It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I just checked, and my $14 is still in the bank. All is well!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The Real?

Take a look

Dollar is kicking all kinds of booty

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by michael

Yeaaaa!!! Now...ya gonna go get it or invest it in the FOREX Market?
I hear you can make money there!!!

3rd

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Yeah...I answered my own question after I asked, before you did...

Now...how's that fer a conundrum!!!

3rd or 4th ?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

there is no silver lining. just personal profit. and the knowledge that this kind of thing happens sometimes. and when it does then HORRAY CUS YOU CAN MAKE BANK!

but the down side is obvious. people losing jobs and people getting scared. but in the end, the people in charge dont want it to go anywhere, because they are making so much money too!

its funny because right now, the fall of this, means someone made major bank. in order for anyone to take a profit, someone has to lose. and the majority of the time its a few people making HELLA profit and a whole lot of people losing. its the 10-90 rule. 10% of people have 90% of wealth.

the real kicker is they know whats going to happen, and even influence it to their whim because they "play" with so much money. lets say you use 1 billion dollars to trade (not unheard of with hedgefunds)

well they would throw 100mill on the market in any direction (long or short). and because they used such a heavy amount it will influence price action in the direction they wanted to go.

so now they have a profit on that 100million. then they do it again and again, and since everyone is now jumping on their bandwagon THAT in fact influences the market even more.

so you got 100m+profits1, then 100m+profits2, then 100mil+profits3 and so on until your 1billion is now 3 billion.

then all at once CASHOUT and watch the panick. its hilarious if you are demented. everyones stops get hit, and the price will shock back and forth like a trampoline.

great thing is you kind of know when these things will happen. not exactly but somewhat. if you watch your economic calendar for things like the NFP report or interest rate changes. thats when the big fish come to play. problem is; they dont always play in the same direction. you can get really high volatilities but not much price trending.

i actually run away from news reports while trading. a report can say one thing, but the market move totally against it. like in December when the nonfarmpayroll came out, and everything said gloom and doom, BUT THE DOLLAR WENT UP (wtf when i lost money) so i stay away from these things.

but in the end the market restabilizes and it starts all over again. just pray for the weekend so the banks close

it will all come back, they want it to so it has to. even if it does die (like so many currencies have before) they come right back. just trading a little higher than before

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
[

[edit on 17-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I read a report a few minutes ago (sorry if its already been touched on) that GM and Chrysler aren't expected to release their feasability reports until after today's closing bell. That makes me curious. It tells me that their reports aren't going to be looking very good.
Considering the Gov just pumped 14BILLION into their pockets, this is bad news. I wonder if we will see some sort of centralization through a merger deal. And if Obama will go ahead and appoint a Czar to look over it all.

I hate where this thing is heading.

link   
Watch the price of gold. www.kitco.com... So they say when gold goes up the value of the dollar goes down. I deal with buying and selling gold everyday.

link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
circleof13.blogspot.com...

People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.

The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party.

By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.

Sound Familiar?

Notice Who is standing behind TPOTUS these days?
In fact most of the higher up Politicians these

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just curious... will this have an effect
U.S. agents enter Stanford Financial Houston office

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Oh My, this can't be good

Allen Stanford of Stanford Financial charged with $8 Billion fraud (Madoff Jr?)

Then...

European Central Bank suspends negotiations with Allen Stanford over a new sponsorship deal following charges of fraud against him in U.S.

Source

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
look it up yourself, and if you actually knew anything about forex then you would know how funny this thread is...

Take another hit on that bong dude!
Who's the TARD?

are you packing it up hombre??
i got the spark!

thank you for saying something about that btw....TARD hahaha haven't heard that in a while.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

this is why the yen went down i think. www.reuters.com...

thats a hard hit for them. i dont know why he would resign after the yen made a come back like something from the "angels in the outfield".

oh wait... www.bloomberg.com... everything is horrible there too.

but at least oil isnt hurting them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Someone at work today told me that they saw an interview with the dude this morning and he was drunk during the interview, also...
Maybe he knows how bad it's going to get and decided to drown it in booze. I did a little of that myself last night.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No, that certainly isn't good. With the first multi-billion dollar fraud lawsuit and now this one, people are going to be getting VERY, VERY upset if this keeps up.
It is good in the long-term if it helps people to realize they are being had by the entire financial institution and it's time to build a new one. But bad in the short-term because it will cause a lot of chaos.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Looks like in exchange for the bailout money the bankers have offered to show the government how to manipulate the market so they can increase their own personal wealth at the expense of the taxpayers.

Looks like someone or some group is trying to collapse the dollar by first driving it's value up and then dumping it for a devalued foreign currency. Seems like just a way to create a favorable trading environment by creating an artificial buy low sell high and buy again low scenario. I think this is illegal, but I am no market expert.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here is a audio clip with Dr Bill Deagle talking about 800 billion amero notes being delivered to China and some other stuff you probably don,t want to hear.

www.projectcamelot.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Anti-Federalist

Maybe, but it isn't being sold yet!

Until it does, there's no way to confirm your theory

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Anybody notice yet that the links provided in the first few pages of this thread for www.tickerforum.org take you to an all pink page that says something like.....

"Forum Locked

The system is not accessible to persons in your
user classification at the present time.

The forum has regular "non-donor" lockdown periods, normally during
expected heavy load and/or volatile trading days. Gold donors are
exempt from these restrictions. See the FAQ for more information
on Gold Donor qualificatons.

Please try connecting later"

Whats up with that?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

High volume / activity trading day, normal for non subscribers to be locked out.

You can still read all the Tickers here

Sorry about that

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join