It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the "SADDEST" documentary ever made....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This is nonsense.

These are not standard industry practices. Some people do this and people like PETA lap it up and try to make it sound like all farms do this. I've spent time on farms and never seen any of this behavior.

So before you go believing everything that this video says, consider the biased nature of it. Then go and visit some farms if you can and then maybe judge what the truth is.

Utter and complete nonsense, lying, biased reporting.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Overpopulation is what destroys nations, ecosystems, and eventually our planet.

There is no denying that.

Thats why hunting is necessary. If an area is overpopulated with deer, the ecosystem will cease supporting that deer population and they will eventually die in large numbers due to starvation, disease, etc etc.

We need a culling of the herd of humans in order to prevent overpopulation.

Again your are the best first candidate.

Lets start. Where do you live so we will make this process of 'human culling' much easier and quicker.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
We are all one....we are living in symbiosis with the natural world for mutual advantage...what happens to one aspect of life will affect the other, surely you must see this. Why is it that no one here has mentioned that life, regardless of the form it takes, is still a part of the whole...and the experience of suffering is imprinted onto the natural world, or the universe. The suffering of these animals at our hands goes a long way towards explaining the distress and chaos that the human societies find themselves in. Life is life...I dont care if it speaks english or meow mix...life is life and we are all of the same consciousness.

I think it is time I start growing all my own food...probably a good thing too because I need to lose some blubber.

Next time you go to Mickey D's, remember that the burger you're about to eat started out as a cow (or a few cows) that felt pain as it was killed...and that meat carries the imprint of that pain and torture. Keep putting those negative vibes into your body and dont cry out to your god when you get cancer or disease...you've been warned, and ignorance is not an excuse.

J.N.H 2008

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntisepticSkeptic

Thats why hunting is necessary. If an area is overpopulated with deer, the ecosystem will cease supporting that deer population and they will eventually die in large numbers due to starvation, disease, etc etc.

Lets start. Where do you live so we will make this process of 'human culling' much easier and quicker.

the question is, where do you live since you do not seem to have a heart or soul so you wouldnt mind if i took those from you.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Swatman]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You could easily reduce the population by controlling birth rates, there is no need to kill anybody. To do so would put us back with Hitler. However maybe you sould apply spme logic to the situation.

Each human needs a certain area to survive, for food, water and goods. There is a limited area on earth, therefore this planet can only support a certain populatin. Are you denying this logical fact? Controlling birth rates will come eventually, it's the only way. Otherwise people will simply die of starvation, disease and other massive die offs.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Why has this thread degraded into arguments over population? Let me post this again because I'm not sure it's sinking in...

"If all the grain currently fed to livestock in the United States were consumed directly by people, the number of people who could be fed would be nearly 800 million," David Pimentel, professor of ecology in Cornell University's College of Agriculture

"If all the grain currently fed to livestock in the United States were consumed directly by people, the number of people who could be fed would be nearly 800 million," David Pimentel, professor of ecology in Cornell University's College of Agriculture

[edit on 13-10-2008 by maus80]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Complain complain, .. but never about the real problem... MONEY.

Dammit people, wake up and look around you, it has poisoned EVERYTHING it touches, and it has damn near touched everything, I wouldn't consider myself to be religious at all, but dammit, where's Jesus when you need him ... he over turned the money changers tables, even if it was just a story we need someone like that today, the endless problems that money causes, you can tell those who like to delete, distort, and generalize the issues in THIS video because they are so far from reality it is sad, if you cannot see that this is unnecessary cruelty to animals (for profit) than your reality tunnel is truly inescapable.

Well, do you have a better idea? Let us hear these great ideas of yours and how to implement them. We're all ears.

Did you just complained just now? Gowsh.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

the question is, where do you live since you do not seem to have a heart or soul so you wouldnt mind if i took those from you.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Swatman]

Pretty sure he was being facetious to make a point. I would not take what the poster said as his or her true intentions.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

You could easily reduce the population by controlling birth rates, there is no need to kill anybody. To do so would put us back with Hitler. However maybe you sould apply spme logic to the situation.

Each human needs a certain area to survive, for food, water and goods. There is a limited area on earth, therefore this planet can only support a certain populatin. Are you denying this logical fact? Controlling birth rates will come eventually, it's the only way. Otherwise people will simply die of starvation, disease and other massive die offs.

So whats your name again? Controlling birth rates and the such? No way is that freedom.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Well, do you have a better idea? Let us hear these great ideas of yours and how to implement them. We're all ears.

Did you just complained just now? Gowsh.

Here is my better idea. Make sure there is more than enough quality food for everyone on earth. Many native cultures have done a good job of showing us quality examples of how a society can flourish when there are more than enough quality resources to go around. People grow to respect life and their environment on a much deeper level, overpopulation issues diminish, and the competitive nature of humans is displayed in much healthier ways.

How do we do this?? Return to a natural diet. It's THAT simple.

By the way, you guys do a really good job of showing that the only good way to get your attention is by being obnoxious, aggressive, and nonsensical. Most posts with any merit get lost in the stupid bait'n'bicker fooey.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Sounds like the venus project.

It does closely tie in with the abundance of resources. However, I would suppose the venus project has a way more humane way of treating animals, since its not driven by profits.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
So whats your name again? Controlling birth rates and the such? No way is that freedom.

No it's a logical need, would you prefer we let mass starvation, war, viruses and generally suffering occur? Check this website i'm big on freedom, anti ID cards, anti surveillance etc etc. Yet this is one logical problem you cannot escape, the earth can only suppot so many human beings. If you are unable to accept that very logical fact i can only put it down to you being a fanatic.

Why do you want my name btw?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

No it's a logical need, would you prefer we let mass starvation, war, viruses and generally suffering occur? Check this website i'm big on freedom, anti ID cards, anti surveillance etc etc. Yet this is one logical problem you cannot escape, the earth can only suppot so many human beings. If you are unable to accept that very logical fact i can only put it down to you being a fanatic.

Why do you want my name btw?

How about we just make sure everyone is fed? The less meat is in demand, the more grains can be dedicated to feeding humans instead of factory produced animals.

A well fed human population can dedicate itself to education and enlightenment, which is one of the healthiest, most natural forms of population control available to us. Our brains just aren't working right, corporations and customs make sure of that.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

I want to discus that further but i realise we're taking this rather off topic which is unfair to the op. I started a thread a while back on population control, go there if you want to talk about this or make a new thread.

To the OP's video. The practices shown there are not the common practices of all countries. Here in the UK those are rare. The only point of the op's video i can agree with is kosher meat production. I've been against the practices of kosher meat ever since i saw it up close.

As for some of the animals still being alive when they've been bolted and bled out, this isn't true. It's just the nerves firing randomly. The same can happen when a human being suffers a head injury. Or if you've ever shot an animal yourself you'll find out that when you're skinning them they can suddenly kick.

For example when i shot a deer a few years back, it was dead, not moving. We opened it up, took out it's liver, heart, kidneys and then suddenly as i was taking the head off it kicked pretty damn hard. Freaked me out but the thing was most deffinately dead. It's just slicing through the nerves caused it to kick.

The video is highly biased and i don't take anything from such a biased source as truth. I've seen farms and rarely seen anything like this.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Oh my God are you serious? All my comments are directly related to the original post.

How could what I'm saying have MORE relevance to the OP?

This thread was taken way off track, when I try to bring it back on track in a way that makes perfect and complete sense, and couldn't have more to do with the OP, it's 'quick, change the subject?'

The methods of discussion at work here leave me confused and shaking my head.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Never make the mistake that all humanity should be wiped out, the reality is 90 percent of us are good at heart and wouldint hurt a fly, we are capable of experiencing such amazingly beautiful things, not in the least love, and have the capability to live at harmony with the planet and still keep our precious technology.

And as for overpopulation, first of all the earth is not yet nearly overpopulated, and their are plently of landmasses where many more cities could be built, and when we eventually do look on the brink, we need to expand into space, which is something very much viable, as for birth control, it may seem harsh but its a lot better than killing and in my eyes a viable solution if things do come to that, in the case that we dont expand into space of course.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This is sicking how people can think this makes earthlings evil, i live in a rural area and have killed chickens and pigs that i have eaten, where would modern day society be without these forms of animal farming where u happily buy pre processed meat and eat it without thought, i watched the video i think it just shows how detached from reality humans have become in the last 100 years it takes away the messy part of survival now that you see some animals suffer.. boo hoo

call me an idiot but i think people that toaly agree with this video are just ignorant

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I’m not going to watch the video.

I’ve seen enough in the posts to see the majority of the people here got sucked into the OPs shock value.

If you think there was any other reason for the OP to post such a video - I would stand on my opinion that you’re wrong.
Does the OP eat meat?
Use animal products?
I bet so.
I may be wrong, it's just my guess.

I’ve seen PETA videos, and horse slaughter videos, even Mike the Headless Chicken.
They’re horrid, yep they are. (All but Mike).
But facts are facts.
What you see in these videos do not represent the majority of slaughter houses and animal housing facilities.

Other *possible* facts (I say possible because I don't know for sure).
Not one of you that saw that video will stop using animal products, byproducts, stop eating meat, or boycott companies doing animal studies.

When people in general start making sure people are fed, veterans of your countries wars are taken care of, the homeless and needy in your cities and towns are housed, and spend a little less time worrying about your *fuzzy friends* - the rest of the worlds problems (including animal abuse) will take care of itself.

The ongoing apathy towards human hunger and suffering is a direct reflection on society as a whole.
Take care of that, the rest falls into line.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
´´lets wipe out humanity off earth´´
we had fake threads like this many times before..dont get mad.

I know that movie, some people become vetetarian, some dont.
lets get rid of the NWO..

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostChildrenOfBabylon
After watching a movie like this it just really enforces my belief that humanity should be wiped off the face of this earth. We cannot let this continue. 1% of our population controls 40% of the world...

i had troubles watching past 17 minutes. Last time i cried was a couple of years ago, until this day.

I hope everyone that opens this link has watched or watches this video. Let the truth be told

Wow way to be close minded buddy..

Mod edit: Video link removed. -- Majic

[edit on 10/16/2008 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join