It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is Definitely Coming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I look like jesus, based on peoples mentalities.
Would you believe me if i said i was jesus?

what good would jesus be in the ages we live in today? what if he already came and said, screw it, it's not worth it, and left?

why are "we" waiting for a savior and not trying to save ourselves?

bypass religion and try to get straight to the source, whatever that might be.
put the book down, stop being a follower and start asking questions.
__
sorry, just venting.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mortje

As a son of god I would be greatly disappointed in the ones who after thousands of years still blindly believe in what someone else tells him.

Well with all respect intended, thank goodness you’re not Christ.

Many times in the bible God demands blind obedience.
And since I wont pretend to know better than God, so, if God says don’t do this, or do that, I’ll do my best to follow the rules.
Does this mean I don’t question, and doubt, and seek more understanding?
I do, each and every day.
But it still all comes down to the same thing - obedience to Gods word and His will.
That’s IF you choose to be a Christian.
If not, then you can just go on your merry way.

Added note - I live in a place on this world where blind obedience is the word of society and of God.
I see people every day who question neither.
They’re happy, respected, loved, have an absolute blast in life, are upheld as great community leaders, etc.
The ignorance is bliss.

I wish I was blessed with *ignorance* like that again - but I can’t be - as I’ve already asked too many questions.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by moocowman

Moo, Moo, Moo, say no more

Dude , having read your posts I find them an insult to aother christian posters in that if I were a christian I would be embarrased by you.

Do yourself a favour dude, take some time to study some other discussions here on ATS in relation to christianity and such, you may learn something.

I sincerely hope someone who posts idiotic drivel such as you have, is incapable of reproduction.

I dare say you are probably lying about being a graduate, and most probably reside on some trailer park and have an uncle name cleatus who sleeps with you and your mother.

Moo , that was so funny, do you realize how funny you are, moo , my sides are splitting at your intelligent wit.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by moocowman]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by dodgygeeza

How do you know this person isn’t as sincere as can be?

What great wisdom or enlightenment do you have that grants you the ability to see into his/her post (soul) and know anything?

Seems to me you’re doing exactly what you accuse the poster of doing only you’re looking for a *gold star* from your ATS peers, the OP from his/her creator.

Well, if you stop to think about the real purpose of this thread, it's either one of two options isn't it? I'm more inclined to lean towards human nature.

I'm trying to understand, that is all. Don't kid yourself into believing that all human beings think differently either, because unless this person is some kind of saint and has chosen to preach on a faceless forum, I and everyone else shouldn't take the OP at face value.

I don't need someone to tell me what I'm thinking, and the OP doesn't either, but perhaps people need to be given an alternative point of view? Or will you use this post against me as well?

Being a former Christian, I'm speaking from experience. Throwing oneself in the lions den to fight some kind of "holy battle" against the sinful.

There are people who help people without even thinking that they are helping people (it is built into their nature), and there are others who help people only because they have essentially been told to or believe there is some kind of reward (the modern interpretation of karma)

Maybe the OP is an example of the former. Being indoctrinated with Christianity makes that highly unlikely though (Hell/Punishment, Heaven/Reward)

[edit on 27-12-2008 by dodgygeeza]

link   
reply to post by spellbound

You speak of Christ and can criticize someone on punctuation, mes think you need to straighten your halo. Plus I'm ony in thrid grade.

link   
Sorry to be so picky about grammar - I am sure Jesus wouldn't care - I repeat - I have an urgency to tell you about Jesus coming very soon - just something I feel in my soul/spirit.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Sorry to be so picky about grammar - I am sure Jesus wouldn't care - I repeat - I have an urgency to tell you about Jesus coming very soon - just something I feel in my soul/spirit.

I'm not christian but I need to ask you this...

Why do you assume that he has left?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

You speak of Christ and can criticize someone on punctuation, mes think you need to straighten your halo. Plus I'm ony in thrid grade.

The guy is a deluded prick who's after a bit of attention hense the winge about speeeling.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lenbenhear

Are you Catholic? Orthodox? Mystic Christian? "Evangelical." ?

Put it this way, my friend:

...each of you says, "I'm with Paul," or "I'm with Apollos," or "I'm with Cephas," or "I'm with Christ." Is Christ divided?..

1 Cor 1:12

I'm certainly a member of the catholic (one, true) church of true believers, my beliefs are orthodox, I seek communion with the immortal, invisible God (arguably a mystic excercise), and I believe and testify to the Good News (the evangel).

This person always puts people down

I assure you that is not the case. She is prone to putting a smile on people's face, even if her humour is sometimes very cutting. Her contributions are normally short, which means there is a danger people might take her the wrong way. I have to admit I've offended people unintentionally in my time. Don't we all?

reply to post by 12.21.12

It sure is a funny old world.

[edit on 27/12/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
I'm certainly a member of the catholic (one, true) church of true believers, my beliefs are orthodox ...

Wait, pick a team already.
Say something in byzantine Greek.
Latin is for woosies.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Say something in byzantine Greek.

ICTHUS

Thought you'd got me didn't you, you old rogue?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Foiled again!

I only speak classical and modern Greek so I have to take your word for it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

P4T Greek by correspondence (only $50 per subsequent installment)

Lesson no.1 -

Say with me

s_d: you only speak classical & modern? Get an education man. Better still, sign up right here...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM.

So there!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's a pain in the arse when threads get moved about. I'd like to hear a reply Silo if you're listening.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

That person thinks he/she is so witty and amusing - just a pain actually - thanks

Wo, slow down a minute. Putting someone down like that isn't terribly gracious, my friend. I for one am very grateful for ATS's very own answer toThe Far Side. There's really no need to take offence.

reply to post by 12.21.12

First question for the OP
Jesus was born of a virgin? Prove it.

Incontrovertible proof: The Miracle of Christmas

Still not convinced?

Real PROOF

Is he coming again?

It's a matter of believing his words (and those of others who claimed to speak only what God had told them). Faith, pure and simple.

Funny thing is, the Old Testament has a lot to say about his second coming, as well as his first. Seeing as they accurately predicted hundreds of details about his birth, life, death and resurrection the first time round, it rather encourages a second look at what they said about the second appearance...

>>> OK. Excuse me that I did not look a little closer at your posts:

you are NOT a Christian, ... you are A MOCKER. correct?

I mean, they're a dime-a-dozen these days, right?

Right.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

You wouldn't do that to an old friend now, would you?

Incidentally, did you feel that jump into hyperspace. It seems we landed in BTS. Go easy on me, I'm still a bit dizzy.

Better still, come and enjoy some festive fun over here.

It's all getting a bit technical for me in here. Maybe someone wants to get strictly back on topic, too.

PS You got a cat by any chance?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lenbenhear

OK. Excuse me that I did not look a little closer at your posts:

you are NOT a Christian, ... you are A MOCKER. correct?

I mean, they're a dime-a-dozen these days, right?

Holy cow, my friend. Christians can have a sense of humour can't they?

One way of figuring out a person's background is to look at their profile (by clicking on their name). Please check out my favourite threads listed in there.

Sorry if I wrong footed you. I look forward to getting to know you a bit better in the coming weeks.

Welcome to ATS.

(PS Happy Christmas & New Year. This year could be the one...)

link   

link   

Better still, come and enjoy some festive fun over here.

Shameless self promotion, the cornerstone of ATS.

I'm on my way ...

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join