It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Thriving In Uncertain Times

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

America is gun crazy... end of story! It's permeated the culture for decades, whether it be an old western movie or the latest R&B/Rap song. They all glorify guns and shooting stuff! And people wonder why things like Columbine happen
That's all the world needs - a nation like the USA with even more guns!

Oh Joy!

Thank god for oceans and thank god I don't live there!

IRM

Thank God you don't! You sound like the Australian gun ban and subsequent skyrocketing crime benefitted you! So what part did you play in that?
America is freedom crazy - it was Americans and their privately owned guns that defeated the Brits in the revolution for our freedom. Sorry you'll never get that opportunity- things may seem ok now, but when they go south your under your govts thumb just like the German people after Hitler's gun ban in the late 30's.
But at least you don't have to see or hear about those pesy guns in your movies or music.....

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

Where were the guns when wiretapping powers were expanded. Where were the guns when political dissenters became labeled as domestic terrorists. Where were the guns as Ashcroft ruled that suspects accused to terrorism could be held indeterminately and at the same deny the people the right to know who these people are. Where were the guns as congress passed a bailout bill that the people of America had by-and-large not wanted.

The list goes on. Literally, hundreds more examples.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
people kill people, guns don't kill people! If you want to apply your logic on guns to your life then cars should be illegal because they kill far more people than guns.

Look, if you don't like guns than don't own one.. its pretty simple..

I for one own guns and use them for hunting or killing pest animals like skunks etc.. I don't go around shooting at people or at something I wont eat or is not a nuance.

The problems with guns are society, not the guns, you want to fix this problem then educate society.. In the UK gangs don't runaround with guns they use knives, the problems are still the same , there just using different tools..

Look at the most armed countries in Europe there more heavily armed than the USA, and there crime rates are among the lowers in the world, now look at California certain cities outlawed guns and basically disarmed the citizens , they did this and crime rate went up, since the crooks realized there life wasn't in danger and they had guns and the citizens didn't..

Guns are tool , there equalizers, they give a citizen the same power as a criminal and or government entity, they level the playing field, you start disarming people and the criminals will be the ones with guns and they will take over... Its been proven already.. and its also been proven that countries that citizens are heavily armed have less crime rates than less armed ones ,

Switzerland, ever home has a fully auto military weapon and the person behind it is heavily trained in how to use it, the crime rate is one of the lowest in the world.. as a crook would you go robbing people that most likely have a well trained operator behind a fully auto machine gun in the home.. I think you would be pretty stupid to do that... Thus why they have such a low rate of crime.

Guns don't kill people , people kill people!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

America is gun crazy... end of story! It's permeated the culture for decades, whether it be an old western movie or the latest R&B/Rap song. They all glorify guns and shooting stuff! And people wonder why things like Columbine happen
That's all the world needs - a nation like the USA with even more guns!

Oh Joy!

Thank god for oceans and thank god I don't live there!

IRM

Are you daft?

No....you're just woefully ignorant. You're Australian, I'm American. You don't live here, therefore, you haven't a sense of these things. It's not that you're stupid, you just don't know any better.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to be patronizing, or anything...i'm just saying, if you lived here, you wouldn't think we're "gun crazy".

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Our founding fathers knew this sort of thing would happen when these words were penned. They knew no matter how good their intentions, no matter how righteous their deeds to create an independent America, that once it got big enough, the same things about the crown that caused the declaration in the first place would plague the American government. So they gave us this right so that we would have the ability to fight the oppression that they knew would most certainly come some time down the road.

it's not that we're crazy, we are a people born from rebellion, it is in our nature to fight oppression, and tyranny. It is a proud tradition, and when the time comes, we will gladly answer the call.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Just one question, what will the law abiding sheeple do when gun ownership is made illegal. Are all these law abiding citizens suddenly going to start shooting the Police when they come knocking on the door, no I dont think so. So for all the bull and bluster of no one's going to get my guns, thats all it is, bull.

That friend, is where you are dead wrong. Let them try coming and taking my guns. We'll be trading lives and blood for them. Rest assured.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
reply to post by slicobacon

Where were the guns when wiretapping powers were expanded. Where were the guns when political dissenters became labeled as domestic terrorists. Where were the guns as Ashcroft ruled that suspects accused to terrorism could be held indeterminately and at the same deny the people the right to know who these people are. Where were the guns as congress passed a bailout bill that the people of America had by-and-large not wanted.

The list goes on. Literally, hundreds more examples.

Greetings.....These are valid questions.....and the answer is simple.....The gun talk is just a feeble attempt to intimidate by those who have no idea what keeps us free....If they did, the outrage would have been evident long before now....The truth be told the vast number of americans suffer from a severe case of apathy....just look at our leaders...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You know, it always amuses me how so many foreigners are interested in the high levels of US firearm ownership.

What difference does it make to you?

If you like your neutered gun free paradise, then go for it, I have no interest in your collective decision, just don't expect our help if you're overrun by crime or another better armed nation.

As for me, I sleep all the better at night with a SiGPro nestled not too obviously by my side.

In America, we are not afraid of things that go bump in the night, they are afraid of us. We like it that way, so deal with it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Well said...well said! Exactly my sentiment! As much as I love the Brits, it still remains that my grandfather never got the rifles he sent to the UK in WW2 because the populace had none to help protect their shores. Its a shame more in the UK haven't seen how much fun target shooting is and many shooting sports that have nothing to do with the killing or maiming of living things. Someday, maybe!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

.22's are the number one choice of snipers worldwide. It can kill just as quickly as a larger centerfire cartridge.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

It's an honor to meet someone whose family donated personally owned rifles to the UK in WWII, your grandfather must be a great guy.

You would be amazed how many British residents are not aware of the fact that tens of thousands of US hunters sent them their rifles (for free) to help them fight the Nazis.

You can imagine my opinion of those Brits who today mock us for our continued firearm ownership.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You would be amazed how many British residents are not aware of the fact that tens of thousands of US hunters sent them their rifles (for free) to help them fight the Nazis.

Do you gentlemen have any more info on this? My grandparents immigrated to US in 1953 from Northern Ireland and I never heard this
info before. Thanks!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

The American Rifleman begged Americans to "Send A Gun to Defend a British HomeÐBritish civilians, faced with threat of invasion. desperately need arms for the defense of their homes." The ads pleaded for "Pistols, Rifles, Revolvers, Shotguns and Binoculars from American civilians who wish to answer the call and aid in defense of British homes."

www.nraila.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The American Rifleman begged Americans to "Send A Gun to Defend a British HomeÐBritish civilians, faced with threat of invasion. desperately need arms for the defense of their homes." The ads pleaded for "Pistols, Rifles, Revolvers, Shotguns and Binoculars from American civilians who wish to answer the call and aid in defense of British homes."

Thank you TGRT!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Its funny, I can remember him the few weeks before hunting season, lamenting the A3-03 Springfield in 30-06 he sent over. He kept his 30-30 Marlin but sure missed his Springfield. He passed in '68 and I have that Marlin in my gunsafe. Every time I take it out and clean and oil it, it brings back all the fun I had with him!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Everyone I know is buying more firearms. More ammo, more powder, dies, lead, etc... I just bought another 10 30 round clips for my AK.

Ask yourself this, should riots erupt, what do you think would be the first place targeted? Doubt the wide screen TV would be the first stop.

As others in this thread have mentioned, it wont be an outright ban on guns that Obama or others go after, it will be the small things. Hi-Cap mags, lead bullets, etc... its a way to start a precident to restrict more and more until there is no sense fighting eventual seizing of firearms.

For the few who are liberal anti-gunners who believe in a ban. If you want to ban guns because "they kill people" why not ban abortion? It kills people. Whats wrong with being Pro-Choice when it comes to owning firearms? Personally, I dont care if you want one, why are you trying to legislate me?

For those out of the US who question our adament gun ownership rights. Something tells me that you, I, and the world are better off that US citizens know how to shoot. Something about France and the UK in the 40's and some crazy German trying to take over the world? Live without the freedom to defend yourself, attack our way of life and our rights. Its okay, and the end of the day it will be armed Americans coming to save your behind.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You are rightly proud of him, and I'm very sorry to hear of his passing.

A Springfield 03 no less, what a superb rifle, I'm sure he missed it terribly. Maybe you'll pick up another in his honor one day.

I can but wish to aspire to such high ideals, very humbling.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh one more thing I wanted to add to my earlier post in this thread..

If you must buy guns because of these uncertain times please purchase them at Walmart. Support your country.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
it seems like we have the ones who beieve that our constituion is being used as toilet paper and then on the other side we have the ones who like to stick their fingers in their ears and scream at the top of their lungs when someone mentions something that they choose to remain ignorant over.

its simple, americans love guns and gun ownership because it was gun owning americans that freed this country from the rule of an apathetic opressive monarchy bent on greed in the form of chivalry and honor.

we are those who will willingly bleed on the flag to keep the stripes red.
we are they who would lay down our lives in defense of the ideal that this country was founded on
we are the ones who care enough about our country and its people (even if they are lacking) to stand up and fight for the rights given to us a birth that are being stripped away under a mask of progress and change.

we are the descendants of the red white and blue.
we are americans. and we will always be free.

its a simple mindset, that it isnt worth the paper its printed on if its not worth fighting for.

and i end this comment on a quote. " people should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

They are fearful that Obama will disassemble the Second amendment if he wins and they are looking do DEFEND themselves against the riots and civil disobedience that many are calling for if Obama loses.

I am sorry if this has been mentioned already: hasn't Obama ratified his policy on guns, just lately? I thought I heard that he was backing down on his stance against guns! Sorry, if I am wrong.

I think there is going to be an outcry no matter who wins the election. Americans are scared, and if one is wise they will know that it really won't make any difference. The situation is bad.

Many we know are buying guns, and they are from both parties or are independents.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have never owned a firearm, but I must admit, I have absolute desire like never before.

I have thought about purchasing a shotgun this week...which I can at least use for hunting trips with my in-laws and peace-of-mind knowing I have something in my home.

Does anybody have any recommendations for what I should consider purchasing? (I have limited shooting experience...only twice in the past year) with a shotgun. Not even sure the caliber).

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join