It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the "SADDEST" documentary ever made....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Who cares about animals, we have humans that are dieing and being abused. That's a little more concerning for me. Tears are wasted on animals, once we can help all humans, then we can worry about the animals.

Your ignorance about how nature works is astonishing.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Who cares about animals, we have humans that are dieing and being abused. That's a little more concerning for me. Tears are wasted on animals, once we can help all humans, then we can worry about the animals.

Tears aren't wasted on animals, which includes humans. Humans have a responsibility of stewardship for the world, and the animals, including other humans, that inhabit it because we have the power to literally shape the world around us. We can't help all humans, until we can help all animals. How are you going to help that human that needs to eat, have something to wear, someplace to live, or medical care? Throw money at them? So they can go get animal parts to eat, animal parts to wear, plant parts to live in, and medicine made from plant parts that were tested first on animals. I don't see any reason to mistreat an animal before we eat it, wear it, or benefit from medical experimentation. That's just cruel, and there's no reason for excessive or wanton cruelty. It's enough that we kill the animals (food, hides), harvest from them (eggs, hair), and change them through selective breeding until they are unable to function in the wild (pets, fur animals) without going through the excess of making them suffer in the process.

As far as human suffering, in and of itself goes, we are at the top of the food chain in so many ways. We hunt animals unfairly with guns and bows, then brag that we got that big kill. We are all predators, and the real challenge is to pit ourselves against other big predators... which are other humans. We do it with guns, social pressures, money differences, personal combat ranging from outright violence to mental cruelty. That's just the way of the world. I shed less tears for humans because, for the large part, we bring it on ourselves.

Animals do what they do to survive, we do what we do to survive, and there are times we do that in ways that are just outright cruel. We feed on their flesh to sustain our bodies, walk around in their hides to protect our bodies, and some of us feed our black souls on the cruelty we can inflict for the thrill of it for the baser humans. Anyone who thinks they are insulated from it are either delusional, or have dark hearts.

I eat meat, I wear hide, but I make the conscious choice to use animal parts that were not taken in cruel conditions where possible.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Humans are... humans. We can go on and on about the goodness in our heart but it doesn't detract from the fact that we are fundamentally self-centered. We mostly invest ourselves in activities that are--in some way or another--beneficial to us.

People will watch this video--and then move on, with a thought or two that they will soon forget--or, worse, ignore. The same way they will watch one about some kids starving in Africa, or some kids sold into prostitution in Asia--and promptly go on with their daily lives.

I don't agree with treating pets badly. Once you get one, it's a sort of relationship, where they depend fully on you. It's up to you to take responsibilities.

As to eating meat, that's a tricky issue. I was well aware of where the meat in my burgers came from, and I didn't need to watch a very one-sided documentary about it. The author attempts to make meat eaters feel guilty about it. I am for the fastest, least painful method that could be used to put down animals that are needed for consumption, for it without saying that animals can feel.

Heh, we are all 'earthlings', but some earthlings are more equal than others.
If I had a pet I would no doubt love it, but there is no way I am going to put it above a human being.

Fuss about your fellow humans' fates first and foremost.

Mmmm, maybe that's the selfishness talking?

[edit on 13/10/08 by Anomander]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostChildrenOfBabylon
After watching a movie like this it just really enforces my belief that humanity should be wiped off the face of this earth. We cannot let this continue. 1% of our population controls 40% of the world...

i had troubles watching past 17 minutes. Last time i cried was a couple of years ago, until this day.

I hope everyone that opens this link has watched or watches this video. Let the truth be told

So what about Bachs symphonies? What abot the writings of shakespeare? How about the cistine chappel? St. Pauls Cathedral? How about medicine or even the wonder of space exploration?

There are positives and negatives to all species. You know whats really funny, the people in this video maybe havn't takena look at what happens in the animal kingdom. Animals torture each other, have you never seen a cat play with a mouse?

Mod edit: Video link removed. -- Majic

[edit on 10/16/2008 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You should watch at least ten minutes of it.

Plus, you make it sound so simple. Well, that's just my opinion of course, but I think the "trickle" down effect would not happen according to your argument.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80

Originally posted by AntisepticSkeptic

Well, do you have a better idea? Let us hear these great ideas of yours and how to implement them. We're all ears.

Did you just complained just now? Gowsh.

Here is my better idea. Make sure there is more than enough quality food for everyone on earth. Many native cultures have done a good job of showing us quality examples of how a society can flourish when there are more than enough quality resources to go around. People grow to respect life and their environment on a much deeper level, overpopulation issues diminish, and the competitive nature of humans is displayed in much healthier ways.

How do we do this?? Return to a natural diet. It's THAT simple.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by maus80]

It's THAT simple? Really? Woopdeedo.

Like I said how about implementation? Talk is cheap buddy.

So we just say what we wanna hear and call it a day huh? Who wudda thunk?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostChildrenOfBabylon
After watching a movie like this it just really enforces my belief that humanity should be wiped off the face of this earth. We cannot let this continue. 1% of our population controls 40% of the world...

You now what's the "SADDEST" part of this whole thing?

Seeing statements of the need to exterminate the human race for the action of only A FEW morons who get their kicks by torturing helpless animals and posters validating your statements of human genocide.

For the actions of A FEW.

It's hard to imagine if they have acces to nuclear weapons.

"I feel sad for the little chickens, pigs and cows that I watched in google video, oh well, good bye New York, Paris, Moscow, no one will miss you, kablooeeei!"

LORD these people make Hitler look like a little kid.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

Mod edit: Video link removed. -- Majic

[edit on 10/16/2008 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I couldn't watch more than the first 17 minutes...it's...it's just too much for me...soon,very soon human kind will be erased from this planet that's for sure...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LostChildrenOfBabylon

Well fellow humans, our fate is written on the wall with the blood and feces of the other animals that inhabit the earth. After watching this video I have no doubt that the human species will bring about its own destruction through its cruelty toward the animal kingdom. Super viruses are are growing as we speak. Mother nature is right now trying hard to correct its greatest mistake, mankind.

You know, I had a though while watching this video. We should never again use the term "inhuman," humans are capable of anything. The term has no place in our society. It is an oxymoron. Instead, the next time you see some deplorable act, be it murder, rape, genocide, or any other form of cruelty, you should say, "how very HUMAN of them."

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
God dammit, some of you need to wake up and realise that humans and animals are interconnected. There's no 'us and them'. We need animals more than they need us (just like any creature higher in the food-chain is more dependent than it is provider) and surely when something provides you with the very essence of life it deserves a little respect.

Those meat-eaters among you who think you're hilarious with those "this video just makes me want steak" posts - hardyhar - congratulations you're a comedian. Know that meat is a privelege. It comes at the cost of a sentient being's life and freedom, which is OK, because that's the natural order of things. But the least we can do is be as the American Indians or the Ancient Germanics and thank the animal for laying down its life so that we may eat. To do otherwise is to surrender our collective spirit to oblivion.

And yes, animals have souls. Who's to say they don't? Animals have more spirit than the man who manically throws foxes into packs of dogs for pleasure for it is our ability to live in tune with the natural world that nurtures or diminishes our soul. A person who treats animals with no respect and revels in their suffering has actively retracted himself from the natural order of things and the spiritual balance. He/she has less spirit than the animal tortured who only wants to live according to the natural order.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntisepticSkeptic
For the actions of A FEW.

Every one of us who buys shrinkwrapped meat or wear's animal fur is guilty. Hunting and skinning your own animals is the only way to confidently say "I'm not guilty".

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
Every one of us who buys shrinkwrapped meat or wear's animal fur is guilty. Hunting and skinning your own animals is the only way to confidently say "I'm not guilty".

This has been my view for a very long time. I think if you can hunt any meat then you aren't guilty. I hunt rabbits, pigeons and deer. Even if i buy a shrink wrapped chicken i can still say i'm able to kill, prepare and eat my own meat and so i think i'm perfectly fine.

I have to ask everyone here however what the alternatives are? Because the sad fact is that without certain forms of farming (like battery farming chickens) we wouldn't be able to feed the world.

For those who are saying we could stop eating meat and instead feed the wheat to people, well you would be removing protein from the diets of all those people. So then you'd have to grow more bean crops and that would lead to even more deforestation. So the arguement that we can just feed grain to people is rather flawed.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You cannot judge everyone just what a couple of people did, you judgment also isn't more equal then everyone else.

Why can't people be simpled and just say "It's okay to eat animals, as long as we don't abusive them in unneeded ways for our survival"

Killing everyone you don't like isn't needed, nor forcing everyone to do what you like isn't needed, even if it might be "morally right or wrong". If you don't like the fact that animals are being slaughtered for the fact we need to eat, then bring it to the people who slaughter the animals, not everyone else.

I'll be feeding myself in the best way possible with food that preferably doesn't support the horrible farmers. If not, then I'll eat the meat anyway since I'm not going to force myself not to get the nutrients it needs.

Also instead of telling the world how "OMG DDDDDDD:, Dis is bad and liek eveyrone needs to die or we need to taek DRAMASTIC action with something illogical as everyone becoming veggis or some other crazy stuff RIGHT NOW"

We can just educate everyone one the wrong-doings of how the food industry works and see how we can change it into a more morally good one.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
This has been my view for a very long time. I think if you can hunt any meat then you aren't guilty. I hunt rabbits, pigeons and deer. Even if i buy a shrink wrapped chicken i can still say i'm able to kill, prepare and eat my own meat and so i think i'm perfectly fine.

Always glad to hear that. I won't eat meat or dairy again until I know I can kill, farm and prepare it myself.

I have to ask everyone here however what the alternatives are? Because the sad fact is that without certain forms of farming (like battery farming chickens) we wouldn't be able to feed the world.

For me, that's just another case in point for the world being overpopulated. I laugh when people harp on about how much empty space there is on the planet, forgetting that overpopulation isn't just about perceivable room but about the ability of land to feed its people in a wholly natural way. If it's a choice between depopulation or factory farming, I'd rather see the population decreased.

For those who are saying we could stop eating meat and instead feed the wheat to people, well you would be removing protein from the diets of all those people. So then you'd have to grow more bean crops and that would lead to even more deforestation. So the arguement that we can just feed grain to people is rather flawed.

Actually it takes far more land (and deforestation) to farm a pound of beef than to grow a pound of plant-based food.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I will still eat meat, own dogs, and not give a damn about the eco nuts.....That is my truth...Oh and just for that video I am going to slowly cut down my Christmas tree.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

first time i have to agree with you.

Every living being deserves to live

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Always glad to hear that. I won't eat meat or dairy again until I know I can kill, farm and prepare it myself.

Well i respect that choice for those reasons.

For me, that's just another case in point for the world being overpopulated. I laugh when people harp on about how much empty space there is on the planet, forgetting that overpopulation isn't just about perceivable room but about the ability of land to feed its people in a wholly natural way. If it's a choice between depopulation or factory farming, I'd rather see the population decreased.

That's what i've argued for years, in fact i made a whole thread on it. It's logical that the world can only support so many people. However that's maybe going off topic

Actually it takes far more land (and deforestation) to farm a pound of beef than to grow a pound of plant-based food.

Correct but that wasn't my point. Farming more beans and such things with an increasing population will result in more and more pesticides, fertilizers, cutting down of everything. In the end either way is going to require more land. Again though we're maybe going off topic.

The OP's video is far to biased to even hope of representing the farming industry. I have been to a lot of farms and have never seen such conditions. The video makes out animals who have been bled and bolted are concious and yet it's just a nervous spasm, a kick from the brain.

Hey what if i went out, if i had a camera, and farmed all teh good farms. Fluffy chicks running around fields, pigs galloping through wooded areas, deer leaping through fields. Would this represent the farming industry? No it wouldn't, it would be biased.

so to say that that video represents the industry standards is ludicrous. The ONLY thing i agre with in that video is the kosher meat methods. I've seen them before and i dislike the practice.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i am watching this still adn it really dose bother me, there is some cruel humans about i know this, however there is some great loving humans about who will want to stop this and all cruetly to animals, I am cutting down on the meat i eat because i do not believe it is right. Although i know that animals eat each other, i still do not think any of this is right.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

so to say that that video represents the industry standards is ludicrous.

Agree with all your points, but I'm not sure the OP or video were trying to suggest that this represents the farming industry (haven't watched the video so I might be wrong), just that it represents the very real, significantly widespread, negative side of the farming industry. Most people think all farming is quite humane, maybe a bit cramped but nothing horrifying. The extreme terrible side of it is largely unknown to most people and I'm glad it's being brought to people's attention. Sure, there'll always be people who can watch a video like that and see nothing wrong with it - but I'll not waste my words saying what I think about those soulless human beings
. Meat doesn't (and shouldn't ever) have to = cruelty and sadism.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

agreed. it should be more humane than this, why do they cut throats mostly for?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join