It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the "SADDEST" documentary ever made....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What is it exactly that we are supposed to eat here folks?
Eat plants you say?
If I eat a steak, I'm killing some poor cow who had feelings, but if I rip some poor potato out of the ground and eat it, then have I not also killed the poor thing? Yes plants have feelings, and measurably react electrically to violent stimuli such as boling baby shrimp in front of them. If I eat Bean Curd, or even sprouts, I've killed god knows how many poor little bean plant embryos. Who are you to decide the mortal rights of a potato over the rights of say a Prawn Shrimp?
It's COMPLETELY out of hand when we have to worry about getting our doors kicked in by some publicly funded animal police because our neighbor thinks they saw a tick on our dog. If you don't want to eat meat, that's fine, but don't be surprised when I picket your house to protest the murdered potato plants you carelessly ripped from their homes, peeled their skins off and boiled them alive to eat them. Yes they felt it.
This has nothing to do with animal rights, it has to do with people keeping or not keeping, their noses out of my pantry.
I love steak, I will continue to eat steak, and when and if you guys ever manage to convince the rest of the 6 billion omnivores in the world that eating that steak is wrong, then I will eat steaks when you aren't looking. Even if I have to wrestle cows down myself. Ask any lion if he gives one iota of a damn about Antelope rights? How does the predation rights of that lion superceede my own?
Whats the real story with all this animal rights crap anyway?
Global Food Supply Woes? Some kind of sick joke of the ruling elite to literally equate the populous with animals? Is there money in it? Who are you people and what's your real agenda, because the old compassion bit is wearing pretty thin when you start sending people to jail over flushing goldfish and pushing your quasi-religous beliefs off on other people.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
For the first time in my life I actually HOPE that the NWO really does reduce the population of this planet greatly, look what we are doing to the world around us.
Imagine what any intelligent extraterrestrial life watching us must think of us.
Imagine what god must think of us.

I think there is a balance to everything on this planet.
For example if there were too many caterpillars the plantlife would be devestated, that plant life creates our oxygen, without it every oxygen breathing animal on this planet would die.
This is a very simplistic and crude example but you get the point I hope.

There IS a balance, and we have obviously disrupted that balance to the point that we ARE going to destroy this planet if we do not change.
I have no problem with a farmer or hunter or fisherman feeding their family.
However when we breed billions of animals, mistreat them, and slaughter them for our own selfish needs you have to stop and ask yourself what is wrong with us as a species?

Anyone who has ever had a pet in great pain can tell you that animals feel pain and suffer just as we do.
So it is ok because they aren't as smart as us?
By that very logic you are saying that any stupid person or any mentally challenged person should be treated the same.
Monkeys and dolphins have shown amazing abilities, monkeys can learn sign language for example.

I want to thank the OP this really opened my eyes.
I actually found myself cheering on the elephants as they stomped their trainers to death.
I'm not saying we should never eat another animal or anything that extreme.
However I do think every human on this planet should be forced to watch this.
I can't tell you how many times I turned my head, and felt tears welling up in my eyes, and I am not normally a "sensative touchy feely" person.
When I was a teenager I watched the "faces of death" movies and wasn't affected this much by them, now that I am older I have a different perspective and this definitely helped to change it even more, for the better.

We can and should do better.

"you don't want to eat meat, that's fine, but don't be surprised when I picket your house to protest the murdered potato plants you carelessly ripped from their homes, peeled their skins off and boiled them alive to eat them. Yes they felt it."
Thank you for exibiting your stupidity for us, we know who not to listen to now.
If you can't see the difference between a living, breathing, feeling creature and a godamn potatoe... You are either one of the top 5 dumbest people to have ever been born in human history, or you are simply looking for something to shoot your mouth off about when you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Question for you though, does your brain actually process things you type and say before it lets them out or do you just have mental diarrhea?

[edit on 12-10-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I personally do not suggest to quit eating meat over the mere killing of the animals, and other posters here should as well. Moreover, it is the animals' quality of life and how they are killed is what needs drastic improvement if choosing to continue on this path.

Initially, we should all somehow coerce farmers/distributors like those in the video, to respect the animals at least 10 fold in comparison to what methods are being used now. Overall, we should opt for the absolute best and most painless way to kill the animal once it is needed to do so.

Eventually, if technology allows, maybe we can create healthy synthetic meats, that do not require the killing of animals.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

That is pathetic! You care more about a dam animal than your fellow man? If you truely believe what you are saying. Then why dont you and those of like mind start the culling of humanity with your families and yourselves!

Dont worry, when i see someone I can help I do. I would bring an entire species of animal to extinction if it ment helping out my fellow man.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
For the first time in my life I actually HOPE that the NWO really does reduce the population of this planet greatly, look what we are doing to the world around us.
Imagine what any intelligent extraterrestrial life watching us must think of us.
Imagine what god must think of us.

You made some good points in your overall post. However, you my friend are advocate of the NWO? For I, surely am not.

If there is a balance, we must find ours.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

For the first time in my life I actually HOPE that the NWO really does reduce the population of this planet greatly, look what we are doing to the world around us

Seriously, sir? If you love the elite's plan to mercilessly kill us all, do you mind being a part of the herd that is culled? Oh, or is it the ignorant masses which are deserving of death, not you. Your mentality is not far from that of our society's elite, who view the human population as a plague upon the earth.

I want to thank the OP this really opened my eyes.
I actually found myself cheering on the elephants as they stomped their trainers to death.
[edit on 12-10-2008 by ashamedamerican]

I doubt those were the trainers, those were the show performers. Regardless, why would you cheer that on? I may disapprove of animal abusers but I wouldn't rejoice over the fact that their body was literally crushed.

Perhaps you said this while on an emotional high. I sincerely hope you do not endorse these views, as they are not healthy on any level.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Viral]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This video shows how animals are being used, and treated inhumanely, in unsanitary conditions, and how disease spreads. It has nothing to do with careing more for animals than people.

Want to know how mad cow disease, and other animal diseases spread and or originate. Just watch the video, if you can stomach it. Animals for fur skinned alive, cows for slaughter not even killed before being sent onto process lines.

Veal, who eats that?
Mind watching how those animals live in a small box with out food or water for up to a week before being killed.

This is not a isolated event, a few years ago the news agencies even reported on how slaughter houses were violating laws on animal treatment. Chickens can't even produce healthy eggs because of their enviornmental conditions, they can't even free range.

It is large factories shown in this video that proves how and why foods are contaminated.

WTF?

Honestly, this has nothing to do with animal loving hippy hoah tree huggers.
Watch the full video, I dare you to try.

Where is the FDA, regulations on how food is handled and prepared. No wonder every thing is losing it's quality.

It is time a stricter enforcement handleing and caretaking of these animals is established and enforced.

A quote from the video;

Ignorance has prevailed so long because
people do not want to find out the truth.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Watched the video looks like a propaganda video for PETA. I guess many of you have no idea how industrial slaughter houses work. How your 2 for $5.00 chickens are made. What happens when you get that cute animal for Christmas and don't bother getting it de sexed. Someone has to do the hard work after YOU.

I have to ask you all how did you think the meat on your sandwich, dinner plate get there. MAGIC maybe that Star Trek replicator......

You all can't be that dumb to think it just magically turns up in a supermarket shelf. Time to get out of your comfortable city lives and spend sometime in the countryside.

Go work on your local farm for a few days....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
You made some good points in your overall post. However, you my friend are advocate of the NWO? For I, surely am not.
If there is a balance, we must find ours.

No I am not an advocate of the NWO, What I said (if you read it) is...
"For the first time in my life I actually HOPE that the NWO really does reduce the population of this planet greatly"
Because any other way of greatly reducing the population (nuclear war etc.) would destroy the planet and likely kill any human survivors over time as well. (from starvation etc.)

Originally posted by Viral
Seriously, sir? If you love the elite's plan to mercilessly kill us all, do you mind being a part of the herd that is culled? Oh, or is it the ignorant masses which are deserving of death, not you. Your mentality is not far from that of our society's elite, who view the human population as a plague upon the earth.

I doubt those were the trainers, those were the show performers. Regardless, why would you cheer that on? I may disapprove of animal abusers but I wouldn't rejoice over the fact that their body was literally crushed.

Perhaps you said this while on an emotional high. I sincerely hope you do not endorse these views, as they are not healthy on any level.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Viral]

Actually we ARE becoming a plague on this earth.
And there is one shot in that video where you can clearly see an elephant turn on his trainer and stomp him, that is the clip I'm speaking of.
Why should that be any different in your mind than the scene in amistad where the slaves kill their masters? The masters deserve it in either case.
The slaves were right, but the elephant is wrong why?
Because the slaves are smarter?

Maybe I should have worded those differently.
Point being that we ARE killing this planet, it can not support this many humans with the way we treat it, and our population must be reduced.

And anyone who abuses a living creature DESERVES it if that creature kills them in return.
Like those people slapping lions and tigers in the face...
Those people DESERVE to have their faces ripped off by those cats.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well said, I wish I could give you an applause.

Respect.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Even if it IS a PETA propoganda piece that doesn't make it any less horrible.
I have lived on a farm, and we didn't treat ANY of the animals like that.
When you say "Watched the video" do you mean more than the first 60 seconds?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is a seriously troubling video. It's made me very seriously considering going vegetarian. I couldn't watch it for more than 20 minutes at a time, especially since my cat was in the same room, and though she can't understand what was going on, I felt ashamed to even watch it near her.

Humanity is unbelievable, however, to believe that humanity should be wiped from the face of the earth because of this is immensely laughable, especially since to do such thing would necessarily illicit the deaths of even more animal. Unless you convinced everyone in the world to commit suicide.

Anyway, stared and flagged.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

If you can't see the difference between a living, breathing, feeling creature and a godamn potatoe... You are either one of the top 5 dumbest people to have ever been born in human history, or you are simply looking for something to shoot your mouth off about when you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

So you are implying that a potato plant isn't a living breathing thing that has the right to live and reproduce? Plants, even the tiny photoplanktons you kill when you treat your swimming pools or drinking water, can react to light, sound, demonstrate a communal intelligence, even demonstrate measurable pysical reactions to pain stimulus, and some can even react instantly to the sense of touch, and even chemically, scream in pain. A few plants can even trap and consume insects, there are a number of carnivorous plants with special adaptations to allow them consume insects in a rather grizzly fashion.

Source
Each root apex harbours a unit of nervous system of plants. The number of root apices in the plant body is high and all brain-units are interconnected via vascular strands (plant nerves) with their polarly-transported auxin (plant neurotransmitter), to form a serial (parallel) nervous system of plants. The computational and informational capacity of this nervous system based on interconnected parallel units is predicted to be higher than that of the diffuse nervous system of lower animals, or the central nervous system of higher animals/humans.

Maybe someone should post a video of all the atrocities of a French Fry factory, it's horrible. The poor things are spun around in an abrasive rotary peeler that literally shreds their living skin off their poor little bodies, then they are washed, while still alive, in scalding water and sent en masse, to a slicer machine that deals them the final blow and cuts them up into uniform slices... it's awful.
Sorry but I used to live on a farm, and maybe I'm just a brute but I don't buy into this poor cow bit. Yeah, they have a long way to go to provide sanitary and more humane conditions for slaughter houses, but I've killed and eaten a few chickens, cows, pigs, and god only knows how many fish in my time and I refuse to be ashamed of it.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by twitchy]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't argue for the sake of arguing.
When you have something intelligent to say please feel free to chime in.
"Maybe someone should post a video of all the atrocities of a French Fry factory"
That statement sums up your whole post for me...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You know,I have chickens and I get lots of eggs from them but once in awhile I crave meat. I have built them better house than I have.They get the best feed. They even get the run of 9 acres. They follow me around like a puppy. As much as I love my chickens, the moment me or another family member gets hungry I will have no problem chopping its head off and cutting it up. IMO There is no animal that is as important as a human being. Sure be kind to all animals but remember humans are higher up the food change.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Farms and slaughter houses and way different. I lived on a farm, know other farming farming families, and not once never, have seen conditions as they are in those death factories.

Farms are a heck of a lot more sanitary, and humane in the way livestock are killed, cleaned and quartered.

Twitch, did you watch the whole dang video. It is disgusting how those animals are treated, ust in the living conditions alone. At least on a farm the animals can wander around and get some fresh air and exercise.

Those despicable creatures were penned up in cages, mistreated and left in their own bodily waste. What farm do you know of that would do that?

I know of none, and the people who would are a disgrace to the tradition of producers. It was safe to eat the meat 100 years ago, because farms were family ran.

These places now, are causeing traditional farms to be run out of business.
In turn causeing loss of quality, for what, less than healthy quantity. They produce more than is sufficient, we need sufficiency and quality.

It's not right, no matter how you look at it. Of course, food has to be produced, and it was before, the difference is, the risks have gone up. disease is more rampant, and is spreading because lack of oversight from FDA and plan ole ignorance.

Yeah, I'm going to slaughter your meat, drag it through feces and fly infested inards tainted with coagualted blood. Then not bother to sanitise it while quatering it up for the processing plant...

And the world wonders how bad meat spreads.
Come on now, seriously.

Some thing the people should remember;

Three strange things in the world:
loving war more than peace,
loving excess more than sufficiency,
and loving falsehood more than truth

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My signature speaks for itself...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've been debating about watching this. I got completely out of animal rescue hung up my activist cap some time ago after realizing that there was no middle ground in my own camp. Ran a booming website for nearly four years on and for animal activists and rescuers alike...but because I wanted to provide both sides the issues I was actually threatened...

these films in general tend to be very one sided - as are most of the films produced to counteract. What it boils down to is making informed choices as consumers. If you are a meat eater (and I dang well am - tried vegetarian lifestyle and it was too costly and too lacking in nutrients...) you should be reading up on where your meat comes from and how it's produced.

There's animal husbandry and then there conglomerate meat production - two entirely different forms of farming.

I agree that People come first over animals, however having said that it's not like we are currently in a food shortage...in fact the excess we produce that goes to waste is absolutely staggering. It is possible to slow down production, maintain healthy and well tended animals and to euthanize them in humane manners...this is costly though hense the reason so few conglomerate meat producers practice it.

I relate to it this way - as far as people being top of the food chain: I have two pet bunnies which I love and dote on and totally personify. They are fosters and I never meant to keep them. The only people that show interest want to eat them...soooooo I continue to have bunnies. Now if there were a terrible accident and all I had for food for my family was my bunnies and cats...well they'd be dinner without a second thought. Sorry. If that day never comes well good for the cats and bunnies they will continue to be spoiled and nurtured and all that

Anyway... I just talked myself out of watching the video. I already know what it will contain...I'd rather see something that shows both sides and then offers possible SOLUTIONS that are sustainable for all.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
You know,I have chickens and I get lots of eggs from them but once in awhile I crave meat. I have built them better house than I have.They get the best feed. They even get the run of 9 acres. They follow me around like a puppy. As much as I love my chickens, the moment me or another family member gets hungry I will have no problem chopping its head off and cutting it up. IMO There is no animal that is as important as a human being. Sure be kind to all animals but remember humans are higher up the food change.

See, this is the perfect example, ... that is what I would be like, if I did indeed have my own house and chickens lol
and there are far more humane ways of ending the chickens life, did you know you can hypnotize chickens? not only will it act as a natural form of anesthesia but it will slow down it's vital signs which you should notice slow the blood flow and will also make sure no chemicals internally created by panic or fear will get into your meat.

Like I said before I have hunted before, killed partridge&moose but my problem with this video is that everyone is focused on the abuse and "morals" but no one can see the true problem, which is money.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I could leave a few useless men and women behind if it meant restoring even a quarter of earth natural roaming places, animals have it rough dude.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join