It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! California controller to suspend tax refunds, welfare checks!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

don worry I stay until 12, last night because I could not get off this thread either.

And to think that this was already going on since October last year.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Not being a great researcher like so many of the ats board members I did a quick search. This is a link to a pdf that shows the amount the US spent on foreign aide, programs and administration of said funds. Here is a bot more of the reason why we are going broke ladies and gentlemen. (of course the Fed and funny money are all part of this mess).

I would think that before we deprive our own citizens of their immediate needs, wages, tax refunds, disability and retirement, slashing health care.....perhaps we could let some of the world take care of themselves for a bit while we try to save our own butts.

www.usaid.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Bail Out Plan:

1) Allow the Federal Reserve (a private bank) to create more FIAT $$

2) Allow the Federal Reserve (a private bank) to disperse that money to all of the businesses that had the politicians who are beholden to them authorize the bail out plan to begin with.

3) Use that money any way they want for any thing they want at all while none of it reaches the people.

4) Party down!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Very interesting that you bring this because today that topic of US help aid to the rest of the world even when we are going down the hill became my husband and I morning coffee topic.

Yes one of the main things US needs to do is stop all the wasted money that goes oversea to help the so call friends that will have no problem turning their backs to us as soon we go down.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OK I got to page 9 before I couldn't take it anymore and had to reply.

if you can figure out that this country has two parties with one agenda kindly STFU.

I'm from CA, Orange County to be exact. look at an electoral map and you will see that OC is a large splotch of red in a sea of blue. OC is also one of the hardest hit areas during this financial crisis and just laid off scores of county and city employees. weird how a 'conservative' area is doing just as badly, if not worse, as all the 'lefty' areas of the state.

I'm nearly 40 and since I started voting I can only recall one democrat governor...gray davis. he lost his job, and nearly his head, because he was not smart enough to figure out that Enron was raping CA with an imaginary energy shortage; the repercussions of which are still being felt. a special election was held to get rid of him and get the Governator in office.

the same goes for the US Presidency. TWO democrat presidents my entire life.
yet 'right-minded Americans' will always find a 'lefty' somewhere to blame for all their woes. I believe Anaheim City Council has a janitor who votes Green Party...let's get him!

it saddens me to see so many ATSers play by the script and blame a political party and those least able to defend themselves from political blame game...immigrants who are taken advantage of by corporations who are OBLIGATED to increase profit anywhere they can. this includes getting the cheapest labor possible.

the immigration issue can be solved easily and quickly by simply enforcing laws already on the books: punish companies who hire illegals. that does not happen.

example:
I was dating a girl from Mexico City who came to OC on a student visa and never left. did I care? no, she was hot...I likee the latin womens.

there is a major lockmaker (Quickset Locks) with a distribution center in OC which employed her in packaging. all their product was shipped in from China and repackaged for distribution by mostly illegal immigrants. one day when showing up to work she was greeted by security and her manager and given her last paycheck and told to go home immediately along with 90% of her coworkers.

why? because management had gotten a call saying that the site was getting a 'surprise' visit from immigration officials. not only was the company tipped off about the 'surprise' visit...they knew exactly who to let go. a week later many of her friends were hired back but she had found a job elsewhere already.

go ahead...blame immigrants and 'lefties'...it just can't be massive tax breaks that retail chains get for setting up a new store. Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart can't be expected to foot the bill for infrastructure changes to water and power needed for their new superstores! Disneyland can't be expected to pay for the brand new 3-lane offramp that leads directly into their new parking lot from Interstate 5 freeway! no way! Disney built a brand new theme park in their old parking lot and needed infrastructure changes to make the new one more accessible. the city of Anaheim even gave them two blocks of what used to be public road and wants more.

it just can't be the money the governator throws at the hydrogen fuel pipedream. California Hydrogen Highway Network initiative is Ahnold's baby. "da hydrogen fuel is da foocha"

nope...can't be those things. it just can't be that business and politics are deep in each other's backsides.

let's round up the gypsies and jews and put them in camps! oops...I mean lefies and immigrants.

pathetic

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Let me tell you something I read on-line, that Soros and others started this financial crisis to get his guy elected, thinking they could reign it in, but instead it snowballed out of control, into something they never anticipated, we shall see.

Maybe I read it here, I can't remember, but it struck a cord.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's probably been said already (if not the ATS community are slackers)

the Californians should form the 'first wave' of migration to Alaska...
Why.... because residents of that state share in the petroleum profits
the state receives, and oil energy is not likely to completely evaporate.

last i heard, a resident in Alaska gets a gov't check for ~ $2,000.

talk-about-a-new-"ca$h-ru$h of 2009"
which could eclipse the historical Alaskan gold rush
hey, it could happen

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
Look for a mass exodus of residences leaving the state of Calif. Where will they go? Where they can obtain food and shelter and social services until they drain those other states. I look for more prosperous states to actually close their borders to prevent from being overrun by individuals looking for food shelter and social services that are not their own state residents........

Look for the implementation of martial law. Look for for armed guards cuising the streets. Look for people being unlawfully detained and abused. look for T the STHTF.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by NightSkyeB4Dawn]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Sarah would never stand for an invasion of Cali's! She is a good shot, you better head north armed...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

why don't you go to hell and just leave this forum alone

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Is it too late to build a fence around California?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
As someone who lives in California, all I can say is....

good.

The state has plenty of money. The problem is that there are many, many state workers getting paid way too much.

Example: A public school teacher can average around 60k a year.

Typical knee-jerk, non-thinking, agenda loaded response. You begin by attacking the teachers, not the State Legislators who are responsible for this mess. They haven't passed a budget, yet the STATE LEGISLATORS ARE STILL GOING TO RECEIVE PAYCHECKS while they let the poor and needy have I.O.U. which isn't going to put food on the table nor provide much needed medicine in the mean time.

The teachers have absolutely NOTHING to do with this situation. You are wearing your ultra right wing "privatize everything" agenda on your sleeve.

Why are you protecting the guilty and attacking the innocent?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
We, the people of California, put global warming theories ahead of people.

That's not really true. 'Spare the air' days, when wood can't be burned, is for the health of PEOPLE, especially those who have respiratory issues.

Back to topic...

I am disabled, unable to work, living in Cali. I can barely get through the month on what I get, if they stop my check it will make me homeless, I have no reserve cash at all. I can't live on the street anymore, I've done it when I was healthy, but now I have a fractured spine, a herniated disk, fibromyalgia, and pancreas problems. All due to my service for this country BTW. What are people like me supposed to do?

If this happens the world might not end for you, but it might as well for me.

Can I give my landlord an IOU for my rent? Or the guy at the store for my food? How about my phone bill?

And whoever said it's because of Calis LEFT WING policies need to get an education! Cali is about as left wing as hitler was. The gov in Cali represents the wealthy and corporations that bankroll them, cons and demos, and give them good jobs when they're done screwing us over. They don't care about the working class and the poor, as usual we get hit first. Cali is no different than any other capitalist state.

First thing they did was raise sales tax, which directly effects the poor, the wealthy not so much. Next the per-child income tax exemption reduced by two-thirds. A shift from progressive to regressive taxation. Now...

There is so much more they could do...Raise taxes on the top earners, ban wasteful out of state contracts, release non-violent drug offenders from prison, end parasitic private health insurance, and enact a universal single payer care plan, end the stranglehold of big money on Sacramento and enact proportional representation, take the cap off of property taxes for corporations...

But no, we the poor will take the brunt of this as usual, because it's our own fault we're poor

Will someone please reserve me a door way somewhere?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Sorry I had to leave last night.

I just wanted to say that you made a good point.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It always falls on the backs of the poor and the working class poor.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I tried to write something earlier on this thread, in response to someone whose attitude told me everything I needed to know about why this world is the ugly hellhole it is. But I would have been banned for doing so.

What this amounts to is the selfish mad max survivalists, throwing a blind child to wolves to get away.

What this amounts to is a complete lack of understanding of the political system, and the cost of programs, and the real cost of lack of programs, in other words, a brainwashing that ignores statistical numerological facts to make you accept the ugliest, starkest country of extremes without social programs or rights, so that you are serfs and slaves. The cost of doing so is much higher than the programs that make your lives well, programs that instead of being reduced, should have been above the poverty line incomes, with many perks thrown in. Its what paying taxes is about, seeing them boomerang back into your lives, and your childrens lives, not the fascist leaders. They spend more money not providing them, than providing good ones.

Studies in my country have been done as to the cost of homelessness on the system. Its exuberant, might as well have been a yuppie to have cost the system into the 6 digits per year, than a guarantied income would. One child in foster care or the system, costs 40,000 per year.

Oh, it doesnt if you just kill them all, kill all the women who have children, after all if your daughter isn't kept under a veil and treated as property and ever has sex once, it can destroy her life. Children don't count, who are they anyway?
Dogs are more important. SUV's. A night out. The football game. Shoot the elderly, and the handicapped. That way, the cost of providing equity, and living in a civilized country with much better services than yours, (hell, even your faulty health care system costs your government more per person than ours does, yet we're covered!) won't cost the system more by lack of services in foster parents, prisons, and in many other ways. Just shoot them all and get it over with.

Of course, when you think that your mother and your sister and your daughter aren't working longer hours and harder already looking after children that need them, and when you disrespect them like that, don't bother going near one again. Because people like that don't even deserve to be in the presence of a woman. The most important job of the race is raising the young and its hard work, stressful, long hours. My grandfather who owned his own logging company and worked long hours, once was laid looking after the kids, and grandma went out to the packing house. He was back to work in no time. Never again did he ask my grandmother what she did all day? He told his crew, you dont want to do that, its crazy. It never ends. He used to tell my grandmother what a good kid she was, all his life!
Well, its the same single or married!!!! And children are the future. Not too many women actually have unending energy and health to burn candles at all ends. Lack of caring, supportive environments for children turns out delinquents that again cost the society in 6 digit numbers.

Governments don't try to save your money when they do heartless things, but instead try to take away your empowerment. Norway is empowered! It has the highest standard of living in the world, the best education and substantive equality for women and children.

I wish well for anyone. If I saw a family in need of a place to stay near me, I'd offer them my home. I can't bear to think of anyone suffering, but you know what, I don't care what happens to people who only think of themselves.

If you want to throw the blind child to the wolves to get away then you're not worth saving. You're not worth the fight to stop nwo. Earth is doomed! Its on an ugly mad max patriarchal trip, and its not worth saving unless it shows a heart and looks after its own. A country that doesn't look after its own has no honor.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
there are better things to pay for than grants for students and the likes, such as police, firefighters, hospitals and such.

You do realize that if 3.7 billion dollars is removed from an economy it has a more profound impact than just some students missing out on grants, dont you?

That 3.7 billion dollars that will not be spent on rent, groceries, gas, clothes, cars, etc. Which further weakens retailers, possibly driving those already weakened out of business. Which lowers demand for manufactured goods, and transport services, etc. Which can create job loss across all of the aforementioned segments of the economy. Which further lowers the available cash for purchasing goods, etc. And around and around you go.

Granted all these things dont/wont happen overnight, but they are all interconnected. I am always amazed at how blithely someone will pooh pooh a problem as happening to some insignificant portion of society when we are all linked to one another much more than many realize.

This may not suggest imminent doom, but it is a really bad sign of what could be to come.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

When the government becomes insolvent

1 a (1): unable to pay debts as they fall due in the usual course of business (2): having liabilities in excess of a reasonable market value of assets held b: insufficient to pay all debts c: not up to a normal standard or complement : impoverished

The faith and trust in the system is gone. That means there simply is no government. So, one possibility is anarchy and yet another is revolution. Regardless the old system is gone s a result of insolvency (bankrupt). Think about your payroll deductions on your W-2. The government takes out more than enough and then you receive a refund for the difference. Well that is not going to happen in California. So, the trust is broken!

Survival is what real life is about and I mean survival of the fittest. That has nothing to do with joining a gym but everything to do with getting through this. There will be loss of life and suffering.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

See entitlements only work when the economy booms. Busts simply mean that demand exceeds supply. So, in a squeeze entitlements get cut so the weakest die-off and then son on and so forth. Real life is more Dog eat Dog than anyone wants to admit. History is going to repeat itself here and we are going to simply live or die. Every man for himself kinda stuff!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join