It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was attacked today. I am stunned.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HELLS ANGELS FOR A SAFER AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Morally you're absolutely right.

Practically you're absolutely wrong.

I can clearly see a prosecution attorney bending the story to show that an overzealous woman shot dead a kid who was just having some fun with a water gun. That may not be the truth, but thats how the prosecution would spin it.

And a jury would swallow it up... just like Nahsik's views prove.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by C0le

Morally you're absolutely right.

Practically you're absolutely wrong.

I can clearly see a prosecution attorney bending the story to show that an overzealous woman shot dead a kid who was just having some fun with a water gun. That may not be the truth, but thats how the prosecution would spin it.

And a jury would swallow it up... just like Nahsik's views prove.

True but this thought comes after the fact, In a situation like this the only thing that maters is that moment, you wont be thinking about Prosecutors or a Jury, you'll bethinking about rather or not you'll be alive in the next 5 min...

There's a little saying in the gun community that rings true...

It's better the be judged by Twelve than carried by Six

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe the worst response would be to change the way you live and treat life.

Lesson learned is, stay away from the 'hood' when you're not wearing colors.. and stay away from 'the hood' also if you're not sure your colors are also theirs

You stayed cool so you demanded a certain respect from them, I'm sure.

If you would have panicked or pulled a weapon, all bets where off.

I hope it don't haunt your dreams, or, heaven forbid, poisons them.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For those interested. State of Ohio.

2903.13 Assault.

(A) No person shall knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to another or to another’s unborn.

(B) No person shall recklessly cause serious physical harm to another or to another’s unborn.

(C) Whoever violates this section is guilty of assault. Except as otherwise provided in division (C)(1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) of this section, assault is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

State of Ohio

Edit:fix tag

[edit on 9/23/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You could take self defense classes that teach the proper use of pepper spray. Even if you spray yourself, it's temporary.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about you experience, just live by the rule that "it could have been worse" (imagine if the gun was real.. or worse filled with piss)

My girlfriend has a big angry dog that rarely leaves her side, It wouldn't work for everyone but it works for her, she's never had any trouble since she got it and she's somewhat of a goth so you can imagine the grief she got before hand.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatTrick
You could take self defense classes that teach the proper use of pepper spray. Even if you spray yourself, it's temporary.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

The probability is that if she used pepper spray she would have received a good kicking for her trouble, it's no good exasperating the situation especially if he had th back up of a few others, she did the right thing and walked away. Scary and psychologically mind screwing for a few days/weeks but she did well to keep her calm and carry on.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

This is one of the reason why our planet needs a cleansing. In a JUST world a man that would attack a Female would be excuted on the spot!!! I can not express the anger I feel reading your post... Too bad I live in Los Angeles or I would ask for the street and location of where this took place!

I don't care what anyone says the only answer to the current problems in the world that we face is depopulation! Their is no other way to correct the problem. Its how it was done in the past and I have a feeling its the same way it will be done in the near future!

As a man I apologize to you, and I'm sorry you had to experience that. I can't begin to imagine the horror you must have felt!

Rest assure all the crimes and unjust treatment that Men have and still inflict on Women (and their has been many) will not go unpunished!

[edit on 9/23/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well I don't feel any better today as of yet, but I am greatful for the replies. It will probably take a couple of days.

I would like to clarify a couple of things though.

The reason for the post was several fold. The first being I needed to talk to someone about this. The second was to let people know that no matter how they think they may react to something you just never know until you are there.

I am very angry today and still ashamed. I thanked this child for assaulting me. I thanked him. God help me.

I had time to react to this. When I heard the warhoop and I turned around to see who was yelling and why, he was 30 or 40 yards from me. I turned sideways on instinct. I didn't think about making myself a smaller target I just did it. My mind was racing like when you are trying to avoid a car wreck and you think really quick. I had time to analyze that I could trip him and he would go down hard. Had time to think there were 2 more and I couldn't win. Then I got body slammed.

I don't really think I offended anyone looking back on it. If this was an attempt to hurt me I would of been hurt. It was more like a kid being stupid. I think somewhere I thought he would stop short and just spray me for a second.

As for walking back down the same st. I had just been on it 5 minutes before and not a living breathing soul was outside. When I came out of Wells Fargo I looked to my left and the 1st st. had a single bldg. apt. complex with jail fence and razor wire on top of it. I said not that st. The st. to the south had a boarded up crack house on the corner. My best bet was the main rd. I had walked down and not side sts. I tried to find another route.

We just bought this house about 3 months ago and I should have realized that I hadn't taken time to learn all of the area but we live in a nice suburb and I never thought gangs were this far north. I don't know he belongs to a gang.

The part about acid in water guns scred me worse than anything. I never thought of that. I always thought kicking a guy in the balls will take him down(my legs are strong) never thought they might wear a cup. So maybe in some way this is a good thing. It made me realize I need to learn more.

But this post was about my anger and shame and the fact that I have always been one to say if this happens this is how I will react. It didn't happen like that.

I know how to defend myself, why didn't I do it? I just don't understand.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
b. You shoot dead the assailant, but the prosecutor will attempt to show the jury that an "overzealous, right wing nut shot dead a kid with a water gun".

Yes, the presence of the water-gun makes that scenario far more likely. In the south our gun rights and the right to protect oneself are very generous but I agree, the presence of the water gun could make a difference. I honestly have to wonder if that teenager was mentally disabled in some way. The behavior is so very bizarre.

I wouldn't say it was bizarre, just probably had a soaker and was dared to do it, teens are young and "invincible" and that fact that she looked out of her area was probably the nail in the coffin, I've seen similar situations come from boredom in the area which I live, unfortunately nothing much she can do about it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Don't work yourself up, life throws these things at you and your probably gonna be peeved for weeks, going over things in your head then pissing yourself off even more, I usual like that after being attacked but at least it's only your pride that took the beating, you've lived and learned.

Don't beat yourself up over it (Although you won't be able to help yourself doing it). You've had an experience, now forget the bad stuff, remember everything you did right and whatever you envisioned that you should have done, it may help you or someone else out later on in life, everything happens for a reason.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kidney thief

You are right. Escalation leaves too many variables.

A knife fight IS THE WORST possible situation of all. It's the most stupid way to go and always results in bad consequences for both parties. I can't stress enough how bad a choice a knife fight is. I'd take a gun fight or a gas and matches fight over a knife fight any day.

I hope no one thinks they can defend themselves with any size knife. Its impossible unless your opponent is a quadriplegic. I don't care if you are a shaloin ninja with a 18 inch blade. Knife fights = stupidest move of all. I hope people forget about knives as defense tools if they are considering it.

Pepper spray might be a good idea, maybe a gun. But as this woman did, it was the smartest option.

Glad you are safe!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasGunMan
You really should consider getting your CCW for just those kind of situations. The second you became fearful of your life you could have legally drawled your weapon and mostly likely stop the attack without even firing a shot. In any case a gun(with the proper training ) could have saved you from a needless attack. I hope you will in the near future consider getting a gun and taking a course to properly handle it. And remember when seconds count the Police are only minutes away. Good Luck TGM

I have a CCW. You never draw a gun to scare someone, although that would be helpful. If you draw, be ready to fire, because the tables can turn on you very quickly. That gun can be taken away and used on you. No, you draw to deal with the threat, peroid, or don't draw.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
I wouldn't say it was bizarre, just probably had a soaker and was dared to do it....

Squirting her with a bit of water from a DISTANCE would be a "dare". Running at her and body slamming her into the pavement, when he is MUCH larger than her is an assault. That is no joke. I think the kid may have been retarded, it seems that is a rough area and his life expectancy may not be very long if he has that little sense.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
When I came out of Wells Fargo I looked to my left and the 1st st. had a single bldg. apt. complex with jail fence and razor wire on top of it. I said not that st. The st. to the south had a boarded up crack house on the corner...

Oh my god! For the record, razor wire around an APARTMENT complex means it is a VERY rough area. From now on drive your CAR to a nice area of town when you feel like walking around. Sheesh, you just moved into this area and you had no clue? That kid did do you a favor. You had to get a clue sometime.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

What do you mean don't escalate the situation? Those Neighborhoods are already escalated. Don't back down! Shoot those Bastards if you have too, this is your country to! The more you don't do anything, the more they take over your neighborhood, and then your neighborhood, and so on....... This # has got to stop. Why should we be afraid to walk down a street....... Sometimes turning the other cheek doesn't work. They probably don't pay taxes. You Do!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by spitefulgod
I wouldn't say it was bizarre, just probably had a soaker and was dared to do it....

Squirting her with a bit of water from a DISTANCE would be a "dare". Running at her and body slamming her into the pavement, when he is MUCH larger than her is an assault. That is no joke. I think the kid may have been retarded, it seems that is a rough area and his life expectancy may not be very long if he has that little sense.

Although it was an assault, it was probably based on gang mentality, he was told/dared to do it so being young and stupid he did it, I doubt there was any planning behind it whatsoever she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. And like you said better to learn by a water gun than a real one, I doubt she'll put herself in the same situation again.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Sorry about this incident Jane.

Alot of talk in this thread about CCW and pepper spray. All good ideas, if you know what you are doing, and can react in a time of crisis. Personally, this guy would be down to one knee if I was in this situation. Hard to miss even when running with a crimson trace. However, thats me. Not everyone can or will carry a firearm. What we need to remember is to NOT BE A VICTIM. Each of us, not just Jane needs to know their neighborhoods, learn to protect themselves. Evil is everywhere, avoiding it and dealing with it are the best ways we can protect ourselves.

This could have been much worse, when I saw water pistol, I was relived. What if this was a knife, if it turned into a rape, etc.... The factor is you were a victim, now you need to work on never letting this happen again. As do all of us.

The quote that struck me from the OP, was this, He let me leave, as I was walking away he says "You don't belong here" My thought was "What gave you your first clue???? "

Why dont you belong there? Its your city as well as the next persons. Sure, there are places I dont want to be, but Ill be damed if someone is going to tell me that I cant walk down the street he lives on. This type of activity of terror is simply unacceptable to me. Someone tells me that, Im coming back tomorrow with 20 guys, just to walk down the street. Not to look for trouble, but to send a message that no one owns our streets. Fear will not deture me from enjoying my freedoms.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
Why dont you belong there? Its your city as well as the next persons. Sure, there are places I dont want to be, but Ill be damed if someone is going to tell me that I cant walk down the street he lives on. This type of activity of terror is simply unacceptable to me. Someone tells me that, Im coming back tomorrow with 20 guys, just to walk down the street. Not to look for trouble, but to send a message that no one owns our streets. Fear will not deture me from enjoying my freedoms.

I think that is a good point. The same thought pops into my mind when I hear the "my, our street comment" thugs make. The public letting too much of this slide surely doesn't help the situation. People should have their freedom and pride for where they live but not at other's expense.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join