It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 492
<< 489  490  491    493  494  495 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
It's official, the FDIC is bankrupt

www.scribd.com...

Now we know Obama urgently, in the middle of his vacation, decided to release that Ben Bernanke would be reappointed. Quick! Let out some other news that will be able to pump the markets! This market is going to fall very soon. Not all the way down to the lows or anything, but the momentum junkies are going to get a bad sample of the smack they have been smoking and injecting.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad wrote that the markets are being manipulated:

Link

EDITED 4 STANDER

[edit on 24-8-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
China is down -3% again today at around 2900. Something doesn't seem right in the neighborhood...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Page format editing post.

--------
--------

[edit on 8/24/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Any interesting theories as to why Obama came out suddenly with a Ben Bernanke reappointment? I have read some things such as there will be another leg down and Obama doesn't want to be blamed for it because he changed the Fed chairman as well as keeping Summers from being blamed. Senator Dodd is iffy about BB being reappointed as well.

Another theory I read was that since Ben Bernanke is an expert on the Depression, that signals we are really nowhere near out of the woods yet if we still need his 'expertise'.

Whichever it is, the way it was released is suspect.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Tomorrow, National Media will have 3 stories to "choose" from to make the "Big Story"

#1 The FED LOST the FOIA case Bloomberg filed against them

#2 The FDIC is officially Bankrupt

#3 Obama will nominate Ben to a second appointment as FED Chairman

If Drudge is any indicator of how the MSM will play it, Ben's nomination will take front billing.

That way, even though the BAD news is out there for the sheeple to see, they will be over run with the Ben's staying on news instead

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad wrote that the markets are being manipulated:

Link

EDITED 4 STANDER

[edit on 24-8-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

Thanks again. I thought it would fix the page format, but it apparently didn't.

Edit: I just deleted my post that quoted the link to make it work.

[edit on 8/24/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
NIKKEI traders must have been stunned by the US market merciless profit taking, even though no one dared to call it that way. US markets command utmost respect, especially in Japan, so the score at NIKKEI is

RED 158
GREEN 52

Lots of stuff is kicking in: It looks like that if Bernanke doesn't pass his economy-saving skills on his progeny, the USA would be reduced to a mere geographical term.

The skeptics will point out that the economy requires a constant government intervention to keep its wheels squeaky turning. Hence the Obama-Bernanke tandem system. That's a devastating prospect.

I had to chase a trojan around my computer, so I don't know the schemes for tomorrow, but I agree with the board that this week will be telling.

There is something GBM should take a look at. I post it later.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It appears...*others* ...have some doubts...

Shanghai Composite 2,915.803 3:00AM ET Down 77.626 (2.59%)
Nikkei 225 10,497.36 3:00AM ET Down 83.69 (0.79%)
:shk:
FTSE 100 4,882.08 5:04AM ET Down 14.15 (0.29%)
CAC 40 3,648.45 3:19AM ET Down 3.72 (0.10%)

[edit on 8/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The Dow futures are up about 25 points this morning and the FTSE is climbing steadily. The Bernanke renomination is top news on Google and record deficits are old news. Markets must be expecting some bailout news with tomorrows FDIC statement?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ben has chosen
Barak
To choose him

[edit on 25-8-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Hey in California with all the local economic problems it was a report on exactly what people are doing to live by.

Because the law is a lot more lax about what People grow in the backyards and inside their homes (for medicinal purposes occurs), is a town that the Fed wants to get their dirty hands in because some "local law enforcement" believe that they are using their Medicinal "herbs") for sale outside California and because is not specific laws or man power to check every single package that leave California to any part of the world and the states with "medicinal herbs" the Fed think is a big trafficking ring going on.

And they are using regular parcels for it.

Hey anything for a buck, right ?

BTW I used "medicinal herbs" due to TOS.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I believe that the right order is Golman Sach told Obama that he have to chose Bernanke

or else they will crash the economy.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Redbook: US Retail Sales -0.7% First 3 Wks Aug Vs July

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--National chain store sales fell 0.7% in the first three weeks of August versus the previous month, according to Redbook Research's latest indicator of national retail sales released Tuesday.

The fall in the index was compared to a targeted 0.6% drop.

The Johnson Redbook Index also showed seasonally adjusted sales in the period were down 4.4% compared with August 2008, compared to a targeted 4.3% fall. The latest numbers don't include Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT), which said in May it would no longer provide monthly sales figures.

Redbook noted that some retailers believe shoppers taking advantage of the government's "Cash for Clunkers" program before Monday's expiration resulted in consumers postponing or cutting back on back-to-school spending. "Apparel retailers, in particular, are off to a sluggish start and are already beginning to aggressively cut prices," it added.

-By Kevin Kingsbury, Dow Jones Newswires; 212-416-2354; [email protected]

www.djnewswires.com...

More Green Shards

fixed tags

[edit on 8/25/09 by redhatty]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So the pony show continues,

US Regulators Examine Goldman's Tips: Report ,

Did Martha Steward wen to jail for getting this same treatment? oh I forgot she was not one of the elite preferred custumers like in the Goldman dirty club.

U.S. securities regulators are examining weekly meetings at Goldman Sachs Group, where research analysts offer tips to traders and then to big clients, the Wall Street Journal reported on its website.

www.cnbc.com...

How dare this regulators question the rats that controls our markets.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Well at least the call sellers made their quotas thanks to the Clunkers programs that will support them for the time being in which sales will slump in the coming months.

Taking into consideration that retails show the true colors of the consumer confidence, we all know that the so call recovery is nothing but a fake.

Drive by nothing more than the public funds been funneled into the economy.

No only in the US but globally.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
GBM should look at this. I was looking for EMA(x>50) line that would meet yesterday's close. It turned out that EMA(100) did the job. The chart shows a similarity between yesterday and August 19 where the moving averages line stays for a while with the point line.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f62319a51809.jpg[/atsimg]

So, if things are wound up to repeat, today Dow should go up by 80+ points, no?

[edit on 8/25/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
WOW, the USD index sure didn't like the announcement that Ben will be hanging around for a while

quotes.ino.com...

Even gold made a little reversal on the news

www.24hgold.com...

Then again, maybe the rest of the world remembers Ben's REAL track record

[edit on 8/25/09 by redhatty]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Dollar index is taking off again so much for the intraday high in equities.

futures.tradingcharts.com...

The MACD red line crossed the blue headed down so I was expecting a little more of a sell off in the dollar today. Home prices are up, Bernanke has been reappointed for another round so whats keeping the US dollar up?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Why are we still listening to this guy? because he has been very generous at the expenses of the tax payer in the nation to the global elite and the financial power houses in the US.

Thanks to Bernanke the financial institutions in the nation AKA the ruling elite, will never have to worry about losing their wealth as our own for the people government has made sure that the law will protect then under the banner of too big to fail, in other words too rich to lose their wealth.

Why change something like that.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by marg6043]

top topics

<< 489  490  491    493  494  495 >>

join