It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Thriving In Uncertain Times

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I heard Ted Nugent say on the alex jones show that he would give the government his firearms, lead first. I think that many Americans would agree with that.

I study forensic psychology and have a great interest in crime theories; when most people cannot afford what they need, there will be crime and looting, period. I don't know if you could find an expert that would disagree. We are going to need all the help we can get. If there's one thing I learned as a kid while playing Resident Evil and Silent Hill its this: 1) Start with as much ammo as possible and 2) CONSERVE IT!

Even as a poor college student, I still have enough to buy a box or two of JHP rounds every other week to store away. I expect most of you guys and gals could too. Thieving and Burglary won't last long in your neighborhood when the perpetrators find out the block is lined with people protecting their families and valuables with deadly force.

I pledge my allegiance to the State of Texas and The United States of America. No international governing body will have its way with my liberties and no tyrant under guise of America will either.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I firmly belive everyone not only has a right to protect themselves but a responsibility to do so.

While guns and ammo are on the list of needed items I would also remind everyone to think about food,water,sanatation,heat,shelter and protection from the ellements as well medical and aid needs.

I would think most people are more vunerable in the sense of being reliant on others for the most basic needs such as food and water,ect.

If (GOD forbid) a dispute arose between the government and the people I think the governments first line of attack would involve depriving the people of the basics.

How long do you think it would take the public to see things the way "the government wants you to see them" if the roads were closed, the stores were closed, the ellictricity was shut off, the water was shut off, heating fuels were deprived and communication options were halted, no sanation, no sewer,no medical, no fire protection, no police protection ect.

Firearms and ammo are one thing but survival incompasses much more than simply shootting back.

Ask yourself how long you and yours would last if the entire government run infurstructure was frozen today and you were made a prisoner in your own home.

Be prepared and remember the greatest allie you can have on your side in any battle is GOD.

May GOD bless his children.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I must say that I do agree with all of your ideas. But with all due respect, you are all missing the point! Our constitutional rights are being stripped from every U.S. citizen one by one. Are any of you doing anything about this? We all need to get together with our communities and really get closer with our neighbors. We have let our society secretly and effectively isolate all of us. We don't want to go anywhere because of gas prices. We are afraid to say hello to people in the streets. We sit at our PC's and Laptops moving from forum to forum trying to get our two cents in. This is the wrong way!!

So go outside and take a walk once a day. Talk to your neighbors, ask them their views on what is happening now with the economy and the election. Don't start a fight or an argument, just respect everyone's opinion and resolve your differences. Make sure you both understand that we are all on the same side here. We all want the best for our future. If your neighbor gives you too much of a problem move on to the next.

[SNIP]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah, I have that figured out for sure. [SNIP]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
People in general are waking up. That's why you see congress racing to ban guns as fast as people can buy them. In the UK we have total gun control. As you know we are the Illuminati model for a police state. Not only do we have no guns, but people have been thoroughly conditioned to belive that it's crazy and violent to want to own a gun. I used to be like that myself until I was woken up by Alex Jones and the patriot movement

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Just one question, what will the law abiding sheeple do when gun ownership is made illegal. Are all these law abiding citizens suddenly going to start shooting the Police when they come knocking on the door, no I dont think so. So for all the bull and bluster of no one's going to get my guns, thats all it is, bull.

The simple fact of the matter is that most people will hand over their weapons especially if they are threatened with being arrested, thrown in jail and having their assets seized until they do. All this is now possible under Patriot which is really rich, its great calling a piece of draconian legislation the Patriot Act when its sole purpose is the deny the Patriotic their rights.

Its happened in other coun tries and it will happen in the US, you will still have the die hards somewhere keeping their guns but the majority will hand them over. The American populace is so controlled now that the envisioned revolution will not happen. The perps will have well laid plans of how to opart the people from their guns and will have every contingency covered.

As the constitution exists in name only now all those who are still holding on to the belief that they have rights will be in shock when they realise they don't. Whatever the preamble that is used the right to bear arms will disapear irrespective of the aforementioned bravado of many.

Over the past decade numerous attempts have been used to bring this about, all the school shootings are a good example of this and although that approach has generally failed the next one wont.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It's activities like this that make the rest of the industrialised world shake it's head in despair. What is really really sad is that most US citizens defend it and have absolutely no clue why it's is just so mad.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Just one question, what will the law abiding sheeple do when gun ownership is made illegal. Are all these law abiding citizens suddenly going to start shooting the Police when they come knocking on the door, no I dont think so. So for all the bull and bluster of no one's going to get my guns, thats all it is, bull.

I agree

Fortunately for me I am a moral relativist, so I really am going to hide them

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
It's activities like this that make the rest of the industrialised world shake it's head in despair. What is really really sad is that most US citizens defend it and have absolutely no clue why it's is just so mad.

exactly. and its no use saying you piece because you'll get an intelligent response like "well you dont live here so why worry"

this threads made me feel alittle sick actually....

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm in the UK so I can't get hold of a firearm so easily which is to bad, If I had one it dosen't mean I would go around shooting people like a mad man. I have a set of kitchen knives but never felt the urge to stab anyone, the minority always ruin it for everybody else.

I guess i'll defend my family with an inflatable mallet.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by NeoSpace]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
you are from the u.k.your time to defend your family has come and gone.as for me i will die a free man.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

If Obama loses because of faithless electors in the Electoral College, then I see your point. However, if he loses fair and square (as far as elections go), I disagree with your point.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
best way to hide your guns, go to a place like cheaper than dirt and get a storage bag, and bury it, not in your back yard, but your wall or your floor, not in concrete, thats just bad. but if you have drywall which is easy to replace, go to the hardware store, pick up some drywall, some putty and some paint, just remember where you hid it.

go to theepicenter.com MRE's cheap, and a decent variety, dehydrated meals, calorie bars survival blankets, medical supplies, or even do a websearch for army surplus, somesites are ripoffs but still.

invest in night vision. and if you look you can find infrared laser components for decent prices. so in short, you can see them and line the target, with out them ever knowing you were there. no green line leading right back to you, no red dot to get their attention.

i would honestly have to say that 40 percent of gun owners would put up a fight. granted gun control in this country is next to impossible. you send the cops out to go confiscate and arrest the owners, your going to have body bags and blood. the media will villianize the gun owner because the government tells them when in reality its the cops that opened fire, or it will be twisted into said gunowner killed his family before cops brought him down, when in reality, the cops started firing indescriminatly into the house.

either way, were screwed. so buy your guns, and be creative with the hiding spots. remember you can replace a section of wall of floor, books are cheap and easy to hollow out and with hidden hinges, everything can be a cabinet

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
dytch,
Hiding your gun in the wall is not what a true citizen does.
When and if confiscation begins, just give them your weapons and arms.
That is the rational course of action.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
dytch,

Where are you from that you think this is the "rational course of action"? Because the way I look at it, and as a matter of fact, most United States citizens look at it is this: when and if confiscation begins that is exactly when you HAVE to have your weapon.

Your post was a joke, right?

OMG what is the world coming to?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
dytch,

You're right, that's what a good citizen does.

That's exactly how you are supposed to do it.

Not so sure about the rational part...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

America is gun crazy... end of story! It's permeated the culture for decades, whether it be an old western movie or the latest R&B/Rap song. They all glorify guns and shooting stuff! And people wonder why things like Columbine happen
That's all the world needs - a nation like the USA with even more guns!

Oh Joy!

Thank god for oceans and thank god I don't live there!

IRM

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Do you honestly see guns in our R&B videos?? I think you have your music genres confused

American citizens may be gun crazy. But it would be even crazier if the people gave up all their guns, meanwhile their government was armed to the teeth. No?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I agree to a large degree, in the UK we implemented a handgun ban in the wake of the Dunblane shooting, which was a horrible event, but in hindsight may have been prevented by proper vetting of the individual who perpetrated it.

Now we can own shotguns and certain people can obtain fire arm certificates for hunting rifles and suchlike (can be tricky, quite strict). Funnily enough handguns for criminals seem to be in good supply, and they don't hesitate to use them. We also have a pretty well armed police force. Sorry "service".

I sold my shotguns a few years back and let my licence lapse. I wish I hadn't. I'm now reapplying, as I think it's a good thing for people to be familiar with guns. Being familiar with them takes away the glamour and teaches you to treat them with respect.

You should give up your rights very carefully. We in the UK are throwing ours away, and all because "if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about". Wrong. Very wrong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join