It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Thriving In Uncertain Times

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
reply to post by Desert Dawg

I picked up my SKS for $175 nearly two years ago. J&G sales had like new for under $300 but nothing there now. They must have sold out.

J&G is where I got mine.
Prescott, AZ fwiw.

Like new as noted, refinished the stock and it looks almost blond.

Seems to be doing better now that there's a few hundred rounds through it.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Dawg, forget the big adjustable scope. Get yourself a cheap red dot and use that. It works both night and day and will handle any range you might shoot the AK. Its also lighter and not bulky!

Zindo

Requires batteries, is that right?

My pal has a Ruger revolver in 30 carbine with a Red Dot.
Fun to shoot, a little strange.

I think the batteries last a long time and aren't very big so an extra or two would be no big deal to carry.

I like the optics, some of the compact scopes - like Leupold - aren't very big at all.
Had one on a Mk 2 Ruger Model 77 in 223.
Neat gun, wish I'd kept the scope, but passed the whole rig on to son-in-law.

A bit heavy, but not really a survival gun is my TC with 14" bull barrel and Leupold 4X compact for pistols.
6mm TCU, formed from 223 brass and shoots at 1" with fire forming loads.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I just find this whole premise absurd.

I am not opposed to guns... I earned marksman and sharpshooter ribbons in the military... but I don't care for them. And I have never lived though any times where I felt I needed a gun.

SHEET... Americans are so fat and docile... things would have to get so bad that it jepordized their American Idol season before they'd get all up in arms.

Wait'll you have a rattlesnake coiled up next to your feet.

To each his own.

We do a small bit of hunting, a lot of target shooting and some plinking with the 22 RFs.

I don't see myself in the middle of a firefight, but highly resent President Elect Obama confiscating my hard earned and paid for completely legal very small collection of firearms.

It's a hobby for me.

What's next, golf clubs?

That makes sense, golf courses take up too much real estate that could be better used for other things not to mention the massive amounts of water involved to keep the course in good shape.

This comment from an ex-golfer whose dad made custom clubs.

Lotsa fun, but too much time required to play a round....

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Like I said I have no problem with guns...

if guns are outlawed only the government will have guns...

If I lived in a situation where I needed one I'd get one... but to stock up because you are afraid that the president is going to confiscate guns is absurd...

The gun lobby is huge, besides that it would take a constitutional amendment to do away with the right to arm bears for him to do that...

and that ain't gonna happen.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Like I said I have no problem with guns...

if guns are outlawed only the government will have guns...

If I lived in a situation where I needed one I'd get one... but to stock up because you are afraid that the president is going to confiscate guns is absurd...

The gun lobby is huge, besides that it would take a constitutional amendment to do away with the right to arm bears for him to do that...

and that ain't gonna happen.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by grover]

By the time you're ready to stock up, you may not be able to.
Unless you buy on the street.

I'm not stocking up on guns.
A couple to hunt with, a couple to plink with and a couple because they're interesting.

My 'big' stock of ammo would be gone in a two minute firefight....

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
I don't think buying firearms is on the "upswing" because of the election and possible large scale violence. I think it is our dying economy and it's circumstances. When almost everyone is out of a job, no where to live, and can't feed their families, violence will be the "rule of the day" to survive. It is coming I fear. What needs to happen is if this does come to pass, people should take their anger out on the government and not each other. I believe we should be able to own guns. I think that is our right as an American. People are preparing for the worst and I hope for the best.

Greetings PammyK.......You make a valid point...With one exception and that is that this Government is well prepared to defend itself against us because there is no loyalty among folks...we are all just concerned with our own selfish existance and are perfectly willing to watch our neighbor get dragged away and at the same time be gratefull and thank God it wasn't us...This is a nation that cannot discern right from wrong and as a majority are lacking in character....just look at our elected officials...

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join