It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troopergate Report: Palin Abused Power

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

It appears to be so!

Breakout the code book and line up to get shot in the face!

At least you won't have to look at a dark fella on the tube...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
And Obama is friends with a terrorist, a racist black preacher, and further left than Castro. So keep it up, the right is going to get brutal on Obama with ads in the next few weeks. By NOV Obama will look like a terrorist and McCain and CO will steal another election. You should have picked Hillary.IMHO

At least you use the term ''look like a terrorist''

and '' steal another election''

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
All the signs that electing Palin to office would mean bad things for the American public are there. Shes very much reminiscent of your current VP IMO. She'll engage in corruption, cover it up and lie when confronted as demonstrated here. She only had the authority of a governor before, I honestly think it would be a poor decision to give her more power.

Although it doesn't affect me... you guys have had a rough 8 years, I wouldn't take any chances.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well it seems yahoo is all over this story..
Just as I woke up I found a new headline!
Impact of Palin report

A legislative investigator found that Palin violated state ethics laws and abused her power by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper

So right now this is up in the air.. And sertinly I know this is out here to damage the already fading McCain campain..

"It is out of the Legislative Council's hands. It goes to anyone's hands who got a copy or clicks the link on the Web," said Democratic state Sen. Kim Elton, the chairman of the committee that released the report. "I can't tell you how the process ends."
If voters believe the report's finding and it tarnishes Palin's reputation as a reformer and a champion for good government, that could hurt Republican presidential nominee John McCain in the final weeks of the race.

The McCain campaign quickly rejected that notion.

I know one thing is for sure.. WE are going to see this get down and dirty here in the next week.
I think the gloves are going to come off.
But is this any real change of pace in this process..
Trust me behind closed doors Obama and McCain are still buddies.

They are playing this illusion out for you folks to simply lose your mind and go off the deep end trying to defend this or that..
While I can say,, dont let me stand in your ways or your passionate belifes.
And most you all here have done a really good job keeping a level head here! I applaud you for that guys! Sublime620, and the rest who have followed his classy posts keep up the good work.
And try not to befall this illusion..
When its all said and done, these guys are going to go back to being buddies, and working to the NWO..
This is more fodder to keep people at our witts ends here..

Just like BUsh VS clinton at the time.. They really where going at it..
But look at them today.. Best of Buds.. and working twords that new world order they both have talked about in the past..

Just look at it this way guys.. This info is out here.. And Im just posting some links.. While in the same hand trying to make sense out of all this.
And it only makes sense to me as a ploy to get you all up in arms.
And start fighting eachother.. Its the same formula that they have been using year after year.. Every 4 years.. we all fall back into the same pit falls here.. Fair warning for my friends and listeners on ATS.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

And you stay classy, San Diego.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
When you read the report, it puts a lot of spin on attacking Palin, but provides no evidence for its conclusion. It is a he said she said result, that will not change anyones mind. The only attempt at evidence is that Alaska's Attorney General refused to turn over a few emails, which is perfectly legitimate. This is always the accusation in an investigation which has no evidence to back its conclusions, somebody failed to turn over enough evidence in their red herring search.

Note the report put out by Alasks's executive branch provides evidence of collusion between the guy fired, the online blooger who has pushed the story, and the state trooper who is the prime focus. This type of collaberatoin destroys any legitimacy to this obviously politically motivated conclusion.

So what if Palin's husband worked to get this state trooper who was threatening his family fired. Sounds to me like Palin's husband was doing the right thing. What would you do if some state trooper was threatening your family.

If the Obama camp wants to put this state troooper who tasered his own kid at the center of their campaign, go ahead, because I think it will backfire.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You are the second person to imply Palin called Obama a terrorist. That never happened. You guys are making that up.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is the question I think everyone should ask themselves.

Would you want some guy who tasered his twelve year old kid running around your town armed, with the force of the law behind him?

It would be healthy for this situation to get some attention, because like many, I think our police have a bit too much authority, and are treated far too leniently when they misbehave.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
For it to be an ethics violation there has to be personal gain, usually monitary.

Nice try!

I see this poo sliding down the wall, it's not going to stick.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

This is the question I think everyone should ask themselves.

Would you want some guy who tasered his twelve year old kid running around your town armed, with the force of the law behind him?

It would be healthy for this situation to get some attention, because like many, I think our police have a bit too much authority, and are treated far too leniently when they misbehave.

My thoughts excactly. I might add, if she were a Democrat would this get the same attention? One always must question the timing of things like this.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I don't think many Americans are going to be cool with having an executive in office that abuses their power. How many more shoes are left to drop? Obama will be a great president (in respect to the current one). Too bad McCain couldn't have picked a better running mate.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Of course not. But I would not ABUSE the power that the state had entrusted to me to attempt to manipulate a person under me to punish the person. That's not the job of the office of Governor. Palin could have and should have started an investigation about the tasing incident and let the law decide whether or not he was guilty and punish him accordingly. She is the governor, not law enforcement.

Do you understand that?

If you (or anyone) would use your position of power to assign and force punishment on someone that YOU determined was guilty, without the benefit of a trial, then you, too, should be charged with abuse of power.

Instead, she USED her position as Governor to illegally (against the state law) manipulate someone to punish her ex-brother-in-law (for personal reasons). When that didn't work, she punished Monegan.

If this woman, who is well-known for hiring unqualified friends and firing those who disagree with her, became vice-president, with her ideas of “new Constitutional authority of the VP’s office”, she’d make Dick Cheney and Alberto Gonzalez look like Mr. Honor and Mr. Integrity.

May I remind you:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The McCain campaign should have vetted her more thoroughly. They should have know this issue was out there and if anything is out there in a Presidential campaign you can be 99% sure it will be looked into.

I question the timing of the apparent conservative outrage over this. As a previous poster has said this info has been out there since early September at least.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volton
For it to be an ethics violation there has to be personal gain, usually monitary.

Having her sister's ex-husband fired IS personal gain.
Exacting retribution IS personal gain.

Originally posted by stikkinikki
The McCain campaign should have vetted her more thoroughly.

They said they knew about it. The investigation was underway when she was chosen. She was fully cooperating with the bipartisan investigation until she was chosen, and then started to fight it.

- The ORIGINAL timeline for these results was October 31.
- The McCain campaign balked at this, saying it was too close to the election and tried to get it moved to AFTER the election.
- The bipartisan investigating committee refused, but compromised, saying they would release the results October 10, so it wouldn't be so close to the election.
- That's when Republican Party sued to get the initial investigation stopped. They were unsuccessful.
- Palin hired the 3-person Alaska personnel board to do their own investigation. Palin appointed one of these people and another donated to her campaign.

Links can be found in this thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I personally get tired of all the tripe that surrounds these elections. Even as an Obama supporter (as far as I really don't want McCain in, I don't think he'll do anything good for our country, and there are no better choices), I think this is stupid. This revoles around someone who apparently is a nasty dude, and if he was fired because of it, good riddance. This is up there with trying to make Obama guilty by association for knowing a terrorist. I only care now, what these folks will do for this country.

As far as Palin goes, I would not want her in office NOT for this, I could care less about this fiasco. McCain isn't a spring chicken, and if God forbid something happens to him while in office, I do NOT trust her to run our country. I honestly don't trust Biden to either, but I trust his experience well over Palin's. And Obama doesn't look like he is ready to keel over quite yet.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
This revoles around someone who apparently is a nasty dude, and if he was fired because of it, good riddance.

That's not what happened. The guy who was fired was a very nice dude.
He was fired because he refused to fire the nasty dude.

Read the thread linked above if you want to know the story.

Just FYI.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

I like her. She reminds me of Reagan

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Which is well within her rights under the law, correct? What is the scandal here? Besides the fact this whole thing is being run by Obama supporters?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The scandal is that we live in a republic, where the government is supposed serve the people, not serve personal vendettas.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

That's not the question. An unfortunate incident, if it occurred. On that issue the question should be, since the Palin family reportedly witnessed the incident first hand, why didn't they call law enforcement at that time?

That is the question I would like to know the answer to.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join