It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

My guess is that during heavy traffic times, they close the site down to people who don't pay to contribute.

Just my guess, though.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Russia 552.03 -57.28 -9.40% 02/17
Czech 651.50 -47.50 -6.79% 17:40
Austria 1480.05 -139.57 -8.62% 17:36
Sweden 647.84 -33.77 -4.96% 17:44

Looks like someones getting ready to default over there...their markets are closing now so we'll have to wait till tomorrow now...

Edit: Austria & Sweden are the ones who put upto 70% of their GDP into them..

great now Stanford Investment is the Newest Madeoff...see...all crooks...

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

Sweden put 70% of it GDP into WHAT ?

Rgrds,

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting. I remember the same thing happening in the beginning of a book I read a while back, perhaps it was a Tom Clancy novel, not sure... Anybody remember the name of the book??

Actually, now that I think about it, it could have been a Clive Cussler book...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
Anybody notice yet that the links provided in the first few pages of this thread for www.tickerforum.org take you to an all pink page that says something like.....

"Forum Locked

The system is not accessible to persons in your
user classification at the present time.

The forum has regular "non-donor" lockdown periods, normally during
expected heavy load and/or volatile trading days. Gold donors are
exempt from these restrictions. See the FAQ for more information
on Gold Donor qualificatons.

Please try connecting later"

Whats up with that?

I got exactly the same page.

I've looked at the site quite a few times, in the past, and it's never happened before.

Maybe there's just too much traffic for them to handle? Any clues anyone?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

See this post from back one page

2nd line

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks red...

Second line???????

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

another neat little bit of TF trivia...

there's a line at the bottom of each ticker

Discussion takes place at The Tickerforum Comment Zone (registration required to post)

You HAVE to register, that's free, but after that, even when the larger part of the forum is locked down, you can still read the comments in the Ticker section

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I dont know how many month's ago I said get your money out of the bank but I do remember saying it on more then one occasion. There is a good post I did on myspace about how to avoid the repo man that if you have any wealth or any money before the riots start this is a good time to read it. I am not premoting myspace or the fact you should read what I have to say but it might save your life desperate people do desperate things to survive.

Falcon

Lets games begin.

Viva la francia.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
I dont know how many month's ago I said get your money out of the bank but I do remember saying it on more then one occasion. There is a good post I did on myspace about how to avoid the repo man that if you have any wealth or any money before the riots start this is a good time to read it. I am not premoting myspace or the fact you should read what I have to say but it might save your life desperate people do desperate things to survive.

Falcon

Lets games begin.

Viva la francia.

Dude, having read your myspace blog about avoiding the repo man, I have to say

You are part of the problem, not the solution

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashGecko

And that is completely off topic.

***Removed***

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

[edit on 2/17/09 by redhatty]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So what's the latest guys? I had to take a break and seriously don't want to go back and read. Slap me if you want to.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The quality of this thread is one of the reasons I keep coming back to ATS everyday. It has been informative and civilized.

I retired in Jan. 2007. Sold my company and put half of my earnings in stocks. I began to make money and was fairly satisfied I had made a good choice.

Around August 2008 I began to get very nervous about my future in the market. In Sept.2008 I liquidated all my investments in the market. For some reason I saw this coming.

Two months ago my daughter and I invested in stocks again. This time it was live stock. I am happy to report our stock is growing everyday.

Our latest investment jump was two nights ago when one of our pregnant goats had a beautiful baby.

I have to agree with the Professor in that it is time to hunker down and buy necessary items for survival.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think I am beginning to see something of the agenda here...it all rests on 'selective' governmental bailout. Who gets the help, and who is allowed to fail. Those who are allowed to fall, will seek alternative sources, so whomever has bought USD, can sell the dollar as a temporary 'safe haven' and make a profit at the same time. The true apocalypse occurs when the dollar becomes less valued and no-one wants to buy it...and those that have, fall a long way to the floor with an almighty splat, taking American finance with it.

Europe can't draw on debt payments owed to it, because non are being payed at the moment...credit is non-existent, except as 'promissory', but who wants to accept a 'IOU' with hope (that things turn around for the better) being its only prop for short-term lending. No-one wants to lend for fear of not getting anything back.

Bailouts can only work if the currency has value, making them attractive to desire, but a run on printing devalues the currency. Bear in mind...all markets around the world are currently carrying an 'artificial' value, Which is an effect of the promise of bailout, nothing is what it seems, it is mere 'kid-ology'. This 'buying up' of the dollar returns to pre-crash ambience the value of the dollar...but as I state, the sense of the value is all in the mind, it doesn't exist in 'real' terms. How can the dollar have a value (let alone be a 'safe haven') when the very edifices it flows through required bailing out? It doesn't make sense.

Of course, if you buy the dollar, you drop all other currencies until they stabilise, but for the dollar to have any value against other currencies, they need to be stable, which they are not. Value is based upon your desire to want something. There is no value in that which you use as promissory to gain that which you desire. If you do not desire something, you don't buy it, simply because the value you place on that something is not present...in other words, you are not forwarding the promissory. Money must move around in order for it to attain (and retain) value. Thus, if debts are not paid, the knock-on effect becomes more damaging to the economy...this what we are currently seeing in job losses, pensions losses, etc. Even these losses affect the economy detrimentally, for it can only absorb a certain percentage of unemployed (whom have no discardable and usable assets with which to barter), before the strain becomes unbearable, and it then takes on its own runaway chain-reaction of destablisation.

The problem is, like an area destroyed by a nuclear blast, it recovers because of receiving help from the 'outside' not affected by the blast. Unfortunately, in this economic situation, there is no such 'outside' unaffected. Countries will eventually turn in on themselves to stabilise themselves, but not all countries will succeed in this...some will fall...ala Iceland, and probably some Eastern-bloc countries, and that is when it all fails.

Once it is known which countries are failing or going to fail, the knee-jerk reaction of withdrawing from them - as an act of damage limitation, will see refugee crises appear like famine-hit countries. Whom will take refugees seeking to escape economically-damaged countries? Borders will be closed...conflicts will break out. Domestically, riots will erupt all over the place. The future's not bright, it's not orange, but blood-red!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Social Collapse Best Practices

cluborlov.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Dollar is still strengthening against all other currencies

Bloomberg world currencies

Our market is having another bad day Over 3% decline in the big 3 indexes and even touched 4% down for a bit

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Something that may, or may not be of interest regarding the topic at-hand:

I started a new thread to avoid mucking-up this one.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Countries around the world are on the verge or are in the process of a total collapse...Its a domino effect. Bailouts, stimulus..none worked, and our Goverment knew they would not work. Feb. 1993, the Twin Towers were bombed, 9 yrs later the Towers were hit, now 9 years later, its our economy that will collapse. I would also be asking myself why is Obama in Denver today?? Because its safe..(7 floors under the airport is where our DC will be in case of some kind of horrible event) Open your eyes ppl, and prepare..for survival.
God Bless...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

Theoretically, it would make sense if China was planning to dump the dollar. They can increase the value of the dollars they already hold while lowering the prices of the things they might want to buy with those dollars before they actually make the dump.

But realistically, I'm less certain that's it. Putting America in a fix like that would be just plain dangerous. The comparisons to 1930s Germany that we always heard during the Bush years were only lacking one key ingredient: runaway inflation as a catalyst. Who in the world wants to up the danger and then roll those dice again?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join