It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 835
<< 832  833  834    836  837  838 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Collapse is coming. It's coming. Yep, it's coming. Not yet? Oh, I swear, it's coming. Ok, maybe next month. No? Well, tomorrow....it's coming. The collapse is coming.

I've been following this thread since it's inception, and laugh every time I see it on the recent posts page at this point. Yep...you all have been clamoring that the collapse is coming......for years.

Yet nothing.

TPTB won't let it happen.

I'll get flamed...but, this thread is pure fear mongering.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Collapse is coming. It's coming. Yep, it's coming. Not yet? Oh, I swear, it's coming. Ok, maybe next month. No? Well, tomorrow....it's coming. The collapse is coming.

I've been following this thread since it's inception, and laugh every time I see it on the recent posts page at this point. Yep...you all have been clamoring that the collapse is coming......for years.

Yet nothing.

Oh it's coming alright! I hear ya daddy calling. Oooh he's got a paddle.
It's coming! Pappa gonna 'collapse' yo chubby gut over his knee and spank ya bottom! Whoah pappa looks like Bernanke! Run little boy! Run! Run far away. This is a forum for adults.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Yet nothing.

I guess the crash of 29 did not happen either or the crash of 2008... It s mathematical certainty. Math is apparently not your strong suit. Hard to predict the date of the final collapse but the math does not lie. Keep inflating and it can do nothing else.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

The way politics works this way and America been a corporate dictatorship, you can not expect news all over the corporate owned media announcing that America and the world has collapsed.

You are smarted than that, you should know better.

But every time that our nations government raises the debt ceiling, or when a major manufacturer or company goes bankrupted that is considered a collapse, whenever banks need more liquidity or whenever the Fed funds the IMF to keep banks in the EU afloat that is considered a collapse.

When people can no find jobs or have lost the middle class jobs for lower income jobs or goes on welfare or government assistance is considered a collapse.

All this signs are an ongoing collapse of our political and financial systems.

Political because our whores in government can not stop the nation from imploding and the system for using deceiving methods and corruption to keep themselves afloat.

If you truly understand the financial system and the global economy you will know that.

You will never see any news telling that our nation have collapsed until the citizens raise up against the corporate government and force them to resign and leave America to the people.
edit on 3-2-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by amongus

The way politics works this way and American been a corporate dictatorship, you can not expect news all over the corporate owned media announcing that America and the world has collapsed.

Exactly right.... the loudest News you will hear is the stuff like the Facebook[FB] IPO, which will take up to 3 months from now to transpire....
along with the gushing News that so-&-so and such-&-such is now a $Billionaire from FB stock ownership

the Corporate-Government Media will pump your ears full of the growing Cornucopia of USA business & economic futures

here's a snip from the Yahoo News of today (friday the 3rd of Febuary 2012):

Regardless of the original inspiration, once Facebook goes public Zuckerberg's job is to create value for shareholders. That means getting more than $4.50 a year for selling each user's information to advertisers. One of the ways Facebook is going to go about this value extraction is turning your every click into a sponsorship.

If you feel exploited now you ain't seen nothing yet. Post-IPO, everything you "Like", suggest or link is going to be packaged and sold. Anyone you "Friend" will be pitched stuff you like. People with whom you have common friends will be sold goods on the basis of your unwitting recommendation. You won't just be connecting with people anymore, you'll be infecting them with spam, pop-ups, and network.

If that sounds something like a social disease it's because that's exactly what it is.

3 Ways Facebook Plans to Exploit Users
By Jeff Macke | Breakout – 20 hours ago

wake up americans !

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

When a small media or social outlet in the INTERNET becomes too big for its own good, you know that it no longer will be freedom of speech or expression neither freedom of news, now it owns to their corporate ownership to make the most of whatever transpire in the site, that means control of information for maximum profits

This happen also to all major news media that is why we can no longer get realiable news from our also corporate owned media.

ATS could very soon become the same if it not already .

I am glad that I never became a member of any social media and never will.

Now Facebook has become an all for profit organization, is not longer a social media geared site, even when people still think they are.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Nice little bullgasm in the markets today. zerohedge and market-ticker are calling BS, and both are presenting pretty valid arguments for it too with charts and data. Seems like the improvement in UE rate is mainly due to some methodical changes and a rise in the "not-in-labor-force" numbers. Expect the BS to be piled higher and deeper through the elections.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yet nothing.

So let me get this all lined up....I’m assuming you’re an alien believer. I’m assuming you believe that the government is hiding the truth about aliens and they will cover up the truth at all cost. I’m assuming you don’t trust the government for this.

Yet when we get releases of government data on the economy your all ears and believe the BS they tell you. So what is it? You either trust the government and the information they provide or you don’t. You can’t have it both ways. So if you’re trusting in the government and there economic data they release then by default you need to trust them when they say they don’t believe or have any alien technology.

I think I speak for all of us here. We don’t trust the government, We don’t trust their numbers. By simple math the government’s economic numbers can be broken down to tell the real truth about the economy and this is what this thread is about, the truth.

You can look at it this way, we don’t trust the numbers provided by the government for the economy, and you don’t trust the government when they say aliens don’t exist. We really are one in the same WE DON’T TRUST THE GOVERNMENT!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Now Facebook has become an all for profit organization, is not longer a social media geared site, even when people still think they are.

It seems folks like you & St Udio are way ahead of the game. Facebook's CEO tried to preempt & head off such criticism the day before your post. ROTFL

The fact his comments are addressed to potential investors is sufficiently bizarre to alert any perspicacious reader to a crass 'hidden' (—don't make me laugh—) agenda:

Facebook was not originally created to be a company. It was built to accomplish a social mission — to make the world more open and connected...

...By helping people form these connections, we hope to rewire the way people spread and consume information. We think the world's information infrastructure should resemble the social graph — a network built from the bottom up or peer-to-peer, rather than the monolithic, top-down structure that has existed to date. We also believe that giving people control over what they share is a fundamental principle of this rewiring...

...We hope to change how people relate to their governments and social institutions...

...As I said above, Facebook was not originally founded to be a company. We've always cared primarily about our social mission, the services we're building and the people who use them. This is a different approach for a public company to take, so I want to explain why I think it works...

...Simply put: we don't build services to make money; we make money to build better services...

..These days I think more and more people want to use services from companies that believe in something beyond simply maximizing profits...

* Stop it, I can't breathe. *

...We don't wake up in the morning with the primary goal of making money...

But isn't that effectively the legal obligation of a CEO with respect to their obligations to shareholders under the current framework of blinkered short-term profit-maximization?

Sounds like the marketing boys have been burning the midnight oil, does it not?

Oh, and BTW it's all about *making governments more accountable*. Not providing them with the greatest snooping tool ever devised, then asking investors to pay for the infrastructure (just when the security services are, coincidentally, being asked to tighten their budgets).

Here's the full article

...Thanks for taking the time to read this letter...

You're welcome, Mr Zuckerberg. And thank you. They say it's the best medicine.

As to investing — don't call us, we'll call you.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

The collapse has already begun.
Just because the mainstream media and government say everything is fine doesn't mean it is.
You think nothing has happened? Have you been living under a rock?
The entire world is hanging by a thread, Europe are in serious crisis, China have huge underlying problems, the US wants to print their way to oblivion and the uk is a mess.
The collapse is here, governments around the world have decided to sink this ship slowly and painfully in an attempt to make the people think everything is fine for as long as possible.
Cracks are emerging, MF Global is a prime example.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

You left out that japan has a debt to GDP ratio of over 200%, when thing start shaking even more
japan will be the fault line that rips it all asunder.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wondera

I missed out a lot of economic problems because ATS only gives you about 5000 characters

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hungary is hungry for money.

Hungary is seeking an international credit line of 15 to 20 billion ($20 to $26.3 billion) euros, the secretary of state heading the prime minister's office, Mihaly Varga, was quoted on Saturday as saying.

Hungary is seeking backup from the International Monetary Fund and the European Union to reassure investors it has financing even if it gets cut off from debt markets later this year.

Another bailout in 3...2...1...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Many people were thinking that this recent rally was going to end with a double top. Last May the markets were at similar highs. Fridays "Bullgasm" was attributed to enthusiasm over the unemployment numbers even though we know how the government cooks the unemployment numbers.

I'm sure Wall Street would really like to create a solid breakout pattern to the upside to get well above last Mays highs but they may be satisfied with just a slightly higher top for 2012. It is times like these when bullish sentiment is running very strong that we often get a top followed by a 20% correction.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Greece holds crucial talks over EU bailout plan terms

Greek PM Lucas Papademos is meeting the party leaders of his coalition to try and win support for a proposed 130bn euros ($171bn; £108bn) EU rescue. Mr Papademos wants their backing for reforms demanded by the IMF and EU as a condition of the bailout.

Mr Papademos hopes to reach a deal with the three party chiefs by Sunday night, but two of them have expressed opposition to the deal. The money must be in place by mid-March if Athens is to avoid a debt default.

Eurozone ministers had hoped to meet on Monday to finalise the bailout - Greece's second - but that meeting has now been cancelled...

...Giorgos Karatzaferis, leader of the far-right Laos party, had earlier told reporters he would not bow to pressure from Berlin and "blackmail conditions", AFP reports. Athens faces loan repayments to private lenders of 14.4bn euros ($19 billion) on 20 March.

The BBC's Mark Lowen, in Athens, says Greece cannot afford to lose the bailout package and a lot now rides on these talks. But, our correspondent says, that with potential elections in April, the parties in Mr Papademos' coalition are wary about being seen to be associated with the austerity measures being demanded by the EU.

EU officials have expressed frustration with Greece over delays in backing the terms of the latest rescue package, which is being put together by the European Union, the International Monetary Fund and the European Central Bank - the so-called "troika" of lenders.

"There is great impatience and great pressure not only from the three institutions that make up the troika but also from eurozone member states," said Mr Venizelos, after what he described a "very difficult" conference call with his eurozone counterparts. Reforms that international lenders want to see include a lower minimum wage, the removal of a "13th and 14th month" extra salary which is paid to workers as an annual bonus, and the liberalisation of workplace regulations.

Opponents say that more cuts will worsen living conditions which have already been affected by two years of austerity measures. Unless Greece promises to implement reforms, the eurozone ministers say Greece will not be able to go ahead with a plan to restructure its privately-held debt.

Greece has prepared a debt plan with private creditors to halve the value of Greek debt and in return receive new, 30 year bonds with an average interest rate of less than 4%.

The restructuring is to help cut Greek debt to 120% of GDP in 2020 from 160% now.

Source

It's a classic lose/lose situation. Unless, of course, the Greek people manage to persuade the GS puppet government to tell their lenders that they simply can't pay. That way at least they'd be free of debt slavery.

(About as likely as Germany volunteering to pay off the entire Greek debt, I'd say...)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So Greece has a few hours (4) left before kaboom apparently.

6 Hour Greek Meeting Ends With No Agreement, Troika Demands Answer By 11am Tomorrow, EURUSD Drifts Lower

I say it's all a bluff.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah they won't sit idly by and let the pot boil over. But the day will come when the crisis cannot be contained and they lose control of it no matter what policies they implement to arrest it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

Yet nothing.

Oh it's coming alright! I hear ya daddy calling. Oooh he's got a paddle.
It's coming! Pappa gonna 'collapse' yo chubby gut over his knee and spank ya bottom! Whoah pappa looks like Bernanke! Run little boy! Run! Run far away. This is a forum for adults.

And for people who are no different than Jesus freaks who claim he's coming "any day now".

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Well to be fair, the whole ``Jesus is coming back`` is total fabrication.

The economic system reaching it's end is a mathematical certainty.

We can argue all day long about when it's going to happen but we can't argue about IF it's going to happen. It will. Just a question of time. History, facts and proven economic theories shows this.

Comparing religion to proven economic theory is pushing it. A lot.

But yeah, like you, I'm tired of it never coming and the banksters always finding a new scam to continue the ponzi and make it bigger.

new topics

top topics

<< 832  833  834    836  837  838 >>

join