It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the "SADDEST" documentary ever made....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow... just wow.

I just do not know how to become a vegan (no meat, leather anything) but what I do know is that this film shows a lot of cruelty which is not know to the general public.

So, F&S and get the word out.

The best thing which may come out of this is awareness, and possibly path to more oversight into unneccessary animal suffering in Food production.

I never understood the Entertainment value of animals (like bull fighting)

As far as Science goes. It is all Big Bussiness. Products destined for human consumption cannot goto market without the regulatory animal testing first. In an age where we can simulate every part and function of the human body using supercomputing, this should not be neccesary anymore.

A lot of money is being made, which is fine, but animals should not suffer unneccessarily. I for one would be more than happy to pay say twice the price for a steak that I knew for sure came from an animal that did not suffer as seen in the film. If that is at all possible.

Terrible. Another example of capitalism @ its worst.

Again, I will not be a vegetarian, but I strongly feel that if this film is correct and actual, awareness of this needs to be created.

I found the reference to a new form of virus that came into the food chain through bad recycling of carcasses frightening. Maybe nature is trying to convey a message to us as well.

Damn. I wish I did not watch this...

Depressing...

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12 Like I said, these animals would die anyways to a wolf, or a small farmer in some obscure country, and a lot of people would still find it wrong/disgusting, when it really shouldn't be.

Oh, I see, they are going to die anyway. Yeah so I guess it makes no difference HOW they die huh?

Guess what, you are going to die one day too. Probably with people trying to save you or at least help you go painlessly. But you will still end up dead.

So since you are ultimately dead anyway why not just toss you into the street to save some money huh? Why not cut off your pain meds, they won't save you. Or take a baseball bat to your skull to move things along a bit faster and keep down the medical expenses. Why not laugh in your face and mock your suffering when you start your death rattle.

It doesn't matter how you die right? Cause either way you end up dead.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just another bunch of PETA BS.

Animals are NOT equal to humans. The life of a human is always worth more than that of an animal. There is no such thing as "speciesism", or you are basically saying that animals deserve the right to vote.

The video confuses "desires" with "instincts"

Just looking at the link provided with the video removes all credibility. "God's immediate contact"? COME ON. Now there is a much better example of someone holding themself as elite over another being.

I would kill my own meat (albeit in a more humane way than shown in this video). I'd eat dogs if it was socially acceptable in our society.

What isn't wrong is killing and eating animals.
What IS wrong is the mass-production methods shown in the video.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm an animal advocate since my earliest ability to think thoughts. I don't prefer to call what I do animal rights ;I prefer animal recognition. It's simple ,the do unto others law applies to EVERYTHING! I'm not a vegetarian,and I have killed animals for food. I don't subjugate, torture maim, starve ,beat or otherwise make miserable any living things,this includes people. Animals eat each other without blood guilt,and that rule applies to us as well ,it's when we insult and demean the life that we incur the guilt. You know that saying about if you love something set it free? I treat all living things that way and I found out that animals want to love us, we and them are fellow travelers and they just accept that . If you don't put artificial barriers about being better than they are because you're human, between you and them then you can find out that they love you and actually want to be with you, like I did . Don't hurt animals for profit or pleasure.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Humans are in fact a cancer. Wherever they go, they bring destruction with them. Very few of us take the necessary steps to preserve the ecosystem, and I can honestly say a major depopulating event is definitely needed. 6.5 billion people on the planet now, I say lets wipe out 6 billion of them by whatever means necessary.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No concern for life at all.. I've been hunting before and I eat everything I kill, but I do not let it suffer, omg that is brutal what they are doing to animals, all of that pain and torture is transferred into the meat you're eating.. no wonder it doesn't feel satisfying at all, no wonder it just fills the hole, just stops the aches and pains of hunger, there is no value left in our food because of the way we treat it, you cannot go around treating things and people like # and expect to gain some sort of benefit from it, the only benefit I see here ONCE AGAIN, is money.... When will people realize that it is money that is destroying this planet. WAKE UP. Money is garbage and is the root cause of almost all problems, this video just disgusts me, how those people are taking out their aggressions on animals.. did you see that guy beating the pig, breaking ribs and possible vertebrae just so it would move?... or those morons jumping, literally JUMPING on the chickens? it's people like that that have NO concept of reality, they are in fancy money land, where things are okay because it's a JOB and they require money to feed themselves the tragically beaten food that they produce.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
Humans are in fact a cancer. Wherever they go, they bring destruction with them. Very few of us take the necessary steps to preserve the ecosystem, and I can honestly say a major depopulating event is definitely needed. 6.5 billion people on the planet now, I say lets wipe out 6 billion of them by whatever means necessary.

You sure your not the cancer? lol

Do you understand what your saying?

That's really extreme and dark man.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Overpopulation is what destroys nations, ecosystems, and eventually our planet.

There is no denying that.

Thats why hunting is necessary. If an area is overpopulated with deer, the ecosystem will cease supporting that deer population and they will eventually die in large numbers due to starvation, disease, etc etc.

We need a culling of the herd of humans in order to prevent overpopulation.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
No concern for life at all.. I've been hunting before and I eat everything I kill, but I do not let it suffer, omg that is brutal what they are doing to animals, all of that pain and torture is transferred into the meat you're eating.. no wonder it doesn't feel satisfying at all, no wonder it just fills the hole, just stops the aches and pains of hunger, there is no value left in our food because of the way we treat it, you cannot go around treating things and people like # and expect to gain some sort of benefit from it, the only benefit I see here ONCE AGAIN, is money.... When will people realize that it is money that is destroying this planet. WAKE UP. Money is garbage and is the root cause of almost all problems, this video just disgusts me, how those people are taking out their aggressions on animals.. did you see that guy beating the pig, breaking ribs and possible vertebrae just so it would move?... or those morons jumping, literally JUMPING on the chickens? it's people like that that have NO concept of reality, they are in fancy money land, where things are okay because it's a JOB and they require money to feed themselves the tragically beaten food that they produce.

You speak true words , well put ,star for you

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

Originally posted by LostChildrenOfBabylon
As technology expands, we kill off everything else in our path, until it gets to the point that we wont be able to help ourselves

We? I certainly don't.

As someone else pointed out, just because there are evil scum in this world doesn't mean that we should all die!!!

How naive, and a typical statement of immature teenager with all the solutions to all of our problems..... and how original you "hate the human race". When you are old enough, you'll see the error in your thinking.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by dodgygeeza]

if you dont understand my reasoning behind it then it your mind that is immature

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
Wow... just wow.

I just do not know how to become a vegan (no meat, leather anything) but what I do know is that this film shows a lot of cruelty which is not know to the general public.

So, F&S and get the word out.

The best thing which may come out of this is awareness, and possibly path to more oversight into unneccessary animal suffering in Food production.

I never understood the Entertainment value of animals (like bull fighting)

As far as Science goes. It is all Big Bussiness. Products destined for human consumption cannot goto market without the regulatory animal testing first. In an age where we can simulate every part and function of the human body using supercomputing, this should not be neccesary anymore.

A lot of money is being made, which is fine, but animals should not suffer unneccessarily. I for one would be more than happy to pay say twice the price for a steak that I knew for sure came from an animal that did not suffer as seen in the film. If that is at all possible.

Terrible. Another example of capitalism @ its worst.

Again, I will not be a vegetarian, but I strongly feel that if this film is correct and actual, awareness of this needs to be created.

I found the reference to a new form of virus that came into the food chain through bad recycling of carcasses frightening. Maybe nature is trying to convey a message to us as well.

Damn. I wish I did not watch this...

Depressing...

MoonMine

agree 100%

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
reply to post by _Phoenix_

A cow can't tell the difference between a knife going into its throat or a wolf ripping its jugular. So what makes humanity bad because of this? The cow dies either way.

While I agree with you in principle, I can assure you a cow knows the difference between being nose to butt with others, eating an unnatural diet, up to its teats in excrement, and being injected with hormones, antibiotics, etc., from...

Cruisin' through its days eating grass, wandering around a wide pasture, seldom encountering excrement, having no injections, and otherwise having its dignity acknowledged.

I have no issues using animals for food, but I will not eat CAFO animals. I don't eat beef or pork, anyway, and my chickens are all locally and lovingly pastured.

Some of you care more about animals than people, and its disgusting. I'd rather see an animal die so a human can live.

I neither care more nor less, seeing that in all things an honor and respect should be given. Though I accept my place as a omnivore, and will nourish my body with flesh - that being the only abundant source of of some nutrients - I will also thank those that died to feed me. And make sure the life they do have is a good one.

[edit on 10/12/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Honestly, I can't wait......

sty

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
please watch the video before commenting . Then please let me know if you do not believe something is fundamentally wrong with the humans! .. our reward is close (i talk about things like bird flu , mad cow desses etc) . I guess the only meat I will have will organic free range meat from now on , and sure I will cut on quantity too. Going on veggie !
All the best and please take your time to watch the video.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by sty]

sty

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

the only creature that overpopulates the Earth is us as far as I know. About 40% of the mamals are on the brick of getting extinct. I guess human overpopulation is the cause of agresive food industry that sure needs to feed the people.

I personally believe we should find ways to produce synthetic meat , that is just like natural meat but not a part of an animal. Iv seen once a TV program about an experiment trying to grow cow muscles, however I am not sure how that would actually work on industrial scale, but i guess it would be possible..

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulRebel

for?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The beginning of this documentary sounds like an excerpt from Peter Singer's paper on speciesism. Wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Phoenix was reading straight from it.

I don't agree with Singer's philosophy of equating human emotions and feelings with that of other animal's because of several reasons, one of them being my belief in a soul. Our consciousness of life elevates any and all thoughts and feelings we have, so I don't believe an animal feels things on the same magnitude as us as much as it responds to outside stimuli. They are the vehicle without the driver. This isn't an argument based on IQ or intelligence.

I also believe that we are the stewards of the earth, so we should respect all levels of life and not kill needlessly. It is a line we've no doubt crossed and hopefully we become more responsible.

sty

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

I agree with you that the animals are not as intelligent as we are. However, it is bit too far to say they are just a pack of instincts. Insects , yes. But animals that would have a cortex and neurons do have a more than you think. After seeing this doc, I was wondering.. what if alliens 100 times more intelligent than us would come over.. would we be a very good large industrial take away farm? in the end we would be too stupid in comparation with them.. would they say that we probably do not even have a soul ? bit concerned now

[edit on 12-10-2008 by sty]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

You bring up a good point. Organic all the way. The high price however, will make anyone cut back there consumption. Just as along as organic means respect and homage to the animals we eat.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Skinning animals while they are still alive.. .?!?!! Once again, what's it done for? MONEY.

... I don't know how I live on this planet with you people.. I really wish there were other choices...

Complain complain, .. but never about the real problem... MONEY.

Dammit people, wake up and look around you, it has poisoned EVERYTHING it touches, and it has damn near touched everything, I wouldn't consider myself to be religious at all, but dammit, where's Jesus when you need him ... he over turned the money changers tables, even if it was just a story we need someone like that today, the endless problems that money causes, you can tell those who like to delete, distort, and generalize the issues in THIS video because they are so far from reality it is sad, if you cannot see that this is unnecessary cruelty to animals (for profit) than your reality tunnel is truly inescapable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join