It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 265
<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Markets will prob. see this as a good thing that the economy has totally bottomed at this point and we are on a "road to recovery"

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I do get this..

I do get that we are right around our bottom (based on rebounds in s and p, commodities (espically copper!) )

I do get that when things seem the worst, thats usually the best time to get in (market wise)

I do see that about a month ago I have never seen so many people pessimistic about this country

I do see a market rebound from that point (when sentiment bottomed out) and great, no i should say OUTSTANDING, technical aspects of whats happening

I do know that this economy will rebound with all that you are speaking of in a 6-18 month window after the markets start to rise

I hope this all happens, because I believe this country is great, and innovation will lead the way

[edit on 22-4-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

what are we being innovators of?

What part of technology did we develop that has not been made overseas cheaper and then sold to us?

What FUNDAMENTALS do you see that will turn this economic crisis around?

What has changed or is changing that will create new growth, sustainable employment, industries or products?

Or do you see nothing but a new way of fudging the books to continue our existence as a consumer nation, not a producer nation?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ok, this is my two cents. As I understand this bale out mess. The scenario started just as Obama was about to get elected as president. He tells the banks that they need to create a crisis. The derivitives and mortgage backed securities were a good place to start. Obama and the treasury convince Congress to authorize 1.5+ trillion in bale out TARP money. The money is paid out to the banks. How did the banks acount for the money on their balance sheets, gifts or goodwill maybe? Then the banks report that they had record earnings and were making money in Jan 2009? Now the banksters read the fine print and can't give the money back to the goverment. The banksters don't like that they just sold there soles and companies to the devil. They can't give the money back because the agreement has been solidified. The banksters have been bribed and beaten by Obeyme. Obama then says that if they do give the money back, the government will buy their stock and still control the company. Doesn't sound very legal to me.

What the government would do with the money if it was given back is a new subject for speculation.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Okay this is just a rumor at this point, but supposedly, 34 arrest warrants have been issued for some top financial hats here in the states.

This was just released by some dude called Casper, some kind of insider? Here's his short post...For you MESSIAH WORSHIPPERS that means the "walk on water man himself". WE hear all will be served before day break. The charges are Embezzlement, attempted Embezzlement, TREASON and 20 other charges.

Don't know, just passing it along for thought.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by TH3ON3]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

CASPER?!?!?!?!? ROFLMAO

You mean the guy who has been prattling on for 5+ yrs about the "packages" that are to be immediately delivered and the Gold/Wealth that they grant to the recipients .

Prosperity packs, or whatever the current term is? That's as tinfoil as VK Durham (also known as Watcher51445 at Rumor Mill News)

Dude, RMN stopped being a legit new / tinfoil outlet about 2000. Don't waste your time

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well Red, even tinfoilers do get hit by lightning from time to time.

Seems appropo don't you think?

That if true would definitely help the markets in my op.

Yes, what are those packages about
Hey I want mine like today!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

To venture WAY OFF TOPIC and answer your question

CASPER is part of the NESARA bandwagon. NESARA has been proven to be a hoax, but some folks are still gullible.

VK Durham (a.k.a. Grandma Herman) claims to have found an old Bible and found hidden in it an 1875 Peruvian Gold Certificate with a face value of one-thousand dollars. The accrued interest made it have enormous value.

E.J. and Doris Ekker decided they had a mission on this earth "to record and publish the Truth from Hatonn/Aton for the whole world to know." The created the Phoenix Journals now hosted at the Phoenix Archives to spread "the Truth" but financed got in the way.

Believing she had access to wealth, V.K. Durham offered to help the Ekkers in their work of producing the "Phoenix Journals", the "Contact Newspaper" and their projects. Tings didn't go so well, there were many disputes and ugly slander was spread on both sides.

If you really want to travel down this tinfoil lined rabbit hole, try reading this and this

But start a new thread for any further discussion as it has NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Ok.. so the point you are making is that since you buy calls to hedge your bets high call volume isnt a bullish indicator?

Either way high volume of calls is bullish, and that was my only point I guess..

There's more than put to call or even volume etc. when institutions start selling calls and whatever sorcery they do.

It isn't ALWAYS a bullish indication. That is my point. Not to mention, volume is misleading because all that means is the amount of contracts that have changed hands (you'd have to actually see how many were bought vs. sold). Selling calls on stock that you own (or selling naked calls) will just increase the open interest not the volume.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
i see the stock market holding above 7500 until the second quarter earnings come out .......in late july........where they may test march lows..... i think the market may get up to 9000-9200 by late june early july. i do not have any confidence that a Bear market low is anywhere in the horizion unless a co-ordinated currency devaluation occurs and reprices assets up ward.....bear markets that unwind from long credit bubble's deleveraging take a lonnnn time for earnings to come back....there may be some blips of hope that people who lost money hang onto (wishing they may re-coup their losses) but people without emotional ties to these rally's can see them for what they likely are........also any fear that people will miss the "bottom" doesn't apply to a credit driven crisis in a credit driven economy.......because in that scenario earnings don't bounce back like in typical recessions.....(even if it takes a quarter or two more of bad earnings for people to realize this)....just like anyone afraid to miss the bottom in RE is not thining logically.....prices there are going to enjoy a long "bottom"........with unemployment and bank's lending averse.....home prices will not rally back with any authority.....one thing that would help would be more tax benefits for home buyers....but this will only slow the slide......it takes time.....

I pretty much agree. I think there will be some retracement but that the rally will continue into the summer with commodity prices. I think a catalyst for this might be less unemployment :shrugs:. I don't think we are heading back down quite yet though but am definitely betting on a pull back soon. Then commodities might be the safest thing to buy! (they always are).

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Anyone else notice that INTC and ORCL lost almost 50% of their value after hours?

Intel
After Hours: 7.91 -7.76 (-49.52%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

Oracle
After Hours: 9.72 -9.63 (-49.77%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

That sure doesn't look good for tomorrow's open!!

ETA: lots more

Bed Bath and Beyond
After Hours: 15.81 -15.25 (-49.10%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

i2 Technologies
After Hours: 3.87 -3.88 (-50.06%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

PMC-Sierra
After Hours: 3.53 -3.56 (-50.21%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

Charlotte Russe Holding
After Hours: 6.14 -6.24 (-50.40%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

Federal-Mogul Corporation
After Hours: 5.19 -5.30 (-50.52%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

Spartan Motors
After Hours: 3.24 -3.35 (-50.83%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

KLA-Tencor Corporation
After Hours: 12.64 -13.14 (-50.97%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

IDEXX Laboratories
After Hours: 18.76 -19.70 (-51.22%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

Tecumseh Products Company
After Hours: 3.98 -4.24 (-51.58%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

DISH Network
After Hours: 6.95 -6.84 (-49.60%) - Apr 22, 8:01PM EDT

That's an AWFUL LOT of bad prints if that is what it is

[edit on 4/23/09 by redhatty]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Holy JEBUS.

-50% FOR INTEL and Oracle???? That is INSANE.

And all those big corporations... OMG! This is gonna be insane tomorrow. What's gonna be?? -500? Or rally as always when the worse it is, the bigger the rally?

Asia UP Europe down.... this is gonna be interesting.

Intel stocks crashing like that is insane... I think it has to do with the EU fining Intel for anticompetitive practices but I could be wrong.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

still not convinced it's not just bad prints, but that sure is an awful lot of bad prints from an awful varied group of stocks.

Corrected: Must be a misprint, here's the TOS print

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1630d5ed935e.jpg[/atsimg]

then again... see this

IDK???

[edit on 4/23/09 by redhatty]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Will you people ever make money?

What is it going to take?

You just watch.... the next couple of weeks are going to blow your mind as the market rises inexplicably.

Then you gloomy freaks can rave all you want until Summer Solstice. That will be another perfect buy-in opportunity.

Come on. Did any of you make money the last 7 weeks?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
U.S. Weighs Revealing Each Bank's Capital Needs After Stress-Test Results
www.bloomberg.com...

Banks May Be Required to Disclose Capital Needs After Stress-Test Results
www.bloomberg.com...

More "arm twisting" or is that extortion?

Mortgage Bondholders Form Battle Lines Over Obama Housing Plan, Cramdowns
www.bloomberg.com...

April 23 (Bloomberg) -- The head of Greenwich Financial Services LLC warned bond investors in Washington last month that government efforts to reverse the housing slump are doing more harm than good by undermining debt contracts.

More than 30 money managers with stakes in the $6.7 trillion mortgage bond market that underpins the real-estate industry heard Bill Frey’s March 25 talk, according to a list of the attendees. Since then, a group of investors with home-loan bonds totaling more than $100 billion have hired Patton Boggs LLP, Washington’s biggest lobbying law firm, said Micah Green, a partner and former head of the Bond Market Association.

Bondholders are preparing for a fight over legislation approved last month by the House of Representatives that would shield companies that collect homeowners’ payments from lawsuits over modified mortgages, even if new terms harm investors. The government’s actions may increase borrowing costs because creditors would demand higher returns to compensate for the risk that once-sacrosanct investment terms can be changed, they say.
More at Link...

Yeah!!! The World is going to hell and up we gooooooooooo....

S&P 500 +6.50 843.40 4/23 7:00am
Fair Value 840.14 4/22 9:56pm
Difference* +3.26

NASDAQ +17.75 1341.25 4/23 6:23am
Fair Value 1334.17 4/22 9:56pm
Difference* +7.08

Dow Jones +59.00 7875.00 4/23 6:55am
===
FTSE 100 4,043.15 6:23AM ET Up 12.49 (0.31%)
CAC 40 3,035.64 6:39AM ET Up 10.40 (0.34%)
DAX 4,575.09 6:24AM ET Down 19.33 (0.42%)
===
Shanghai Composite 2,463.95 3:00AM ET Up 2.61 (0.11%)
Hang Seng 15,214.46 5:59AM ET Up 336.01 (2.26%)
Nikkei 225 8,847.01 3:00AM ET Up 119.71 (1.37%)
===
Gold $893.10

Some communities are printing their own currency
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 4/23/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The real state of the economy,

Jobless Claims at 640,000; Continuing Claims Rise

The number of U.S. workers filing new claims for jobless benefits rose 27,000 last week, the government said on a report on Thursday that showed the number of workers receiving benefits at a record high.

Initial claims for state unemployment insurance benefits increased to a seasonally adjusted 640,000 in the week ended April 18 from a revised 613,000 the prior week, the Labor Department said.

www.cnbc.com...

This only claims, those that do not fall under unemployment benefits and those illegal workers do not count

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This one is a sad story, this company due to consumer spending woes is now 55% down in revenues.

UPS Profit Falls as Global Downturn Hits Revenue

The world's largest package delivery company reported net income of $401 million, or 40 cents a share, compared with $906 million, or 87 cents a share, a year earlier.

Excluding an impairment charge for the early retirement of the company's fleet of DC-8 jets, UPS earned 52 cents per share in the quarter.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This one is jewel,

Amid the so call BofA profits while their lost from the Merry Lynch deal were silenced as by the governemnt request

Deceiving, deceiving and shame on you Mr. Benanke.

Bank of America Chief Executive Kenneth Lewis testified under oath that US Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson pressured the bank to not discuss its plan to buy Merrill Lynch, the Wall Street Journal said.

And BofA is to receive more TARP money perhaps to cover the $15.84 billion in Merry lynch loses.

Dirty, corrupted, shame on you Mr. Benanke.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Things with the banks are no getting better they are getting worst, local banks feeling the loses too.

Loan Losses Push Many Regional Banks into the Red, Most regional banks reported losses for the quarter ended in March, hurt by higher losses on various types of loans. Analysts have warned that the credit crisis is likely to bite further, as the economic recession deepening meant more customers default on their loans.

www.cnbc.com...

Markets open in the green

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Things with the banks are no getting better they are getting worst, local banks feeling the loses too.

Loan Losses Push Many Regional Banks into the Red, Most regional banks reported losses for the quarter ended in March, hurt by higher losses on various types of loans. Analysts have warned that the credit crisis is likely to bite further, as the economic recession deepening meant more customers default on their loans.

www.cnbc.com...

Markets open in the green

Conspiracy web site yes - think about this....
The recent stress tests have been stated as being unfair to regional banks, and weighted in favour to majors (something about investment returns rather than actual mortgage repayment...) anyway it was made clear that some banks may need to be folded or taken over as they will not get additional funding - this is well known......the conspiracy part is this - the great depression was seen as a ruse for consolidating the banking industry - and this entire fiasco SURE LOOKS LIKE THAT.

Your thoughts - tin foil hat off.

new topics

top topics

<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join