It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Thriving In Uncertain Times

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My having guns has nothing to do with the election outcome, we will be ruled by the same powers that rule us now, with either candidate..

My reason for gun ownership is for personal responsibility to feed and protect my family no mater the situation.. the situation can be anything from food shortages to personal protection.

The elections have nothing to do with my gun ownership and I doubt people are buying guns for the election outcome, Id bet it was the economic issues that we are looking at more so than any election issues..

Sure some may fear a more restrictive gun laws, but many i would be willing to bet would be economic worries.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

Glad you are so confident.

However, for a reality check, check out what is going on in the Peoples Republic of California, where knowing that gun bans have failed, they have approached the problem differently by trying to force gun makers to put devices on guns that they know will significantly drive up the price and no one wants. Specifically, a gun that imprints a serial number on every round it fires. Similarly, they want to limit the kinds (including common types) and amounts of ammunition people can purchase. In these ways, they hope to "nickel and dime" the "gun problem" into oblivion.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

He will seek to define which guns we can own and carry. See Obama's past comments about gun ownership in large urban areas. Obama and the Democratic Congress will pass another assault weapon's ban. Biden was a writer on the original 1994 ban and I believe he had his hand in the one that is sitting in committee right now. It will die at the end of the year and a new one will be proposed when Obama is the President and there is a supermajority in Congress. They will use the courts against gun ownership while claiming they are still for the 2nd Amendment.

The run on ammo is due to the very real tax issue that is being proposed. (See California) Also, the idea of placing markers in ammunition preventing anyone from reloading again.

I hope your prediction is right but I seriously doubt the liberal wing of the Democrat party can sit on that much power and do nothing. It corrupted the Republicans and turned them from their fiscal responsible roots to the highest spending Congress we've ever had in our nation history.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by on_yur_6]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

The FAL is a work of art, and I am particularly drawn to the paratrooper version with the optional match trigger and urban camouglage.

Heavy, oh yes, but with the mule kick of 7.62NATO I think you need the weight, AR10s just hurt.

But at $2,300 it requires some consideration.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

You might want to look at this site. Its the semi-G3 made on original FN tooling the company bought directly from FN. They are in Unionville, Conn. They are local guys and are good at what they do, and half the price of DSA!

www.ptr91.com...

Zindo

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I was mistaken... the assault weapons ban that was proposed this year was actually sponsored and co-sponsored by Republicans!

H.R. 6257: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

I guess it really doesn't matter what side of the aisle you are sitting on in our Congress anymore. The vast majority of them are not worth a bucket of spit!

This bill will die and you can bet a new one is coming next year with the Democrats in complete control. You can also bet it will pass if Republicans are sponsoring weapon bans.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Mark Kirk is one of Obama's guys. He's from Cook county, Illinois. A typical RINO!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I agree with a previous poster - NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. All those people who rushed to buy guns now are going to be selling them for a loss in 2-3 years when they realize that nothing is happening and they don't really need them. The market will be saturated with guns. Maybe they make you feel safer, but they are useful only for riots and individual self-defense. They are useless to prevent a military or police state, if that were to happen.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I sold four RT-2PM Topol's to a nice Algerian fellow for a couple of million the other day, four crates of AEK-971 prototypes and some RPG-29's which brought me in a couple more million....its a great time to be an arms dealer...wait I mean to say I sell cakes and sweets...to some Algerian guy.

People are stocking up on weapons because its a smart thing to do. I would rather have them and not need them then need them and not have them. (quote me on that) Dark times are ahead anyways.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

That's another potential problem we have: Republicans who will side with the Dems on gun control. There are a few of them in both houses of Congress. All of them are prime examples of RINOs.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I was just talking about this today with friends. Here is a story for you. Colt makes a great AR rifle. After the ban they were out there, but in limited numbers. It was not hard to get one, but Bushmaster and others were mostly what people were buying. Colt still stamped LE/GOV crap on their guns after the AWB sunset. Anyway, I went to a gun shop here in TX Sat and the owner just got 600 Colt 6920 rifles in. They were stacked to the ceiling with their pretty blue stickers. I almost fainted. This was the third shipment of 600 rifles in 2 months for this store. That is 1800 Colt 6920s! A semi M4 for those outside the loop. Colt is shipping these to TX faster than the military. Which for those that know Colt is STRANGE. Ammo and mags are selling just as fast. People are buying 2 and 3 rifles at a time. Ammo by the 900 round case, and so on. Insanity. Dont get me wrong, biz is great...But something bigger is in play here. Colt did not even ship like this before the AWB went into effect last time. And we are not looking at any ban hitting for at least 18 months. It is spooking even me. And I am as far right as you can get. At this point any future ban is pointless. By the time the left wing idiots can get one finished there will be another million guns out there easy. That is just one story. I have many more.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
12 Gauge Scatter Gun it's what Jesus would do...

and so would I

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
12 Gauge Scatter Gun it's what Jesus would do...

and so would I

My friend who needs a shotgun when you have a BM-27 Uragan fitted with 16 220mm rockets. I sold three to Guinea the other day but I have one left but sadly I only have 16 rockets left. Be sure to handle the ammunition carefully and make sure you don't shoot your eyes out.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Since you don't live here, it isn't necessary to understand. Since you don't live here, it will not affect you either way. Since you don't live here, do not be concerned.

It's an American thing.

Guns in the hands of citizens enables self defense, appreciation of these assets, common security, comfort and peace of mind, and precludes unlawful destruction by those who only understand force.

Just a scenario. In Liberty City a few years back, there was a riot, and after these geniuses burned their own neighborhoods, they wanted to continue their rampage on adjacent neighborhoods. One problem. The homeowners were in the streets, armed to the teeth, and as a result, they were able to contain the chaos and destruction. Keep in mind, the cops would not go near these areas.

In Los Angeles, same thing. Lots of folks went on a rampage, dragging unaware passing motorists from their cars and doing their best to kill them.

Compare to France a while back when young Muslims went on a rampage, burning cars and such. Who to stop them? And it went on, and on, and on. Had a few armed citizens dropped a few ragheads in the street, the others would have reconsidered their actions. It's great fun to destroy other's property, but it's not worth your life. (as a rule)

Naw, if Obama loses, and anyone wants to come into my neighborhood to raise hell, there are a number of us will send them straight to hell. In other words, it will be a short riot here. It won't matter how big they are, how fast they can run, how pissed off they are.

Everything runs in cycles. Strict gun control, then later a more conservative group gets in, and a reversal of gun control. The problem is the in-between.

You don't wait until you're dying of thirst to start digging a well.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Why are weapons and ammunition being bought so heavily?

I like to point out often that "Shall Not Be Infringed" clause means that the gun is the primary subject of the amendment, keeping and bearing are secondary verbs and secondary issues. Infringement is a multifaceted beast because it does not go after the primary gun, it seeks to hobble, to infringe on seemingly less central issues of the keeping and bearing of arms.

Infringement is, concealed carry laws, registration, instant background checks, magazing capacity limits, semi auto restrictions, bans of fully auto, serial numbers on bullets, inability to reload, outrageous taxes, implanting chips in firearms, waiting periods, vets on no purchase lists, bayonet lugs and other fringe elements and fringe peripheral concerns to keep and bear arms.

Infringement is horribly creative and has been with us for thirty or forty years. It will get worse and that is my prediction.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

Don't make the assumption I am not a skilled assassin, arms dealer

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I went to cabelas today ( the biggest hunting outfitting store in America )
at 9 AM and the place was packed! All of the .40 cal S&W rounds were out, all grains, hydroshocks and all. The handgun case looked like a popular bar on a busy night, you couldnt even get to it. the isles of shotguns and rifles were full of people too. It was insane. But hunting season is picking up too, so.....perception.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Its about giving 700 bil to wall street. Its about too many families on the street. Its about them crashing our world economy like all the conspiracy people have said they would. Its about the price of everything going up so far that people living pay check to pay check no they will one day be on the street too. Its about mass corruption and people getting fed up.

Its about survival.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
what do you need a gun for when there is muffins?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
lol, we got a little Arms Dealer rivalry goin' on here.

I resign this post to be deleted....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join