It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the "SADDEST" documentary ever made....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
EARTHLINGS*

After watching a movie like this it just really enforces my belief that humanity should be wiped off the face of this earth. We cannot let this continue. 1% of our population controls 40% of the world...

i had troubles watching past 17 minutes. Last time i cried was a couple of years ago, until this day.

I hope everyone that opens this link has watched or watches this video. Let the truth be told

* Mod note: The original link to Google Video Canada has been replaced due to an apparent copyright violation. Earthlings is a commercial product offered for sale. Links to bootleg copies are prohibited by the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use. -- Majic

** Additional (and much wordier) mod note available here. -- Majic

[edit on 10/16/2008 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm not in the mood to cry right now, can you give us a brief synopsis?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have to agree with you after watching this. I do believe that humanity's evolution on this Earth was an experiment that went sadly wrong, and will be terminated quite soon

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't have to watch the video to disagree with you.

Humanity deserves to live, there are negatives and positives with everything in life. Don't tell me that I, my family, millions of people don't deserve to live just because of the natural negative side to humanity.

There is a balance.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Who cares about animals, we have humans that are dieing and being abused. That's a little more concerning for me. Tears are wasted on animals, once we can help all humans, then we can worry about the animals.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostChildrenOfBabylon
After watching a movie like this it just really enforces my belief that humanity should be wiped off the face of this earth. We cannot let this continue. 1% of our population controls 40% of the world...

Wouldn't it be easier to just tackle that 1% of humanity than wipe out the species? Most human beings are good at heart, just twisted by a top down system of greed and dishonesty.

As many problems as there are in the world I can't bring myself to hate humans in principle because of them. We are lead by the least of us, it's time the best of us stop cowering in the shadows and step up to the plate. Then a lot will change for the better and the world will be more humaine.

All this emo self loathing is irritating. Grow up. Make things better.

Mod edit: Quoted link removed.

+17 more 
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Who cares about animals, we have humans that are dieing and being abused. That's a little more concerning for me. Tears are wasted on animals, once we can help all humans, then we can worry about the animals.

You are wrong. It's the "who cares about animals" attitude that makes humanity worse.

Anyway back to OP, go outside, breath the fresh air, meet nice people, fall in love, look at nature, look at the sunset, look at the good sides to life, and "appreciate" that side to life, the negative sides to humanity only reminds me of how lucky we are for having nice compassionate people, beautiful nature, wildlife, food, and all the good things in life.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

link   

Yeah well trust me there are plenty of people that would not waste a tear on people like you, or toss you a crust of bread if you were starving to death.

I am one of them.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

link   
I'm never eating meat again. Very sad.

link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

A cow can't tell the difference between a knife going into its throat or a wolf ripping its jugular. So what makes humanity bad because of this? The cow dies either way.

Some of you care more about animals than people, and its disgusting. I'd rather see an animal die so a human can live.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LostChildrenOfBabylon

You show you care more about animals than people, congrats. People like me you make into the enemy when we care more about people than you. Anyone that values animals above people is an animal themselves. I like how you think you have such high values in your protection of animals yet you say you wouldn't feed someone with an opinion like mine, and hope all people that do, die. Great ethics there, Hitler would be proud.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Can someone sum up the video? Based on the title and the comments I don't think my heart could handle whatever the movie is about.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

A cow can't tell the difference between a knife going into its throat or a wolf ripping its jugular. So what makes humanity bad because of this? The cow dies either way.

Some of you care more about animals than people, and its disgusting. I'd rather see an animal die so a human can live.

You are lost man.

While the cow is alive you should show it love and respect even if your going to kill the cow later. I have no problem showing animals love, I don't know why someone would not?

This is not about who's better animals or humans? Why are you saying you would rather see an animal die?

Strange.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As technology expands, we kill off everything else in our path, until it gets to the point that we wont be able to help ourselves

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

how humans are dependant on animals in every aspect of our lives.
The video footage is appalling

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Are you against a small farmer slaying an animal so that he can feed his family? Most people probably not. These things are now being done on a large scale, which makes it look pretty bad, but leather and all these other things have been done for thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
its about how animals are treated before they are killed for the meat on our tables, trust me watch this & you will not eat meat again.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12You show you care more about animals than people, congrats. People like me you make into the enemy when we care more about people than you. Anyone that values animals above people is an animal themselves.

You see those that have empathy for the death and pain and suffering of other species as animalistic huh? Well yes we are all animals. The difference is some of us animals are capable of empathy, and other animals such as yourself are not.

Somehow your twisted reasoning makes you believe mocking their suffering makes you a superior human. That is just sick and pathetic.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Are you against a small farmer slaying an animal so that he can feed his family? Most people probably not. These things are now being done on a large scale, which makes it look pretty bad, but leather and all these other things have been done for thousands of years.

I said I'm against animal cruelty, a good farmer shows his animals love and respect even if he's going to kill them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join