It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! California controller to suspend tax refunds, welfare checks!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
No wonder Gerald Celente predicts a tax revolt and years ago I saw videos of the US Army training to quell riots in which the troops playing the part of the people were shouting something about wanting food and medicine...

The IMF also predicted riots and the College of War of the Army predicted something along those lines.

Come February things will turn really nasty, I think. As far as I know, before the Summer ends, the US government will declare itself in bankruptcy so that the solution will be...........

The North American Union.

Kiss your CHANGE good bye.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Relax buddy,

I'm not here to debate you on this for I really do not care much about it, so I'm not going to invest a lot of time just to please you. I have a sister that fits this scenario to a tee, so I need to look no farther than my own family.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Ok guys...stroll back to a bit of history. Here is what I posted early last year. Anyone thinks this might be engineered?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It may be all "subjective" but it seems to have some merits.

I could not help but post an update to that thread. Wow, you really hit it right on so far. Maybe this is why the tone of the political races changed about then.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I understand the services that my taxes go to pay for, and I'm not complaining that I pay taxes. I was asking how is the poor getting screwed and those who make an ok living are getting everything. My point is I pay a good chunk of money and I don't think I'm being screwed, but someone who pays zero taxes (well very small sales tax) is getting screwed.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
You know, things always happen first in California and spread to all parts of the great USA, like Trends, Fads, Fashion, economic collapse, Riots, Holocausts, and don't worry Governor Arnold has lots of expereince with that in his acting Carreer, i am sure he will act his way right to his Bunker with the rest of the Kennedy clan.

Obama will have to do something with Cali's 50 billion debt then, if they are unable to pay WELFARE checks!!!! Without those votes Obama would have had to spend billions more on his Campaign he got from Hollywood, and frankly, if that happened, Hollywood would have way less money for Hookers and Crack, yup, Hookers and Crack. And we all know that the WElfare vote is what got Hollywood to keep all its Whore money, to keep the economy of Las Vegas and Dubai going. Yup whoring.

Obama knows how to get the whore and crackhead Hollywood money, but can he actaully deliver to the poor, in his grand Nanny state?

Just a view from Ontario, Canada
riight

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

To what end?

Even if they acquire the skills and/or the will to work, that is no guarantee that they will Get Work! unless somebody hires them!

Would you, as an employer, be likely to hire some one who was essentially coerced into applying for a job with your firm because they risked losing thier family?

Would you trust such an employee?

To the end they come off of welfare and actually add to society than always taking away. Also since the pot of money for welfare is limited then I would rather see less people needing it so more of the money could go to those who are physically or mentally unable to work.

And if an employer objected to this kind of "Affirmative Action" policy, would the Government be acting in the best interests of the taxpaying citizens by Requiring employers to give hiring preference to welfare recipients ahead of all other applicants?

Ok some of you are saying they can't get a job, while others are saying they need to apply for 40 jobs per month and put in 35 hours per week to socal services to keep getting the money.

I don't care if they pick up trash on the highways or other needed jobs, but I do not see millions on welfare putting in 35 hours a week towards anything. I also would think after two months of applying for 80 jobs without getting a single one there is something that needs to be done. That is also most likely 80 minimum skill jobs too, so what do you do, and how much of the problem is the apathy of the person?

Whether the support is direct, in the form of welfare and General Assistance, or indirect, as in additional costs for police, emergency medical assisatence and prisons, the taxpayers, such as yourself, will pay for such a program.

I don't mind a program that has an end to it...

And seriously, you would have the State remove some one's children because they couldn't meet an employment standard?

No, someone who is unwilling to help themselves in anyway, and would rather live a crappy life on welfare checks than lift a finger to improve their life and the life of their kids.

I'm sorry but there are many who have children and can't afford to take care of even themselves, and I have a sister like that. I would rather see those kids in a more stable environment. Yes, it sucks but what do you do?

Furthermore, such action would be counter-productive to the cost-cutting purpose of your plan. Who would then pay for the support of the children so impounded?

Get people off of welfare who are on it because of apathy, so that more money is available to yes, take care of their kids, and to take better care of those who really cannot work.

I truly hate paying for those who live a life of one bad choice after another, I pay for it, their kids pay for it, and society pays for it.

But the old saying is true in you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink. I’m not sure what to do, but I can tell you I’m not going to blame those who actually work hard in saying they do not pay enough taxes…

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
The problem that faces many on welfare is that they can't find a job that pays better than welfare: no small consideration when you have children. Losing welfare means also losing medical coverage: would YOU take a pay cut AND lose medical AND have no guarantee that the job you are taking will last more than a few weeks or months AND risk being denied when you re-apply for assistance? If you had children would you put them at risk for a minimum wage job?

I think you are proving my point of endless welfare. I also have said we need to fix it. We can't have someone actually have a worst life off of welfare than on it. I would accept that a person needs to have at least a minimum wage job so that they would need reduced welfare.

I have two childern and a big part of what I do is for them to have a great chance in life. I do not see others with the same convictions for their kids.

So we have California, big state taxes, big properity taxes, high sales tax, tolls etc. How much more do we bleed from the working class?

California is broke and it seems most people's answer to it is to go after those nasty rich for more, this is why I jumped into this.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
hmmmm..cut off the money to the already poor and needy..
mass panic sets in...martial law in effect....military comes in.....thousands are killed before Arnold steps in and restores order....

Is this Arnolds new movie?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So they taking away the money from the disabled and elderly as well? There is no way they can do that legally. I live on disablity and they tell me if make an additional $100/month then I will have a huge medicaid spend down, have to pay $100 for medicare and all my food stamps will be taken away. It is sad that they tell us we can't work or we lose our benefits yet they can just suspend these payments. These people may die without the help. The disabled and elderly have been suffering for years why make it worse on them? Why can't they increase taxes on the rich or cut down government salaries that are over $100,000 per year? I am also a full time college student my loans have been cut and I lost my grant. I live in Missouri. I hope they do not do this to me as well. I am getting my degree so I can teach online courses and get out of this system.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I don't know where you get your info but 4 years ago when I had to get welfare, which is called general relief here was only $141, and you might be approved for rent help but the would only be another $250 or so, and with a typical room costing $600 - $700, well that's not that much help at all, is it? That was really much more trouble than it was worth for me. So where ever you came up with $800 something was misinformed, which happens quite frequently here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

7 MILLION Americans starved to death during the "Great Depression" and that does not account for people that were killed or died through disease. After WW2 the Americans let millions of Germans starve to death in France. Depression does not mean that we are just going to have money problems. A Depression indicates a period of contraction of everything about humans. Our population will contract over time like during the Great Depression.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

it's what they do anyway

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

If you search the internet for seed banks, there is one that is specifically designed for container gardening in apartments. Forgot what the sight is but I found it just by searching survival seed banks.

Don't mean to be off topic but since some of the discussion has been how to prepare and take of yourself, I thought this might be helpful.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Firstly, let me recognize that the repercussions of this are most assuredly negative; people are unlikely to respond well when their safety net is taken away.

However, all these programs, every one of them which distributes money to the people from the Government are exactly what has crippled America.

The Entitlement mentality.

I work in a field which involves money and people applying for it. Ninety percent of these people have the audacity to believe that they deserve free money, that it is their right to receive free money, and that they should be given free money.

And this doesn't just extend to only money, it extends to expected attitudes. You cannot behave certain ways or else you will upset the customer, you cannot say what you feel because it would upset the customer. People expect you to smile and take their crap every hour of the day, even when they are terrible people.

There are people that throw pity parties for their free money, attempting to lay guilt trips on myself and my fellow employees because they have dying family members, their son has cancer or something else. Do I feel for these people? If their story is true, yes, it is terrible what they are going through.

BUT THEY DON'T DESERVE FREE MONEY. They are not entitled to it, and they shouldn't go around spending the damn money before they even receive it. They shouldn't plan on having it, they shouldn't expect it as if it is a god given right.

Times are hard for everyone, and if I OK one person's situation, I'd feel more guilty for denying someone else's in the past.

People need to wake up to the fact that they don't deserve one damn thing from anyone. Nobody owes you ANYTHING, including the government. Not your children, not your parents, not your friends, not your family, not your workmates, not your boss.

Nobody owes you anything. That is why you should be grateful and gracious when people show you kindness, and be thankful for what IS given to you out of free goodwill and compassion.

And don't expect your meal ticket will be there forever; there's no such thing as a free lunch.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
For now this is a 30 day delay. www.sco.ca.gov...

Californian's need to wake up to the fact that these are the elected officials that we put into office. We also need to take responsibility for the measures we approve. We keep spending money we do not have. We keep sending the same elected officials to office who do not have our best interest in mind....And we will say to them save us from ourselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Tax refund checks are an entitlement? I thought those were an OVERPAYMENT! Gosh was I ever wrong to not realize that getting my own money back was an ENTITLEMENT
I should have had them take out extra so I could have done more to help out! Thanks for getting me back on track!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Since you exquisitely missed my point, I will not go into the fact that I think the people should be taxed less.

Next time, try not to bring your own biases into the words I type.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Since you exquisitely missed my point, I will not go into the fact that I think the people should be taxed less.

Next time, try not to bring your own biases into the words I type.

The California State Gov has indicated that as of Feb 1, 2009 they will not process the 2008 tax returns!!! Now you want to talk about entitlements. That money was deducted from my pay during 2008 as an OVERPAYMENT. I will instead get an IOU!! You don't have to worry about your point regarding entitlements since the government took a direct tax from our pay and of all things is not going to be giving that money back timely.

There you have it California is insolvent! I assume they intend to continue to collect taxes but when I used to trust that my overpayment would be returned to me it made a difference. With no trust nothing matters and so Arnold and his crew need to be removed from office by hook or crook! Arnold supports the millions of illegal aliens that many of made it through his failed state! I can go on but it will only raise my blood pressure.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Does this mean I could give out IOU's to others or the tax portion? Could this IOU be a new currency/tender?

Of course take from the needy so they have the Fed's looking their way and stepping in by infusing it with more tax payers dollars without the state even looking into cuts... Making it dire shortens any chance for negotiations...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Steal.

It's all going to plan.

Disorder = martial law.

Yes, I am afraid that you are right on.

And to the poster who said there are better things to spend money on than students I have to ask, did you miss the part about the blind and disabled? What about all the families with children?

maybe they shouldnt have had so many kids if they cant afford them...i live in southern california, i cant tell you how many families i see with 4 or more children, driving around in a pickup truck, living in a shack and wondering where it all went wrong...

its called survival of the fittest, if you cant hack it then get out. soo many illegal immigrants are killing this state. the california dream is ruined and the dirt* they brought with them to this great state is playing a MAJOR role.

*and by dirt, i mean the gangs, drugs, etc. its killing this state and our country

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join