxmars
Cutwolf
Whatuknow
CavemanDD
ToTheTenthPower
DocGonzo
Frankidealist35
Daystar
Ahabstar
Pieman
Anok
Loam
Jasonjnelson
tyranny22
omega85
ravenshadow13
Saviour Complex
spliff4020
N Tesla
Schrodingers Dog
Skeptic1
Amaterasu
Budski

So we are picking apart the list are we

Fine by me, we need to get down to six, then i say we vote for the captain.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm really glad to see ATS compromising on this issue. I have a great passion concerning it. Like I have said before this is a site of many intelligent people and I am positive that we can figure out a way to discuss this topic without violating any T&C.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join