It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Under Investigation, in the US, For My Political Views!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well about a month and a half ago I as well as my friends thought I was being watched for about 3 days. There was a civilian tagged vehicle in my parking lot at my shop that had a man in it in plain clothes. This vehicle would be in my lot till I left and would move around the lot through out the day. Some people thought I was kind of crazy for thinking I was being watched but then the truth came out yesterday.

Yesterday about an hour after I opened my shop the OSBI or Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation came and payed me a visit. The guy showed me his credentials and then said he needed to ask me some questions.

1. What are your political views?

2. What is your view on our government?

3. Are you anti-government?

4. What are your views on the military?

5. What do you think of other races?

6. Do you consider yourself a patriot?

With these questions there were several sub-questions but you get the point. I answered all of them with my true feelings on the subject. Turns out that back in the end of October I was turned in by some one for my radical views of what needs to be done to fix our government.

I told the agent that I do feel change is needed. I feel that those who have done this to our country need to be held accountable. I want them arrested and put on trial for their crimes. I am not racist at all. I support our military. I am a true patriot wanting us to go back to the original form of the constitution and start from there of course with the needed amendments to womens rights and black rights to stay in place. I want the corruption and greed taken out of the government. I want anyone to be able to run for office if they don't have a criminal history. I want less government involement in our lives.

So I guess my views are now subject to investigation. I find humor in it knowing that even as I write this and post it they will be reading it. Guess its a good thing that I don't do anything illegal knowing now that that they have been watching everything I have done for the last couple of months.

Now what do ya'll think of that.

Edit to provide a more descriptive title.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You're going to get a lot of people coming on here saying that it was stupid to answer those questions at all, much less truthfully.

But I find it refreshing. It's not often you find a person as truthful and full of integrity as you. Even rarer to find one that holds views that threaten the status quo and willing to inform their agents of it!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Wow that is some crazy $#i% there

why would they ask u if you was racist though that i dont really understand i understand the other ones since they are from the govenment but not the racist one

oh man i wish they would've asked me the 3rd one

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Because of my social status and being that I am very popular I feel safer than most. I own my business and have alot of loyal friends and customers. Because of my status I am always in the public lime light. I feel no reason to hide my feelings on the subjects mentioned above. After all its my vocalization and publicly outspoken views that got me under investigation in the first place.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My question for ya'll who say don't answer questions is why wouldn't you? After all they can ask around and get the answers anyways. You might by some chance open up the eyes of some one in the government itself. There is nothing illegal about my ideas at all. Wasn't a president elected over the promise of change? Change is all I am asking for.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You should not of answered any of their questions and lawyered up. We still have a system where you have a right to remain silent.

It is sad that the tactics used in the McCarthy Era are still used today.

To the others who state you should answer the questions, why is it the government's business to know yours?

I get this attitude from my dad, who was into privacy big. He did not want the government to know anything that they did not need to. He would write "None of your business" on the Census Bureau forms.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Why should I have lawyered up if I have nothing to hide. Everyone around me knows my views. I don't keep my views to myself at all. They could find out anything they wanted just by asking around. I take pleasure in the fact that they saw me important enough to watch.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have an eerie feeling that more people are going to be sharing similar stories with us soon. I will bet that some may not like to be followed, nor watched in the manner you were. I know I wouldn't like it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow. It is rather...unnerving that a citizen could be "turned in" and then be followed and surveiled to that extent!

Would this have gone further than the day desk 10 years ago? I doubt it fully.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It is your right to tell the authorities how you feel, and you did just that. I, on the other hand, do not believe it is any of their business. I am a more private person than most people, and do not like any intrusion on my private life. As I have stated above, I get that view from my father.

I am not afraid to speak my views, I just would not answer inquiries from investigators. I guess I am a belligerent SOB in that regard.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Because it is none of the governments business what your views are.

You say you have nothing to hide, but would you like the jackboots to come into your house at 3 am with guns drawn handcuff you and your family while they search your house without a warrant? After all you have nothing to hide right?

The constitution enforces our right to privacy and even though you have nothing to hide, you should still use your right to privacy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Interesting. Do you remember or know anything about the report that person gave back in October? I'm wondering what kind of impression they got of your views.

According to the FBI and DHS, the so-called ultra-patriotic constitutional militia, radicalized racially or nationalistically, is the major domestic terrorist threat in the United States.

Scary thing for those, who like myself, consider themselves Constitutionalists who desire a better government. All too easy to get lumped in with someone's idea of "dangerous radicals".

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The single best reason not to answer such questions is that to protect your rights you must use them. That you have nothing to hide is irrelevant, as is the fact that the information could be obtained elsewhere. Compliance is encouraged as good citizenship, but in truth it is merely a step toward a controlled citizenship.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Have you seen the video 'never talk to the police'? The lawyer in the video shows that talking to the police can ONLY hurt you. It can not help. What you say cannot be used for you, only against you.

However I might have answered this guys questions as well. Considering you were not being questioned about a murder or something of the sort. It might be nice for them to see an honest opinion, and after all, you said yourself that your views weren't illegal.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You cannot be turned in for "radical views on government" unless those views specifically advocate violent actions against the general population OR a protected class (race, gender, whatever). You are free to say whatever you want, as long as it does not incite violence.

The whole story sounds suspicious to me - even if you did attempt to incite violence, that would be a federal level investigation and not state level. But I have no doubt this will get 50 stars because its what people want to believe is going on

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am with you op I would tell them the truth. In fact i would show the guy everything I ever digged up and would ask him to tell me what he thinks about all of this..... so 9-11 inside job, no law says you have to pay fed income tax, inflation dosen't fix inflation etc.. and lastly how do you feel about working for them?

I would love to ask those questions to one of them

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was trying to figure out why would they be investigating you? So I thought maybe you posted some things here at ATS that got them suspicious. Lets take a look at some of the threads you have posted in the past that may have raised a redflag.

Hong Kong reports bird flu outbreak Nope!

New regulation eases ban on guns in national parks Nope!

Indonesian AIDS patients face microchip monitoring Nope!

Grassy knoll witnesses think conspiracy. NEW News. Nope!

US-bound private planes and Terrorism Nope!

OUTSOURCING USA: Austal shares surge on $1.6 bln US Navy contract Nope!

Somali Islamists seize port as insurgency gains Nope!

North Korea: No sample-taking at nuclear site Nope!

German parliament moves to increase police powers Nope!

Iran successfully test fired a new missile Monday Nope!

Dr Pepper to deliver on its free-soda promise YES!

That's it it’s your anti Soda defamation they are really hot on the soft drinks critics ever since they passed the new home land security bills. I suspect Pepsi and Coca-Cola will be after you next I suggest get a new cell phone, shave your head, change your name and move to Zimbabwe.

I've often wondered if they monitored sites like this for possible information on anti-government activilties.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I would have told them the truth too. They need to hear it from everyone, its that simple. Don't hide your lights under a lampshade any longer. Speak out loud and clear and make sure everyone around you and all investigators hear it. I do. I never pretend anything.

Last summer while I was visiting my mother in the Okanagan, I left the grocery store with one child on each arm, and they were fighting, so it was a lot of fun.
A man was following me. He talked to a asian man dressed in what I would call plain clothes/uniform look still. He talked quietly to him, they both looked at me.
The Asian guy smiled. Then they followed me back to my mothers house. Now I presumed they were able to hear me so I spoke out loud and clear that Bush and Rockefellers plan for nwo was going down, and the people were going to kick butts on all them, and would win. You're either for the people or you have no honor at all. And then, when I parked I gave them a very pointed look as they slowly, drove by looking at me. Then I waved.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If this is 100% true...which I see little reason to belive it isn't, it add some credence to the ideas that we are all being tracked.

If they have been following him, they know he visits this site, and may well track other members to see if we all have similar views....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't think it was anything I said on here but I can say without a doubt it is the truth. I had 5 clients here when they came in. They were all college girls 3 of whom were getting a tattoo. I guess because my views can be viewed as a threat to the current system is why they found me interesting. I have no idea what was said by the person who turned me in but I asked. They didn't give me any info execept it was some one who came into my shop in October that turned me in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join