It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by theWCH

Well I guess we broke the 1.5 Peta-flop boundary?

A lot of stuff we could automate now...we have the knowledge...

Between satellites, GPS and vehicle on board computers, we could get out of farming, mining, drilling, transporting, fishing and a few other things...

If people just went about their business or did things they REALLY wanted to do, instead of having to settle, with limited education/opportunity's, people who wanted to be teachers would go to school free and be teachers...

People who were good at building/designing things, would become trade persons/engineers...

When ya needed something...just go get it...

After we get everyone basically set up, we'd only have to "work" to just replace worn out/broken items...

See what I'm getting at?

Wala...no rich money tenders...

Crazy huh?

That is not allowed. One "must" work to "earn" his living. Heh heh heh

And the 100 Bn dollars Abama gave to IMF - now we know where it goes - to the UK.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

Traders attacking banks credit betting they will eventually default.

Credit markets>equity markets in terms of forecasting the economy. We all know that the equity markets are being VERY irrational right now. After the stress tests and the rally that everyone passed, the government will have little else to pull out of their hats.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

This is basically the idea of replicators (Star Trek idea).
Replicators for all - but before that happens, we have to cure the sick.

For now the only free energy there is = knowledge.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Really? Thats why Capital One after hours had terrible earnings and equities rally on this?

Name of the game is buy on bad news and sell on good, dont miss the boat.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by stander

Since layoffdaily.com was a "labor of love" made by a Ticker Forum member, I am quite sure that his reasons for the hiatus, lack of income from it and taking too much of his time - are the real reasons.

He would have said otherwise on TF if anything was "amiss"

so tinfoil it all you want, it doesn't change reality

I have to agree. I think he was tired - and someone is back doing it -
so that's a good thing.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Really? Thats why Capital One after hours had terrible earnings and equities rally on this?

Actually that only happens in very irrational and sick markets. This happened before the '29 crash, the dot com bubble and the '08 crash. I agree with riding trends to make money, but looking at things realistically, the equity markets are not foretelling anything. It is just traders with weak hands. COF's lost is setting up for a much deeper problem later on. Anyone who is smart is not keeping their money in these companies announcing bad news. The smart money is actually betting banks are in worse shape than is being reported via shorting their credit.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
marg, are you there?

I guess we need to test the influence of the secret index some other time . . .

Originally posted by stander
Dow will move up 32 points tomorrow after the regular selling between 9:30 and roughly 10:45. This doesn't anticipate transient info that could deviate the curve -- not everyone subscribe to Buffett.

The regular morning selling cut short and the Dow suddenly shot up by some 100 points within a half an hour mainly because of two influences:
finance.yahoo.com...
finance.yahoo.com...

That triggered suppressors that may send the Dow bellow the projected 32-point gain, coz no one knows how to calibrate suppressors when the volume is low.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Actually that only happens in very irrational and sick markets. This happened before the '29 crash, the dot com bubble and the '08 crash. I agree with riding trends to make money, but looking at things realistically, the equity markets are not foretelling anything. It is just traders with weak hands. COF's lost is setting up for a much deeper problem later on. Anyone who is smart is not keeping their money in these companies announcing bad news. The smart money is actually betting banks are in worse shape than is being reported via shorting their credit.

Tell me, go back 80 years, in what irrational market did the 20 DAY EMA cross the 50 DAY EMA and the market within 12 months did not rebound more than 30 %, while having the inverse EMA's previous *edit* after a recession?

Well let me tell you, none, so this is what I am basing this all on, go to stockcharts.com or whatever and go check for yourself, but dont be too quick to say you know what "irrational" is when it relates to big money sentiment

Anyways..

[edit on 22-4-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You might want to check out the KBW banking index and the call volume for those underlying securities, so far you have presented nothing but your opinion, while I am stating firm facts.. so I am awaiting your response I suppose if you would like to discuss this further

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
heres something terrible i just heard..

gm not making their debt payment...

they say they are just going to horde the cash instead and go into BK..

SO WHAT THE HELL DID WE GIVE THEM ALL THAT $$$ FOR??

WTF??

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

heres something terrible i just heard..

gm not making their debt payment...

they say they are just going to horde the cash instead and go into BK..

SO WHAT THE HELL DID WE GIVE THEM ALL THAT $$$ FOR??

WTF??

To keep them operating and give them time to think how to reorganize. That's what Nancy Pelosi said when she delivered the cash. It was in the front page news.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Now what's this all about???

Moody's cuts ratings of 77 notes issued by 16 SF CDO deals

Moody's cuts rtgs of 141 notes issued by 37 SF CDO deals

And in related news...

U.S., Banks In Standoff Over Chrysler
www.cbsnews.com...

If Chrysler talks fail, Fiat may turn to GM
www.reuters.com...

Dealers to meet autos task force: sources
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
marg, are you there?

marg, are you there?

I guess we need to test the influence of the secret index some other time . . .

Dow will move up 32 points tomorrow after the regular selling between 9:30 and roughly 10:45. This doesn't anticipate transient info that could deviate the curve -- not everyone subscribe to Buffett.

The regular morning selling cut short and the Dow suddenly shot up by some 100 points within a half an hour mainly because of two influences:
finance.yahoo.com...
finance.yahoo.com...

That triggered suppressors that may send the Dow bellow the projected 32-point gain, coz no one knows how to calibrate suppressors when the volume is low.

The suppressors wiped out the 100 point gain -- "the suicide news rally" -- and sent the Dow into the deferred selling mode. That would be interesting to see how they hand over the control to "Closing Joe" -- the algorithm that guides the end of the trading session. It runs in the ascending mode.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

yeah but they didnt say they would horde this cash then take the company into BK, it was to hold and try to get through it, at least im pretty sure that what I remember?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Geez...this is new news? what planet they live on?

Banks Hinder Efforts to Offer Mortgage, Credit-Card Relief
www.cnbc.com...

They may be held in low esteem around the nation, but the country’s largest banks still wield considerable influence in Washington.

The banks have made it difficult for Congressional Democrats and the White House to give stretched homeowners a stronger hand in negotiating lower monthly payments on mortgages and to prevent credit card companies from imposing higher fees and interest rates.
More at Link...

Credit-Card Firms Don't Care
www.cnbc.com...

Yep...the layoffs are coming in pretty steady today...Hmmm...

"Here It Comes" (Prime Delinquencies)
market-ticker.org...

What should I do with my money in my bank?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone go help this guy...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
What should I do with my money in my bank?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone go help this guy...

I just threw my hat into the ring, but I also just got out of a 20 minute long conversation with a Lyndon LaRouche organizer (those guys always get me worked up, irrational, and hoping that SHTF, just out of hope that I'll never have to see them again).

FWIW, they started with "Do you think it's time to turn this economy around?" I said "Yeah...that's one of those questions that nobody could say no to," but I wish I had told them "No, I work for AIG." By the time the conversation was over, one of the guys was -- I kid you not -- talking about life on other planets. Somewhere in the middle, they ranted about the need for nuclear power, and something about declaring war on the UK.

And people think ATSers are a little bit tin-hat.

Dow 8,026.43 +56.87 (0.71%)
S&P 500 860.56 +10.48 (1.23%)
Nasdaq 1,674.41 +30.56 (1.86%)
10y bond 2.95% +0.05 (1.72%)

[edit on 22-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

I used to have similar problems with Jehovah Witness people...

First thing I'd open the door they say, "Have you been saved?"

I'd say yep *SLAM*

Speaking of slam...

U.S. 10-Year Yield Touches Highest Since Fed Announced Buyback
www.bloomberg.com...

April 22 (Bloomberg) -- Treasury 10-year yields touched the highest level since the day the Federal Reserve announced it would buy U.S. debt after a report showed home prices unexpectedly rose in February.

The benchmark 10-year note yield touched 2.96 percent, the most since March 18, after U.S. home prices rose 0.7 percent in February from the previous month after a 1 percent gain in January, the Federal Housing Finance Agency said today. Notes pared losses as the Dow Jones Industrial Average eased.

“It’s back-to-back monthly gains in home prices, so it’s sending yields higher,” said Andrew Richman, who oversees $10 billion in fixed-income assets as a strategist in West Palm Beach, Florida, for SunTrust Bank’s personal-asset management division. “It’s not declaring victory, but it shows signs of a pre-recovery coming back. It shows signs of stabilization.”

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

yeah but they didnt say they would horde this cash then take the company into BK, it was to hold and try to get through it, at least im pretty sure that what I remember?

That was an optimistic intention but not a binding clause to receive the assistance. The intention stumbled over issues that were tough to resolve, like this one for example:

As far as union discussions, CFO Young said negotiations on restructuring $20 billion in health-care obligations have eased as the UAW focuses on a deal with Chrysler LLC, which faces its own deadline at the end of the month to partner with Italy's Fiat.

The US auto industry has just too many obligations not to see the bankruptcy judge.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
OK...now what am I missing here?

California foreclosures rise 80% and the market just shrugs?

California Foreclosures Are Back With A Vengeance
www.cnbc.com...

~

Today DataQuick reports "lenders filed a record number of mortgage default notices against California during the first three months of this year, the result of the recession and of lenders playing catch-up after a temporary lull in foreclosure activity."

Default notices surged 80 percent from 75,230 for the prior quarter to 135,431 notices in Q1 2009. That's also up 19 percent from the first quarter of 2008. This is a new all-time high for any quarter in DataQuick's statistics, which go back to 1992.
More at Link...

Oh well...this can only make the banks look better, when down is up in Bizzaro World...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

You don't get it do you, a nation can not survive without income producers and right now the unemployment rates tells the real state of our nations economy, no the markets, not the banks, no Bernanke and neither Geithner.

Everything else without income and taxable income for the nation is nothing but manipulation of numbers.

No, jobs grow means not wealth means everything is nothing but an illusion.

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join