It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 494
<< 491  492  493    495  496  497 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
U.S. industrial recovery may prove fleeting
www.reuters.com...

"Zombie suppliers" haunt manufacturing sector
www.reuters.com...

Four banks dominate August market in "dash for trash"
www.reuters.com...

Regulators prep defenses to survive bank crisis
www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. regulators are set to buttress their defenses this week against a slew of sick banks still facing closure and the risks to the dwindling fund that protects depositors.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp has been looking at expanding the pool of potential bidders for distressed banks, providing some capital relief for troubled assets that will soon be brought back onto banks' books, and charging further industry premiums to replenish the insurance fund.

All of these moves are geared to get the banking industry, and the agency charged with ensuring the industry's safety, through a financial crunch that is coming to a head.

"We're working through this problem. We're not at the beginning, we're not at the end," said James Chessen, chief economist for the American Bankers Association. "We're in the middle and it's painful."

[edit on 8/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here is something interesting: EMA(150) detects a "W-pattern."

See it?
The projection sets the Dow to reach 9,625 tomorrow. But the descend from this altitude may not be that sharp, as it was the case with the first W. There is really a chance that the Dow will close 50+ richer tomorrow.

[doW . . . tomorroW . . . W.

Next thing you know, Goldman will try his signature on the whole September chart.
]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

sure but i like the bottoming at the EMA and then the RISE..

thats what can make us $ -

like how many times (x) does it bounce off the EMA before rising etc.?

these are very interesting questions

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Nothing to worry, fowks!
Acceleration is faster than expected.
We are using better engines now

That's all.

The White House acknowledged Tuesday that the federal deficit is rising faster than expected, and Republicans seized on the prospect of $9 trillion in red ink over the next decade as another reason to put off action on health care.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Winners outnumbered losers 5 to 1 at NIKKEI making well above-average advances. The shares of Citizen Holding -- of the wrist watch familiarity -- rose by almost 5%.

The Dow has been swimming against the tide, as the chart shows.

The number of points heading down times the slope result in a negative linear trend line, even though the index ends up the session in the positive territory. That calls for buying at 3:00 and selling at 10:00 the next day.

There is an interesting harbinger of some sort: Obama decided to vacation in Martha's Vineyard -- a place tied to Kennedy's traditional family compound. The last of Kennedy brothers, Ed Kennedy, died yesterday at the age of 77.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

The number of points heading down times the slope result in a negative linear trend line, even though the index ends up the session in the positive territory.

Actually, everything is negative, and all "progress" is negative, but watched in a mirror it looks like "positive growth".

The logic of "better than expected" is now fully operational.

It seems that the PTB are now excelling in "gaining from the loss".

We live in an inverse world

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

That calls for buying at 3:00 and selling at 10:00 the next day.

If this were a perfect harmonic wave within a trading range it would make analysis easier. I'm seeing a retarded peak today to the upside in stocks, that would give oil a chance to rebound and add some support if its going to.

PM edit

I'm beginning to think we saw the high for August in stocks. Oil prices are staying relatively low and it looks like the Friday sucker rally in the stock market is going to take a while to recover from.

Stander did you notice how neatly the Dow monthly highs march up in a linear fashion towards 10,000?

www.quote.com... =

[edit on 26-8-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

This is really a rare condition indigenous to the last two days. I think that it develops when there is a sharp morning rally, but the oil prices are oblivious to the increment. I think that today the LR indicator will show a line with a slope closer to zero -- unless there is a pullback in the making, which I kinda doubt.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Actually, everything is negative, and all "progress" is negative, but watched in a mirror it looks like "positive growth".

The logic of "better than expected" is now fully operational.

It seems that the PTB are now excelling in "gaining from the loss".

We live in an inverse world

They say that the concept of relativity can be only understood through mathematics. It looks that we are heading toward a world wherein going to the bathroom would require a PhD.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

They say that the concept of relativity can be only understood through mathematics. It looks that we are heading toward a world wherein going to the bathroom would require a PhD.

Mathematics of imaginary numbers - yes!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Don't worry Goldman Sach is providing all the mask the Dow need for oxygen, BTW I thought you were one of the Goldman protégé and getting all that good inside information

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by stander

Don't worry Goldman Sach is providing all the mask the Dow need for oxygen, BTW I thought you were one of the Goldman protégé and getting all that good inside information

No, I'm not Mr. Goldman protege. I just work for the firm.
www.linkedin.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

You are kidding me and that page is just a joke rigth? Please tell me that you are just pulling my leg this morning.

If this is true, I guess I have missed the link all this time then again I see where you coments in the pass are all about.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

I work for Alvin Lee.

I listen to him

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Common, you are now pulling my leg too? hey I am a tough cookie to convince.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by stander

I work for Alvin Lee.

I listen to him

I quit his band, coz "that ain't no working...that's the way you do it...playing the guitar on the MTV...money for nothing...checks for free..."
www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I hope you have very long legs

"Our" Stander is a "stochastic man", keep that in mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Just trust me, marg6043. I can help you with 43
web.me.com...
but 60 just doesn't exist.
answers.yahoo.com...
I don't know who else can convince you if a Goldman Sachs garment analyst can't.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Those numbers are the year I was born and the year I join ATS. I guess it was a bad idea to used those numbers after all is been quite a few years already.

top topics

<< 491  492  493    495  496  497 >>

join