It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chilled Zen
Well done fox_3000au, I thought it was something to do with a keyboard but I didn't have the time to fully work that through. Also didn't realize that you moved the p and l.

Good cipher though, looking forward to the next one.

That's also why I repeted three times, "The answer's right under your nose". Did that help at all or did it slip by you? What did it make you think?

And thanks to you both for the fun we're having here. Without you and the other code crackers that follow along in this thread, I've got nothing here, you know? Be well and thanks for playing. Anew cipher WILL be entered later this evening. I'm going to work on it now, actually. Peace.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Static Sky]

Oh, and a quick thanks for every flag this thread gets. As far as I'm concerned, this is the greatest compliment you can give a thread around ATS/BTS. (The Mods can give applause, but members can not).

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Way To Go! I never would have considered rearranging they keyboard like that. Very impressive!!! I'm learning all the time

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Alright folks. I'm sorry I'm a little late here, but I've decided to add 2 new ones.

***"ZERO"***
EPPSTOHOIOOLETVEFITTARSENHAETIDTSHRINRESSEITT

A clue for "Zero".
My name is the key.
I expect "Zero" to last awhile. It could become our highest one ever, but you never know.

***"The You Code"***
+4,-10,+6,,-8,+8,-2,+1,,-6,+1,-11,+9,,+4,-10,+6,-3,,-16,+20,-20,+14
-2,-4,,-1,-12,-7,+19,,+4,-10,+6-3,,-8,-4,+5,-10
-8,-12,+25,,-17,+11,,-1,-12,-3,,-2,-18,+12,-8

And a clue for "You", (AKA; "The 'you' code),
The key is always in you.

As of now, both codes are worth 500 points and counting. I think "You" will fall before "Zero" does, but we shall see. Good luck to all and thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, I've already got a few pages of working out done, I have even slept on the problem...and have got nowhere.

These two ciphers are going too make me age a little I think.

I hope some one is doing better than I am.

Cheers, Fox.

Insert dramatic look monkey here------>

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying these, fox. I'm thrilled a few others are, too. I feel the time for me to make a bigger puzzle, with several connected clues is nearing. I'm getting a little excited about it, to tell you the truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Your starting too worry me.

Are these not hard enough?

...though your definatley making me (and others, I suspect) challenge my/ourselves. Thats a good thing.

(And it will help my future psychiatrist buy that Mercedes he's been eyeing off.
)

Cheers, and keep up the good work, Fox.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au

Your starting too worry me.

Are these not hard enough?

...though your definatley making me (and others, I suspect) challenge my/ourselves. Thats a good thing.

(And it will help my future psychiatrist buy that Mercedes he's been eyeing off.
)

Cheers, and keep up the good work, Fox.

You as well, my friend. And thanks for playing. I'm trying to give you all fair knowledge into my specific cipher style, so that you may all play along in my bigger games, which I promise are coming. This is now my main 'pet' project. Yet it is nothing without you, who are interested. My sincerest thanks for that. And best of luck in the future.

I've read on ATS/BTS where they mention this thread as a place where you can win points for "winning their games". It makes me smile, so thanks to you all for giving me a receptive audience to pose these to. Be well, all.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In roughly 90 minutes, both new puzzles become worth 600 points.

A clue for "Zero".

I mean it exactly. My name is the key.

And for "You".....

There are lots of words in the cipher. They all start with "You".

Peace, all. Thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Thanks for clues Static, back too the books for me.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Aaagh! My cipher-newbie brain hurts!

Then again, I think Static Sky must like watching the madness set in ;-)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
In less than 90 minutes, "Zero" and "You" become worth 600 points each.

A clue for "You". How does it SOUND?

Thanks for playing. Talk to you tomorrow. Be well.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
Aaagh! My cipher-newbie brain hurts!

Then again, I think Static Sky must like watching the madness set in ;-)

Just so you know, yeah. I do. It's kind of what I get out of it. LOL. But I also like seeing one of you solve them. It completes the puzzle, you know? Without a solution its all just simple gibberish. Every puzzle needs to be solved for it to truly achieve its full potential. It's why I'm so carefull to always thank you all for playing. I REALLY DO appreciate it. Be well all. And thanks again.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
"Zero" and "You" are at 700 points each now. A clue for "Zero" tonight.

With my first clue, the answer is obvious. If it isn't, a little research into solving these will make it so. This isn't technically one of my ciphers. It's one I've found a thousand times in the past few years, while researching ciphers. (I liked to work on 'The Zodiac' ciphers before. Then I read Farmers' work. I think he's got them cracked).

That's all for tonight. Be well, all.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Been gone a couple days and wanted to check in. Work's just been a mess and I've not had time to breathe, never mind play with these ciphers.

Static, how very interesting where I think you're going with "Zero", time to check it out!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Been absolutely snowed under with university work, however I've started trying a few things with "You", nothing so far.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
CeltAngel and Chilled Zen. Good luck to you both. I like that you're working on seperate puzzles, too. It's just kind of neat to me.

So I think I'll give you each a clue, tonight. Decent clues, too. Both puzzles become worth 800 points in about 90 minutes now.

"YOU"
re: "How does it sound"
You....yoo....yoooo....yue?
What else sounds like that? The clue is phonetic. What else sounds like the word you?

"ZERO"
All letters are the letters needed to solve it. It is not a substitution code. In a sense, you could say it's a 'jumble' code but there is a key that makes it ordered. That key is my name.

Good luck to both of you and everyone else playing, too. (Fox_3000au, et al). Thanks for playing and be well.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In about 20 minutes, both puzzles running will hit 900 points. A clue for "You".

**Every word restarts with the clue, again.

Happy hunting everyone. Be well.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I've got the "you" cipher.

The solution is:
you must open your eyes
so that your mind
may do the same

How did I do it?

I started by writing the alphabet in front of me:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

As clues suggest, starting all words with U seemed a good idea, so I started counting letters backwards for negative & forward for positive numbers.

So for instance, the first 2 words:
4 letters after U: Y
from there, -10 letters from Y: O
again, from there, +6: U

Starting again from U:
-8: M
+8: U
-2: S
+1: T

etc.

Great code!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Duuuuude, nice one! I've been struggling with the + and -. Knew they couldn't all stand for an individual letter, but I was a bit stumped. Way to go!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Nicely done SpookyVince. You are exactly right! A very simple code that I thought looked a bit daunting when I first saw it posted in the thread. I'll be sure to let MemoryShock know that you've got 900 points coming your way. Thanks for playing. Be well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join