It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troopergate Report: Palin Abused Power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Mod edit: Please review this link - Ending The Political Trolling On AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Mod edit: Please review this link - Ending The Political Trolling On AboveTopSecret.com

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
but did it not say that she did abuse her powers, may not of been illegal, but ti shows shes not the reform she claims to be

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i find it funny fox news isnt even touching it right now as i type, yet msnbc , thats all they can talk about right now. lol

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hmm... firing people because they didn't go along with or agree. Where have I heard this? I just can't seem to remember.

Gonzales Firing of US Attorneys

Hmm... saying that it's confidential and won't comment. Seems so familiar. Can't put my finger on it.

Bush claims executive privilege in Valerie Plame Wilson case

Palin refuses to cooperate with that inquiry, which she says has become too political, citing comments by the Democratic senator overseeing the case. She is only cooperating with the personnel board inquiry, which is much more secretive, is run by people she can fire and could take years to resolve.

Only answer questions asked by people who already agree with them or are too afraid to disagree... hmm.

Anyone else see the same pattern?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The report is essentially summarized as follows:

-Governor Palin acted well within her Authority in firing the Public Safety Commissioner.

-She was "ethically" questionable under two circumstances:

-The fact that the Legislative Appointed/Hired "Investigator" did not personally feel the Trooper in question was a serious threat.

And...

-In accordance with such, the fact that Governor Palin's husband (Todd Palin) went to different officials in an attempt to display to them that the Trooper was in fact a real threat.

That is essentially the entire finding, which can be twisted any which way, depending upon how you already view Governor Palin.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

And you know how the Obama Nation will be spinning this, too.

Hmmmm....nothing about ACORN, tho. And how much money did the Obama Campaign dump into that organization.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Read the PDF of the actual report.

Page 66.

Her conduct violated AS 39.52.110(a) of the Ethics Act.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Governor Palin should be glad this came out on a Friday close to 10:00 p.m. EST

Karma is a bitch.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by newguyhere2]

link   

Originally posted by anachryon
Read the PDF of the actual report.

Page 66.

And that my friends... is not change we can believe in.

Now if you dont mind, im gonna go watch maverick with mel gibson

link   

link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Uh ohhhhhh.. Good ol' Modulator is having a malfunction.

Everyone, please step aside and let the man get some Ayer! LOL

On topic:
Well, I think Sublime pretty much said everything I was going to.. Definitely rings true.

And from page 66:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

This is what frustrates me with liberals. There is no legal definition of "Abuse of Power" in the Alaskan constitution. This was a political hit job once it was discovered that McCain was interested in Palin.

In fact, Monegan did not contest his firing before the Alaskan Human Rights Committee which he had right to do.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Further reading:

Alaska Statute

AS 39.52.110. Scope of Code.

(a) The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust. In addition, the legislature finds that, so long as it does not interfere with the full and faithful discharge of an officer's public duties and responsibilities, this chapter does not prevent an officer from following other independent pursuits.

That's the law on Alaska's books, and that's what the report indicates Gov. Palin is in violation of.

Deny Ignorance, folks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join