It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! California controller to suspend tax refunds, welfare checks!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
OK I got to page 9 before I couldn't take it anymore and had to reply.

if you can figure out that this country has two parties with one agenda kindly STFU.

I'm from CA, Orange County to be exact.

pathetic

U2u me, I like how you think.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm in Los Angeles... I pick the greatest places to live it seems

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they talking only about State Tax Refunds, which added up is a lot of $$ that will not get put back into the economy...

Last year my State Tax refund was like $100 bucks... I know, I'm dirt poor but that would only pay for food or a couple of bills

Now if this also means Federal Tax Refund... I wouldn't doubt some kind of rioting would take place... the crime rate would definitely go up

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numb2itall
I'm in Los Angeles... I pick the greatest places to live it seems

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they talking only about State Tax Refunds, which added up is a lot of $$ that will not get put back into the economy...

Last year my State Tax refund was like $100 bucks... I know, I'm dirt poor but that would only pay for food or a couple of bills

Now if this also means Federal Tax Refund... I wouldn't doubt some kind of rioting would take place... the crime rate would definitely go up

STATE tax refunds, welfare, etc. Not the Fed tax.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I live in southern New Mexico which seems to be a place growing in popularity for Californian escapee's. I would come here if I lived in Cali. Honestly so far it is good for my business, because I have a carwash, and Californians seem to like to baby their cars!!

The only thing that worries me is if it goes Mad Max over there, we will be among the first to notice. We are the next stop after Phoenix and Tucson, on I-10.

In the LA riots in 1992, we all saw what is possible in Cali.

Anyone that is from Cali I have a couple of questions for ya.

1) At what point will you abandon all and just leave, as in I am sacrificing all I own to escape with my life, and where to you plan to flee if this is the case?

2) Do you really think that this situation is going to result in civil unrest in the short term?

3) Do you feel that this will result in business as usual for most, but people that rely on gov't handouts will be severly affected, or do you think that charity in your communities will allow for the crisis to be averted completely?

Thanks, and God bless you all, you are in for some rough times.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thank you Alpha

Though it is a crappy deal for everyone else, I think I can get by with an IOU for a $100 bucks...

I will just have to make the belt a little tighter...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Of course, when you think that your mother and your sister and your daughter aren't working longer hours and harder already looking after children that need them, and when you disrespect them like that, don't bother going near one again. Because people like that don't even deserve to be in the presence of a woman. The most important job of the race is raising the young and its hard work, stressful, long hours. My grandfather who owned his own logging company and worked long hours, once was laid looking after the kids, and grandma went out to the packing house. He was back to work in no time. Never again did he ask my grandmother what she did all day? He told his crew, you dont want to do that, its crazy. It never ends. He used to tell my grandmother what a good kid she was, all his life!
Well, its the same single or married!!!! And children are the future. Not too many women actually have unending energy and health to burn candles at all ends. Lack of caring, supportive environments for children turns out delinquents that again cost the society in 6 digit numbers.

In response to this I must say, my choice to stay at home and raise my children instead of having them in daycare when they were little is just why I am so poor now. I was able to be part of the work force for a lousy 5 years before my back went and I had to have my lumbar reconstructed. I get very tired of people not valuing the role that mothers play in their children's lives. I was a stay at home mother, with an autistic child and another with severe learning disabilities and other issues. I did a pretty good job with those kids, who knew divorce would be in the picture????

Things will be very hard for the poor, the disabled, the elderly and those that need that bit of help....the working poor.

To the poster from Europe with the very nasty attitude about those who are going to be affected, perhaps you should find some compassion, it is a wonderful quality.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I know some of you are thinking 100 bucks big deal, I can do without for now and go on with your lives. But that is the attitude they are hoping for. Once you let governement withold money or deny you what you are owed, they will not stop there. I have to believe everyone who says this is only the beginning because it is. There is nothing different about what is happening now and what happened in 1776- taxation without representation. Anyone remember the outcome of that??? You are being taxed, and over taxed in some cases and you are eligible for refund of such money regardless of how small it is. You should not be denied it. It is the same as just taxing somebody for the hell of it............

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numb2itall
Thank you Alpha

Though it is a crappy deal for everyone else, I think I can get by with an IOU for a $100 bucks...

I will just have to make the belt a little tighter...

Always remember what your governor says when asked, "What is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

It isn't the money as much as the lost trust. If you don't pay your bills you get evicted. If you don't pay you starve. There is no difference in intent. The landlord wants his money and has no interest in your sorted tail of hard times. Here the reverse is happening. Your government has screwed the pooch!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

Well the Tea Party was before '76 and this is not taxation w/ out representation. It is the government itself that has essentially gone bankrupt. They will not pay the returns as of Feb1st. It is a breach of contract and about as bad as 9-11. It is the end of the industrial era.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
reply to post by Asherah

How about you sell some of that silver and pay your bills, maybe if you didnt spend all your money on food for a year then you might have something for the electricity company.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Europe]

To sell off the silver . Well this particular type of silver is a ionized solution . very small traces of silver is in it . Its had medical value only it works a a anti viral anti bacterial it will kill bugs other thing wont Dr. do at times prescribe a silver based ointment or have swabbed nasal cavities with a silver based ointment .

So this is not a commodity silver it is a therapeutic solution .

If this person bought it the food in the span of a month yes it was foolish but with us our stores we put back took years to do .

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Where I live our kw/ hr rate has gone up near 70 % in the last year our natural gas has doubled price / term . That is with 2 of the nations larger coal power plants and in one of the nations larger gas field with in 100 miles . The whole sale cost of nat gas is record lows but my bill price / therm has not dropped a cent . And I feel we are getting --------- you fill in the word .

Where I live 1 gal milk has gone from $2.99 to $ 4.49
bread from $.99 to $1.59 to $1.99
ground beef .$1.99 /lbs to $2.59 -2.99 / lbs
can goods from $.50- .99 to $1.29 - $1.79 .
just a sampling but the pay check has not increased you add it up !

Normally I am all for paying my own way and happy with the service from the utility companies . But recently it has changed . With water we went threw a dry spell and were told to conserve conserve to save water them when the crisis was over we go a 50 % increase the following year for water /1000 gallons

If out true rate of inflation is in the single digits we would be seeing a lot lower increase of basic utilities and food items .

We are getting squeezed from all sides . When we see states governments in trouble especially ones like CA it does not bode well for our future .

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

In answer to some of your questions- I think this is going to cause huge civil unrest.Take away basic needs from the poorest and what do you think will happen? Revolt!
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and this will have a huge impact on the community. I don't think charities will be able to keep up with the needs, I think crime is going to rise as people resort to other methods to get money to survive.
Do I plan on leaving? No because my friends and family and church family are here and will need help. Moving away will not help them, staying and trying to find answers to the growing economic crisis is what they need.
I was born and raised here, and don't plan on bailing.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It all seems to be coming true. I wonder how much longer I have to be a windbag before the hardliners listen?

Because this will destroy them too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit to add this prediction

Within two weeks. The default tsunamis will begin. Mark my words.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum

See entitlements only work when the economy booms.

It seemed to me from reading the article that more than half, 2 billion out of 3.7 billion, are NOT entitlements. They were tax refunds.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness

Originally posted by Europe
reply to post by Asherah

How about you sell some of that silver and pay your bills, maybe if you didnt spend all your money on food for a year then you might have something for the electricity company.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Europe]

To sell off the silver . Well this particular type of silver is a ionized solution . very small traces of silver is in it . Its had medical value only it works a a anti viral anti bacterial it will kill bugs other thing wont Dr. do at times prescribe a silver based ointment or have swabbed nasal cavities with a silver based ointment .

So this is not a commodity silver it is a therapeutic solution .

If this person bought it the food in the span of a month yes it was foolish but with us our stores we put back took years to do .

Lost, I gave you a star for your post. You're the only one, besides me it seems, to have noticed that dumb-a$$ remark Europe made about "sell off all that silver" comment

Colloidal Silver is a naturopathic health supplement.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Just to put this into perspective and buffer the fear mongering -

Currently 92.8% of the workers in the United States are still working at their normal jobs earning what they earned before. We are still paying our bills and living the same.

Now if we could just get the Illegals to go the hell home the rest of us could have a job too. Think about it.

Now we return to AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! California is bankrupt the whole country is doomed!!! Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only jobs the illegals are taking are the jobs Americans don't want anyways.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"OMG!" I'm tired of members surfing news aggregate sites and copying and pasting to ATS!!!!!!

We're smarter and more well informed than that. Flame me. Ban me. Whatever...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

Huh? Do you pay attention to the world around you? There is NO SUCH THING as a job Americans won't do. Especially these days. That, and I say this as a LEGAL immigrant, is the reason that illegals are given a pass to the front of the line. And it is a weak excuse for cutting in front of me.

Still mulling paperwork for my green card, and I'm a political refugee. They hop the damned border and everyone turns a blind eye.

No illegal should be able to cut to the front of them line just because of some myth that there are jobs out there that Americans don't need or won't do.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

Well the Tea Party was before '76 and this is not taxation w/ out representation. It is the government itself that has essentially gone bankrupt. They will not pay the returns as of Feb1st. It is a breach of contract and about as bad as 9-11. It is the end of the industrial era.

What will be the next era?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I live in southern New Mexico which seems to be a place growing in popularity for Californian escapee's. I would come here if I lived in Cali. Honestly so far it is good for my business, because I have a carwash, and Californians seem to like to baby their cars!!

The only thing that worries me is if it goes Mad Max over there, we will be among the first to notice. We are the next stop after Phoenix and Tucson, on I-10.

In the LA riots in 1992, we all saw what is possible in Cali.

Anyone that is from Cali I have a couple of questions for ya.

1) At what point will you abandon all and just leave, as in I am sacrificing all I own to escape with my life, and where to you plan to flee if this is the case?

2) Do you really think that this situation is going to result in civil unrest in the short term?

3) Do you feel that this will result in business as usual for most, but people that rely on gov't handouts will be severly affected, or do you think that charity in your communities will allow for the crisis to be averted completely?

Thanks, and God bless you all, you are in for some rough times.

This has been discussed numerously with my roomies... If we can get out at all, we would head NE, most of our families live out that way, so we would do our best to reach 'em for as long as that took... unless we find someplace we could take stock for awhile

Remains to be seen, I make very little to live on and I don't think it's gonna kill me but then again I'm not on welfare or blind etc.

Biz as usual for most I assume, the homeless are ignored on a daily basis out here...
As for the Gov. Handouts, yup!! They are gonna be affected and I also think the charities will play their part as well... but it's gonna be messy

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join