It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Under Investigation, in the US, For My Political Views!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

When I went to a gun class that was taught by a police officer, he had a lesson that dealt with shooting someone in self defense. The first thing he told us was to cooperate, but remain silent. He said there is a difference to cooperating and remaining silent. Cooperation means going to the station with the officers (probably in handcuffs) and getting processed for the interview room.
The first words out of a potential defendant should be: I WANT A LAWYER. He made it quite clear that the police were not our friends and would turn things we said around. We all have a right to a lawyer and can tell them exactly what happened. Even if what we did was 100% correct in the eyes of the law, it was wise to get a lawyer. The lawyer also would know what questions to answer and others you don't have to answer.

That was from a police officer who still worked on the force. That is another reason I will not speak with authorities, but will ask for a lawyer. I do not want my words turned around on me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Did this investigator give you a business card? Can you call to verify (nothing wrong with that) that the person was who they said, and ask for details of what you did to be investigated?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This is just a suggestion, but perhaps you should take advantage of the monstrosity that is homeland security.

Report this person as a possible terrorist to homeland security. (the numbers and websites are everywhere)

He probably looked Arabic didn't he? Even if he didn't, know you know why his terror group picked him for the mission.

You might even have one of the new "Blond Haired Blue eyed Terrorist" that Fox has been telling us about.

Surely it is the duty of us all report such suspicious individuals....

**OK being serious: you should report him as the other members have said.

He could very well be an operative from another country or a terrorist group. Wither way it is good to let as many Agencies and officials know what has happened here.

*Contact your Sheriff and let him know that an Operative is in his Jurisdiction, Give him all the details. The Sheriff is the Most powerful person in the county and he will be glad of your call. Let us hope then that your sheriff is a Constitutionalist and a true American.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Because of my social status and being that I am very popular I feel safer than most.

How does social status and popularity make you safer, safer from what?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i would have answered truthfully as well, they can find out what they want they ask you to see what you will say. the answers they get determines if they leave you alone or persue you further. you did the right thing. but they will keep watching you for sure.

i just hope they dont come looking for me

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

The Sheriff is under state agencies....

And Actually the Game Warden has more power than the Sheriff, he can arrest the sheriff.... :-D

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Quite an interesting story. First of all I would ask the question what would bring this agent or whoever to question and watch you. Why you? How could you pose some kind of threat over others they aren't questioning and do you know something others don't? Is it your views alone that give them reason to question you? I am sure that you have probably thought about this but these are the questions I would probably ask the agent. Could you be an agent asking us our views for whatever reason it may be? I am probably wrong but I can't help but wonder.

I remember a story similar to this posted before a while ago. What if this were an attempt to gain our responses and to see how we would act from a agent of some branch of government? I doubt he would be on ATS but the extent of how far our government might be willing to go to pinpoint any future threat..... I'm not sure of. Also if I were questioned by an agent for this kind of information would it be appropriate for me to tell him what he wants to hear so I don't get marked and can continue my normal life or would it be appropriate to tell him my real thoughts on the subjects at hand? If I gave him the truth would I be able to make a difference now or should I lie and try to make a difference another day?

You have guts and honesty to say it the way you see it even though it could potentially tag you as a threat or problem in the future for their plans. Honestly I do not think they would question you unless you know something or have something dangerous to them. It could be the way you think or the way you see things. Either way I would be asking myself that all day long until I found an answer. Keep watch on your surroundings but don't get too paranoid. Keep an eye open at all times.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Alot of you keep asking the why question but I have no answer other than what I have told you. I don't threaten violence or incite it, I do however tell people to stand up and be a voice. I have no clue as to why they were so interested in me. Many of my friends and family would like to know why aswell. I won't get paranoid just cautious. I mean really what else can I do? Like I said before if I had it do over again I would have taken down more information. Nothing I have ever said could be misunderstood as wanting some one dead. I have discussed so many topics it would be near impossible to determine which one peaked interest in me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So, you don't have a business card, license plate number, nothing?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Nothing, he didn't offer a buisness card. I just was kinda shocked at the time so I didn't think fast enough. Untill it happens to you there is no way to know how you will handle it. All that ran through my head was WTF is going on. I am trying to get ahold of the OSBI to get an official report. As quick in thought as I usually am I just didn't think about the details till after the fact.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Or you could be a liar and none of this happened, but either way, who cares. It's your own fault.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm sure the reason those state authorities were interested in you has very little to do with what you say. It probably has a lot more to do with what other people are saying about you.

All it takes is one person to turn you in for something, say like, threatening to kill Pres. Obama, and the authorities will come and check you out. All it sounds like that someone came out to your place of employment (easiest place to find you during their working hours) and wanted to check you out, look you in the eye, and ask you a few questions.

If they haven't been back, or your friends and coworkers haven't been contacted, I wouldn't worry about it.

I mean, if you were a nutjob trying to blow up a building or trying to take out a government official, wouldn't you want them to, at a minimum, at least come out and check you out?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I have no clue as to why they were so interested in me.

Have you considered that it might not be you who is the central target of their investigations? Sure, perhaps someone mentioned something to them, and that put you on 'a list' of persons of interest or something. Also, I would guess that there's prejudice against tattoo / piercing and classification as potential radical 'fringe elements' in that stereotype.

But, perhaps, they have more of an interest (perhaps with some reason) in one or more of your customers? You mentioned you have a large client base. So, perhaps someone who frequents your business is (or potentially, with much more reason than their suspicions of you) into something shady.

In that case, your business could be considered a potential 'hub', of radical organization and possible activity. Perhaps they just wanted to verify that there was nothing illegal going on? Or look for crossover of visits with others who might potentially be involved in illegalities? And, if they noticed you noticing them, decided to do a face-to-face 'gut check' questioning and see how you would react?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well then, I would expect your friends, family and clients to be questioned as well. Has that happened yet? A formal investigation would encompass every aspect of your life right down to how bites of cereal you ate this morning. Search warrants, property seizure the list goes on.

Have you paid your taxes? Any health code violations or complaints?

Something is missing from your story or you have been severely duped.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Surely it is the duty of us all report such suspicious individuals....

**OK being serious: you should report him as the other members have said.

One might think, but, there is no text defining duty. If there is, tell me, I wanna look it up! And no government manuals for dealing with it on the recieving end. Unless they call this book: discretion.

If though, he had someone paid by the 'establishment' to go talk to him; that guy has a boss, right? And, they all have standards and they are there to do for 'us', so us should know that we are we. Paperwork trail. Is he priveledged to the 'report' of his testimony to argue or agree with anything said, spoken, rightly recieved, or misinterpreted? No lawyers on board?

He could very well be an operative from another country or a terrorist group. Wither way it is good to let as many Agencies and officials know what has happened here.

*Contact your Sheriff and let him know that an Operative is in his Jurisdiction, Give him all the details. The Sheriff is the Most powerful person in the county and he will be glad of your call. Let us hope then that your sheriff is a Constitutionalist and a true American.

It would tend to enlighten the truth. Remember these cops don't want the world to mess up anymore than you. They are not promised a special ride on the fast train when the whole place goes: boom.

When dealing with new situations, however, (such as a citizen questioning the legitimacy of an 'employee') they haven't neccesarily gone through the process to know what to do.

Then, opposition to conceal 'lack of skills and trainig' enters subconciously.
It is a physical reaction that should not be confused with the policeman as well stating himself to be an enemy of the people: a terrorist supporter if you will; in otherwords, it doesn't mean he is 'on board' with any deception, though it might seem. Some people; most people; can't just 'check out' through their emotions to just do the job assigned to them by the text. If it comes up. Don't give up. Call mayor. That's what they do in the..... movies.

It's your right to know, isn't it?
It goes better if you have a lawyers letterhead convey this message for you. They don't listen to the people-they (the police) can't in a fully legitimately actualized way to your personal situation, they are not built for it. My current opinion. They hear, they think, they are affected, they are enlightened. They are just they. They might pass a note. They might toss a note in the trash. Get the facts. Who was it?

But a lawyers letterhead comes through, indicating a paperwork trail, and then their lawyer has to deal with it, the city has to deal with it because it reeks closely to their 'self percieved' attack against their funds-subconcious into action. (ironically I believe 'avoiding lawsuits is the root of most all lawsuits'). Since their lawyer has to look at it, because it is a legitimate paperwork trail and incorporates, I imagine, funds that must be more carefully accounted for with explaination. (sorry it has to work this way)

blah blah
You've a right to know WTF just happened. You are an American. Then you find out and it's ok-right?

Better than not knowing the true origion of who or what that was-or intended for.

With a good printer or a theft and some background information any body can walk up on you-or each other. Think about it. I'm joeblow from the F.B.Y. (enactment example) and I want to ask you some questions. You see...we recieved a report.

If so, why were you not invited to the offices? And if you are invited to offices-better make sure you can crossmatch the location to reality.

Your checking might keep them in line. And they might just appreciate that-on the whole. People are people and then they get a job and they just try to 'wing it' the best they can with the imput or oversight they have.

The goal is supposed to be "US"-not US and Them but they are US and we are....

[edit on 16-1-2009 by HugmyRek]

[edit on 16-1-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wow this is a interesting debate going on. To those that think this story sounds suspicious, understood. Remember project ECHELON? To what extent can our government monitor us? We think we know but in reality we don't know and probably won't for a long time if at all. To those of you who think you have the right to remain silent and all these other rights haven't read enough stories about those who have been stored away for not talking or been taken into custody with no charges that can be proven. If this is a federal agent doing the questioning I am pretty sure they have the power they need to do what they want with you. It is probably good you cooperated but in reality what rights do we really have? We don't really have what we think we do. It is a self induced delusion brought on by a self deserving mindset. In "REALITY" things are not as they seem and we just simply don't have the rights we think we do.

We don't know what we think we know about our government and we really don't know the extent of power and technology they have at their disposal. ATS could very well be monitored but who knows. If this were to happen to me I would take a very suspicious approach and ride the line between my illusive rights to remain silent and cooperation.
Also, what is your ethnicity? (no offense) as others could whine or spaz if you're arabic or indian and give information to the proper authorities about your views which would give them reason to question you because of ethnicity.

link   
Pure New World Order, actually it's bad part

link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Or you could be a liar and none of this happened, but either way, who cares. It's your own fault.

I have got better things to do than to make up very simple cut and dry stories just to entertain people. I have nothing to gain from any of the politcal rethoric that I partake in other than maybe a better country years from now. I am not making some wild hard to believe story up out of my imagination. In fact it has cost me some money (more than what most people make in a day) just to keep up and answer back to posts. I am doing this to inform and to educate. This can be a good learning experience to us all on how to handle this if it comes to you or back to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Nothing, he didn't offer a buisness card. I just was kinda shocked at the time so I didn't think fast enough. Untill it happens to you there is no way to know how you will handle it. All that ran through my head was WTF is going on. I am trying to get ahold of the OSBI to get an official report. As quick in thought as I usually am I just didn't think about the details till after the fact.

The funny thing is, you may end up with a GENUINE OSBI official in your office. If they cannot verify you were under investigation, they will be looking into it to see who really did come there.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks

I have got better things to do than to make up very simple cut and dry stories just to entertain people. I have nothing to gain from any of the politcal rethoric that I partake in other than maybe a better country years from now. I am not making some wild hard to believe story up out of my imagination. In fact it has cost me some money (more than what most people make in a day) just to keep up and answer back to posts. I am doing this to inform and to educate. This can be a good learning experience to us all on how to handle this if it comes to you or back to me.

Oh, now you've ticked us off. So sorry, we are costing you money.

Folks, did anyone pick up on his original post where he says he is of a high social status and very popular? (weird)

This whole deal is about 12 short of a full dozen.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join