It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Thriving In Uncertain Times

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Gun Sales Thriving In Uncertain Times

www.washingtonpost.com

Americans have cut back on buying cars, furniture and clothes in a tough economy, but there's one consumer item that's still enjoying healthy sales: guns. Purchases of firearms and ammunition have risen 8 to 10 percent this year, according to state and federal data.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Heh-Looks like us "conspiracy nuts" aren't alone by a long shot. The number one thing that those of us who see the long term fascist plans and destruction of the middle and lower classes and class warfare being waged against us by the "ruling class" advocate, is to take what little money and capital they have left, and invest it in guns and ammo.

Are more folks preparing for the uprising than we thought? Things that make you go hmmm...

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It might have something to do with the riots that will happen after Obama loses this election. It most definately will affect major cities, and may spill over into smaller communities. You won't hear people yelling this out, but just like their voting intentions going unnoticed by the MSM and the polls, these people are silently getting ready for outrage of the masses, they will be prepared.

I am.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Its all about the election. Many gun owners are fearful that Obama will win and that he'll institute some form of ban, particularly an assault weapons or general semi-automatic ban. They're buying them while they can.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Not only guns, but Ammo.....look at Cabelas or Midway on line....alot of "out of stock " of popular ammo........
The "other " precious metal....

To me, I agree with the fear of the trifecta control of the dems and antigun legislation.........

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
People are definitely stocking up for two reasons. They are fearful that Obama will disassemble the Second amendment if he wins and they are looking do DEFEND themselves against the riots and civil disobedience that many are calling for if Obama loses.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There's no such thing as a coincidence.

People are definitely aware. They just don't know as to why and the what or vice versa.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I work with a bunch of people who currently don't own firearms mostly because there are children in the house or their wives would throw a fit. 3 of them have purchased firearms in the last 2 weeks. .22s and shotguns. These are people who would have never considered buying firearms before.

Things have changed. These are your average Joe guys who don't hunt and are buying a firearm strictly for "defense insurance". One guy even said he was going to stash a .22 in his attic "just in case" so his wife doesn't know about it.

People are feeling it. There is an above average possibility that something might happen and the "general populace" is starting to become aware.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I don't buy the excuse that some people don't purchase firearms because of children in the household. Just buy a safe. But then you run into another problem. You will soon run out of room in your safe....

Huge gun show coming up here in Tulsa Oklahoma. WANENMACHER'S TULSA ARMS SHOW, Nov 8th and 9th.

Tulsa Arms Show

I'll be stocking up!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yep id have to agree, for my self alone.. 6k rounds bought within the last month .. more to come as cash is available.

However this is for my hunting rifle not for self protection, I feel if stuff gets bad, having the ability to hunt for food will be a great resource. However if it came down to it I certainly could use this ammo for protection..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker One guy even said he was going to stash a .22 in his attic "just in case" so his wife doesn't know about it.

Tell your friend three things:

- A .22 Rifle is no self-defense firearm.
- If it is in his attic when he needs it it may as well still be wrapped and at the store.
- Without practice that firearm is more dangerous to him then anyone he is pointing it at.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Totally agree.

And for more info about Obama... NRA

Even if the NRA is a fake pro-guns rights organisation at the top... Obama is definetly against guns... so is Biden. Biden even more so I think. McCain too is gainst the second amendment.. but less extreme than Obama/Biden.

If you don't want to end up like California where all SKS owners were ordered to give up their weapons by january 1 2000 or face prosecution... you better get active with your local representants and buys guns... but more so AMMO... because there will be a tax of 500% minimum... maximum ban on certains ammo.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I still do not own a gun. I have only vaguely considered the option, but I keep thinking back to a statement from "We were soldiers":
"If the time comes that I need one, there'll be plenty of 'em laying on the ground".

I support the right to own firearms, I just choose not to own one myself. If Obama is elected and puts forth a ban, it will have little affect on me. The 21 bladed weapons I own do not fall under that rule. If he does not get elected and people start to riot in my area, then see the quote above, because I am certain a few will fall.

I am a former soldier and former hunter. I have no problem with accuracy with any weapon I have fired. Center mass is center mass.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Id beg to differ on the .22 not being self defense, if the offender doesn't have a gun a .22 easily can be self defense even with out firing it, sure its not a very destructive gun but , it certainly can stop some one, however I'd prefer a 12 guage with 00 buck shot.

now on the other points yeah learn to use your guns, just having one doesn't make it a useful weapon, for hunting or self defense. Same goes for blades etc.. having them is nothing compared to knowing how to use them.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Well, the folks in England thought knives where the way to go and now the PTB are doing their best to demonise any cutlery you might own as 'The weapon of choice of street gangs". It will happen here just as soon as they make gun owners criminals so will knife owners and carriers!
Zindo

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well I was stocking up at my local gun store this weekend (still wish I had picked up that Glock 21SF AND the DSA 58 FAL) and the place was packed out, this on a Sunday no less.

There's also some good 'ole US speculation going on. Pick up a Colt 6920 today for $1300 and sell it unfired a couple of years from now for $2000 - try getting that return on the stock market.

People know what's coming. Anything you have now is almost certainly going to be safe - high caps, semi-auto rifles, large ammo caches etc. But in roughly one years time the first 2 of those rights will disappear, followed by others in years to come.

Invest in high quality firearms and plenty of ammunition, it's a good investment whatever your perspective.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The only way Obama or anyone else can take my guns away is through a bloody siege and I know most Americans are with me on this one. I bought a high powered bolt action rifle recently, That will be the one I am allowed to keep so it will be the only one they know about.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just picked up an old Lee handloader. I mean the old style hand loader that was used in the 1800's . I bought dies for my .45 acp and my .223 so my colt and my Black Rifle can be loaded by hand if needed in the field. Luckily both calibers are still in great supply but I thought ' just in case ' It aonly weighs a pound or so with dies.. and it was cheap. Its hard to lug my Dillon progressive around on your back.
Zindo

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I will not part with my cherished Swiss Army knife key chain. That baby has been with me through thick and thin. Obama can take that knife out of my cold dead hand (along with my guns).

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Retseh,
I own a DSA 58. Its probably my most accurate rifle. Its just heavy as hell. Parts and accessories are available fairly cheap on Sportsmens guide and Cheaper than dirt!

Zindo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join