It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
in Au here, my role as banker, , please don't shun me. trade is a prblem, been monitering since wind up 11am, wited till NYSE open ssome 14 hours later, rest assured this is a serious issue. half time revealed rusia @-6% not suprised closed, potential for real meltdown is evident

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Kansas can't make payroll this month. I don't think these types of theories, civil war, are too off the mark. If people stop getting their paychecks what do you think will happen? Riots, Demonstrations, Militias - for sure.

Its not just people not getting their paychecks. Nobody is getting a dime from the state. Including health care, tax refunds, schools wont get any money from the state either.

We over here in Missouri are getting pretty nervous too. If Kansas has this problem then it could happen to all of us. For all those businesses who started taking state and local government contracts thinking it was going to be a guaranteed pay - the crap just hit the fan.

People get really pissy when they cant have what they want. Who knows what will happen. Especially when law enforcment jobs are being cut as well.

Anyway, back on subject. I just started reading this thread and it is a long one. To sum things up, is this the part where the market is predicted to fall to 3k? I heard a big financial wiz talking about that last fall.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
lol im part of it... you guys really are crazy

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
now that is strange, oil is going down, but gold is going up.

means our dollar is going up, but the fact that so many people are buying gold is making it go up more so its racing the dollar but winning.

oil and gold are 2 of the best ways to see what is happening to the dollar.

watching the pound and euro too, but their own policies are killing them right now so that isnt a good view of us.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
MAN...I hate CNBC...everytime someone says something bad, they go what sectors would you recommend? NONE ya goons!!! dang...

and Larry Kudow and his "Mustard Seeds"...oh boy....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

That's what I was wondering...why would Oil go down if it's pegged to the Dollar...but the Dollar is going up????

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
For the average joe, citizen of the USA.

Stronger dollar means lower cost for commodities from elsewhere.

Oil is going down.

Since US import more than they export it's not a bad new in first time fot the common Joe.

But, it will impact the possibility to export goods.

If you are not a US domestic, but invest in United States. You double your profit. Return on investments, and since your currency loose ground from USD, you collect both ways.

Maybe that buying frenzy over USD, is american made to attract investment in US.

I do agree, that US$ might be falling slower than counterparts since gold is up.

Many countries will default; Many currencies will crash. Faster than USD.

Something has to be done. but what ?

A new currencie; But I'm pretty sure it will be another fiat currency.

Is Lady Pelosi in Europe ? bringing the check ? Legatus : )))

Gold is 970.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I was following the thread early this morning but had to sleep
OK I just woke up whats the poop?
I don't trust the local networks Where are we?

[edit on 17-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nimrod

Great...and Baltic Dry rates are up 147% since Dec...there goes our profit...ya just can't win...

www.bloomberg.com...:IND

Edit: Euro is down 1.77% against the $...hhhmmm

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
lol im part of it... you guys really are crazy

you know what is very interesting to me.....

everyone is discussing all the possibilites throughout the thread, and the implications of what is going on......

which are ALL VALID- there IS something going on.....

But EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POST..................... are saying "everyone is crazy" and not to worry about what is going on.............

Now, if you were inserting valid reasons for your statements through links, besides, just saying you "watch the forex markets" then I am listen to your post..........

But you are not.............. the only thing I have seen from your post....... is denying ANYTHING is happening............. yet ALL markets SHOW something is happening...........

So - if you have some 'ABSOLUTE PROOF' of "No problems, please provide it.................... otherwise, just saying everyone is crazy here........... seems unreasonable.............. due to the fact...... very smart people are discussing it in a rational manner.

my 2 cents

BTW: GOLD IS SKYROCKETING AND SILVER IS BEHIND IT!!

Even though a tremendous amount of "shorts" were put on it last week.. in fact the "kitchen sink" has been being thrown at the gold price - and shorts at the 900 range.................. hhhmmmm are we going to FINALLY see Comex BUSTED SOON?????

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Not strange:
- Oil is going down because consumption forecast hit a 25 years low.
- Gold is going up because of markets instability.
- Dollar is going up because of Eastern and Asian economies in current turmoil. People are "devesting" ( opposite from investing) out of those areas.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Whoa...

REdHatty!

Just tried to update the thread from the other forum and got this....

Forum Locked

The system is not accessible to persons in your
user classification at the present time.

The forum has regular "non-donor" lockdown periods, normally during
expected heavy load and/or volatile trading days. Gold donors are
exempt from these restrictions. See the FAQ for more information
on Gold Donor qualificatons.

Please try connecting later

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The Link to Denniger's is locked down folks. How bad is that, they arent letting any info out

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I dont understand how the fall of oil has not translated into lower gas prices. A few months back when oil fell i remeber going to the pump here in lower Alabama and paying $1.55 and now oil is lower than it was at that time and gas is $1.90. This makes no sense to me.

I also hate CNBC, they always talk about sectors and what to invest in. The best way to make money is to do the complete oppisate of what those tools say.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Japan is manipulating the market to keep their export driven economy within a pegged range of values between the yen and the USD.

If this relationship slips outside the pegged OKAY deviation there are computerized triggered buys and sells with hundreds of billions of dollars.

The only thing that matters are cars.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by poling2482

I agree

Russian Stocks Tumble as Oil Falls, Economic Outlook Worsens
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just to re-iterate what someone else said about the dollar being stronger against other currencies, but being weaker overall:

If you use the Peter Schiff method of valuing the DOW in ounces of Gold, it is now worth around 7.8 ounces - was 8.5ounces on the 11th & about 40 ounces 12 to 18 months ago.

Thats some serious devaluation.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
lol you got me questioningall

because somehow what i am saying will actually influence anyone or anything let alone the markets. wow is all i can say...

lets see... i think i did provide proof silly face.

i think the proof i used was... what was it... ACTUAL MARKET DATA YOU TARD

look it up yourself, and if you actually knew anything about forex then you would know how funny this thread is...

wow retesting lows that were set 2 months ago is not a huge deal. now if we were testing lows from 2 years ago or 20 years ago... then start screaming lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Kind of sad...EU Countrys bordering on Eastern Europe markets are taking a hit also on the possibility of defaults...who's gonna bail out whom?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by poling2482

it just means that gas price is more reactive upward than downward. Also perhaps that some gas distributors are at pains at the moment to get proper financing. So they keep the price higher to make extra profit.

With guns, you call this behavious war, with price, you call it business.

To me it s all the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join