It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the "SADDEST" documentary ever made....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
ya i agree that there are more pressing issues. This is meant to pull at your heart strings. Its how you value life...its the whole question of abortion. I bet most vegetarians would have no problem swatting at a mosquito. We assign value to life and in that we are biased.

All animals kill to eat and the last time i checked i had incissors and molars meaning by nature we are meant to eat both vegetables and meats. Omnivorous.

With regard to the inhumane treatment...yeah it sucks but can you think of a better way? Cost effective? I know these farmers that "aren't using anesthetics" aren't living the high life either. How much do you think that would cost to "humanely" euthenize 50,000 cows or 1,000,000 chickens. Yeah it sucks but i'm sure if there was an easier way, they would do it. I'm sure they've killed a cow 1000 different ways before they figured out the best way to do it. They are the experts. Albeit some are backass hicks. Now.
where the guy is trying to get the pig to move along..."move it Bitch keep going" how effective would your farm be if you tried to coral 2000 pigs by saying "come here little piggy" "pretty please". yeah he's a redneck and has a dirty mouth but be real.

with all that said. I'm gonna go to Burger King and order a double whopper...on second thought....two.

and yes i watched the whole video.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
As a person who values the life of any being - be it plant, animal or person - equally, this made me EXTREMELY emotional.

Without a doubt the hardest thing i have ever watched AND I AM ONLY AT THE 17TH MINUTE.

I am very happy to see this film though as it may make people see what i see everyday. That animals are not lesser beings.

They are our equals with intelligence on par with our own just expressed in differeing ways.

I do not blame the culprits seen shooting animals and gassing them, they seem to know no better. It breaks my heart but i cannot judge them.

All i say is this:

If we all love every being equally and treat it the way we would like to be treated, then all these problems go away overnight.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Liked everything you just said except.....the money part. Look. I am sure most of us understand, if not think it be obvious, that money is the problem. How could it not. It seems to be the root of all evils. Why not this one.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Everything about saving a buck, earning a buck... Isn't that how it goes? Who cares the means, as long as the means produce a result.

This goes for both animals and humans.

Peace,
FK

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Everything about saving a buck, earning a buck... Isn't that how it goes? Who cares the means, as long as the means produce a result.

This goes for both animals and humans.

Peace,
FK

Please elaborate if you will? I cannot seem to follow what you are alluding to.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
You made some good points in your overall post. However, you my friend are advocate of the NWO? For I, surely am not.
If there is a balance, we must find ours.

No I am not an advocate of the NWO, What I said (if you read it) is...
"For the first time in my life I actually HOPE that the NWO really does reduce the population of this planet greatly"
Because any other way of greatly reducing the population (nuclear war etc.) would destroy the planet and likely kill any human survivors over time as well. (from starvation etc.)

In my book, if you HOPE in regards to anything related to the NWO's agenda, then you are advocating for at least part of the NWO's agenda I.e. in this case, mass extermination. How can you not?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
When a baby seal is clubbed to death for it's fur, People riot.
When an unborn child is torn limb from limb for no reason, People are silent.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Those who have come tothis thread stating things such as i wish man would be killed for the way he treats animals is just as bad as those who kill the animals.

It comes to loving everyone and everything equally without judgement. Hard to do, but the certainly the only way to exist in this place.

That was the message i got from this doco - show more love.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
Humans are in fact a cancer. Wherever they go, they bring destruction with them. Very few of us take the necessary steps to preserve the ecosystem, and I can honestly say a major depopulating event is definitely needed. 6.5 billion people on the planet now, I say lets wipe out 6 billion of them by whatever means necessary.

Wow, talk about self loathing. Are you one of those 6 billion or one of the .5 Billion carrying that mass killing out? Just curious.

I always find the dichotomy of animal rights activists to be rather amusing. Save the chicken, but go ahead and wipe out the majority of the human race by whatever means necessary.

To be honest, your ilk scare me more than any hunter or butcher or animal tester.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by pavil]

I am far from an animal rights activist, in fact, I love the taste of venison, elk, fish, and all of natures tasty creatures.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
one day humans will be on the bottom of the food chain. this is the day i laugh at humanity.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I haven't watched it but I already know its about animal cruelty and abuse. I agree, animals shouldn't be tortured so mercilessly. I don't approve of the people who do these things(I.E. skinning animals alive).

BUT, making stupid statements such as "humanity should be wiped off the face of the Earth" doesn't help your case at all. Most of humanity feels the same way you do about this kind of inhumane behavior. In my opinion, this type of conduct is very reminiscent of the way a serial killer develops(many serial killers begin on animals).

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I had the misfortune of watching this while eating. I quickly called it quit, and resigned to the fact that my stomach would have to run on air this night.

Sad music, sad voices, blood, blood and blood, cute and oh so gripping animals, and did I mention blood? I probably will not become a vegetarian overnight, but point taken.

Though I must ask: the author picks specific (read the worst) cases, and seem to paint the industry associated with it with a rather large brush. Surely not all of them are like that?

Still, this is an opportunity to see a cruel side of humanity that most of it prefer to ignore.

One image will remain stuck in my mind: one animal skinned alive, then a close-up of it's blood-soaked head. A wolf or something close. The thought of rewinding to take a closer look was too scary. As my roommate would say, that was f****** brutal.

Unnecessarily so.

[edit on 13/10/08 by Anomander]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I can't bear to watch it for even a minute, I've seen this type of video before on youtube and such...one thing is to kill for food, and one thing is to kill for sport...and killing for sport is not understandable..I don't think that we should be wiped out, but the people who are committing these atrocities should be wiped out. Why do we value our life more than any other living and breathing solid mammal? don't get me wrong, I'm no vegan, I'm omnivore, I'll eat meat and and veggies...This is just terrible and I know actions speak louder than words, but those actions can get us in trouble, if only we didn't have a law system and religion...Nonetheless, those scum of humans should die, I'd gladly kill one if I had the chance...did you see the marine that threw that cute puppy off the clip? then he said "well you have to be in my state, he looked sick, like he was suffering so I put him out of his misery" who the hell is he to dictate lifes? ironic isn't it? that I'm talking about killing those sick #s, but that dog did nothing to the marine, it wouldn't slow down the marine in any way...but it figures, when you brainwash a soldier and make him think that any moving target is a hostile despite it being a child, or animal, he will kill it, and then blame the war on his stupid actions. I wish we had them all in one big ballroom lined up in a vertical row, and then with a chainsaw, we would cut them up going vertically along their line.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What I find amazing, is that as a race, we can only care about one thing at a time, beings it`s humans life or an animals life. And whatever happened to caring about both at the same time, or even caring about the world, and everything on it at the same time?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostChildrenOfBabylon
I hope everyone that opens this link has watched or watches this video. Let the truth be told

let the truth be told?
everyone who eats meat or wear leathers for eg. (adults) know where it comes from and how. if they dont then their living with their heads in the sand.

humans have choices (in western countries that is) what they wear and eat so this video will not make anyone a vegetarian. it will make people sad for a few moments then they'll have a nice juicy steak for dinner.

i dont eat meat for this reason and couldent care less if i'm called a tree hugger (name made up by very ignorant people by the way) because this is MY life and MY concious.

sure it kills me to think people treat animals like this though it kills just as much that people can watch doco's about people in 3rd world countries and not do anything......

we live in a fickle world people and karmas a b*tch.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostChildrenOfBabylon
After watching a movie like this it just really enforces my belief that humanity should be wiped off the face of this earth.

Okay then let's start with YOU first.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
omg, didn't read through all of this thread... just the first couple pages.

Now I remember why I stopped eating cows. Would be a great time to get over the bacon addiction

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I just LOVE this ignorant "We need to kill animals to feed humans, obviously human life is more important than an animals..." argument.

"If all the grain currently fed to livestock in the United States were consumed directly by people, the number of people who could be fed would be nearly 800 million," David Pimentel, professor of ecology in Cornell University's College of Agriculture.

Meat eaters are directly responsible for the starvation, neglect, and torture of humans and many, many other species on this planet.

As far as it being "The way nature works" I would love to see what happens when you take a big bite out of a raw animal. Unless nature happens to cook your food for you without help, it's obviously a human invention for humans to consume meat.

It's been proven many times over that humans are naturally herbavores. How are we supposed to get our protein then? Supplements. How did humans originally get their protien? Well, we haven't always had pesticides, so unfortunately the majority of human evolution occured throught the consumption of vegetation with a healthy *bleh* mix of insects!

Seriously, isn't all this common sense?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
Humans are in fact a cancer. Wherever they go, they bring destruction with them. Very few of us take the necessary steps to preserve the ecosystem, and I can honestly say a major depopulating event is definitely needed. 6.5 billion people on the planet now, I say lets wipe out 6 billion of them by whatever means necessary.

Good idea. How about we start with YOU first?

The lack of appreciation towards human lives in this thread is truly sickening.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think that what it all comes down to, is that a lot of horrible things happen all around the world, in the name of profit. Animals, and human victims.

With the wars going on, I tend to think that all suffering in the world comes down to that one thing. Profit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join