It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Few people wrote a few book presenting historical evidence of who wrote the Bible and why. There are historical evidence, but you refuse to accept it as you feel comfortable at where you are. About the hope if a unaccountability? - look at your religion. Apparently - you forgot of who you talking to. I grew up in Catholic religion. For 6 years I attended the "Bible classes".
It is a religion of a convenience. It is ok to kill,steal,cheat and do harm to others as long as you state that you accept the Jesus and have it in you hart. Your sins will be forgiven. What a joke. Jesus was not a real person -just character in book. Your "salvation" is based on a fake person. Good going.
You can not even "keep up" with the ten commandments. Citing a verses from a fictional book -very smart.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by flyindevil

cross only realtes to jesus??? thats funny, the zodiac hqas been around a lot longer than christ and thats the true origins of the cross!!!!

its all sun worship man. all these religions were created for 1 reason.... CONTROL

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liesnomore

liesnomore,

Hey I'm not going to argue here...but please know my heart breaks when folks let 'their' limited experience dictate a complete worldview, for example 6 yrs of part-time 'bible classes' is SO limited ...that I can't see an adult basing their world on a few hours a week of some narrow teaching...

I would encouage to look more...even though you don't believe in him...HE BELIEVES IN YOU!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I exist thanks to a thing called Evolution thank you very much, but you are entitled to your beliefs and so am I. Just please PLEASE do not state something so blatantly without fact or proof, if Jesus exists and if indeed I am alive due to him, then so be it, but it would require proof and fact, (something which gladly the human race as a whole is starting to realize) for me to convert to Christ worship.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Smintheus

Smintheus,

Welcome to ATS and my thread. You are more than a survival-of-the-fittest, dog...who makes fertilizer...hope you see than some day.

God bless!

OT

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hey google HASTE THE DAY, STITCHES...youtube

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by liesnomore

...............It is a religion of a convenience. It is ok to kill,steal,cheat and do harm to others as long as you state that you accept the Jesus and have it in you hart. Your sins will be forgiven. ......

hmmmm???? What about these verses?

John 14:23-24 23Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

or....

As James says, it is not enough to "say" we have faith! Such a faith is dead, being alone, and will save no one! We have to prove that we have it by our works, obedient works.
And those works are specifically, "Obeying, Doing, Following, Keeping the word of God".

Jesus says: "If you Love Me - PROOVE IT - Keep My words!"

Father Abraham loved God above all, and God called him His "Friend"! It was for ALL of Abraham's sons, ALL having the same faith as their father that will share in the love of God… for these are "His friends"…

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." John 15:13-14

Only "His friends" are going to be found "Worthy" of His Kingdom, those who do what ever it is He commands. (and the "first" commandment is to LOVE the Lord thy God with all your heart, all your strength, all your mind and all your soul.)

I know the Lord well enough to know that "He means business in what He says", and "if" any of us are into "false teachings" of the kind that denies Jesus His rightful place (past, present, and/or future) and is out to rob us of our crown, it is because of these 2 reasons…

#1. Because we have "Little or NO Fear of God" in us!"
Or if we once had a "smidgeon" of it, then we lost the moment we allowed the enemy to influence us with "his" voice, whereby we chose to follow "him" instead, obey "his" word instead, keep "his" word instead. And that is how we lost sight and sound of the Lord and His words! We Lost our first Love!

#2. Because we do not Keep and Obey the Truth of God's word...
He brings us under judgement by allowing us to become members of doctrines and beliefs that are contrary to His word! That is why there is always so much "resistance" to the Truth out there! Because THEY DON'T DO IT, is precisely why they don't want to hear it either!
It is hard even for the "innocent" (Although no one is truly "innocent". They may be young and gullible at first -- maybe) to be brought out of the mire they've allowed themselves to be led into by "other" voices that are not God's.

"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him." I Jn 2:5

link: www.intergate.com...

The EASY-BELIEV-ISM you propose is wroing...I agree with you...this is no game....

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Science doesn't prove religion. In fact they stand in opposition most of the time.

So because there is a crucifix (a relatively simple shape that can seen in any random pattern) shaped protein in the body, it's the work of Jesus. There are countless other proteins that play an important role in the body and some others look like things to. White blood cells look like bagels, think there is something to bagels?

Then you have one passage that says "holds" in the same context as Jesus and therefore science "proving" religion. You should know there is no such thing as 'proof' in science, just in math.

You are more than a survival-of-the-fittest

Evolution is not 'survival of the fittest', a fit individual can be rendered useless when taken out of it's habitat. CD never made up that phrase but in response to it he said "survival of the most adaptable." Evolution is capable os all that we are, there is no reason to think otherwise.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
It’s a protein found in the extracellular matrix, the sheets of protein that form the substrate of all internal organs also called the basement membrane. It is the major non-collagenous component of the basal lamina, such as those on which cells of an epithelium sit. It has four arms that can bind to four other molecules, that looks surprisingly like the ________. (gotta watch short video, I can’t do it justice ok?)

Supplemental verse: Colossians 1:16, 17 “For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and IN HIM ALL THINGS ‘HOLD’ TOGETHER.”

Maybe that's why Jesus said, "take up your cross and follow me".
He's saying that the body is a "cross", and asks us to follow him to the resurrection.

Christ!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

I think its more along the line of dying to self-fishness...and serve others.

OT

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
Evolution is not 'survival of the fittest', a fit individual can be rendered useless when taken out of it's habitat. CD never made up that phrase but in response to it he said "survival of the most adaptable."

fittest?
adaptable?

You are splitting hairs...really.

Respectfully...if you have the presumption/faith to believe that time and chance and more time and chance...helped animals grow bumps, then they flapped um' and flew...more power to ya....

Occams Razor would agree an all powerful God doing that would be far more probable....

The evolutionist, God love um...is at a loss when it comes to explaining complexity...sorry...

But I do enjoy the conversation so!

OT

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Smintheus

Dude did you watch haste the day?

OT rockin'

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

fittest?
adaptable?

You are splitting hairs...really.

On the contrary the difference is significant.

The tiger is a fit animal for it's natural habitat, very much so, but it's environment is changing and it is not very adaptable and is endangered as a result.

90+ percent of all life that has ever existed is extinct because environments are constantly changing. Life is still around because it adapts, evolves and new species are formed. Most of the time anyway. Occasionally creatures like sharks and crocodiles stay relatively unchanged for ridiculously long times.

Occams Razor would agree an all powerful God doing that would be far more probable....

However, the diversity of life on Earth explained by natural selection alone is supported by Occam's razor because we can see it happening nowadays. For instance new bacteria exists that can decompose nylon. Nylon didn't exist before the 30's so life did as life does and took the opportunity to utilise the new resource.

Unless you're a microbiologist or generally an evolutionarybiologist, you can't exactly make informed decisions about how capable natural selection is.

The evolutionist, God love um...is at a loss when it comes to explaining complexity...sorry...

But that's exaclty what evolution does, explains the complexity, or diversity of life.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Different...yes....

Focus on my main point....

A lil' macro...maybe....less micro/myopic?

it about design....it doesn't just happen?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I did focus on your main point in my earlier post. A crux shaped protein in the body doesn't mean that we are alive because of Jesus. The crux is a symbol representing death globally, so it doesn't make sense that it would be used by design to support life.

Occam's Razor disagrees with you.

it about design....it doesn't just happen?

Why not? Evolution is comparable by a blind watchmaker working by trial and error over millions of years. With the natural tendency for life to change from generation to generation. --Makes sense.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ahahahhahahahhahahhahhahahhahaha.

No, science "holds" us together, not Jesus.

Jesus was more than likely a real man, he more than likely did great things.

However, if Jesus we're to be so powerful and all knowing, he would of correct the path of humanity along time ago. Especially if he can choose to come to the earth whenever he want's to bring armageddon and wrath upon those who sin.

I suppose I'm headed to "Hell" which is impossible because such a dimension existing would truthfully be evil within itself, and just because I've committed adultery, done drugs, and got a few Drunk in Publics, and I don't necessarily believe in Jesus as my one and only savior, I don't believe i should go down a fiery slide of razor blades into a walloping lava pit called hell.

By the way.

If we exist because of Jesus, then why do other planets exist.

The earth isn't flat, last time I checked.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

YeaH me tooo....

All, and I mean ALLLLLLLLLLLLl...say JC was a prophet....pretty illogical (rather stupid) really...sorry...not too nice....

See... www.abovetopsecret.com...

No similiarity with TRUTH bro...JC is LORD...or a sick liar...

No room for nice guy/prophet...if you are ready to be intellectually pure...again sorry for putting truth all up in your face....yet you seem like someone who can handle it!!!

OT, you seem very pompous. A bit overly confident in your thinking.

You see, no one can really say that they truly know anything because they, at the most basic level, can not prove anything. And I don't just mean facts. I mean ANYTHING.

"I think therefor I am."

If you can prove that statement to be %100 true, I will believe in God.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

Don't mean to...really.

The issue in that post is not a religious issue in my mind, but rather one of logic and common sense...

Here's my thinking...for a world religion to recognize JC as a good guy, must get that info from the bible...that same bible says he said he was God`(at least strongly inferred), said he said he was the son of God, other said he said it, pharisees killed him for saying it...extra biblical sources said he said it....

SO, it is inconsistent to use the bible to say he's just a prophet, but not God, when those same sources of info say he said he was/IS God...

No piety, no religious mumbo jumbo...just the facts man....

OT

PS: Ther crux of all human history, your life and my life ....is....

"Whom do you say IAM?"

:@

[edit on 26-2-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Ahahahhahahahhahahhahhahahhahaha.

No, science "holds" us together, not Jesus.

Jesus was more than likely a real man, he more than likely did great things.

However, if Jesus we're to be so powerful and all knowing, he would of correct the path of humanity along time ago. Especially if he can choose to come to the earth whenever he want's to bring armageddon and wrath upon those who sin.

I suppose I'm headed to "Hell" which is impossible because such a dimension existing would truthfully be evil within itself, and just because I've committed adultery, done drugs, and got a few Drunk in Publics, and I don't necessarily believe in Jesus as my one and only savior, I don't believe i should go down a fiery slide of razor blades into a walloping lava pit called hell.

By the way.

If we exist because of Jesus, then why do other planets exist.

The earth isn't flat, last time I checked.

Thank you for your post, although it is sadly naive...so Hitler in hell is evil? hmmm?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I for one wouldn't even want to see Hitler in hell as it is described.

Could you torture even the most evil man on the planet mercilessly? Or do you lack that "forgiveness" and compassion that you Christians claim to have?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join